Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:51:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will digital currency ever replace paper money?
Yes - 206 (51.6%)
No - 193 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 399

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think digital currency will ever replace paper money?  (Read 11172 times)
fade400

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:40:10 PM

Between fiat and crypto, I'm not sure. Between paper and digital, I think we have already come to this point in time where the speed and efficiency of credit cards have taken over cash transactions. If retail stores could stop dealing with fractions of a dollar so that I might never have to hold onto change, I might use cash more. If credit cards didn't offer lucrative deals on points and airline miles, they may not be as attractive either.
jasonhart

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:58:12 PM

No way, we can have both the physical fiat money and digital currency in the future working together and not a replacement. Government control finance where fiat comes from, but government cant control bitcoin.BTC Maybe in the near future will see government with their own official cryptocurrency.
Daveeoff

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:52:43 PM

Governments aint giving their paper money for digital ones. At least not anytime soon.
SergeYak

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:07:32 PM

Someday it gonna happen at my opinion but it's very difficult and hard process and many people will not be satisfied. Digital currency is much better but still need to do some work on it.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:13:57 PM

I see there are higher chances of digital currency will be accepted globally in the coming years. The more the technology awareness grows the usage of digital currency will also grow rapidly and we can turn into paperless and become the fastest growing economies as well. I also see the usage of digital currencies in todays date is also more what it was few years ago. I m happy to see all getting used to technology.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:16:52 PM

In near future it is very much possible, due to govt regulation and centralized currency problem. We are not very far from it, to be honest, may be within 10 years, we might start to see the revolution, and people might start using their own currency which will be exciting, in mean time might got out of control too. so you never know.

Piterg

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:47:20 PM

Looked now vote 50 to 50. How strange it is to see if it's honest. I believe that the crypto world is only being created, there will still be ubiquitous applications of this technology not only in the financial sphere. Uniquely fiat money will go away crypto currency will win, the question is only time, just see how the crypt develops, growth in exponential progression
CryptoChanel

Activity: 102
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:19:49 PM

For sure digital currency will replace paper money, because this is exactly the plan government have. I am afraid therefore that that digital money WON'T be Bitcoin.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
gamechain

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:52:02 AM

I dont believe that this kind of scenario is possible to happen right now or in the near future. There is always balance in this world like the yin and yang you can not use it in a place where there is no internet connection.

Because digital currency has the advantages of lower issuance costs, lower transaction costs, traceability and higher counterfeiting cost than paper currency, the future of digital currency is a trend.
Reuben89

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:54:48 AM

I think this is the sole reason why digital currency are made - to replace the physical currency. If you are quite aware, there are more and more services accepts digital money.Bitcoin is like a medium of exchange and payment instruments such as gold, diamonds, banknotes, stocks, commodities whose value is a general consensus of public acceptance and trust.
ArloArlo

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:57:58 AM

All things we incur right now is preparation to a new world , One evidence of adaptation is the presence of credit cards, which is already practiced by big cities/urban areas, and then the sprouting. Bitcoin has a key role in this revolution and it replaces the fiat money. There might be centralization of bitcoin if this thing happens since there are some power hunger nations or a family that wants to own it for some hidden agenda.
HugoHugo2

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:01:19 AM

People are going into technology so much that they surely would start using crypto currencies like BTC , but yes obviously their have stopped be some changes, and the countries also have to make themselves developed, as poeple should atleast have basic knowledge about using smartphone to operate their wallets, As innovation and technology advances, we are making things more convenient, that's why all things are being replaced with a more easier way to do so.
Tuare aget

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:05:43 AM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

What do you guys think? Wink

Do you include digital fiat money (like USD) under digital currencies? Because I do think we are heading towards a cashless society. I very rarely use cash myself. Countries like Sweden have already made quite a lot of progress on that front.

But many bitcoiners also believe that BTC and other cryptocurrencies will replace fiat money. I have a hard time believing that. As long as governments exist, they will demand that their fiat money be accepted.

No I was not referring to fiat money, but I do get your point on governments controlling it. Even if it does eventually extinguish it won't be anytime soon.

Government controlling is the main reason of fiat money will always exist forever as long as government also exist.
The second thing  fiat money is much more easier to use in ofine in small shop rather than cryptocurrency.
Angela567

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:45:55 AM

I do not think so. Real money can coexist with digital money. Each country needs real money to balance economic and trade markets. As a more convenient way, digital money exists to make the country's economy develop in balance.
cepedacharles29

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:55:23 AM

Yes I think it's obviously possible that digital currency will take the place of paper money.Because now a days peoples are much dependent on digital currency more than cash And since were now at modern technologies and technologies are invading already in our society today so I think it wouldn't that far enough that BTC would replace paper money....
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:05:56 AM

I do think it is a possibility but I don't think it is actually a good idea. With paper money unless it is an obvious forgery you are never going to get refused when you wish to buy goods. Who knows what could happen when a computer is controlling your rights to purchase those groceries?

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
orenjebum

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:24:06 AM

Crypto currency is a digital currency that has been created through cryptography and the main attraction of the use of crypto currency is anonymity and lower cost. Digital currency is the currency that represents the fiat currency used to transfer between banks, but in general, digital currency has a high cost from the bank and can be traced completely
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:37:26 AM

Really possible, but in my opinion this is a lot more possible when talking about countries like The United States, Australia, and other first world countries. I don't see this happening to 3rd world countries or even poorer countries due to poverty; the poor crowd couldn't even afford food and basic commodities, what more a mobile device to transact bitcoin with? My guess is that both fiat money and cryptocurrency will both be used. If digital currency would replace  fiat money I don't see it happening in this lifetime.
Actually, there is a chance that digital currency or cryptocurrency will replace paper money as a real money that can be used in all kind of transactions. As of now there are country starting to legalized digital currency and they also used as money so that I think there is a big chance that it would happen in the near future.
Jingjess

Activity: 336

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:43:15 AM

I don't think so, we will have both physical and digital currency in the future but not a replacement
I think that there is possibility that digital currency will replace paper money because we are slowly adopting technologies in our society,and even some other countries,they are already using digital currency as a means of  payments for products or goods or even services.

Hypnosis00

Activity: 2366
Merit: 342

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:16:37 AM

As of the mean time, the paper money will stay and it will not get replaced by the digital currencies because it is too early for us to replace those paper money because they are still working very well and they are doing their own job so there is no reason for the paper money to get replaced and the digital currencies will also do its thing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: