Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:27:20 PM

Yes you can. I believe the datum token can become a billion dollar project with each coin being worth around 1$,
as the personal data world is growing rapidly and this platform could return all the power back to us as creators.

ok that sound cool but can you elaborate for a noob ?
Thru this platform, you are the one who will get gains from your personal data and not the big companies like google or facebook who got million of dollars from your personal data.
I agree, now everything will be much honest. as it should be. Google and so much on this earned!
Datum opens interaction without an intermediary - and it's very cool!

correction, Datum IS the intermediary between you and the companies that want your data.
Yes, but the commission is minimal. if to compare with Google - it takes away almost everything. this platform will be very useful, I think so.
Google is almost monopolist so they can have outrageous fees and commissions but this will change when Datum platform will be finished  Grin

How much difference in commission are we talking about here? I didnt find specific number for fee for Datum, its just says its gonna be minimal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:28:05 PM

I'm having trouble understanding the point of this startup? How does datum supposed to put the data back into my hands?  Huh Is there some sort of cookie that follows me while on Facebook, or something? Can someone with a better grasp, give me a quick debriefing on what's going on here?

dude just plain simple answer: you are in charge to put your information on the plattform an brokerage your data with your terms and conditions to big companies aka the data buyers. they will pay you with DAT tokens and thats all Smiley you can sell your information how you like.
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:31:58 PM

I'm wondering why companies would go through the project platform instead of the conventional way, what is the benefits for them ?

Good question that has been asked before but not did not get a satisfying answer.

Even if one could say the buyers would be able to get a lower price from Datum's marketplace compared to Google, what is the point of buying the personal data of their prospective customers if those prospective customers are already on the same marketplace? Companies would then have to compete on the Datum marketplace to get their prospective customers' attention. And so advertisements on the Datum marketplace are born. Tongue
Ok now I understand it I hope companies will use this but what you said means that there will be no way to protect your data.

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:42:17 PM

Yes you can. I believe the datum token can become a billion dollar project with each coin being worth around 1$,
as the personal data world is growing rapidly and this platform could return all the power back to us as creators.

ok that sound cool but can you elaborate for a noob ?
Thru this platform, you are the one who will get gains from your personal data and not the big companies like google or facebook who got million of dollars from your personal data.
I agree, now everything will be much honest. as it should be. Google and so much on this earned!
Datum opens interaction without an intermediary - and it's very cool!

correction, Datum IS the intermediary between you and the companies that want your data.
Yes, but the commission is minimal. if to compare with Google - it takes away almost everything. this platform will be very useful, I think so.
Google is almost monopolist so they can have outrageous fees and commissions but this will change when Datum platform will be finished  Grin
i realy hope so that the monopoly of google can end(maybe) with the emergence of platforms like Datum...
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:51:18 PM

Yes datum Will benefit from the huge data market, just take a look at google and other compagny who made huge benefit with our data. Datum will offer to users more control on the pricing of their data, and a view of the data economy.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:05:58 PM

So anyone with a free storage space will able to be a miner and collect dat tokens? Will it also become useless after few big miners join or will there be some limitations to give small fish a chance. 

I am also wondering how the data storage with the storage nodes will work. Will the system for that be similar to Siacoin?
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:08:12 PM

So anyone with a free storage space will able to be a miner and collect dat tokens? Will it also become useless after few big miners join or will there be some limitations to give small fish a chance. 

I am also wondering how the data storage with the storage nodes will work. Will the system for that be similar to Siacoin?

I said this earlier in a previous reply to this thread.
There should be a dev on this thread to answer all the question from the community. This will benefit the project.

Really hope some questions will soon be answered.
Really like this project. Hope someone can explain how this will work.
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 08:20:15 PM

I'm having trouble understanding the point of this startup? How does datum supposed to put the data back into my hands?  Huh Is there some sort of cookie that follows me while on Facebook, or something? Can someone with a better grasp, give me a quick debriefing on what's going on here?

dude just plain simple answer: you are in charge to put your information on the plattform an brokerage your data with your terms and conditions to big companies aka the data buyers. they will pay you with DAT tokens and thats all Smiley you can sell your information how you like.

Yep, in theory it's a cheaper and legal way for companies to buy data that they can use for marketing.

Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:39:57 PM

I'm wondering why companies would go through the project platform instead of the conventional way, what is the benefits for them ?

Good question that has been asked before but not did not get a satisfying answer.

Even if one could say the buyers would be able to get a lower price from Datum's marketplace compared to Google, what is the point of buying the personal data of their prospective customers if those prospective customers are already on the same marketplace? Companies would then have to compete on the Datum marketplace to get their prospective customers' attention. And so advertisements on the Datum marketplace are born. Tongue
Ok now I understand it I hope companies will use this but what you said means that there will be no way to protect your data.

For me it's the most important question, it will decide weither the project is viable or not.
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:41:54 PM

Yep, in theory it's a cheaper and legal way for companies to buy data that they can use for marketing.
Outsourcing is generally cheaper and more effective, especially in IT industry  Smiley
dragonchopper9

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:53:00 PM

I can assume that the project will accurately receive funding in the region of 5-10 million dollars, but success and need for technology time will show.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:04:11 PM

For me it's the most important question, it will decide weither the project is viable or not.

Q Big question is that your data, my data and all citizens of the world, users of card banners, bank accounts, insurance, private pension or public, have their data already exposed and marketed for decades, Companies that make Loans may know if you have income and availability, credit companies sell customer databases with clean names or restrictions, and that has no control until then. The Datum concept shows that it is possible to have greater control over your data, and in the future to be able to claim them, I believe that the perfection of this platform will be able to identify any violation of your rights and has everything to become something used throughout world. Investing in Datum is really wise and striving for the decentralization of this data.
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:11:18 PM

I can assume that the project will accurately receive funding in the region of 5-10 million dollars, but success and need for technology time will show.

what do you mean by that? if a technology like datum is needed at all?
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:45:30 PM

i think they will receive much more than 10million dollars. this project is very good and you can do what you want with your own data, sell it or not Smiley
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:30:50 PM

i think they will receive much more than 10million dollars. this project is very good and you can do what you want with your own data, sell it or not Smiley
Still need so much hype for that, maybe some big moves in their marketing like partnership, big news, etc.
ParRus

Merit: 104

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:05:41 PM

Still need so much hype for that, maybe some big moves in their marketing like partnership, big news, etc.
I agree, 10 million is not the limit for this project! its usefulness is obvious - the date segment needs to be improved,
 this value has everyone - but at the moment it can't be sold or bought
rpgmasters

Activity: 702
Merit: 105

t.me/CryptoPortfel > JOIN

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:27:37 PM

In order to give everyone a chance to be part of the Datum Token Sale we are distributing free DAT tokens
Earn up to 500 DAT Tokens for sign up here

hey, where i can check balance for my referals? im invited a lot of people to ur project, how i can check my DAT tokens? tnx

https://t.me/privatepools -> инвecтиpyeм в тoпoвыe кpиптo-пpoeкты.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:18:00 AM

Its looks nice idea... But this still only idea now. I want to see beta version at last.  Huh
toolucky98

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:22:40 AM

I missed the pre-sale, what a pity. They have huge bonus, cool thing.

Which bomus was on pre-sale? Also, no bonus on main ICO?  Huh
Token sale will be in October 29?
Token Sale / ICO will start on October 17th (Look at this thread's title)

does anyone know where the supposed alpha release went? There was supposed to be a demo release in august
Yeah, still waiting for that too, i really want to see the demo.

hm.. Im a little confused.

On their site: Datum Token Sale 29th October 2017 to 29th November 2017

and here on the 1st page:
The DAT Token Sale will start on October 17 2017 14:00 GMT.
It will end on November 17 2017 14:00 GMT.

So, when?  Huh

Yes, there is some confliction in this issue.

I believe their website is more accurate and 29th october is the start date.

Probably just postponed it a little and forget to update the ann.

Its seems that someone forgot update date.. On the site or here...
May be some member of team can confirm exact date of ICO?
So, what is the exact date of the token sale now? I am confused. And I think I am not the only one out there.

On their Telegram dev said ICO starts on 17th October and ends on 17th November so the information in this topic is correct and on their website is written wrong.
But i redownloaded the whitepaper and it changed to October 29th while the old one was October 17th.
But thanks for this clarification  Smiley
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:02:55 AM

I recently found out my Android phone saves almost all my behaviors. I can see which app i opened on what time. How long that app was used etc. Basically tracking all my behavior on my phone. Then op top of that if you
say "ok google" at any time, google page opens. Which means that the microphone is open AT ALL TIMES!! What is being recorded while we just speak I dont know....

We need our data to be protected, please hurry up DATUM!

Well, always good to believe its only your phone that works that way, but it's not  Smiley

Ye its crazy, taping of my webcams and mics on devices. If google ever gets hacked, the whole world is screwed.  pretty scary to think about. It could be a good movie or black mirror episode. Good thing Datum is trying to solve this issue!

i dont even want to think about a scenario like that - datum is a good thing

Datum is not about protecting your data but selling it. You don't OWN or protect the data, you are just selling the same data that social medias do.

That's the point. I have the feeling a lot of people think that through datum they get the control back over their data. But they don't. People will only be able to sell the date, which already exist anyways on facebook, google, twitter, or whatever media and device they are using. I like the idea to monetise your data by yourself, but to be honest, I wonder how much people will get in the end because Facebook, google whoever will not stop selling your date then.

But in the end, it will be a nice additional income if datum can bring in some companies searching for specific data.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: