Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:07:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17261 times)
dannyjr89

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:50:26 PM

Definitely not. Crypto does not need btc to survive. If btc ever were to die, one other coin would take the crown and replace it. Kind of like how businesses work, one dies then another takes over. In our case it may be a couple of different coins taking btc's place.

You'll see new regulated exchange sites supporting the different currencies, kind of like coinbase. When they're easy to purchase straight from your bank account, btc won't be needed.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:00:48 AM

Definitely not of bitcoins dies altcoins won't died.Bitcoins dying won't affect altcoins that hard.Crypto currencies don't need bitcoins to carry on its only the best crypto currency.Instead a crpytocurrency will replace bitcoins most possible ethereum which is best coin after bitcoins.Crpyto currency as whole to die is pretty impossible because a new crypto currency can be developed to replace a empty spot left by bitcoins and then it would become king of crypto market.
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:11:57 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 12:32:40 AM by Paid Piper

Definitely not of bitcoins dies altcoins won't died.Bitcoins dying won't affect altcoins that hard.Crypto currencies don't need bitcoins to carry on its only the best crypto currency.Instead a crpytocurrency will replace bitcoins most possible ethereum which is best coin after bitcoins.Crpyto currency as whole to die is pretty impossible because a new crypto currency can be developed to replace a empty spot left by bitcoins and then it would become king of crypto market.

but to me i think bitcoin is not going to die and will remain as number one crypto currency of the world. in fact bitcoin is the need of the time and specially the new generation is giving more importance to bitcoin because they consider bitcoin as more easy to use as compare to fiat currency.
Dobmader

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:22:17 PM

I don't think Bitcoin will die, but even if it would, i don't think it would cause the death of altcoins. In this case, some altcoins would take the place of BTC IMO. But i'm not an expert and my theory includes a fair amount of wishful thinking.Cheesy
I am very sure bitcoin will increase more and more in the future and one day it will make the other currencies disappear, for sure bitcoin is the money of the ere and it is the best income resource. Then how can w think that bitcoin will die and other coins are not connected to bitcoin. Bitcoin has its own individual value and the recognition so it is better to think positive about bitcoin and try to earn from it as much as you can.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:24:36 PM

Depends exactly on why bitcoin would die and what made it die, its a shame that if bitcoin dips the altcoins dip too and vice versa is also true when bitcoin goes up altcoins go up, there should be another system where altcoins with their good projects are not depending on bitcoin because the volitality makes it harder and not good to use.
But I dont really think that if bitcoin dies altcoins will die, people are really serious with their solid projects and want to get in in real life use and make it work in real world.

machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:26:18 PM

I think yes, bitcoin is a very powerful crypto, if the most powerful coin falling down, the trust from the users and investors will also go down and that can caused the decreasing number of people using crypto currencies and if the effect happen for a long time then crypto can be wiped out
Crytpozer0

Activity: 148

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:29:34 PM

Totally agree when if bitcoin dies the trust and sphere around cryptocurrency will be negative since bitcoin is supposed to be powerfull and not breakable

Franzinatr

Activity: 389
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:30:56 PM

If bitcoin will die, some newer altcoin will suffer and die to due to their 0$ usd value and still need to convert it to bitcoin. Popular altcoin like ETH, Dash, Monero, Doge and Bitcoincash will takes place.

Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:46:58 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

I think it's possible, although there are a lot of good alternatives in the market, but bitcoin is the first one and almost all altcoins depend on Bitcoin for it's value, the majority of altcoins will be useless once Bitcoin dies.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:00:12 PM

I am very sure bitcoin will increase more and more in the future and one day it will make the other currencies disappear, for sure bitcoin is the money of the ere and it is the best income resource. Then how can w think that bitcoin will die and other coins are not connected to bitcoin. Bitcoin has its own individual value and the recognition so it is better to think positive about bitcoin and try to earn from it as much as you can.
bitcoin will never die. maybe until all altcoin has disappeared then bitcoin will still exist. bitcoin is the most popular digital currency and also the largest at the moment. and if it happens then the digital currency will not mean because everything is based on bitcoin. but this is impossible and I'm sure bitcoin will continue to grow and its use increases every year.
werner52911

Activity: 457
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:02:37 PM

The greatest danger to the BTC could be a general ban on governments for cryptanions and exchanges. The technology of block chains will not die. The governments themselves could therefore come up with the idea to invent their own digital currency. This would give them what they want, centralization and control.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:15:21 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
I think it won't but it will benefit altcoin. Most of the demand went to Bitcoin that made its value expensive and its community larger. Which also made Bitcoin the no.1 cryptocurrency for a long time. And ofcourse, if Bitcoin will die, they'd find something closely profitable to Bitcoin which is altcoins that will make the market demand for alts, high. So maybe, it won't die if Bitcoin will be dead.

Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:35:13 PM

Dead is a very subjective word:

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/

It sure is dead here today...
Words, words and just big words! Now that you have sent a link demonstrating the death of bitcoins, I can send you some links back regarding bitcoin, the future currency but I won't because this debate will be a bogus one. They say it has died 159 times but it is still here which means it has the capacity to reborn again with greater potential.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:43:36 PM

Dead is a very subjective word:

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/

It sure is dead here today...
Words, words and just big words! Now that you have sent a link demonstrating the death of bitcoins, I can send you some links back regarding bitcoin, the future currency but I won't because this debate will be a bogus one. They say it has died 159 times but it is still here which means it has the capacity to reborn again with greater potential.

Exactly, Bitcoin is evergreen and keeps getting rejuvenated no matter the obstacles of negative propaganda thrown at it from the media circus. These links are sure somebody's evil creation on a blog that he's attempted to lure us into reading. No chance!
albertvert

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:46:50 PM

but to me i think bitcoin is not going to die and will remain as number one crypto currency of the world.

Bitcoin is the best place to inverse. So it will not depend on other value of altcoin. Bitcoin is the legendary of all altcoin. So it will survive till the planet earth is survive. It value may change today due to some external factors. But it will not reduce to the value of 4000$.bitcoin is stable at 4000$.
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:21:58 PM

I think yes, bitcoin is a very powerful crypto, if the most powerful coin falling down, the trust from the users and investors will also go down and that can caused the decreasing number of people using crypto currencies and if the effect happen for a long time then crypto can be wiped out
The price of all the alt coins will fall to the ground simply because all of the coins are traded against bitcoin and if the price of bitcoin goes down ,so does the alt coin market,so if there is no bitcoin there is no alt coin market and i am sure there wont be a time when there is nothing like this happening in a distant future,even if the new ICO market shuts down,the coins which are in existence will continue.
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:00:02 PM

The greatest danger to the BTC could be a general ban on governments for cryptanions and exchanges. The technology of block chains will not die. The governments themselves could therefore come up with the idea to invent their own digital currency. This would give them what they want, centralization and control.
I think it will be too bad, and bitcoin will lose a lot of his advantages by this control of government. I didn't like this idea, because it affect negatively in bitcoin and also in the price too, bitcoin like now is better than it will be controlled.
Anyways, If one day bitcoin will die, i don't think that other altcoins will die too. I think it will be a new cryptocurrency take the place of bitcoin.

Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:03:55 PM

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.
Thank you for your answers.
I also think if bitcoin dies because of loss of attraction and consumers. ETH will take over Bitcoin because we know that ETH is the most popular after Bitcoin. how do you think about that?
I also think that if bitcoin dies for reasons unrelated to the vulnerability of this crypto currency, then the place of the leader of the crypto currency will take the etherium rightfully. This is a reliable and promising coin.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 03:11:48 AM

Truly said about bitcoin and altcoin relation. Altcoin can never withstand in the crypto world without bitcoin in place because of the trades that are done are against the bitcoin /altcoin pair. Rarely people go for direct USD or other local currency as it is not worth it. The future would be dark unless and until there is no other coin which takes the place of bitcoin. I'm thinking or in true sense I fear that bitcoin cash can be the one taking the place of king and ruling the crypto world if by any chance bitcoin vanishes. Though it is altcoin but not to forget that it has more advantages over the other and it is result of bitcoin split too. If this coin wouldn't have been there then altcoin could have seen dark ages or few of them might have risen like great investment. Anything can happen and that's the crypto world, very uncertain.
uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:17:50 AM

I don't think Altcoins will die if Bitcoin dies. From the name itself, it is an alternative coin. So if bitcoin will be long gone, we can still use Altcoins. If bitcoin actually dies, then there's a great possibility that Altcoins will rise. Demands on Altcoins will surely increase. People will have no choice to use Altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: