Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:50:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when prices are falling  (Read 46479 times)
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:16:02 PM

When prices are falling its a best point to purchase bitcoins.  Meanwhile do market survey of bitcoin.  Patience are very important in this journey because it may takes time to rise the bitcoin price.  Many times immediate fluctuations may observed.  The time when you observe continue rising in price at the same time you may sale it and you will het maximum profit.  And if you observe for longer time that prices are same then dnt get disappointed.  Keep patience.  And wait for right time.  Definitely it wil increase.
Take the fall as an opportunity to buy more and to introduce it to friends so the can be able to purchase some, qe all know that it can rise soon ,so why bother too much. Hold onto it and know soon it will be a worthwhile.
- Well, of course this is a very good opportunity to buy more bitcoin, we will make a lot of profit when the price of bitcoin is pumped back. With myself, if I do not have the money to buy more bitcoin, I would turn off the computer, go to sleep or dating with friends, I just look at the price of bitcoin once a day, spending too much time observing the price of bitcoin will make us very frightened when we see the price of bitcoin continuously decrease. We should believe in Bitcoin, believe in our investment choices

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:08:37 PM

wait for big drop and then buy it.
Singbatak

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:09:08 AM

If you can not afford to consider reducing the amount of your bitcoins or altcoins you sell it. But we know that we are going to lose it. So the better you do is holdings here even if the amount of bitcoins has dropped it will also increase just days. Your only opponent here is patience and your emotions because of the fact that when you take it you can make a decision you do not think about. It's a good idea to study market movements. Because once it's been read first and you know its trend. you will not worry about what you will do if the bitcoins fail even once.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:48:17 AM

When prices are falling its a best point to purchase bitcoins.  Meanwhile do market survey of bitcoin.  Patience are very important in this journey because it may takes time to rise the bitcoin price.  Many times immediate fluctuations may observed.  The time when you observe continue rising in price at the same time you may sale it and you will het maximum profit.  And if you observe for longer time that prices are same then dnt get disappointed.  Keep patience.  And wait for right time.  Definitely it wil increase.
Take the fall as an opportunity to buy more and to introduce it to friends so the can be able to purchase some, qe all know that it can rise soon ,so why bother too much. Hold onto it and know soon it will be a worthwhile.
- Well, of course this is a very good opportunity to buy more bitcoin, we will make a lot of profit when the price of bitcoin is pumped back. With myself, if I do not have the money to buy more bitcoin, I would turn off the computer, go to sleep or dating with friends, I just look at the price of bitcoin once a day, spending too much time observing the price of bitcoin will make us very frightened when we see the price of bitcoin continuously decrease. We should believe in Bitcoin, believe in our investment choices
I agree, investing to bitcoin account is the best way to increase income and when bitcoin value fell down I think the better we can do is to hold it and wait until bitcoin recover their price. In the other side I think investing into other coins is a good option.
rushel22

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:55:14 AM

If prices are falling, then for me, I need to hold my bitcoin until such time that the price will rise again so I can gain in the future.
lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:17:24 AM

I agree, investing to bitcoin account is the best way to increase income and when bitcoin value fell down I think the better we can do is to hold it and wait until bitcoin recover their price. In the other side I think investing into other coins is a good option.
If the bitcoin price is falling I'm gonna transfer it to my savings into other altcoin. Because I'm sure that if it happen price of altcoin were raising up.
radhekrishna

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:32:39 AM

Bitcoin investment need patience so it does not matter in falling and raising of price, if you want to be successful you have to take risk for instance after china ban ISO of bitcoins money price fall but suddenly it raise high. Invent you money for one year in it just by forgetting anything you will find results after that
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:33:48 AM

If prices are falling, then for me, I need to hold my bitcoin until such time that the price will rise again so I can gain in the future.

Best choice that you can do when the price is falling is this. I agree with him that you just have to hold your bitcoin as there will be possibility that it will rise again.

wait for big drop and then buy it.

And while you are holding don't forget and let the chance of buying again pass through you.
roomfirst

Activity: 516
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:36:28 AM

Gather many informations about why the price of bitcoin are falling like that and if that news cause a big impact and makes bitcoin will fall more, just sell all your bitcoins directly before the price fall again. After that, just wait until everything calm down and start buying bitcoin again before the price start increase. I always do this though and it works.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 08:23:49 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

for me bro just hold or buy support on the dip so could gain some more profit if it goes up thats why in my porfolio im always saving some btc for the this kind of market.
sounds good, doesn't work. we don't really know when exactly is the right time to buy nor to sell so your advice is rather useless and unrealistic, frankly. people could just do buy and sell based on the current floating rumours and news. they could make their own profit out of it and it's really worth the time. not that "buy in the dip" nonsense advice.
Buying in dip is not nonsense advice mate and for someone with a hero account ought to know so much about bitcoin price movement. To be honest with you usmanov123, it never too late for you to make up for those years you should have invested into bitcoin but you need to watch the price movement closely before you buy,for me I think you can buy some bitcoin now and earn while you work it when you're ateast Jr Member.

Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:52:43 AM

As a crypto OG I will let you in on a secret.  All these coins have cycles.  It took me a bit to figure it out but theres one rule to winning and its very simple.  

DO NOT SELL AT A LOSS

Just don't.  Unless you desperately need the BTC to sell for fiat, just hold.  I can't even count how many times I got burned in my early days by panic selling.  You are playing to exactly what they want you to do.  Imagine crypto as one gigantic manipulated game.  We are just mere pawns to some of the whales, but if you have some patience and an iron hand, it usually works out.  In fact I can't think of one coin that I would NOT have made money by holding.  XRP, LSK, CLOAK just to name a few.  

Think of it like this.  Whales usually have large stacks that they got super cheap (or free).  They dump the price waaaayyyyy down to get Ol' Johnny Boy (you) to think their investment is lost and they better cut their losses and get back what they can.  WRONG!  You should be buying small amounts all the way down.  Eventually, it WILL go up as long as the coin has an active dev team and at least some community interest.  

If my average price is high and I can afford it, I will usually buy the dips.  Small amounts all the way down.  Lower that average entry price.  Then HODL.

I have a Google spreadsheet I make with all my buys on it so I can see my average price.  Then I have it auto query the current price from an exchange.  This way I can keep track of my P/L across multiple coins and exchanges in one sheet.

2nd big rule is diversify your bonds nucka.  Don't put everything in one basket.  You WILL lose on some coins (temporarily) but win on some.  It helps you see an overall picture of your P/L and give you more faith to hold through some losses.

Hope that helps a little!

Thank you, I wish I read it in my early days. Solid post.

I would like to modify it for you. Hope you will like it. When prices are falling, the only thing you need to do is buy more...
This is what smart people do. One more thing that I would like to add is, take this action if you are going for bitcoins, for others do it on your own risk.
Jibit

Activity: 211

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:27:29 AM

If you can sell first. just hold. turn off everything and watch some movie and relax
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:47:01 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).
The fact that you had been watching bitcoin since 2015, you should have know what to do by now. Bitcoin price will surely fall during corrections, bad news, and US holidays, but after the people had tasted some profits, they will get back to BTC for sure.

SO WHAT TO DO when prices are falling? - if you want to taste some gains then you better sell your coins, then wait for the bottom and buy back. However, if you don't want to feel any stress at all then just sit back and chill. Price will surely bounce upwards soon. I'm not a hype for bitcoin but I surely did trust my future with it. but again - CAVEAT!
smile1218

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:01:39 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

If i we're on your shoes i will hold the coins that are in my possession and take advantage of the low price and buy some more if you know the rules of cost averaging you can apply it on your investments. Before i do used to panic when i see the market goes down but i am used to it now I will hold for it and I will set my target goal so that i will have an indication when to sell my investments.

ArrogantPeacock

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:17:35 AM

you can't really predict the market.. falling prices is a natural process of all markets and you have unfortunately to ride the wave
it will come back up eventually
rangnatht

Activity: 588
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:26:21 AM

I think the best strategy is that don't be panic when you saw price is keep down.. When price is 100 percent down then you should buy more. . And then hold it.... When price is keep going down you have opportunity to buy more... But don't buy so fast because usually when price is keep going down so you don't know how much it's still falling so beetter to wait... Or put some buy order at the lowest price... Also do some research about coin too.. So best things you can do that buy more and more hold.... Or you can sell in loss..
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:35:47 AM

If you can sell first. just hold. turn off everything and watch some movie and relax
That won't work for people not being able to control themselves. People panic for a reason, and this can't be put aside by them no matter how hard they try.

Common reasons are that they invest with money that isn't meant to invest with, that they get involved into leverage trading while they shouldn't, heavily over-invest because of overconfidence, and the list goes on.

These people should just withdraw themselves from this market by selling everything they have, and from there focus on keeping their money safely in their savings account ~ this market shows no mercy.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:53:22 AM

you can't really predict the market.. falling prices is a natural process of all markets and you have unfortunately to ride the wave
it will come back up eventually
Some believing in the rumor and that can be a good sign to predict the future of the market. I mean like some people are believing with the fact that chinese will try to anounce about the banned of the ico.
And for some reason not all of the price falls can be determined as the natural process.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
gtglener

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:36:03 PM

Don't turn off your computer, as some people ask to do. The first thing to do is to identify the causes of the crash, check if the sources are reliable, and evaluate the possibility that the price may continue to fall.
If the odds are high, it may be better to sell. Otherwise, be patient and wait for a price rebound.
I like your idea because this will make us make the correct decision before selling or buying and this is not widely applied in exchange because they tend to wait for the next pumping or sell immediately.
What I do is that I start buying bitcoins as much as I can because I know that bit coins are exponentially growing crypto currency, may be today they have lost their value but in future they will be the most expensive currency to trade and that will be the best time for me to start selling them for profits.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:57:06 AM

Don't turn off your computer, as some people ask to do. The first thing to do is to identify the causes of the crash, check if the sources are reliable, and evaluate the possibility that the price may continue to fall.
If the odds are high, it may be better to sell. Otherwise, be patient and wait for a price rebound.
Exactly not all the time every fall coins need to buy that is right much better to check make some short study why is it fall and if the reason why is it fall on that price and if you predict that it can be or have some possibility ro rise again them this is the time you can buy that coin.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: