Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:53:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movement DAO | Fully Decentralized Organization | Borderless Collaboration  (Read 262697 times)
evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 05:21:26 PM

It has been two weeks since the distribution was completed. Lats time I read was article on medium on 28th October after that I don't think there was any update about what is going on. Did I miss something or in this period there was not anything shared ? Development plans and roadmap should be public by now to see the directions and goals.

Buddy, the distribution happened 5 days 21 hrs ago. It's time for the Bounty program to open indeed and I am (we are) looking forward to it. Well, this is a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) without any central leader. It's our community that is getting together.
Other than that of course I am excited about new updates from Dropper too and am eagerly waiting for news to come. It definitely has become too quite in here.

What a joke. I had a feeling that this would happen. More than 70% of the participants are farmed accounts. What happened to the statement that those types of accounts would not be included in the distribution?

Dear developer, You just the majority of this coin to a few people. Why? Again same shit over and over .. no one can do this right.

Hey Smiley I believe this is not the case. Not only did The Movement DAO have a long audit phase in which they kicked out almost 200 accounts, they also had a double layer system through the activity determination. If someone had a farm account that made it through the audit, in order to get a significant amount of MVT they had to be very active and actual effort was required. If you just signed up in order to get some coins for nothing, you got very little out of it and were appropriately penalized. For this reason this distribution results in a decent level of decentralization.

The reason for inactivity is another one from my point of view, and it's one of the reasons why I've been relatively inactive lately - it's that people are waiting for more guidance and the bounties to start. Right now the movement is just getting started, it's still a little baby, and everyone's not quite sure what to do yet. This will change. Also, really anyone can acquire MVT for extremely cheap prices (I got more!). Even though there are only 3 million coins currently it's just 0.025-0.03$ for one MVT which sets the entire market cap at about $75K. The Movement is for everyone!
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VR365

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:44:06 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2017, 05:37:35 PM by VR365

But let's face it... of course there will be some who got (some of) their sockpuppets through.  It's just neither humanly nor bot-ly possible to kick out all the alts. were all aware that this forum is infested with alts...

if you find connected alts make sure to post them in the known alt Known alts of anyone thread to show them how much youre fond of what they're doing and get them negative trust.  this way they can't continue to do this.  i'll happily grab their tokens for cheap.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 08:06:29 PM

The bounty program preparation is proceeding very well.

If anybody has some interesting idea for the bounty please do share and lets discuss it in here, you will be heard.  Smiley

Even if does look like nothing is happening, behind the courtain people are organizing and shaping the Movement
seyola89

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:18:21 PM

I think it would also be excellent if we could have a professional video created that introduces the vision and the project in a visually appealing way. A lot more folks watch that rather than reading whitepapers Smiley
Additionally The Movement can also be attractive to people who are not involved in crypto yet but are interested in this world and want to take part in this new decentralized Movement for movements.

I think all of this exchange talk is really putting the cart before the horse.  There are things this community needs way before pumping the coin on an exchange.  Until the bounty program starts, I think it'll be hard to see what direction to community needs to go and who needs to do what.  We don't all need to be on the same page, but being in the same book would be helpful for The Movement. 

Fundamental action items? Website?  Voting platform? Forum? A visual aid for progress and action items?

The movement is like a newborn baby at this point.  We need to focus on community and infrastructure before it is released to the world.  Just my opinion.

These are very good ideas. I agree totally with them
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:27:48 PM

If anybody has some interesting idea for the bounty please do share and lets discuss it in here, you will be heard.  Smiley

Even if does look like nothing is happening, behind the courtain people are organizing and shaping the Movement

Exactly!
Be ready guys, let's prepare our ideas and projects! Let's warm up the engines!
AdobeWriter

Activity: 359
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:18:50 PM

Just got a PM from Dropper about the upcoming bounty program. It's about to launch very soon apparently. Its first stage will be the so called Creativity Campaign where people will be encouraged to create. Afterwards a signature campaign will follow most likely and after that who knows.
robinsbrown

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:37:31 AM

If anybody has some interesting idea for the bounty please do share and lets discuss it in here, you will be heard.  Smiley

I would love to give some idea how bounty should be made, but i would prefer to sent message to dropper instead to write here! Many people can steal a good idea
Piggy

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:21:44 AM

I would love to give some idea how bounty should be made, but i would prefer to sent message to dropper instead to write here! Many people can steal a good idea

Yes please send it to Dropper if you dont feel like sharing it in here
frozenking

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

The first solution in the World for cardiovascular

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:46:42 AM

dropper, please give us some news, we all wanna hear something positive:D
how is development going?

FARASHA███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SOLUTION FOR
CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES
FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     REDDIT
AI + DEEP LEARNING
█▀▀

█▄▄
JOIN WHITELIST
▀▀█

▄▄█
OneUnderBridge

Activity: 368
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 07:04:13 AM

This is it: why in the hell is everybody waiting for somebody else to do something? WE ARE THE MOVEMENT! Let's organize and do something together. We have a fairly motivated community here who seem eager for movement. Maybe we should think about voting structures, reputation systems, and parliamentary procedures. Organization is an extremely powerful trait in networked communities. Let's organize and start creating some value for our movement.

▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬▬▬
..Connect and Create..
                ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████  ████████████  ███████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
       ██████████████████████████

The Movement
Unstoppable Organization
                  ▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄      
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬
Connect and Create
⌠                  ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
szzc895l

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:39:19 AM

This is it: why in the hell is everybody waiting for somebody else to do something? WE ARE THE MOVEMENT! Let's organize and do something together. We have a fairly motivated community here who seem eager for movement. Maybe we should think about voting structures, reputation systems, and parliamentary procedures. Organization is an extremely powerful trait in networked communities. Let's organize and start creating some value for our movement.
You have a good idea, we need a strong fan of this project to get to do this, and the community should help dev get something done.
Piggy

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 09:47:25 AM

Just got a PM from Dropper about the upcoming bounty program. It's about to launch very soon apparently. Its first stage will be the so called Creativity Campaign where people will be encouraged to create. Afterwards a signature campaign will follow most likely and after that who knows.

As stated in here we are in contact with Dropper and helping him giving ideas for the bounty, anybody who want to help can do it just by sharing ideas in here

Things are happening
bob75coin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:49:50 PM

I think this project is very strong. I am so sad that finally I wasn't anymore on the spreadsheet. I want to consider a positive thing because I went to etherdelta and bought a lot at very cheap price Grin Grin
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:34:37 PM

yeah, the tokens are very cheap as of now. It is expected since the devs of this project are more focus on the development rather exchange platforms. but I think it will be a big help if they listed it on big exchange so that they will gain more funds. just my 2sats.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
Azkabal

Activity: 389
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:48:14 PM

Hey, can someone help me) Will be MVT tokens listed on the exchanges?) If yes, than when?
Good luck everybody
gumshed

Activity: 233
Merit: 178

The future is almost here.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:27:13 PM

I just want to put this out there as I do not want to see this fledgling community fracture before it has even gained the momentum I believe it can have. I'm my real life, I serve as an operations manager and am for the most part, very metric and performance driven. My hope is to see The Movement grow and to evolve into something amazing, organically. I think though, in the beginning, we will need to facilitate it's "Culture" and define what that will look like.

There seems to be some disagreement as to what is important to the development of The Movement, which is to be expected when you have a decentralized organization like this.  Technically, there isn't a leader. So expanding on my previous post, I'd like purpose the following:

Voting Platform-  The Movement needs an effective way to gauge the communities thoughts in reference to a purposed path.  Projects that will affect the entire community need an outlet for approval. A voting system for community submissions is necessary to allow The Movement to grow.

Forum- This thread is great, but as The Movement grows it will be hard to manage the progress of projects. Communication will be crucial during the planning and execution of these projects.

Website- When the buzz of The Movement reaches the masses, we need a portal for them to be introduced to the project.  Understanding what this is is the best way to get buy-in from the public. 

Action Items- A simple overview of what is being done and who is doing it as well as upcoming projects.  I've never been one to re-invent the wheel and I think there are some very talented people here that have ideas for The Movement. I just think that if we are all acting as individuals, the project will take more time than necessary.  Giving the community the ability to interact and work together will become very important moving forward as this grows.

I understand the bounty program is starting soon, which is very exciting and will possibly alleviate a lot of these from my list. But does anyone want to volunteer for any of these?  Personally,  I am more than willing to pay hosting fees or help purchase domains if needed. Anything really, I'm just not terribly good at writing code.

Regardless, we are all masters of our own destiny and right now, we have an amazing opportunity to help create something that is possibly the foundation for something completely NEW. To me, that is exciting and worth working towards.

And please, tell me to shut the fuck up if I am overstepping my bounds or there's something I am not seeing.

The Movement  🌱  Unstoppable Organization
▂▃▅▆ ⌠  Connect and Create  |  Join the movement  ⌡ ▆▅▃▂
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties  Github  Twitter  Reddit  Telegram  Blog
RafaNadalTheBest

Activity: 131
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:52:31 PM

On which exchanges will tokens be traded?
bapp

Activity: 71
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:01:48 PM

Hi everybody.
I've said it before and am doing it again, this project's idea and vision is awesome. I consider myself a part of this decentral movement. gumshed, I agree with you fully. Good thoughts!  I'm also willing to contribute to financing some of the essentials.

Regardless, we are all masters of our own destiny and right now, we have an amazing opportunity to help create something that is possibly the foundation for something completely NEW. To me, that is exciting and worth working towards.
I really love the way you put it man. Its true.

On which exchanges will tokens be traded?
It's up on ED (Etherdelta) but they still have to list it officially as MVT. Anyway for now you can trade it there already, it's still super early to get involved thus the prices are more than attractive:
https://etherdelta.com/#0x3d46454212c61ecb7b31248047fa033120b88668-ETH

Everyone from everywhere can become early adopter and participant of the decentralized movement by and for people

New Economy Movement (NEM) https://nem.io
The Movement (MVT) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2068554
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:06:17 PM

I just want to put this out there as I do not want to see this fledgling community fracture before it has even gained the momentum I believe it can have. I'm my real life, I serve as an operations manager and am for the most part, very metric and performance driven. My hope is to see The Movement grow and to evolve into something amazing, organically. I think though, in the beginning, we will need to facilitate it's "Culture" and define what that will look like.

There seems to be some disagreement as to what is important to the development of The Movement, which is to be expected when you have a decentralized organization like this.  Technically, there isn't a leader. So expanding on my previous post, I'd like purpose the following:

Voting Platform-  The Movement needs an effective way to gauge the communities thoughts in reference to a purposed path.  Projects that will affect the entire community need an outlet for approval. A voting system for community submissions is necessary to allow The Movement to grow.

Forum- This thread is great, but as The Movement grows it will be hard to manage the progress of projects. Communication will be crucial during the planning and execution of these projects.

Website- When the buzz of The Movement reaches the masses, we need a portal for them to be introduced to the project.  Understanding what this is is the best way to get buy-in from the public. 

Action Items- A simple overview of what is being done and who is doing it as well as upcoming projects.  I've never been one to re-invent the wheel and I think there are some very talented people here that have ideas for The Movement. I just think that if we are all acting as individuals, the project will take more time than necessary.  Giving the community the ability to interact and work together will become very important moving forward as this grows.

I understand the bounty program is starting soon, which is very exciting and will possibly alleviate a lot of these from my list. But does anyone want to volunteer for any of these?  Personally,  I am more than willing to pay hosting fees or help purchase domains if needed. Anything really, I'm just not terribly good at writing code.

And please, tell me to shut the fuck up if I am overstepping my bounds or there's something I am not seeing.

I totally agree with you. I will support every point of your post. Unfortunately I m not good to write code but I'm ready to give my contribute as I can (at first economically speaking). Definitively we need only someone that starts working on it and community will follow.
bapp

Activity: 71
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:10:35 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 01:29:15 PM by bapp

Definitively we need only someone that starts working on it and community will follow.
obviously the original creator is working on something, as they put it in the whitepaper, it's just that he or she obviouly put emphasis on the fact that this project doesnt have one central leader who decides everything from the beginning and all the way. Many people are a little confused by this fact (i think) and they're expecting some devs to do all the work at once. because this is what we expect here in crypto most of the time. It's a collective movement, for social movements and for the creation of valuable networks. Once that message kicks in (surely it takes time...), many are gonna love and enjoy it. I know I do

New Economy Movement (NEM) https://nem.io
The Movement (MVT) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2068554
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 325 »
  Print  

Jump to: