Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | NEO Smart Economy⚡Now a Top 10 Cryptocurrency⚡| Official Thread |Updated Aug10  (Read 241226 times)
Ashara

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:22:49 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 09:14:06 PM by Ashara

Hey, I have a problem with my NEO wallet. I can't claim my GAS, it is saying it is unavailable.. Can somebody help me with this?

You need to send your NEO from your own address to your own address before you can claim your GAS via a desktop wallet. Alternatively you can use the NEON wallet which has a button to claim GAS, but you need to login with your private key in order to use that wallet and thus carries a greater security risk, but it is a light wallet and thus very fast.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:23:04 PM

Hey, I have a problem with my NEO wallet. I can't claim my GAS, it is saying it is unavailable.. Can somebody help me with this?

Or maybe get your answer here because surely you are not alone in this, although not even a problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/
memberx

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:23:54 PM

You need to send your NEO from your own address to your own address before you can claim your GAS. Alternatively you can use the NEON wallet which has a button to claim GAS, but you need to login with your private key in order to use that wallet and thus carries a greater security risk, but it is a light wallet and thus very fast.

Oh I thought he is talking about the NEON Wallet, that's what I'm using and claiming Gas there.

Alternatively you can hold at Binance exchange, they credit Gas monthly afaik

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:51:34 PM

What is the difference between NEO and other clones of ETH? why have you reserved 50% of NEO tokens for yourself and are they generating GAS? when I tried to find something about how to obtain some NEO all I could find was the links to some exchanges asking me to buy, why would you call it a cryptocurrency while you are the only one with access to the whole supply? that's the definition of centralization.
MairaObergh

Activity: 270
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:02:57 PM

What is the difference between NEO and other clones of ETH? why have you reserved 50% of NEO tokens for yourself and are they generating GAS? when I tried to find something about how to obtain some NEO all I could find was the links to some exchanges asking me to buy, why would you call it a cryptocurrency while you are the only one with access to the whole supply? that's the definition of centralization.

From what I remember during the ICO, there seemed to be a Microsoft connection. Perhaps something to do with that.
Thedrop82

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:26:05 PM

For all the assholes claiming there's only two developers

You probably know me, I'm the "founder" of CoZ. An independent, international group of open source developers working on NEO blockchain. And I'm writing this with the freedom that gives me.
This days we are handling the dozens of devs joining us. Yes, dozens.
NEO is a open source community driven project. It is also a new approach in blockchain development - it was bootstrapped by some very skilled devs (in AntShares, now NEO core). But it is and will be much bigger.
Currently there is two major fronts, /u/neo_council is growing the Chinese speaking community. And CoZ is growing the online international one. There will be more, we are just the first.
IF you cant see people or development on GitHub that doesn't mean anything, most members choose to be private - to avoid the public attention (scammers and spam). You see only what the system put on front of you, but the rabbit hole is much deeper. To ilustrate this, I have setup my participation on it to public (so this can be verified by the crazy dudes that appear in reddit).
Here is how many devs are in NEO org: https://imgur.com/a/CSyBK
Here is how many devs are in CoZ org: https://imgur.com/a/BYJf9
Here is NEO core growing the Chinese community: https://imgur.com/a/GfJPO
When accepting PRs into CoZ and NEO they are squash merged, this means that the 10s of commits someone does in a PRs branch become only 1! http://imgur.com/a/fUTCk There are many reasons for this.
Important development happens also in private due to the sensitivity of it. In CoZ most of us are holders, so we want and will do what we can to protect our investment, our tools to do so is are our technical skills.
Now stop this nonsense, back to code!
Give it time, all will come to light in near future. Yes this is a teaser If you have not been able to understand.
And if you want: JOIN US IN SLACK, you are invited!
FCC

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/6uwoig/stop_the_2_dev_talk_there_is_no_spoon_i_will_show/
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:14:54 PM

You need to send your NEO from your own address to your own address before you can claim your GAS via a desktop wallet. Alternatively you can use the NEON wallet which has a button to claim GAS, but you need to login with your private key in order to use that wallet and thus carries a greater security risk, but it is a light wallet and thus very fast.

Something to add to the Neon wallet, but when you close/log off the app.. it still running in background.. not sure why/secure?

Icon

Ashara

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:35:46 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 09:53:11 PM by Ashara

NEO is not a clone of Ethereum, but the improved version of Ethereum just like Ethereum was the improved version of Bitcoin.

NEO has:

1) Support for multiple programming languages unlike Ethereum which only supports Solidity.
2) It uses the decentralised Byzantine Fault Tolerance consensus system (dBFT) as opposed to Proof of Work or Proof of Stake. As a result of that, NEO can already handle 1000 transactions per second and with optimisation 10,000 transactions per second. At the moment Bitcoin and Ethereum have respectively 7 and 15 transactions per second.
3) NEO has the infrastructure for a digital identity in the system. This makes it optimal for business and legal nation supported activity.
4) NEO cannot fork due to the dBFT and therefore cannot cause a crisis in confidence like Bitcoin and Ethereum can.
5) It would cost about as much energy around 2020 to run Bitcoin as the entire nation of Denmark uses. In contrast NEO is one of the most energy efficient solutions around. This also means that whatever fees other networks can charge, NEO can ALWAYS undercut them.
6) NEO will be quantum resistant. This is far more important than most realise as Western powers who are losing power due to blockchain technology and the BRICS alliance seek to undermine the competition to central banking. Expect the Langley supercomputers to steal all funds in the accounts of the low quality cryptocurrencies in the near future.
7) NEO focuses not on being a 'cryptocurrency' as so many others do, but more as a platform on which a smart economy can run. Everything NEO does is optimised for exactly that.
8 ) NEO is the first blockchain created in China. Various Western companies have attempted to penetrate the Chinese markets and they failed time after time. China is also already the greatest industrial power of this time and the full extent of that industrial power is not yet visible as the USD as world reserve currency has not been fully dethroned, but it will happen in the next few years. NEO will thus almost certainly find the greatest acceptance among the greatest industrial power of the world.
9) Various countries across the world are already developing national currencies to be put on blockchain including Russia and China. Whether you know it or not, Russia and China will be backing their blockchain based currencies with gold for maximum trust. All cryptocurrencies which do not have something to offer besides the assumption that they are 'money' will take a massive hit as they cannot properly compete when the world goes to asset backed currency to fill the vacuum that the USD as world reserve currency left. NEO has significant added value as its primary function is not to pretend to be a form of real money, but instead a key platform for the smart economy.
10) As NEO does not market itself as a currency, it can never be negatively affected by countries who seek to crack down on cryptocurrencies (as Australia for example recently is attempting to do). NEO's digital identity infrastructure can make it comply perfectly with the regulations of countries. As a matter of fact, it would appear that NEO has a template ready near the end of September or beginning of October which allows ICOs to be launched and be in compliance with the laws of practically all nations on the Earth (including the new SEC regulations).

NEO is a community project. It is not owned by anyone. The 50 million shares are not owned by the founders. The remaining 50 million NEO will be distributed as follows:

10 million tokens (10% total) will be used to motivate NEO developers and members of the NEO Council
    10 million tokens (10% total) will be used to motivate developers in the NEO ecosystem
    15 million tokens (15% total) will be used to cross-invest in other block-chain projects, which are owned by the NEO Council and are used only for NEO projects
    15 million (15% total) will be retained as contingency
    The annual use of NEO in principle shall not exceed 15 million tokens

Da Hongfei has already stated that he expected the annual use of NEO to fall below the 15 million NEO tokens as the rise in price has greatly enhanced the NEO budgets.

Also note that this use of the 50 million NEO tokens can rightfully be called point 11 in favour of NEO. Ethereum in its first years had massive inflation and that inflation only went to its miners without giving much back of value. NEO on the other hand uses the inflation that it has to build the NEO blockchain further. The benefits of this should exceed the costs.

So what is the catch? NEO only has 3 potential downsides at the moment and I expect each and everyone of them to be fully resolved in the very best way possible:

1) NEO is not yet as decentralised as it ultimately will be. The founders acknowledge this and this will be resolved as more and more of the full potential of the NEO blockchain gets deployed.
2) There would be ways to affect the voting for nodes in a way advantageous to NEO cartels, but NEO supporters have been in talks with Eric Zhang to further perfect and decentralise this process. A solution thus seems to have been found already to this.
3) NEO still has to build various facets of its development plan. (Then again, so do practically all other blockchains)

What is not often known is that NEO was developed at the most elite universities of China. NEO does have some China's very best and brightest behind it.
Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:42:17 PM

how often do NEO addresses generate gas and how much Gas will be sent per one Neo?
i haven't really thoughf of getting  some Gas just as i haven't collected any byteballs with the btcs i got. but since gas is worth $32, i now might.

NEO constantly generates GAS when held in one's personal wallet. To calculate how much you will get, you can best use the following website: https://neotogas.com/ Binance as an exchange hands out GAS once a month which is the alternative to holding it in your personal wallet to generate GAS.

This was good information. I didnt know I could keep my neo at binance to generate gas. Thanks for this Smiley
Ashara

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:51:04 PM

how often do NEO addresses generate gas and how much Gas will be sent per one Neo?
i haven't really thoughf of getting  some Gas just as i haven't collected any byteballs with the btcs i got. but since gas is worth $32, i now might.

NEO constantly generates GAS when held in one's personal wallet. To calculate how much you will get, you can best use the following website: https://neotogas.com/ Binance as an exchange hands out GAS once a month which is the alternative to holding it in your personal wallet to generate GAS.

This was good information. I didnt know I could keep my neo at binance to generate gas. Thanks for this Smiley

Keep in mind that Binance hands out GAS only once a month. It does not matter if you hold long term, but for daytraders it might matter more. Binance also seeks to keep the NEO and GAS withdrawing fees at 0%.
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:46:07 PM

now that red pulse ico is approaching and more are to follow, anyone know of a page keeping track of upcoming neo ico's, would be quite helpful moving forward if there was somewhere to go to see upcoming project ico's on the platform thanks.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:57:05 PM

How do you get gas from NEO?  Do you have to stake the NEO or does it just pop up in your wallet?
ArkMage

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:23:32 PM

NEO is so cool name, it looks like it's very good rebranding. The good name adds value and makes marketing easier!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:28:34 PM

How do you get gas from NEO?  Do you have to stake the NEO or does it just pop up in your wallet?

It's all explained in link below, the article talks about Antshares (what is now NEO) but the procedure is the same for the neo-gui wallet.
Part (9) is what you want.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Antshares/comments/6j8pcp/a_basic_guide_to_the_antshares_pc_wallet/?st=j4koihlc&sh=4d95b1d8
sunnydmd

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:37:17 AM

Can we mine this coin? Or this coin POS only?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:42:34 AM

Nope already premined all 1 billion of them 50 million in the wild 50 being held, but the POS gets you gas that you can sell on exchanges Smiley

Only way to get Neo coin is via exchanges..

Icon

revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:40:53 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/6uwoig/stop_the_2_dev_talk_there_is_no_spoon_i_will_show/
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:26:29 AM

Nope already premined all 1 billion of them 50 million in the wild 50 being held, but the POS gets you gas that you can sell on exchanges Smiley

Only way to get Neo coin is via exchanges..

Icon

Not 1 billion, 100 million total NEO.
accesovip

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:27:18 PM

Please, I have 2 questions:

1) How can I join slack channel? Link seems to be unavailable.

2) Where can I read more about red pulse and how it will affect NEO?

Thanks!
130ndim

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:30:05 PM

Where can I read some more information about it besides twitter?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: