Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:57:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59145 times)
Endlessa

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:49:38 PM

That's another way of assessing it Smiley

I'm just saying from a risk management perspective you have to assess it (independent of belief or emotion) decide what your truth is and accept responsibility for it

Edit: and never risk what you can't lose

Of course all of BFL's customers should have been aware of the risks involved and treated it like the purchase of a lottery ticket.

I was pointing out that BFL probably violated any number of consumer protection laws. For instance, regarding Virginia:
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+59.1-200

§ 59.1-200. Prohibited practices.
A. The following fraudulent acts or practices committed by a supplier in connection with a consumer transaction are hereby declared unlawful:
5. Misrepresenting that goods or services have certain quantities, characteristics, ingredients, uses, or benefits;

Most states have similar laws on the books.

I understand and have read that law.  But for that to stick you have to prove intent. ...ask any lawyer, it sounds simple, but it's not
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:51:59 PM

You are part of the problem... simple as that.  BFL is cancerous it should be cut out of the community the discussion can now move back to why people should be told in clear terms never to buy from BFL and should take this opportunity to get refunds.  Ignored.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Endlessa

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:56:11 PM

You are part of the problem... simple as that.  BFL is cancerous it should be cut out of the community the discussion can now move back to why people should be told in clear terms never to buy from BFL and should take this opportunity to get refunds.

Yeah, cuz this is definitely fact based discussion your displaying /s
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:56:31 PM

I understand and have read that law.  But for that to stick you have to prove intent. ...ask any lawyer, it sounds simple, but it's not

I just love seeing these brand new accounts coming to BFL's defense after missing 7+ months of deadlines. Quite entertianing. Thanks Josh.

Buy & Hold
Endlessa

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:04:56 PM

I just love seeing these brand new accounts coming to BFL's defense after missing 7+ months of deadlines. Quite entertianing. Thanks Josh.

Hah Smiley lol Smiley I knew I felt different when I woke up this morning.. . . .you must be a whiz at solving mysteries. Shaggy is that you? Wink hah thanks I need a nice laugh about now
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 07:44:25 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 07:57:22 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

I understand and have read that law.  But for that to stick you have to prove intent. ...ask any lawyer, it sounds simple, but it's not

Hah Smiley lol Smiley I knew I felt different when I woke up this morning.. . . .you must be a whiz at solving mysteries. Shaggy is that you? Wink hah thanks I need a nice laugh about now

From Josh from a locked thread:

[Archive] BFL trolling museum
December 31, 2012, 05:51:01 PM
Sorry sunshine, but D3 can't lock threads anymore.  His ability to moderate threads he has no business in has been removed.  So go ahead, ask away, see how well that works for you.

I like your highlighting, you've managed to highlight every lie CreativeX has written in the past 10 threads, good job.  But, seeing as you two are comparable liars, that's not a surprise.  Neither of you can provide anything to backup what you say, so you just keep spouting the same nonsense over and over.  And you wonder why I call you an idiot.

Frizz:  Tell me what all those posts have in common that other critical threads of BFL, on the BFL forums don't have,  would make them candidates for deletion?  My guess is you can't figure it out, being too stupid to understand your ass from a hole in the ground... but hey I thought I'd ask.  You've also managed to find the 3 posts that have been deleted, out of 8700... congratulations Scooby Doo, you are a real detective!  

BFL censorship statistics:  .00034% of the posts are censored!  OMG, it's a conspiracy!

Norville "Shaggy" Rogers, illegitimate son of Rex Rogers, AKA James Ray Houston, Daddy-O of Sonny Vleisides.

http://www.talkgold.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-23413.html

There is another "experienced" scammer who fits this profile, had the means and the team to do it, and because his identity was exposed during his last scam would be VERY careful the next time. James Ray Houston, AKA Rex Rogers AKA Midas Mulligan.
He was in Costa Rica last I heard.

Pulled a fast one originally called Laissez Faire City, stole a ton of money, strung it out for months while he made a clean getaway, the usual.

Alfredo Alberto hangs out at Distributed City with a lot of this guys former, maybe, friends. Seems odd that old Alfredo would be here now to misdirect any pursuit.
J. Orlin Grabbe
Metropipe
Ian Fraser

They were all over the last scam and may have been part of FLO.

James Ray Houston, also known as Rex Rogers , used his son <Sonny Vleisides> in most of his scams.
Very many of the Flo systems were also present in the Laissez faire City scam

FLO = FreeLandOpps

~Fearless Shagaford~
Endlessa

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:47:43 PM

From Josh from a locked thread:

December 31, 2012, 05:51:01 PM
Sorry sunshine, but D3 can't lock threads anymore.  His ability to moderate threads he has no business in has been removed.  So go ahead, ask away, see how well that works for you.

I like your highlighting, you've managed to highlight every lie CreativeX has written in the past 10 threads, good job.  But, seeing as you two are comparable liars, that's not a surprise.  Neither of you can provide anything to backup what you say, so you just keep spouting the same nonsense over and over.  And you wonder why I call you an idiot.

Frizz:  Tell me what all those posts have in common that other critical threads of BFL, on the BFL forums don't have,  would make them candidates for deletion?  My guess is you can't figure it out, being too stupid to understand your ass from a hole in the ground... but hey I thought I'd ask.  You've also managed to find the 3 posts that have been deleted, out of 8700... congratulations Scooby Doo, you are a real detective! 

BFL censorship statistics:  .00034% of the posts are censored!  OMG, it's a conspiracy!

Norville "Shaggy" Rogers, illegitimate son of Rex Rogers, AKA James Ray Houston, Daddy-O of Sonny Vleisides.

http://www.talkgold.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-23413.html

There is another "experienced" scammer who fits this profile, had the means and the team to do it, and because his identity was exposed during his last scam would be VERY careful the next time. James Ray Houston, AKA Rex Rogers AKA Midas Mulligan.
He was in Costa Rica last I heard.

Pulled a fast one originally called Laissez Faire City, stole a ton of money, strung it out for months while he made a clean getaway, the usual.

Alfredo Alberto hangs out at Distributed City with a lot of this guys former, maybe, friends. Seems odd that old Alfredo would be here now to misdirect any pursuit.
J. Orlin Grabbe
Metropipe
Ian Fraser

They were all over the last scam and may have been part of FLO.

See now your just proving why I  can't trust your "fact" based detective work. . . .this is awesome hahha
Ty for illustrating why people who want to believe something will always find a way to prove it.  Even if it's retarded.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:51:55 PM

BFL aside, for me, nothing about this seems to be sincere from xian.  I'd agree with you on the apology issue otherwise.  Instead, it seems like a venom filled immature tantrum thinly veiled as a PSA and an apology.

Give me a fucking break. Are you insinuating Josh has been mature or sincere over these last 11 months ?

Go back to your fucking BFL shoutbox and reality distortion field.

Seriously. Just fuck right off you sycophantic shill.

Yet another tool to add to my ignore list.
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:56:10 PM

BFL aside, for me, nothing about this seems to be sincere from xian.  I'd agree with you on the apology issue otherwise.  Instead, it seems like a venom filled immature tantrum thinly veiled as a PSA and an apology.

Give me a fucking break. Are you insinuating Josh has been mature or sincere over these last 11 months ?

Whoooaaaa - Endlessa -  you really touched a nerve there.

Nice style of writing xian - I'm sure you can go through the whole of your life speaking to people like that and they just wont mind. Just like BFL didn't mind cancelling your order huh.

donations not accepted
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 07:56:16 PM

See now your just proving why I  can't trust your "fact" based detective work. . . .this is awesome hahha
Ty for illustrating why people who want to believe something will always find a way to prove it.  Even if it's retarded.

<snip>

That's how you do rational, courteous threads.  You do not write "Feel like defending BFL now?" as the title and just post pictures as the content, like you are some retarded super sleuth who's uncovered a nefarious plot to overthrow the government that only exists in their mind.  That just makes you an idiot and an asshole, which is why he got the response he got.

~Fearless Shagaford~
Endlessa

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:58:09 PM

BFL aside, for me, nothing about this seems to be sincere from xian.  I'd agree with you on the apology issue otherwise.  Instead, it seems like a venom filled immature tantrum thinly veiled as a PSA and an apology.

lol dude I never said a word about Josh or his part. . . I believe you've given that enough attention.  And feel free to add me to your ignore list.  I will not be heart broken

Edit: nice you really like to use your crayon box of "big boy" words. . .and "shill" that's original
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 08:00:26 PM

lol dude I never said a word about Josh or his part. . . I believe you've given that enough attention.  And feel free to add me to your ignore list.  I will not be heart broken

I never have, or never will, put people on an ignore list.
Endlessa

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:01:46 PM

See now your just proving why I  can't trust your "fact" based detective work. . . .this is awesome hahha
Ty for illustrating why people who want to believe something will always find a way to prove it.  Even if it's retarded.

<snip>

That's how you do rational, courteous threads.  You do not write "Feel like defending BFL now?" as the title and just post pictures as the content, like you are some retarded super sleuth who's uncovered a nefarious plot to overthrow the government that only exists in their mind.  That just makes you an idiot and an asshole, which is why he got the response he got.

~Fearless Shagaford~
Holy crap guy your really on to something here.  .it's crazy how some people use the same words from the same language to describe the same type of thing.. .it's almost like they have applicable meanings.  no no that can't be it, it must be a greater conspiracy!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 08:05:39 PM

<snip>

~Fearless Shagaford~
Holy crap guy your really on to something here.  .it's crazy how some people use the same words form the same language to describe the same type of thing.. .it's almost like they have applicable meanings.  no no that can't be it, it must be a greater conspiracy!

Edit: nice you really like to use your crayon box of "big boy" words. . .and "shill" that's original

December 25, 2012, 05:50:33 PM

Awww elux... I feel sorry for you.  You are playing in the big boy sandbox and getting trampled by both sides... you're a cute little fella though.  You keep spouting this (along with PL).  Too bad wishing for things to be true doesn't actually make them true, though.  You know what they say about wishes and horses or something like...
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:06:08 PM

+1

I find it difficult to believe there are this many people with their heads in the sand. Newbie accounts spring up everyday with nothing but carefully constructed apologies and excuses in hand for BFL's non-performance and outright deceptions.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:06:34 PM

That's another way of assessing it Smiley

I'm just saying from a risk management perspective you have to assess it (independent of belief or emotion) decide what your truth is and accept responsibility for it

Edit: and never risk what you can't lose

Of course all of BFL's customers should have been aware of the risks involved and treated it like the purchase of a lottery ticket.

I was pointing out that BFL probably violated any number of consumer protection laws. For instance, regarding Virginia:
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+59.1-200

§ 59.1-200. Prohibited practices.
A. The following fraudulent acts or practices committed by a supplier in connection with a consumer transaction are hereby declared unlawful:
5. Misrepresenting that goods or services have certain quantities, characteristics, ingredients, uses, or benefits;

Most states have similar laws on the books.

You have to get a jury to believe that BFL knew what they said was untrue when they said it. It is not as hard as you think. Especially give some of the whoppers told. Moreover, subjecting BFL to scrutiny via subpoena and deposition would be tons of fun.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Endlessa

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:09:23 PM

+1

I find it difficult to believe there are this many people with their heads in the sand. Newbie accounts spring up everyday with nothing but carefully constructed apologies and excuses in hand for BFL's non-performance and outright deceptions.

Translation: I can't believe there are this many people who don't believe what I believe and are willing to voice opinions about it.  It can't be possible.  They must all be the same person
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:18:29 PM

The fact is, BFL accepted money and by so doing contracted to deliver a product.  They're still in breach of contract if they involuntarily "refund" you because they don't like the fact that you're unhappy with their illegal actions.  The only reason they probably won't get sued is their suckers are weaklings and fools who would never have the balls to do anything.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:19:31 PM

Erm, genuinely what proof does anyone have that they are specifically singling him out for abuse?

Subject:  Re: Orders to refund
Date:     May 16, 2013 3:30:16 PM CDT

Hello Christian,

After reviewing your account, we have decided to end our business relationship with you.  At this time, we are severing all business ties with you and will be refunding your money.  This decision was based on a number of different factors and is final.

Sincerely,

Butterfly Labs, INC

F**k me, they can't actually do that when they entered an agreement to deliver once the sale completed.  His 'frustration' stems from their inability to deliver despite many broken promises.

The error is entirely on their part. Has Christian openly stated anything libellous in public forums?

You do of course realize that ANY company has the right to end ANY business relationship with a customer for ANY reason. OP spent, and is still spending a massive amount of effort and time talking shit about a company he had a customer relationship with, and they refunded his money and ended the relationship. What about this is hard to understand?
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:21:02 PM

The fact is, BFL accepted money and by so doing contracted to deliver a product.  They're still in breach of contract if they involuntarily "refund" you because they don't like the fact that you're unhappy with their illegal actions.  The only reason they probably won't get sued is their suckers are weaklings and fools who would never have the balls to do anything.

There is no 'breach of contract', any business can perfectly legally refuse you service or delivery and choose to refund your money. How do you not understand this? Hell, a gas station can refuse you to buy a pack of gum if they feel like it. Nothing illegal about that unless they refuse you based on race, gender or sexual orientation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: