Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:18:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | NEO Smart Economy⚡Now a Top 10 Cryptocurrency⚡| Official Thread |Updated Aug10  (Read 241228 times)
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:53:57 AM

I wonder what caused such a stir?
It seems that people buying NEO did not finish reading their description.
Just see the item User-Controlled Identity Authentication

I hope you understand that there is no user verification on the ETH platform  Smiley

Just imagine that in bitcoin user verification was introduced to confirm the ownership of your account.
I think the market reaction to this event would be unambiguous  Wink

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
udj052

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:04:19 AM

The performance in the last two days was so strong that I wouldn't have lost the coin, so I got a big profit
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:22:20 AM

Just imagine that in bitcoin user verification was introduced to confirm the ownership of your account.

The word "may" is significant in your quoted paragraph ("users may apply..."). This is the paragraph immediately before the one you quoted--you may find it enlightening:

Users should be able to authenticate with their true identity when required by the parties involved in a trade or by the laws of the jurisdiction of the trade. Meanwhile, the range of publication of such identity information should be user-controlled. Any third party outside of the trade should not be able to acquire such information. Moreover, identity authentication should be made optional, rather than mandatory [emphasis mine]. When parties involved in a trade do not require autonyms from the counterparty, users should not bear the hassle.
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:34:28 AM

The word "may" is significant in your quoted paragraph ("users may apply..."). This is the paragraph immediately before the one you quoted--you may find it enlightening:

Users should be able to authenticate with their true identity when required by the parties involved in a trade or by the laws of the jurisdiction of the trade. Meanwhile, the range of publication of such identity information should be user-controlled. Any third party outside of the trade should not be able to acquire such information. Moreover, identity authentication should be made optional, rather than mandatory [emphasis mine]. When parties involved in a trade do not require autonyms from the counterparty, users should not bear the hassle.

In my opinion, for verification your possession of an account is enough ordinary digital signature (a signed message sent from your wallet).
It has long been implemented in bitcoin protocol and is used in many crypto currencies.
An attempt to identify the user (as the owner of a particular account) is not accidental.
In the future, this will facilitate the tracking of financial flows and allow supervisors to impose taxes and charges on the owners of such accounts.
A very dangerous step for this crypto currency..

EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:50:46 AM

In my opinion, for verification your possession of an account is enough ordinary digital signature (a signed message sent from your wallet).
It has long been implemented in bitcoin protocol and is used in many crypto currencies.
An attempt to identify the user (as the owner of a particular account) is not accidental.
In the future, this will facilitate the tracking of financial flows and allow supervisors to impose taxes and charges on the owners of such accounts.

Again, this is optional. If the user chooses to make a transaction that requires identification, that is their prerogative (and, indeed, not accidental as you say). The user is free to take the "dangerous step" if they wish; they are also free to avoid transactions that require ID if they wish. Giving users a choice is not itself a "dangerous step". On the other hand, building a platform that allows for a diverse range of transaction types, from anonymous to authenticated, seems like rather a safe choice in terms of utility and real-world application. At the moment, the market appears to agree.
Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:11:07 AM

The performance in the last two days was so strong that I wouldn't have lost the coin, so I got a big profit

Whatever you say, 1 billion cap is too much to me for a project not completed yet. If we consider dev's 50 millions, the cap will be 2 billions which is more than NEM's cap. And NEM is a completed project and most people think it is still overpriced although it's price dropped much from its highs.
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:18:40 AM

At the moment, the market appears to agree.

Of course, the market is always interested in the growth and influx of new investors  Smiley
Analysis and reflection begin when the price goes down.

bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:50:58 AM

im confused ..

just transfered some Neo( from the old antshares wallet) to bittrex to sell some. When you do that you have to click on antshares on the asset tab and your balance is filled in automaticly. So the first time it gave the correct balance but when I tried to send another time and did the same steps my balance is way less?? The balance in the main screen is correct but when I try to tranfer any coin it gives a wrong balance Huh

With my other wallet account I also send some to bittrex and wanted to check if my blance there was also wrong  when trying to send new funds but I cound't click antshares in the asset tab anymore, its just blanc Huh
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:17:34 AM

im confused ..

just transfered some Neo( from the old antshares wallet) to bittrex to sell some. When you do that you have to click on antshares on the asset tab and your balance is filled in automaticly. So the first time it gave the correct balance but when I tried to send another time and did the same steps my balance is way less?? The balance in the main screen is correct but when I try to tranfer any coin it gives a wrong balance Huh

With my other wallet account I also send some to bittrex and wanted to check if my blance there was also wrong  when trying to send new funds but I cound't click antshares in the asset tab anymore, its just blanc Huh

On Bittrex ANS is gone, it's now renamed NEO.
In your bittrex wallet select the search option and type in NEO, your coin should now show up (don't have ANS/NEO on bittrex anymore so I can't check if this will work).
bamsterdam

Activity: 453

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:29:22 AM

didnt have anything to do with bittrex my desktop wallet just spaced out when i restarted everything was back to normal. was flipping out to fast I think .. for a second I thought omg what if I am hacked but that is hardly possible since I keep it in coldstorrage 99.99% of the time
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:37:29 AM

Question:

(1) Can I send just the GAS accrued in my desktop wallet to Binance so I can sell it for more NEO.
(2) Must the GAS be in whole numbers like NEO, e.g. If I sent 1.2 GAS will only 1 arrive at Binance.

Thanks.
jkirby19

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:50:09 AM

Here is what i think is going to happen.

NEO has been in development since 2014 same as ETH, it launched a year later after ETH.
In its core, it is a complete project. It has many many things(as commandant Lasard would say) to improve and implement, but it is all rounded and complete unlike most project that are jet to be finished.

It will have dips and rises but not a critical dips, 10-20%, 30% most. Chinese are starting to see and notice NEO and will buy it more than ETH.

On the other hand for the ICO if the NEO will rise more than ETH percentage wise, more ICO will be on NEO and the price will increase and it would be closed circle.

Not far from now most of the exchanges will introduce NEO, maybe even Coinbase.

As for wallet in white paper it is stated in ecosystem that a hardware wallet is planned for future, now i dont think it would be any of the hardware wallets we now but one from some local manufacturer.

NEO team has to increase and it will for sure.

This could be  the first coin in history that increase relatively steadily with minor dips which represent opportunity to buy more.

As for the price i dont know but i see NEO in 5th or 4th plane in market cap before this year ends.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:12:32 AM

While I agree that it would be bad if all crypto went in this direction, in China it may be required, so I think this is a strong plus for NEO.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:17:23 AM

Question:

(1) Can I send just the GAS accrued in my desktop wallet to Binance so I can sell it for more NEO.
(2) Must the GAS be in whole numbers like NEO, e.g. If I sent 1.2 GAS will only 1 arrive at Binance.

Thanks.

1) Yes
2) GAS is divisible unlike NEO, so no need to just send whole number amounts as I understand it (disclaimer I have not tried sending GAS myself however)
mickp

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:36:15 AM

Gas (anc before) is also trading now: https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/antcoin/#markets

You can buy on 19800.com great potention because new market are adding this coin Smiley
Volumes getting higher now  Grin
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 12:11:28 PM

I love NEO, but the wallet is a shit ..

It looks like a 90s software.

You just changed the logo ....

When I see ARK, I'm sorry but there is a world of difference!

Please make an effort on that!

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
PowerHemp
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

Ganja <3

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:13:33 PM

wait for this..

We are finalizing our rebranding process. Look forward to August 8th, when we'll unveil our brand new website↓ and release a wallet update!
GGALINff

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:29:43 PM

wait for this..

We are finalizing our rebranding process. Look forward to August 8th, when we'll unveil our brand new website↓ and release a wallet update!

what are the new features of the wallet?  would love ledger or trezor support  2fa?
Cryptotrader1

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:45:57 PM

Neo needs to find a way to be compatible with Trezor and Ledger, that would make a world of difference for everyone! Hopefully the dev team realizes this Huh Either way, this is a great coin with a 3 digit price tag coming its way.
Katana24

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:21:58 PM

everything is perfect with NEO, but they need to do something with that wallet. it's terrible and complicated to use, so i decided not to use it. All my NEO coins are still on my bittrex account until they release a better and more user friendly wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: