Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:28:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it possible?  (Read 5876 times)
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:23:38 PM

it already is, however only between geeks and crypto-lovers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 12:51:31 PM

Can bitcoin be the world's currency?

It think not because the total number of coin is capped and it would have a hard time supplying it worlwide though I believe that there is a great possibility for bitcoin to be the main currency used worlwide in every internet transactions and most services. Each world's currencies has history backing it up and it carries its national identity in the market and economy status which I think is another barrier if bitcoins was to be classified as a world currency unless every nations become one then maybe it may really happen in the future.

LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 02:41:47 PM

For me it is a NO because bitcoin has only a 21 million supply and it will not be enough to use by all the people around the world. Unlike fiat money that you can produce anytime you like, if bitcoin reached the 21M its the limit. Another problem is the slow transaction. Some transactions if not all are too slow sometimes it takes many hour or days.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Wilfrer

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:48:39 PM

I think it would be very hard for Bitcoin to become the world's currency if it was not corrected. The adjustment here is the decentralization, if you keep the essence of it, almost no one will be able to control or manage it. Since then the social evils are increasing, the economy is in serious crisis. So it may be a revolution to re-adjust Bitcoin or create a new digital signature that replaces it completely.

trinhdinhthang20007

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:52:22 PM

I think it would be very hard for Bitcoin to become the world's currency if it was not corrected. The adjustment here is the decentralization, if you keep the essence of it, almost no one will be able to control or manage it. Since then the social evils are increasing, the economy is in serious crisis. So it may be a revolution to re-adjust Bitcoin or create a new digital signature that replaces it completely.
That is probably inevitable. But with the digital age of today, the BTC becomes a world currency is entirely possible.
assyla

Activity: 319

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:19:16 PM

I think it is a big yes, bitcoin can be a world's currency because of its value and because of its popularity and everyone wants to use it just like me.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:40:00 PM

I believe so. Actually if you haven't noticed yet, btc can be considered a world's currency already. Wherever you are in the world it can be accepted by people who knows it and is also investing/trading in it. If you have bitcoins there's no need to worry wherever you go especially in a place that it is widely accepted. You don't have to go to a money exchange if you are in a different country that only accepts their own currency. It's only a matter of time for it to be officially considered as world's currency. But don't be confused here. My statements are solely for btc acceptance globally and not to replace any currency because that will really take too long to happen.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Masterio

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:46:10 PM

I don't believe that it will be the main source of money, but it can be among the top ones.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:35:31 AM

It think not because the total number of coin is capped and it would have a hard time supplying it worlwide though I believe that there is a great possibility for bitcoin to be the main currency used worlwide in every internet transactions and most services. Each world's currencies has history backing it up and it carries its national identity in the market and economy status which I think is another barrier if bitcoins was to be classified as a world currency unless every nations become one then maybe it may really happen in the future.
It can be possible only when all countries legalize it and provide a stable connection of internet to the far flung areas of their land, educate people about bitcoin and let their institutions and restaurants and shops to accept in bitcoin, though bitcoin is easy to be transferred gives quick and high results but internet provision is necessary for all this.

With its popularity and use the problem of internet will also be solved and then its golden era will begin in which bitcoin will lead all other currencies
mycryptobiz

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 12:06:35 PM

No absolutely not.
There will be always some people to oppose this .
Also what about other crypto currency ?
Like dash which is way more advanced than bitcoin if you see the technical side.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:30:38 PM

Not in the near future
We've been using fiat for a lot of decades, it is surely tough to beat
The other problem is bitcoin cannot be reissued unlike fiat, it will be to damn expensive as world population grows

fianaindriati

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:35:29 PM

I think it is a big yes, bitcoin can be a world's currency because of its value and because of its popularity and everyone wants to use it just like me.

in my opinion, it could be bitcoin into world currency. but bitcoins have to face obstacles in the past as world currencies.
lenj

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:40:26 PM

No. I dont think that bitcoin can really to be world currency.
Bitcoin has big power i know, but its not enough to make it as the world currency.
khokon150

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:43:05 PM

Possible but something it is very difficult at this moment.There are many debates about Bitcoin is legal or illegal i know it is not legal for all countries only some countries have got legitimacy my idea as much.
a4techer

Activity: 552

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:48:00 PM

I thought yes because when you research some of information someday you the cryptocurrency was declare one world currency which is we didnt use any hard copy money or any country money was remove and it change the cryptocurrency to be come a one world currency and every country using this kind of coins.
LigwagGanern

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:52:41 PM

For me, bitcoin is a currency. But it will not become the world's currency, because I am sure that the government will not approve to become bitcoin a world's currency. Because bitcoin is an online currency or digital currency, it cannot touch by your hands only your online account (online wallet) can touch it. As long as bitcoin is TAX FREE the government will never approve to become it as the world's currency.
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:54:51 PM

Maybe but i think it will take years or maybe a century to make this happen because for now the whole world is not ready of this type of transaction in which all the people will need to learn the digital technologies and computer literacy so that they could do digital transactions in which vital for the digital currencies. Most nations specially the 3rd world countries are cant afford to pay such education and technology advancement for their use as we know technologies are always for sell if a certain country will going to learn such advancement.
Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:09:57 PM

I don't think so. First of all, there are lots of currencies from different countries. Also, it is not yet even recognized and legal to most of the countries. And knowing that it is decentralized, i highly doubt that it will be the world's currency. I am thinking that it will coexist with regular currencies in the future but won't be the only currency to be used because that's really impossible for the world to have only one currency.
Dudy

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:12:21 PM

I don't think so because government will not allow this to happen
Isaacck1

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:20:05 PM

Currently not, but it has a possibility. On my opinion, bitcoin is now currently a world currency since we are exchanging in bitcoins. We use bitcoin as a mode of payment here. But still, it is not yet accepted by the majority given its predicament. We can think of it as a currency for a certain lobby or we could say the main in a game, where players are from different countries gather.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: