Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:38:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:58:57 PM

How will you convince users to sell their data to anyone? I know most of the companies sell my data but that happens in the background and I don't know about that.
WHy would I sell my data to anyone?

For money Smiley Also i the future selling your data can become useful for your own convenience. Example, you dont know what to eat, but your refrigerator knows everything in your fridge and what you ate the past 1-2 weeks. You upload your fridge data to a cooking receipt app, that can suggest meals you can make with the stuff you have in your fridge and is divers from anything you ate that week.

Just one example of the many applications possible with data
Well, its your own choice.
You want to give it for free or sell it for money?

I can think of many use cases where i would sell my data, and use it to my own advantage to make life easier, like the example i stated before

Well, I am a privacy-oriented person and I don't want to sell my data but, I can't stop facebook and twitter to sell my data because I need them. Not sure what will be datum's pitch to convince me. Just money is not enough. If they could cut down the fb, twitter etc. that would be nice.

Just to take your example of facebook and twitter. If they collect your personal data to sell them and you don't want to relinquish them, why not take what Datum offers and make money with that data. With using facebook you already gave up your privacy so why not benefit from it.

In an ideal world, probably i would never sell my data. But in this one, they are already taking it for free without asking me. If i am already giving away for free, if i have some chance, i would definitely get some money for it.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. If you have to give away your personal data anyway, you should at least try to get some sort of reward for it!

I could think about it only after knowing what data datum wants to sell or I have right to choose what I share.

the data that makes companies money, like your specific likes, location and shopping behavior

But you can choose what data you want to sell to the companies, as I understood. Like there is a marketplace with companies searching for specific type of data, you can say I will sell them this and that, for example your health information on your phone, or your recent facebook states.

I think that the data in the array will be classified for buyers. No one needs chaotic unsorted data. The data buyer has a specific request. For example, a buyer wants to buy the data of people suffering from a certain disease in order to offer them some new medicine. If these people agreed to sell information about their health in the database. Although it is possible that some data on health pharmaceutical companies are already collected behind the scenes using any electronic bracelets and mobile applications to control the circulatory system for hypertensives. But Datum offers to sell this data, which looks more correct than the unsolicited collection and analysis of personal data through social networks, for example.

I also think the big advantage of our data stored on Datum is that it is much more structured and accurate, thus more valuable for companies.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:00:34 PM

https://blog.datum.org/europeans-general-data-protection-regulation-opens-door-for-user-control-76fbb7d5b587 nicely explain. is there anyway end users will have control of who they share data with and what type of data they can share? looking for some sort of opt-in otherwise not allow to share

Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:07:39 PM

https://blog.datum.org/europeans-general-data-protection-regulation-opens-door-for-user-control-76fbb7d5b587 nicely explain. is there anyway end users will have control of who they share data with and what type of data they can share? looking for some sort of opt-in otherwise not allow to share

Now that I think of it, it reminds me of another project. I need to look into it.
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:32:31 PM

I hope the team have a good marketing strategy, since thats the door to the mass market. When I Take a Look into the AppStore its impossible how much apps there are. 
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:06:55 PM

Yes the management of data is a very valuable business, if datum manage well our data, the value of them will be much higher. Datum can disrupt the actual data market, and it’s a very big market.
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:35:45 PM

Don't forget to subscribe to the official website and get a free coin. Thank the devs. The project looks promising.

NICE im doing that right now - thanks for telling  Cool
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:43:41 PM

Yes the management of data is a very valuable business, if datum manage well our data, the value of them will be much higher. Datum can disrupt the actual data market, and it’s a very big market.

true, but I'm more interested in the personal management of data. I don't mind selling it either.

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:48:08 PM

So hypotetical case: Im on Facebook and Share some links of sneakers, furthermore I like the page of Nike. Than my Datum App get these Informations and Im able to sell them. But at the same time, Facebook has this informations and wants to sell them also.

Where is the advantage of datum for the buyer?

That's the point. I asked this before too. The answer was, other companies are middle men, which are no longer needed, but in fact if you take a company like facebook, they are no real middle man. They are more like the producer of big data collections which will be sold in big packs of data. I don't think companies will stop buying these until they really have an important reason for this.

Anyways, Datum could be interesting, but just if they will manage to build up a big userbase and maybe good deals with different companies which search for data. Otherwise I think companies will go on and buy at the big data marketplaces aka google and facebook.

If you remove the middlemen in a way that customers and merchants are in a direct connection, then what is the point of the personal data? The personal data was used to drive customers to the merchants, when the customer has arrived it serves little purpose.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:48:41 PM

How will you convince users to sell their data to anyone? I know most of the companies sell my data but that happens in the background and I don't know about that.
WHy would I sell my data to anyone?

For money Smiley Also i the future selling your data can become useful for your own convenience. Example, you dont know what to eat, but your refrigerator knows everything in your fridge and what you ate the past 1-2 weeks. You upload your fridge data to a cooking receipt app, that can suggest meals you can make with the stuff you have in your fridge and is divers from anything you ate that week.

Just one example of the many applications possible with data
Well, its your own choice.
You want to give it for free or sell it for money?

I can think of many use cases where i would sell my data, and use it to my own advantage to make life easier, like the example i stated before

Well, I am a privacy-oriented person and I don't want to sell my data but, I can't stop facebook and twitter to sell my data because I need them. Not sure what will be datum's pitch to convince me. Just money is not enough. If they could cut down the fb, twitter etc. that would be nice.

Just to take your example of facebook and twitter. If they collect your personal data to sell them and you don't want to relinquish them, why not take what Datum offers and make money with that data. With using facebook you already gave up your privacy so why not benefit from it.

In an ideal world, probably i would never sell my data. But in this one, they are already taking it for free without asking me. If i am already giving away for free, if i have some chance, i would definitely get some money for it.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. If you have to give away your personal data anyway, you should at least try to get some sort of reward for it!

I could think about it only after knowing what data datum wants to sell or I have right to choose what I share.

the data that makes companies money, like your specific likes, location and shopping behavior

But you can choose what data you want to sell to the companies, as I understood. Like there is a marketplace with companies searching for specific type of data, you can say I will sell them this and that, for example your health information on your phone, or your recent facebook states.

I think that the data in the array will be classified for buyers. No one needs chaotic unsorted data. The data buyer has a specific request. For example, a buyer wants to buy the data of people suffering from a certain disease in order to offer them some new medicine. If these people agreed to sell information about their health in the database. Although it is possible that some data on health pharmaceutical companies are already collected behind the scenes using any electronic bracelets and mobile applications to control the circulatory system for hypertensives. But Datum offers to sell this data, which looks more correct than the unsolicited collection and analysis of personal data through social networks, for example.

I also think the big advantage of our data stored on Datum is that it is much more structured and accurate, thus more valuable for companies.

yes to both, it'll be data storage and retail to fit the exact needs of the buyer. This will eliminate guesswork greatly, and we as the merchants will benefit just as much as the buyers

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:05:32 PM

I hope the team have a good marketing strategy, since thats the door to the mass market. When I Take a Look into the AppStore its impossible how much apps there are. 

The name Datum is already well known in the ICO world. All the ICO hunters have heard about it,s o they are already doing something very well with marketing
zhou2

Activity: 240

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:28:11 PM

Interesting! ICO next week!

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:33:16 PM

The name Datum is already well known in the ICO world. All the ICO hunters have heard about it,s o they are already doing something very well with marketing

I am pretty sure they know what to do to get good publicity. They already raised a good amount of money in their sold-out pre-sale, that should attract more prospective buyers for the main-ICO.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:34:24 PM

interesting project. i will be able to store all personnel data like wearable to blockchain. are we able to store private? how about video?

Storing video in a blockchain isn't a good idea. The blocks would become way to big. It's better to use encrypt your video on something like IPFS and store the location and encryption keys to the video in the blockchain. (just my 2 cents)
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:41:56 PM

Im also cant understand which kind of data... But in their whitepaper write: you can share your sata in sicial network (like facebook)  Roll Eyes
May be someone can explaine in detail, please?
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:51:08 PM

I am pretty sure they know what to do to get good publicity. They already raised a good amount of money in their sold-out pre-sale, that should attract more prospective buyers for the main-ICO.

I dont mean advertising in the crypto world.  That is, why I spoke about "the masses". If you want a successful app you need more users than from this forum (; ... To reach potencial users outside our little universe, you advertising has to be aggressive and omnipresent.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:54:02 PM

I dont mean advertising in the crypto world.  That is, why I spoke about "the masses". If you want a successful app you need more users than from this forum (; ... To reach potencial users outside our little universe, you advertising has to be aggressive and omnipresent.

Actually, i believe the hard part is getting good publicity to raise enough funds.

Think about it, what is hard to do for you?

- invest in a company

- Use an app.

So if they can make people to invest themself, they would probably make more people to use their app Wink

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:04:59 PM

I dont mean advertising in the crypto world.  That is, why I spoke about "the masses". If you want a successful app you need more users than from this forum (; ... To reach potencial users outside our little universe, you advertising has to be aggressive and omnipresent.
For sure the best is if you get coverage from big media outlets. But google advertisements also help to gain some attention.

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:15:21 PM

Actually, i believe the hard part is getting good publicity to raise enough funds.

Think about it, what is hard to do for you?

- invest in a company

- Use an app.

So if they can make people to invest themself, they would probably make more people to use their app Wink
reach all kind of users/investors not only the crypto based is a hard work and needs a powerful global advertising campaign...
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:17:19 PM

For sure the best is if you get coverage from big media outlets. But google advertisements also help to gain some attention.
Google add words can be pretty handy. Facebook has great advertising system, but the best advertising is always community
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:28:49 PM

interesting project. i will be able to store all personnel data like wearable to blockchain. are we able to store private? how about video?

Storing video in a blockchain isn't a good idea. The blocks would become way to big. It's better to use encrypt your video on something like IPFS and store the location and encryption keys to the video in the blockchain. (just my 2 cents)

that's exactly right, the blockchain isn't meant for data storage in that way

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: