Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:12:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ducnguyen3293

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:22:18 PM

I no longer trust xspec. The only thing you give is the theory  Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:24:25 PM

There are great features planned, all of which you will find in the roadmap. Two of my personal favorites which have the power to catapult XSPEC into the stratosphere and beyond are Stealth Staking and the mobile wallet with staking capability.

(If you like my post, just click +Merit on the right. It will be appreciated)

It's a common mistake to think an asset price will explode after something on the road map is finished but in the real world things don't work like that. In general, if something has been announced (i.e. public knowledge) it's already included in the price. The only way for it to rise would be if people were unaware of it being on the road map.

I agree expecting XSpec to explode as soon as stealth staking is released is a bit of wishful thinking, but the whole "price factored in" argument of economic markets doesn't really hold water when it's a little known asset. I agree with the comment that XSpec will be mentioned more often once the stealth staking is available, which should help the price quite a bit.

Also, because there's no guarantee that stealth staking will work (considering it's never been done before) there's risk involved in investing at this point and that risk is also factored in to the current price. Once the stealth staking is actually working, the risk is obviously lowered significantly which should increase the price.

I am still not convinced that the market has already priced in stealth staking for instance. Whereas people might price in some hope about it, given the fact that this is a feature which is nowhere else available and a large majority of people are still very sceptical whether it will be implemented or not, I would expect most of them are on the sideline, until it is proven that the approach works.

Thus, we are saying some something very similar, except that I believe the market to be cautious with such innovations, and thus has not priced in this feature to a significant extent at this point in time.
pvk444

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:27:50 PM

Please be more specific. XSPEC is a living product that already now has one of the most advanced feature sets implemented (Tor, OBSF4, Ring Signatures, Dual-Key Stealth Address, PoS3). None of this is just "theory". You can download the wallet, get XSPEC and see for yourself. And very few other coins provide such a balanced set of privacy features.

So once again this is not just "theory".
pvk444

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:30:19 PM

And I'm curious what changed for you since the 9th of February and today, just 4 days later. On the 9th you still wrote:

"I think anonymous coins like onion, xspec will explode this year 2018"

Did you get some onion and want to FUD xspec, or is there something else behind this change of mind?
Manur_0223

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:56:52 PM

Does it covered by the open source license somehow?
blockchainbits26

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:10:18 PM

There are great features planned, all of which you will find in the roadmap. Two of my personal favorites which have the power to catapult XSPEC into the stratosphere and beyond are Stealth Staking and the mobile wallet with staking capability.

(If you like my post, just click +Merit on the right. It will be appreciated)

It's a common mistake to think an asset price will explode after something on the road map is finished but in the real world things don't work like that. In general, if something has been announced (i.e. public knowledge) it's already included in the price. The only way for it to rise would be if people were unaware of it being on the road map.

I agree expecting XSpec to explode as soon as stealth staking is released is a bit of wishful thinking, but the whole "price factored in" argument of economic markets doesn't really hold water when it's a little known asset. I agree with the comment that XSpec will be mentioned more often once the stealth staking is available, which should help the price quite a bit.

Also, because there's no guarantee that stealth staking will work (considering it's never been done before) there's risk involved in investing at this point and that risk is also factored in to the current price. Once the stealth staking is actually working, the risk is obviously lowered significantly which should increase the price.

I am still not convinced that the market has already priced in stealth staking for instance. Whereas people might price in some hope about it, given the fact that this is a feature which is nowhere else available and a large majority of people are still very sceptical whether it will be implemented or not, I would expect most of them are on the sideline, until it is proven that the approach works.

Thus, we are saying some something very similar, except that I believe the market to be cautious with such innovations, and thus has not priced in this feature to a significant extent at this point in time.

I agree 100%
wuzzap8989

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:42:30 PM

with the obsf4 the team have shown that they deliver their promises  Grin iĺl trust them and am happy to wait for the stealth staking Smiley

Does it covered by the open source license somehow?

nop lol its called "open" Wink
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:56:19 PM

yeah i am looking forward to the stealth addresses being build into transactions  automatically .

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
pvk444

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:07:25 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 08:11:34 PM by pvk444

with the obsf4 the team have shown that they deliver their promises  Grin iĺl trust them and am happy to wait for the stealth staking Smiley

I started to get into the details of XSPEC, and the more I know about it the more I am amazed about the comprehensiveness and completeness of it's privacy features, even without stealth staking. I now truly can say and defend that it's the best privacy coin out there, even surpassing Monero. Here is the gist:

1. Sender anonymity : Ring Signatures
2. Receiver anonymity : Dual Key Stealth Address
3. Transaction privacy : Automatic Transaction Splitting
4. IP level protection : TOR based
5. Quantum resistant : Proof of Stake (with stealth staking feature)
6. Resistant against compromising of key individuals : identities of core team unknown

Most advanced privacy coins offer features 1 and 2, using various methods. A smaller number add either one or two of the features 3, 4 and 5. But AFAIK, none adds all 3. (Deeponion fans might claim they add all 3 features, which could be true, but they also include Proof-of-Work which introduces several vulnerabilities). But no other privacy coin - NONE WHATSOEVER - has an unknown development team. Think about it: should a powerful government want to crack down on Monero or DeepOnion, for instance, they could infiltrate or even eliminate and replace the development team, since the project members are publicly known. XSPEC is protected even against such personal attacks.

Really amazing stuff, if you ask me.
Wicking

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:30:50 AM

with the obsf4 the team have shown that they deliver their promises  Grin iĺl trust them and am happy to wait for the stealth staking Smiley

I started to get into the details of XSPEC, and the more I know about it the more I am amazed about the comprehensiveness and completeness of it's privacy features, even without stealth staking. I now truly can say and defend that it's the best privacy coin out there, even surpassing Monero. Here is the gist:

5. Quantum resistant : Proof of Stake
6. Resistant against compromising of key individuals : identities of core team unknown

Most advanced privacy coins offer features 1 and 2, using various methods. A smaller number add either one or two of the features 3, 4 and 5. But AFAIK, none adds all 3. (Deeponion fans might claim they add all 3 features, which could be true, but they also include Proof-of-Work which introduces several vulnerabilities). But no other privacy coin - NONE WHATSOEVER - has an unknown development team. Think about it: should a powerful government want to crack down on Monero or DeepOnion, for instance, they could infiltrate or even eliminate and replace the development team, since the project members are publicly known. XSPEC is protected even against such personal attacks.

100% agree. That is why I keep spectrum, periodically replenishing supply. My planning horizon is at least 1 year, so I do not pay attention to the price change, and only glad that I can buy more for less money, while there is such an opportunity.
djpitagora

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:36:56 PM

But no other privacy coin - NONE WHATSOEVER - has an unknown development team. Think about it: should a powerful government want to crack down on Monero or DeepOnion, for instance, they could infiltrate or even eliminate and replace the development team, since the project members are publicly known. XSPEC is protected even against such personal attacks.

monero is at a point where it has a very large community with some 200+ individuals contributing code. It would be virtually impossible at this point to track down the entire "team" and prevent somebody to fork the project and carry on. It doesn't even matter now who started it. And generally that is the best approach because to be honest tracking an individual nowadays is pretty easy. Real anonymity is very hard to achieve these days and only through very illegal means. Even then it's a matter of how hard the said government is trying to get you and if they are willing to play dirty or not

FYI there are other coins with anonymous devs (see skycoin) and it's not generally perceived as an advantage.
Inkognito222

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:36:32 PM

Who can share this on darknet ? It is great reklam for xspec
pvk444

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:53:18 PM

Who can share this on darknet ? It is great reklam for xspec

Any suggestions where? Have already been looking around for the right places, but did not find much.
pvk444

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:10:22 PM

But no other privacy coin - NONE WHATSOEVER - has an unknown development team. Think about it: should a powerful government want to crack down on Monero or DeepOnion, for instance, they could infiltrate or even eliminate and replace the development team, since the project members are publicly known. XSPEC is protected even against such personal attacks.

monero is at a point where it has a very large community with some 200+ individuals contributing code. It would be virtually impossible at this point to track down the entire "team" and prevent somebody to fork the project and carry on. It doesn't even matter now who started it. And generally that is the best approach because to be honest tracking an individual nowadays is pretty easy. Real anonymity is very hard to achieve these days and only through very illegal means. Even then it's a matter of how hard the said government is trying to get you and if they are willing to play dirty or not

FYI there are other coins with anonymous devs (see skycoin) and it's not generally perceived as an advantage.

A large community of developers is not necessarily a good thing: aside from loss of agility and flexibility (there is a required overhead for coordination and governance to ensure the work of 200 developer are aligned), having that many developers means there will be specialization as well, which means it's possible to compromise the entire system by compromising a small group. Having 200 developers is NOT the same as having 200 levels of redundancy (which indeed would give some form of security against compromising).

And "virtually impossible" is not impossible for a government agency with pretty much unlimited resources.

Curious what you think the link is between achieving real anonymity and taking illegal actions? Why would one be related to the other?

I agree that in general and for "usual" project anonymity is a disadvantage. For the ultimate privacy, I am still convinced it's an advantage.
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:38:32 PM

If SpectreCoin doesn't release more info on their game-changing stealth staking within 3 or so months, I will dump all my coins on the market before it starts crash and burning.

I'm way too wary of this whole thing with anonymous developers and promised something something.
And even with stealth staking out there's no guarantee that the price will go up a lot. It also requires user adoption and trading volume, but the dev(s) have already said they don't want to release it on big exchanges because "anonymity something something".
This coin is not just high risk but very high risk. I almost never invest in such coins and if there's still "shush hush stealth staking something something" in late April/early May and no proof of it working or even how it works, that's gonna be a huge red warning sign to get rid of everything I've invested.

It doesn't matter what everyone shills out here, I don't trust hype and I never fall for it, I only trust proof, what's delivered and my own research and analyze method.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
Acura3600
Legendary

Activity: 2959
Merit: 1243

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:41:36 PM

If SpectreCoin doesn't release more info on their game-changing stealth staking within 3 or so months, I will dump all my coins on the market before it starts crash and burning.

I'm way too wary of this whole thing with anonymous developers and promised something something.
And even with stealth staking out there's no guarantee that the price will go up a lot. It also requires user adoption and trading volume, but the dev(s) have already said they don't want to release it on big exchanges because "anonymity something something".
This coin is not just high risk but very high risk. I almost never invest in such coins and if there's still "shush hush stealth staking something something" in late April/early May and no proof of it working or even how it works, that's gonna be a huge red warning sign to get rid of everything I've invested.

It doesn't matter what everyone shills out here, I don't trust hype and I never fall for it, I only trust proof, what's delivered and my own research and analyze method.

yeah, dump & sell - Thanks Cheesy
pvk444

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:53:37 PM

So ignore any roadmap, and look at what is available right now. How is all of that, Dual Key Stealth Address, Ring Signatures, Transaction Splitting, Tor / OBFS4, PoS3 .... , just "hype" or "shills" if it is there, working, RIGHT NOW? You can download the wallet or the entire source code and verify every single one of these features for yourself. No hype, no shills ... but a well working product!

And if you are in this just to turn a quick buck, I suggest you join a pump-and-dump group. That would be more aligned with your objective.
tolgacevdet

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:08:36 PM

While all coins are flying,i'm still waiting spectrecoin to pump but what? its even losing value everyday!
pvk444

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:12:41 PM

While all coins are flying,i'm still waiting spectrecoin to pump but what? its even losing value everyday!

All coins? About 1/4th of all coins are in the red. XSPEC is still 4 times the level it was just 7 weeks ago. And if you simply look for a pump, I can suggest you the same as I suggested the other fellow : join a pump-and-dump group.

New wallet will be out soon and major features upgrades will be available in Q2. So if you have the guts to hold, I'm sure you will be handsomely rewarded for your patience. There is no short-term game here.
bebekbakar

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:42:52 AM

Wait until it reaches your wallet. Usually widraw will be done to the developer token coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: