Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 07:12:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59145 times)
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:02:56 PM

Well well. What do we have here. You've been waiting for 11 month. You were posting negative things about BFL and they found out about this. Now the order is due for cancel & refund and you started to whine like a little girl. We all so brave on the internet, as long as our identities are kept confidential, right?

BFL: please go ahead and refund that idiot. Make an example of him so the rest of the crowd will think twice before they post. 4 singles to be removed from the queue - that means that majority of folks will get their hardware faster (assuming the order is 11 month old).

Way to go!

Yeah!  Hooray for squelching the truth and censorship!  All of you vile truth-spreaders shall think twice before speaking ill about the almighty Butterfly Labs, or you shall experience the iron fist of the paypal refund nazi, BFL-Jody!
Fuck off, go read the guy's messages back through his profile. He made his discontent personal towards people instead of the company. Fail, and a godwin for you for the nazi trolling, you just lost.

I know you and BFL want people like me to fuck off, but I will not.  I will continue to call a spade a spade, thank you very much.  I don't care how much truth this guy spread about BFL.  He didn't deserve to have his order cancelled.  And neither do you when the day comes that you stop kissing their ass due to lack of performance.
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:10:35 PM

Not to get sidetracked.. but which is/was worst?  BFL FPGA wait time or BFL ASIC?  I wasn't here during the FPGA frenzy.. so I wouldn't know.
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:13:25 PM

Just more of BFL trying to find a way to cancel as many orders as they can.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:15:45 PM

Antics aside, money changed hands and BFL appears to have reneged on terms of the sale. My guess is that the Missouri AG consumer complaints dept. would be a good avenue to pursue if you aren't satisfied with your purchase and negotiations fall through. I have worked with them in the past and they are very fastidious about consumer complaints.
I have no strong feelings about BFL other than they seem to be terrible at PR, have missed several deadlines, but have very attractive products from a price/performance and aesthetic POV.
Disclaimer: I do mine on EMC but I have no connection w/BFL other than almost making a pre-order.
The Missouri AG Consumer Complaints Dept will give exactly as many fucks as his complaint warrants: 0.
Most state laws actually REQUIRE you to offer a refund if you are unable to deliver within 30 days of your initial targeted delivery date (backorders included), alternately, you may offer to extend the time limit, with confirmed consent from the customer, but you're not required to offer the extension. You ARE required to offer the refund.
Go into an AG office and complain that, "A company 'unethically' refunded my money when I complained about the wait time for my order." Be sure to take a video camera, and post the video of their reaction on Youtube for us all to watch!  Cheesy Cheesy
They could have refused to take his money for all of those reasons, but it looks to me like they are discriminating against him for some reason.   When they took his money, it was a contract, one that BFL made and accepted.  I hope the discrimination is not based on race, sex or religion or group of association or Xian can actually get the federal government to help with his case.

Endlessa

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:26:26 PM

Antics aside, money changed hands and BFL appears to have reneged on terms of the sale. My guess is that the Missouri AG consumer complaints dept. would be a good avenue to pursue if you aren't satisfied with your purchase and negotiations fall through. I have worked with them in the past and they are very fastidious about consumer complaints.
I have no strong feelings about BFL other than they seem to be terrible at PR, have missed several deadlines, but have very attractive products from a price/performance and aesthetic POV.
Disclaimer: I do mine on EMC but I have no connection w/BFL other than almost making a pre-order.
The Missouri AG Consumer Complaints Dept will give exactly as many fucks as his complaint warrants: 0.
Most state laws actually REQUIRE you to offer a refund if you are unable to deliver within 30 days of your initial targeted delivery date (backorders included), alternately, you may offer to extend the time limit, with confirmed consent from the customer, but you're not required to offer the extension. You ARE required to offer the refund.
Go into an AG office and complain that, "A company 'unethically' refunded my money when I complained about the wait time for my order." Be sure to take a video camera, and post the video of their reaction on Youtube for us all to watch!  Cheesy Cheesy
They could have refused to take his money for all of those reasons, but it looks to me like they are discriminating against him for some reason.   When they took his money, it was a contract, one that BFL made and accepted.  I hope the discrimination is not based on race, sex or religion or group of association or Xian can actually get the federal government to help with his case.

Nope, he told the COO to "eat a bag of dicks" and among several other things
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:28:07 PM

No, in fact he did not.   Inaba has made it VERY clear that he posts as Inaba when he is his own man.   He is only BFL_Josh (josh zerlan of BFL labs) when he posts under that name.
You cannot have it both ways.

Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 09:30:50 PM

(Wall-of-angst Deleted. I've never ever felt this abused a customer before. Filed a complaint with the Missouri AG Customer Complaints dept. Provided a Paypal address to office@bfl to get refunded for $4,698, hopefully, and moving on with my life)

Don't expect people to feel sorry for you. You did not really act like a loyal customer. More like a shit-stirrer.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:34:08 PM

(Wall-of-angst Deleted. I've never ever felt this abused a customer before. Filed a complaint with the Missouri AG Customer Complaints dept. Provided a Paypal address to office@bfl to get refunded for $4,698, hopefully, and moving on with my life)
Don't expect people to feel sorry for you. You did not really act like a loyal customer. More like a shit-stirrer.
I would take him as a customer.   He pre-paid, waited, was constantly lied to, called bullshit at the lies, BOUGHT more, was lied to more, and complained about being lied to.
Seems to me like a GREAT customer, all you have to do is NOT LIE TO HIM.

DataPlumber

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 09:36:03 PM

In what way does this make sense?

Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:36:20 PM

So basically they got to use almost $5k to fund their development for 11 months interest free. Brilliant play by Josh!
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:37:52 PM

I can't wait until Microsoft starts paying employees to peruse online forums and revoke licenses of naysayers in exchange for a refund. They could probably stuff it in an agreement and not be noticed for years.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:40:24 PM

So basically they got to use almost $5k to fund their development for 11 months interest free. Brilliant play by Josh!
Brilliant and illegal.  Xian should sue and seek a quick judgement before BFL is empty of cash.  Bitcoin will advance as all these crooks, amateurs and people too lazy to follow laws are pushed out of the market and people who actually care to run a long term business enter the market.   

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:40:57 PM

Erm, genuinely what proof does anyone have that they are specifically singling him out for abuse?

Is there any, or could it actually be a genuine mistake?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:41:50 PM

Careful what you say guys, wouldn't want your orders to get cancelled would ya?  Smiley
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:43:44 PM

BFL does not have a lack of customers, only a lack of product. Since BFL increased the price of their products by something like 85% recently, then every canceled early pre-order is money in their pocket and one less unit in the HUGE backlog that is inspiring people to grab their pitchforks...
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:43:47 PM

Erm, genuinely what proof does anyone have that they are specifically singling him out for abuse?

Subject:  Re: Orders to refund
Date:     May 16, 2013 3:30:16 PM CDT

Hello Christian,

After reviewing your account, we have decided to end our business relationship with you.  At this time, we are severing all business ties with you and will be refunding your money.  This decision was based on a number of different factors and is final.

Sincerely,

Butterfly Labs, INC
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:44:16 PM

I can't wait until Microsoft starts paying employees to peruse online forums and revoke licenses of naysayers in exchange for a refund. They could probably stuff it in an agreement and not be noticed for years.
LOL.   MSFT could not do that though because after revoking million of licenses we would find out how little we need their products and then they could not keep stuffing them on computers.

DataPlumber

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 09:45:21 PM

BFL does not have a lack of customers, only a lack of product. Since BFL increased the price of their products by something like 85% recently, then every canceled early pre-order is money in their pocket and one less unit in the HUGE backlog that is inspiring people to grab their pitchforks...
Thanks for the clarification.

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:51:48 PM

No, in fact he did not.   Inaba has made it VERY clear that he posts as Inaba when he is his own man.   He is only BFL_Josh (josh zerlan of BFL labs) when he posts under that name.
You cannot have it both ways.

Inaba is still the COO of the company, so the point is valid, as is the "among several other things" part of that post. Making personal enemies of the owners of a company you want to do business with is bad policy in and of itself, but he also sought/seeks to continually defame the company itself, as well as other owners/officers of the company.

If you hate a company enough to talk shit about them on a DAILY basis, you're probably not somebody worth doing business with. His complaint was that they weren't sending the product he paid for soon enough, so they resolved it, and made it a product he hasn't paid for, freeing up a few thousand dollars to go spend on something else.

"Refund given, complaint resolved. Neeeext!"

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:51:57 PM

Subject:  Re: Orders to refund
Date:     May 16, 2013 3:30:16 PM CDT

Hello Christian,

After reviewing your account, we have decided to end our business relationship with you.  At this time, we are severing all business ties with you and will be refunding your money.  This decision was based on a number of different factors and is final.

Sincerely,

Butterfly Labs, INC

F**k me, they can't actually do that when they entered an agreement to deliver once the sale completed.  His 'frustration' stems from their inability to deliver despite many broken promises.

The error is entirely on their part. Has Christian openly stated anything libellous in public forums?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: