Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:33:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17259 times)
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:26:59 AM

No, I think that altcoin won't die. There are many altcoins around, and some of them are extremely large. Some of them are not even based on a block network. They have their own algorithm, and therefore I believe that if bitkoin dies, it will be just a day when all the altcoins will grow and become stronger and stronger
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:38:09 AM

No, I think that altcoin won't die. There are many altcoins around, and some of them are extremely large. Some of them are not even based on a block network. They have their own algorithm, and therefore I believe that if bitkoin dies, it will be just a day when all the altcoins will grow and become stronger and stronger

I dont really agree that altcoin well not die because altcoin is only one of the branches in bitcoin and i believe that if the tree will die the branches will also die and that was really tbe reality even a verry simple way of thinking well also think that altcoin will also die maybe people didnt believe on it because they really want to earn in cryptocurrency.
Loopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:09:47 PM

I agree with you because if Bitcoin dies it will open up a wonderful opportunity for alt to grow at a high price beyond Bitcoin Wink
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:13:57 PM

I dont really agree that altcoin well not die because altcoin is only one of the branches in bitcoin and i believe that if the tree will die the branches will also die and that was really tbe reality even a verry simple way of thinking well also think that altcoin will also die maybe people didnt believe on it because they really want to earn in cryptocurrency.
Ethereum and Bitcoin brings different demand, there's people who fanatic to ETH and BTC aswell, that's why each of them have the community and it's what keeping the demands
if bitcoin die, the other alt like ETH will simply taking over the thrones and leading to be the biggest market cap coin, the capitals from btc also will move to ETH.
so the conclusion, if bitcoin just suddenly die, the other alts will not going to die, also there's so many tokens that deployed from ETH smart contract not bitcoin's

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ismadanniel

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:36:54 AM

it might be because the main exchanges are alt/btc so if btc price down 50% after gov bann definately people will sell their alt to prevent from drop price
wisdomcn

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:38:00 AM

Well I don't figure Bitcoin will bite the dust, however regardless of whether it happens that bitcoin pass on, the vast majority of alternate altcoins will be kick the bucket as well. From the current drop in cost of bitcoin likewise influenced the cost of some different coins as well. Which demonstrates that the get by of some altcoins is controlled by bitcoin.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:41:28 AM

Yes, because all altcoins is transferrable to bitcoins and only bitcoins are transferrable to real money
CryptoLoverz

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:44:34 AM

no i think. if bitcoin die, other coin will replace bitcoin place and maybe can be number one like bitcoin. if bitcoin die, we need coin that can touch the moon like bitcoin. so they will make it happen.
but, bitcoin can die easily because if it out of stock they will add the supply again. maybe
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:02:04 PM

We can just conclude like that. Some altcoins are different from bitcoin in terms of their use cases. Sure since bitcoin has the largest share of the market capitalization, the cryptocurrency market will suffer so much, but only then will we begin to see the genuine altcoins that are here to stay. The prices of altcoins then would be proportional to their value.
Now, I think altcoins rising prices is due to bitcoin's influence. Once that is removed, the coins will be valued for what they can offer and not just mere speculations.

Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:08:04 PM

Ethereum and Bitcoin brings different demand, there's people who fanatic to ETH and BTC aswell, that's why each of them have the community and it's what keeping the demands
if bitcoin die, the other alt like ETH will simply taking over the thrones and leading to be the biggest market cap coin, the capitals from btc also will move to ETH.
so the conclusion, if bitcoin just suddenly die, the other alts will not going to die, also there's so many tokens that deployed from ETH smart contract not bitcoin's
but for my opinion it may always depends on what are the reason of bitcoins die for cause if the reason are may affect the altcoin this is were that if bitcoin die the altcoin may too.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:27:39 PM

i dont think they will die, but they will suffer a lot. And the task of establishing crypto in the world will be strongly delayed
Well! I don’t think so bitcoin is going to wipe out form the crypto market easily. It is the oldest currency in the market of its type and is called the leader of digital world more precisely crypto market. Bitcoin has yet not bloomed at peak and people are predicting it to be the upcoming international currency. As far as altcoins are concerned, they are totally dependent on bitcoin. With destruction of bitcoin, they will die as well.
superloy

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

#1 ICO on a Global eCommerce Ecosystem! Worldwide

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 12:36:13 PM

If ever someone can sabotage Bitcoin core then almost Crypto-Currencies will be affected because Blockchain System isn't secured anymore.

superloy

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

#1 ICO on a Global eCommerce Ecosystem! Worldwide

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 12:38:12 PM

i dont think they will die, but they will suffer a lot. And the task of establishing crypto in the world will be strongly delayed
Well! I don’t think so bitcoin is going to wipe out form the crypto market easily. It is the oldest currency in the market of its type and is called the leader of digital world more precisely crypto market. Bitcoin has yet not bloomed at peak and people are predicting it to be the upcoming international currency. As far as altcoins are concerned, they are totally dependent on bitcoin. With destruction of bitcoin, they will die as well.

But for now, there is no way for Bitcoin to die because the community of developers don't stop looking for possible attacks and penetrations.

Nold

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

quarkchain.io

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:42:47 PM

Bitcoin gave life to the world of cryptocurrency. BTC essential in this world. If he dies, it will be a difficult period for crypto, but it will not change anything. ETH means a lot to people's lives, so the Ethereum will be live
Lodi0808

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:43:56 PM

Straight forward answer is yes. Bitcoin is like the heart and blockchain is the brain who computes all the data/transaction. So anyone between the two dies. Everything else will follow.
gslgroup

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:45:37 PM

I believe that if Bitcoin sieze to exist that will not mean the end of altcoins. There are really cool projects, which have a huge growth potential.
378budiman

Activity: 299

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:53:13 PM

You think if bitcoin dies because of loss of attraction and consumers. ETH will take over Bitcoin because we know that ETH is the most popular after Bitcoin.
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:53:27 PM

I only think of a limited scenarios in which Altcoins won't die along with Bitcoin and that is when all Bitcoin holders have migrated or shift into the next big cryptocurrency available, but that is of only Bitcoin failed by itself. But if the government have dofferent views otherwise then Bitcoin and other altcoins will die together because Bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency in terms of market share, and other are only trading altcoins to earn Bitcoin in the process.
The total eradication of bitcoin will surely affect the existing other altcoin since most of them depend on bitcoin as being the strongest cryptocurrency in the digital market. If the government will ban bitcoin from the market and dies eventually, along with it other altcoin will die, unless bitcoin holder transfer their coins to a much stronger crypto that is allowed to circle in the market by the government.
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:12:24 PM

in my opinion, if bitcoin dies then most of altcoin will also die (if the altcoin can only be traded with bitcoin only). maybe people will look for alternatives to search for altcoin trading center referrals, may be able to move using ETH, WAVES, or maybe with USD. There will be alternatives, but I'm not sure if this will last long.
AMHURSICKUS

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:38:25 PM

If bitcon die, i think it will not make altcoin die also. If bitcoin will die all bitcoin users will switch to altcoin, because there many promising altcoin that has potentials. But still i don't think bitcoin will die so just stay calm and enjoy bitcoin.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: