Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:58:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:37:06 AM

Honestly, all this reminding about surveillance and all the data being sold and analyzed is making me feel very paranoid and uncomfortable.

I'd say welcome in the 21st century. It's all about Data. Just look at the tech giants these days. Facebook, Twitter, Uber, they all have no intrinsic value except for the data of their users. You could even say that it's the biggest bubble ever Smiley
However Datum will give us the opportunity to take back the earnings of our data. That's actually very exciting.

sounds good but coming from a deeponion supporter.. I need to think again..
webwakko

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:37:49 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 07:56:31 AM by webwakko

ok, you guys got my attention, but some questions :

- if I got it right, all personal data will be stored within the application? Is this some kind of centralized storage for ALL personal data? identity info, medical file, bankaccounts, social data, ... ?

I have always been PRO when it comes to minify the several databases and gather all info in one place.. or better on database in this case supported by the blockchain for security & privacy.
but, what about privacy? Do we have to keep trusting blockchain as the place where all info is safe & sound for hackers?
Can one loose his "identity" in case privat keys get lost or applications get hacked?

This project is promising in a way, but I'd have to dive deeper into it to fully understand the idea & concept behind it I guess..
I'll start by subscribing to it to keep following it up.

Anyhow.. good luck and roadmap is looking good !

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
theovalich

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Entrepreneur and Tech Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:52:35 AM

Honestly, all this reminding about surveillance and all the data being sold and analyzed is making me feel very paranoid and uncomfortable.

I'd say welcome in the 21st century. It's all about Data. Just look at the tech giants these days. Facebook, Twitter, Uber, they all have no intrinsic value except for the data of their users. You could even say that it's the biggest bubble ever Smiley
However Datum will give us the opportunity to take back the earnings of our data. That's actually very exciting.

sounds good but coming from a deeponion supporter.. I need to think again..

All I can say is your privacy is gone (this is my personal opinion). You don't own the digital version of yourself and that one has much better memory than you.

Thus, if an individual thinks - I cannot do anything - it is the single most dangerous worm of doubt a person can have. Everyone can succeed or fail. If you want to be the brand like Facebook and earn off the fact that Facebook and others earn off you - go ahead and become a brand. A "kid" I met long time ago started YouTube channel some 2.5 years ago - doing 25min videos of him driving cars in computer games around. Quarter of a million followers later... he makes money and pays for his college. Girls and makeup also.

So why we would not profit from the data gathered on us anyways? Yes, Datum might make you uncomfortable once we show you just how much data is being taken away and distributed without any user control. Then again, I remember when the first discussions over Zip2 (later PayPal) started and people were discussing in forums - who would ever send money to an email address?

We all know the answer to that question, and now who knows how Datum will evolve, but if you want to become PayPal of Data (you as the user, not us) - we're just a platform that is working on making that possible. You are in the driving seat, not us.

theovalich

Activity: 63

Entrepreneur and Tech Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 08:01:19 AM

I understand that it goes far beyond the desires to buy and tendencies of our day-to-day, many Companies use Personal data, in fact, as a telephone provided to third parties, information of Retirement and Salaried employees to offer Cards, loans and similar. In Brazil, for example, Companies illegally sell packages of databases among themselves. This profit could be ours

Well it's going to be all about pricing. This data of us will still be sold by the companies that gather them (eg facebook, etc..) so if we can sell this data via Datum for a cheaper price but we get the morey instead of the big players we will win a little bit.

Why is the data gathered by Google, Facebook, et al. worth money? Could that data not have been falsified? But still buyers trust them. I think trust is what Datum needs too for the data in the database to have a value.

Google and Facebook can be trusted because the data is gathered on their platform. How is the data gathered on Datum? Is it as trustworthy?

the data is trusted I think because Facebook did a lot in their power to force people use their real identity. In the last 10 years it has become 'normal' to give away personal information, encouraged by these companies. It is an interesting question how Datum will handle the same issues.

Facebook is the new evil company that people dont realize yet. 20 years ago everyone thought MacDonalds was great. Now we know its unhealthy for you and they are bad for envoirment etc. Facebook now everyone thinks is great. In 20 years we realize that all the data they collected and secretly sold, or the behavior analyses they did on your personality to market you as best they can are EVIL.

I'll be a devil's advocate here and state that a number you get assigned at birth is 'evil', as you do not own it. Yet, that number is what gives job to countless employees in public and private services, and also protects you - as you cannot be copied (in theory).

Datum collects data which you allow us to collect. Thus, we're not a BS Facebook quiz which posts on your wall and also collects your email, public profile (all your posts on timeline), all your friend's list, all of their data... and the list goes on. These data siloses are the real "bad guys" of the world, not Facebook as a platform enabler.

The key idea behind Datum, and we spoke about it numerous times is that... Facebook and Google aren't evil for getting your data - you after all, don't pay for their service. The main premise of Datum is that we believe (as born Europeans - Gebhard, Roger and VC are Swiss, I'm Croatian by birth)  - is that every human has value, but so far there hasn't been a platform where you could easily monetize your data. eBay created the concept of "Consumer to Consumer" becomes "Consumer is a Business that sales to other Consumers and Businesses"). Did bad things happened on eBay - of course. I admit I got scammed for selling an HTC One phone to a scammer in 2009, I think (cannot remember, but eBay will remember).

I don't know is JonnyTracker the new "JonnyeBay", is Niklasmato new "Facebook" or new "David Beckham" (if you're a runner that wants to share data). All we can do is launch a platform that enables you all to trade or not to trade. That is solely your decision. And that might be the biggest power of them all. The power of choice.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:22:58 AM

Don't know if it has been asked before but can anyone tell me what benefits do I get exactly as an token holder that would convince me to participate in the ICO? I know I could buy your Data from you and yes, it sounds tempting but what else can I do with my tokens?
cxrealdcx

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:23:49 AM

I registrated and saw the confirmation in my spam, but where can i see the finished airdops?
It´s not that clear i think, but beside that i think the concept will make his way.
It happens 1000 of times, nearly everywhere and here we can make some money, good!
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:28:03 AM

I registrated and saw the confirmation in my spam, but where can i see the finished airdops?
It´s not that clear i think, but beside that i think the concept will make his way.
It happens 1000 of times, nearly everywhere and here we can make some money, good!

you can find airdrops in the altcoin section in the subsection announcements. but now we have get back on track Wink
webwakko

Activity: 350

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 08:31:04 AM

Small remark:
The slack invitation link is no longer valid, so subscribing to the slack group is thus impossible Wink
Can someone from the DEV team have a look at that and let us know when this link will be valid again, or provide a new invitation-link?

Tnx Smiley

note: already spread the word on twitter and google+

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:39:26 AM

Provide compute power and storage capacity to store data in the de-centralized
network. Storage Nodes are part of the BigchainDB cluster that allows Datum to
provide global scale storage of submitted data

How much stogare space every user will have? Or it will be depend of quantities tokens?
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:17:58 AM

Well, I can understand you, but on the other side, your data is already out there in the world wide web. Facebook, google, whatever company already has so many different data from you, it's insane. I remember the times, when people wanted to become their data saved by Facebook (I think it was Facebook) and they got thousends of paper full of data.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:18:41 AM

I understand that it goes far beyond the desires to buy and tendencies of our day-to-day, many Companies use Personal data, in fact, as a telephone provided to third parties, information of Retirement and Salaried employees to offer Cards, loans and similar. In Brazil, for example, Companies illegally sell packages of databases among themselves. This profit could be ours

Well it's going to be all about pricing. This data of us will still be sold by the companies that gather them (eg facebook, etc..) so if we can sell this data via Datum for a cheaper price but we get the morey instead of the big players we will win a little bit.
But how will Facebook react they won't be happy if their revenue model is destroyed. Will you have to pay for facebook?

mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:24:18 AM

The project team announced the beginning of registration in the Whitelist:

Whitelist Registration Is Now Open

For a limited time, you can pre-register for the Datum Token Sale on datum.org.

sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:26:57 AM

Well, I can understand you, but on the other side, your data is already out there in the world wide web.. Facebook, google, whatever company already has so many different data from you, it's insane. I remember the times, when people wanted to become their data saved by Facebook (I think it was Facebook) and they got thousends of paper full of data.

That's what i mean, i know it's out there, this just reminded me of it. Tongue
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:36:24 AM

Provide compute power and storage capacity to store data in the de-centralized
network. Storage Nodes are part of the BigchainDB cluster that allows Datum to
provide global scale storage of submitted data

How much stogare space every user will have? Or it will be depend of quantities tokens?
that is a good question the storage space disponibile for users will be somehow connected to the number of token possessed?...
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:39:24 AM

Great they are using a Whitelist, so they know before the ICO how many people are interested in there project.
Some also ask for how much they are willing to invest, dont know if this is the case here for DATUM.

I wish DATUM all the best during the ICO end this month Smiley
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:41:49 AM

Great they are using a Whitelist, so they know before the ICO how many people are interested in there project.
Some also ask for how much they are willing to invest, dont know if this is the case here for DATUM.

Wi we know the number of investors in the whitelist ? Could be a good way to assess the potential of this ICO.
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:04:44 AM

Wi we know the number of investors in the whitelist ? Could be a good way to assess the potential of this ICO.
Several recent projects, the number of participants in which the whitelist was limited, increased in price by 5-10 times upon entering the exchange, so this is a good sign!

Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:11:50 AM

Well, I can understand you, but on the other side, your data is already out there in the world wide web. Facebook, google, whatever company already has so many different data from you, it's insane. I remember the times, when people wanted to become their data saved by Facebook (I think it was Facebook) and they got thousends of paper full of data.
To be honest we're permanently spied by big corporations so you shouldn't worry about it much if you have clear hands. By investing in Datum you will be able to benefit on this  Wink
viljy

Activity: 1764
Merit: 880

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:47:12 AM

Why is the data gathered by Google, Facebook, et al. worth money? Could that data not have been falsified? But still buyers trust them. I think trust is what Datum needs too for the data in the database to have a value.

Google and Facebook can be trusted because the data is gathered on their platform. How is the data gathered on Datum? Is it as trustworthy?

I think, basically the data will be true. In a large mass of data, a small percentage of false is possible. As for data from social networks, there are also many fake accounts and false data, but the bulk of the information is true, so it will be in DATUM as well. A small error is always permissible. This is for the special services that monitor specific people, 100% reliability of information is important, and for large arrays of personal data, it can be statistically stated that they are reliable. Well, maybe I'm wrong, but I do not see the point of deliberate falsification there.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:36:21 AM

To be honest we're permanently spied by big corporations so you shouldn't worry about it much if you have clear hands. By investing in Datum you will be able to benefit on this  Wink

This is what attracts me to this project. profit from the information that I already generate by being online. easy money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: