Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:44:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:16:00 PM

I understand that it goes far beyond the desires to buy and tendencies of our day-to-day, many Companies use Personal data, in fact, as a telephone provided to third parties, information of Retirement and Salaried employees to offer Cards, loans and similar. In Brazil, for example, Companies illegally sell packages of databases among themselves. This profit could be ours

Well it's going to be all about pricing. This data of us will still be sold by the companies that gather them (eg facebook, etc..) so if we can sell this data via Datum for a cheaper price but we get the morey instead of the big players we will win a little bit.

Why is the data gathered by Google, Facebook, et al. worth money? Could that data not have been falsified? But still buyers trust them. I think trust is what Datum needs too for the data in the database to have a value.

Google and Facebook can be trusted because the data is gathered on their platform. How is the data gathered on Datum? Is it as trustworthy?

I don't think datum will take your data by asking you.

Probably they wanted to apply some kind of a program and with it, it will monitor you through your web browser and maybe on mobile. It doesn't say how they will do it but if you will gain some money off it, it should be a direct thing like that. And with every activity, you made probably make a bump on your price. Price will be based on activity.

I agree. I think they will collect your data through their own app or whatever and will you give then the opportunity to give these data free for their storage. After this you can decide, if you want to sell it to specific companies, which are searching for this, as I understand.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:27:15 PM

Datum is a interesting concept and icobench rated this project at 4.5 https://icobench.com/ico/datum Smiley

4.5 is a nice rating. Happy to see datum project getting the credit they deserve.

And this kind of ratings always make good impact on investors Wink

The rating is good for a project, but not always it determines the success of one, some scam ICOs got there with good marking, but it ended up attracting investors to the scam, so i personally don't see the rating of an ICO a signal for a good project, only by comparing analysis and checking the team is what tells me a project is good.

Yes I saw on twitter Roger Ver calles bitconnect a scam, even though its listed very high on coinmarketcap. So yeah rating is good for reputation but always do your research before getting yourself into an ICO

the golden rule with crypto. always do research. there are way too many people trying to sway opinion one way or another online.

magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:45:59 PM

I seen image with app on phone in their whitepaper... So, they already have demo app or its just image?
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:00:27 PM

Datum is a interesting concept and icobench rated this project at 4.5 https://icobench.com/ico/datum Smiley

4.5 is a nice rating. Happy to see datum project getting the credit they deserve.

And this kind of ratings always make good impact on investors Wink

The rating is good for a project, but not always it determines the success of one, some scam ICOs got there with good marking, but it ended up attracting investors to the scam, so i personally don't see the rating of an ICO a signal for a good project, only by comparing analysis and checking the team is what tells me a project is good.

You are right, more often that rating just confuses you since it doesnt show the right value of the project. I think Datum got a lot of attention doing the giveaway for promotion of their project and it looks like it was worth it.

FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:05:28 PM

I seen image with app on phone in their whitepaper... So, they already have demo app or its just image?

I think its just an image.
There is no demo launched... we are all waiting for one Wink.

Really hope there will be a working demo before the ICO.
They still have some time Wink
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:13:35 PM

afaik there is no demo app yet, but i assume that it will be available to the public as a beta maybe in the near time?
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:58:55 PM

I understand that it goes far beyond the desires to buy and tendencies of our day-to-day, many Companies use Personal data, in fact, as a telephone provided to third parties, information of Retirement and Salaried employees to offer Cards, loans and similar. In Brazil, for example, Companies illegally sell packages of databases among themselves. This profit could be ours

Well it's going to be all about pricing. This data of us will still be sold by the companies that gather them (eg facebook, etc..) so if we can sell this data via Datum for a cheaper price but we get the morey instead of the big players we will win a little bit.

Why is the data gathered by Google, Facebook, et al. worth money? Could that data not have been falsified? But still buyers trust them. I think trust is what Datum needs too for the data in the database to have a value.

Google and Facebook can be trusted because the data is gathered on their platform. How is the data gathered on Datum? Is it as trustworthy?

Probably they wanted to apply some kind of a program and with it, it will monitor you through your web browser and maybe on mobile. It doesn't say how they will do it but if you will gain some money off it, it should be a direct thing like that. And with every activity, you made probably make a bump on your price. Price will be based on activity.

I agree. I think they will collect your data through their own app or whatever and will you give then the opportunity to give these data free for their storage. After this you can decide, if you want to sell it to specific companies, which are searching for this, as I understand.

I do not think, that you are able to choose the companies, with whom you Chateau your data. maybe im wrong but im pretty sure that the Datum team will make deals with some companies and everytime you sell your data, you will Share it with these companies
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:22:31 PM

I do not think, that you are able to choose the companies, with whom you Chateau your data. maybe im wrong but im pretty sure that the Datum team will make deals with some companies and everytime you sell your data, you will Share it with these companies

Well I hope our data will be used for the good in the future. I can imagine that our medical data is worth a lot of money to certain firms (like insurance, big Pharma, etc). Currently we don't know if Apple for ex is selling the HealthKit data (they claim to safeguard our privacy with that), but does Google keep our health data private? I don't think so, as Google only makes money with selling information, they do not actually have products of their own (like iPhone and so on) ..
I still think it's a plus if we can sell our data. Safeguarding is imho no longer possible.. These smartphones we are carrying are just small spyboxes Smiley
Thejesusofcrypto

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Professional Knife catcher

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:24:15 PM

Looks like a solid team.
Really like the idea.
I am in!

Investing like a champ!

Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:28:33 PM

In the whitepaper there is mention a marketplace. From that word I get the impression there is interaction from both sides. But you are saying that the marketplace is for data consumers to browse through and the users have no say in it?
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:31:09 PM

i think its just an image by now but i keep my eyes open and will post some screenshots as soonigot the demo in my hands
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:40:28 PM

i think its just an image by now but i keep my eyes open and will post some screenshots as soonigot the demo in my hands

They should have launched their alpha version on August 11, 2017 according to the roadmap.
Or maybe the alpha version they meant before wasnt about demo.
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:50:09 PM

In the whitepaper there is mention a marketplace. From that word I get the impression there is interaction from both sides. But you are saying that the marketplace is for data consumers to browse through and the users have no say in it?

Whitepaper says

Users have full control over whom to share data with and can fine tune their privacy
settings:
1. Share disabled
2. Share with specific, identified and known data consumers
3. Share with specific, identified and known data consumers for a minimum fee
4. Share with everyone
5. Share with everyone for a minimum fee

From that I understand that users can't choose particular companies, but just determine that companies which disclose themselves certain data get access to user data.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 05:56:50 PM

Whitepaper says

Users have full control over whom to share data with and can fine tune their privacy
settings:
1. Share disabled
2. Share with specific, identified and known data consumers
3. Share with specific, identified and known data consumers for a minimum fee
4. Share with everyone
5. Share with everyone for a minimum fee

From that I understand that users can't choose particular companies, but just determine that companies which disclose themselves certain data get access to user data.

its a good option, there are some option to share data.
so, your data is save if you only share with specified consumers, if you believe with consumer, its not problem.

i think, this program is relevant with shop with delivery order, if you need order some product but you wont anyone know what your order, its only shown for you and the customer if you share it with specified consumer options

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:04:35 PM

I would like to know if Datum already has partners who are willing to purchase the data (personal information) that is being collected?
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:10:03 PM

It's an interesting concept but I'm not sure how will it perform against laws - seems to affect data protection in a way governments have not foreseen.

Well, there is no problem in selling personal datas if the user accepts it. The problem if the treatment or the personnal datas and the way they are recolted.
Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:10:28 PM

4. Share with everyone

That seems like a really bad option Cheesy No minimum fee so anyone get your personal data for free and resell it. Maybe useful if you want to make an anti-consumerist statement or something.
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:17:06 PM

4. Share with everyone

That seems like a really bad option Cheesy No minimum fee so anyone get your personal data for free and resell it. Maybe useful if you want to make an anti-consumerist statement or something.

That's actually what some careless people have been doing the whole time   Grin

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:49:45 PM

Well I hope our data will be used for the good in the future. I can imagine that our medical data is worth a lot of money to certain firms (like insurance, big Pharma, etc). Currently we don't know if Apple for ex is selling the HealthKit data (they claim to safeguard our privacy with that), but does Google keep our health data private? I don't think so, as Google only makes money with selling information, they do not actually have products of their own (like iPhone and so on) ..
I still think it's a plus if we can sell our data. Safeguarding is imho no longer possible.. These smartphones we are carrying are just small spyboxes Smiley

That's not entirely true google has Android (Google Play store) but I agree that they will get most of their money from selling data.

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:50:30 PM

I would like to know if Datum already has partners who are willing to purchase the data (personal information) that is being collected?
I didnt get any information about that so far, but i think they really need it to make sure that they already have some early users and maybe to attract other people (in this case , this is about marketing)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: