Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:52:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offical launch of PhenixCoin.com  (Read 151405 times)
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:37:03 AM

I have a problem, my wallet stays (Out of sync) since yesterday. Is there a new build or something. I have transfer some PXC and they even don`t start confirming.

It's because the hash rate is so low and difficulty is so high.  This has happened with many other altcoins as well.  TRC, FRC, FTC, etc. 

Your coins will confirm, just expect it to take several hours.  Your wallet actually is in sync even though it says it is out of sync.

One of two things will happen here.
1) Either the developers choose to hard fork the coin, and adjust the difficulty algorithm; or
2) We'll just have to keep mining on the coin, and waiting until it adjusts according to its current scheme.

Originally, I was probably in favor of just waiting it out.  But it appears that the hard fork might be the more appropriate tactic to take now. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Mahav

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:33:39 AM

What's up with allpoolz shutting down?
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:15:58 AM

We are at 20% to next difficulty change...

Was mining PXC solo for 12 hours, now back on phenixmining.com Smiley
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:22:01 AM

Where do you get the number of blocks already mined? Still no block explorer around Sad

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:23:47 AM

Where do you get the number of blocks already mined? Still no block explorer around Sad

Help -> Debug -> getinfo

Then divide number of blocks by 2400 (= number of blocks between difficulty adjustment).

46081 blocks / 2400 = 19,20041666666667 = 20%
CoinEntropy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Metacoin Enthusiast

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:05:13 AM

Help -> Debug -> getinfo

Then divide number of blocks by 2400 (= number of blocks between difficulty adjustment).

I'll sell you up to 24k PXC for .002btc/k on phenixst

Hey.
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:06:57 AM

Help -> Debug -> getinfo

Thanks!

So at the current difficulty of 10.3909 and current average hashrate of approximately 30 MH/s it takes about (10.3909 * 2^32 H) / (30 MH/s) = 1488 seconds - or 25 minutes - to solve a block.

That's approximately 33 days for the remaining 80% * 2400 = 1920 blocks until the next difficulty change.

DonDe

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 07:13:39 AM

good job dude. Unfortunately I don't have the hashing power to waste on that..
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 10:30:11 AM

When you look at CoinChoose you see profitability for current price.

I guess you don't believe in PhenixCoin? You don't believe price will go up? You sell all you mine? Or do you hold? If you hold, why stop mining? Or do you mine other coins and buy back PXC?

Not just a question for you, also for others who quit mining PXC.

Smiley
MKoch

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:37:04 AM

I guess you don't believe in PhenixCoin? You don't believe price will go up? You sell all you mine? Or do you hold? If you hold, why stop mining? Or do you mine other coins and buy back PXC?

Smiley

I can just tell from my point of view... i'm currently mining with my one and only 7950 card @ ~570 KH/s. Only on PXC... for me it is also a kind of "long term" investment ... with the current prices and diff i would lose money if i sell because here i pay around 0.28$ for power ... I will just continue mining and collect as much coins as i can. Just my two cents. I'm just looking forward that we can get rid of this bad situation atm together :-) ... if more people would think like that it would over in just a view days ...
JeanCool

Activity: 224

School of Hard Knocks

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:41:09 AM

Smiley

I can just tell from my point of view... i'm currently mining with my one and only 7950 card @ ~570 KH/s. Only on PXC... for me it is also a kind of "long term" investment ... with the current prices and diff i would lose money if i sell because here i pay around 0.28$ for power ... I will just continue mining and collect as much coins as i can. Just my two cents. I'm just looking forward that we can get rid of this bad situation atm together :-) ... if more people would think like that it would over in just a view days ...

Right .. . We are put to the test lol ...Just stay strong and keep on mining, it will pay off for sure ...And thx to MaGNeT and MKoch for mining with http://phenixmining.com Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:41:37 AM

Smiley

People can't really take a risk of mining for 30days at a loss. I have left 1 miner on it since i only have 2 machines. However the other is on ltc to pay costs.

Really though the devs should have thought this out more. This coin was released after the problems with ftc and cnc and i brought it up several times at the start of this thread. This was always going to happen once the coin hit the exchange and then coinchoose.

PXC needs to get something out that far exceeds what other coins have now or else mod the diff adjust. I think with their obvious talents they can pull this coin back even after 30days however it will be a bit of a wait for those that like to see fast results. TBH if they should probably mod the dif adjust since even ltc is prone to this kind of thing if another coin started to rival it at the number 1 alt. Also since there is now lots of talk about asic for scrypt that is also a worry for these long diff adjust coins.

If they had premined a few more ( i know that's not popular) then they could offer some large bounties for those that find new blocks.....ie  4x block reward to make it profitable again in the mean time.

Either way i am still totally backing this coin to be a winner a  year from now, i just think the design was outdate from the outset and was a bad choice after seeing cnc ftc hit the same problems.

DonDe

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 10:41:54 AM

Well at the current state im selling all i mine to get the money back for equipment. In the future when it will be pure profits rather then getting the money back I will hold - but today I sell all i get. And profitability chart at current difficulty is horrible.. Therefore I cannot dedicate my hardware for such a low income.

The same goes for the future, when i will be able to afford to hold coins hoping they will boom I will, so far even the bitcoins future is questionable - alt coins 10000x more questionable, due to the fact there are tons of them and none have been actually implemented anywhere widely - just some website from devs for example.
DonDe

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 10:44:34 AM

one more thing, as soon as we break that difficulty  it will go down to back to 1 and then the profitability will skyrocket - miners will jump in, and the situation will be the same again.. 30 days of waiting, until miners will quit mining. The coin has to maintain the 0.00030 price to have miners in there..
DonDe

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 10:45:59 AM

Smiley

People can't really take a risk of mining for 30days at a loss. I have left 1 miner on it since i only have 2 machines. However the other is on ltc to pay costs.

Really though the devs should have thought this out more. This coin was released after the problems with ftc and cnc and i brought it up several times at the start of this thread. This was always going to happen once the coin hit the exchange and then coinchoose.

PXC needs to get something out that far exceeds what other coins have now or else mod the diff adjust. I think with their obvious talents they can pull this coin back even after 30days however it will be a bit of a wait for those that like to see fast results. TBH if they should probably mod the dif adjust since even ltc is prone to this kind of thing if another coin started to rival it at the number 1 alt. Also since there is now lots of talk about asic for scrypt that is also a worry for these long diff adjust coins.

If they had premined a few more ( i know that's not popular) then they could offer some large bounties for those that find new blocks.....ie  4x block reward to make it profitable again in the mean time.

Either way i am still totally backing this coin to be a winner a  year from now, i just think the design was outdate from the outset and was a bad choice after seeing cnc ftc hit the same problems.

VERY GOOD POINT. Devs could use the premined coins to bring the miners back to break this difficulty.
HuuHachu

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:46:31 AM

Smiley

Holding what I have.

Mining solo a little bit with one board (was at allpoolz but not much point to stay when pool hashrate goes below 2MH/s, also was getting blocks in a row for the pool and wanted to try my luck solo ^^).

Diversifying with my second board ... Don't have much to buy pxc for now.

noble: 9mKQpsfLeabjFsPv3YR9zYoAVymDPyfjCp
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:49:29 AM

Smiley

VERY GOOD POINT. Devs could use the premined coins to bring the miners back to break this difficulty.

actually i guess even 2.5x block reward would make it profitable again. But a lot of manual hassle for them i guess. Maybe better to give larger bounties for certain blocks like ftc did. Although as someone said this is just a temp fix and really this can happen over and over again with this design of coin.

sikman

Activity: 572
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:00:28 AM

Its still early days, I'm holding and will see what happens

PECULIUM                    [  PRIVATE SALE ~$2M PLEDGED ]
First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence     / WHITEPAPER / ANN / BOUNTY / TELEGRAM /

▓░          ░  ░░░    ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
                                  █▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▒▓██▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
             ░░░░░▒▒░░  ░░░░░░░░░▒█░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒███▓▓████████▓▓
        ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒ ░░░     ▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓██▒▓██████▓█████
     ░▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ░░░░░░▒▓▒ ░░░    ░▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██▓ ████████▒▓██▓▓
          ░░░░▒░▒▒░▒▒▒▒░▒░ ░      ▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓▓▒░████▓███▒████▓▓
      ░░░░░░░▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░       ▒▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒ █████████████  
       ░░░▒▒▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   ░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒███▓█████▓░     
      ░░░    ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓▓  ░░░ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒ ░▓██▓▒░          ░ ░
     ░░  ▒▓█████████▓▓▓▒▓░  ░░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▒░   ░░░ ░░░░     
     ░ ▓██▒▓▓▓███▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓    ░ ░▒░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒░░░░             
     ░▓█░▒██████████▓▒▒█      ░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            
    ░▓▓ ███████▓▒██▓███▒      ░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░▒░▒░▒▒░░░░░░░         
    ▒▒ ▓██▓▓██▒▓███▓███      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░            
    ▒░▒█░███▓████▓           ░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░                 
    ░ ██ ████▓▓     ▒       ░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░                    
                   ▒░      ░░ ░   ░░░░░░░░░░                      
            ░░░░░░▒▒       ░░   ░ ░  ░░░░░░░                      
          ░░░  ░░ ░         ░          ░░░░░░                     
                           ░      ░░░░░░░▒▒░                      
                                     ░░░  ░▒                      
                            ░░▒░░░      ░  ░▒                     
                    ░    ░░░░░░ ░░░▒▒░    ░░▒░                    
                    ▒▒░░░░░░   ░░    ░▒▒░░░░▒▒                    
                      ▒▒░░▒░▓███████▓ ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▒                    
                    ▓░ ░▒░░▓██████████░░▒▒▒▓▓                     
                   ▓███░░▒▒▒▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▓                      
                    ████▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░                       
                     ▓██▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░░                          
                      ▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░                               
                        ░░▓▓▓▓▓▒                                  
                         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒                                  
                          ░▒▒░▒░                                  
                          ░░   ░                                  
                          ░    ░                                  ░
                             ░░                       ░           ░
                                                      ░░        ░ ░
                         ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░     ░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░ ░ ░ ░
                       ░▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░    ░░░░░░░ ░
                      ░▒░▒▒▒▓▓▓███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░
                     ░▒▒▓▓████▓▓▒              ░▒▒▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░░░▒░▒
                    ░▒▓██▒░                ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░   ░░░░░░▒
                   ░▒▓█       ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒░▒
                  ▒▒▓█   ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                 ░░▓█    ░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░ ░░░░░        ░ ▒
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=385
MKoch

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:01:24 AM

Maybe remove the coin from coinchoose and friends ... then the next diff adjustment will have less impact because all the automatic and not so up to date coin switcher wont jump to fast on the coin. Then also the devs would have a bit more time to think about a solution ... i know that it is not the best solution to "hide" a coin from the public, but maybe it would bring just a bit of stability before there is a final workaround ...
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:04:00 AM

Maybe remove the coin from coinchoose and friends ... then the next diff adjustment will have less impact because all the automatic and not so up to date coin switcher wont jump to fast on the coin. Then also the devs would have a bit more time to think about a solution ... i know that it is not the best solution to "hide" a coin from the public, but maybe it would bring just a bit of stability before there is a final workaround ...

the devs need to look at my coin ideas https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=226582.20

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: