Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:52:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EventChain ⚡Solving Ticketing Problems on the Blockchain  (Read 48082 times)
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:19:36 AM

dev nice job on alpha release. looks nice. https://alpha.eventchain.io

Good i checking it now, and is still in alpha alright, though very simple, it even has a faucet for eth and EVC, wish it was real, XD, anyway, is a little slow for now, and very easy to use, though it needs some I candy stuff, for now, it looks too amateur, it need more color, anyway, is an alpha, so for now is working, good job team Cheesy.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:39:33 AM

I have seen a few of these similar ICOs. How would you compare yourself to your competitors?

What really set most similar ICOs apart, is the ability of the dev team to deliver on the proposed idea. Whichever team an investor feels the most comfortable with, should be the one, they entrust their hard earned money with.
You should ask more specific questions, read the whitepaper or first page first.
This is not a comparison thread.
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:31:10 AM

dev nice job on alpha release. looks nice. https://alpha.eventchain.io

Good i checking it now, and is still in alpha alright, though very simple, it even has a faucet for eth and EVC, wish it was real, XD, anyway, is a little slow for now, and very easy to use, though it needs some I candy stuff, for now, it looks too amateur, it need more color, anyway, is an alpha, so for now is working, good job team Cheesy.

I also checked the alpha, however it's really very slow to give a UE report. I think "something" should be improved on this side, however I still think this is nice idea and project

pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:04:30 AM

Just checked alpha. Plenty of things to improve but, still it provides a good idea of platform.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:18:47 AM

Tickets market is soooo big, we haven't took into account yet amusement parks, natural parks, circus like cirque du soleil, big events like red bull events, motorsports events (these one are huge in Europe) just to name a few

I think when they say event tickets, they mean all events. Most major current event ticket websites deals with several markets and i don't see how Eventchain will be any different
I dont think amusement parks and natural parks excursions can be included in this case.
Because in my country they usually sell the tickets on the spot when the visitor arrives and wants to go inside. Original price, no complicated things like fees, and no scalp things  Grin
Just my opinion  Grin.

Major amusements parks in my country sell tickets online as well because demand is very high and also sometime you can get discount prices

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
ParRus

Merit: 104

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:35:06 AM

Tickets market is soooo big, we haven't took into account yet amusement parks, natural parks, circus like cirque du soleil, big events like red bull events, motorsports events (these one are huge in Europe) just to name a few

I think when they say event tickets, they mean all events. Most major current event ticket websites deals with several markets and i don't see how Eventchain will be any different
I dont think amusement parks and natural parks excursions can be included in this case.
Because in my country they usually sell the tickets on the spot when the visitor arrives and wants to go inside. Original price, no complicated things like fees, and no scalp things  Grin
Just my opinion  Grin.

Major amusements parks in my country sell tickets online as well because demand is very high and also sometime you can get discount prices
EventChain in contrast to other online resources will take less commissions - accordingly, the artists will receive more royalties, and tickets will be cheaper, situation when wolves are not hungry and hares are safe
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:06:02 AM

Tickets will be only in digital form? Or they can be printed and presented to someone?
good question ticket will be also printable? buyers can resell tickets on the platform?...
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:10:40 AM

Tickets will be only in digital form? Or they can be printed and presented to someone?
good question ticket will be also printable? buyers can resell tickets on the platform?...

I would say so, yes. There are a lot of locations, eg. stadiums where you have to scan your paper ticket to get access.
And again yes, it's possible to resell your tickets.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:14:55 AM

How about drink/food coupons at events? You can even sell back your unspent ones (if the organiser isn't a dick!)

Well it would be a option which could be considered in future. But selling back the unused coupons? Not sure how this should work. But it would be great if promoters would sell coupons you could use on every event of the same promoter. Most fans are going to a lot of events from the same promoter so they could use them anytime they need the coupons.

I also think that would be difficult to sell back unspent ones, just make sure you used all of them! Drink more beer  Wink
It would be nice to have same coupons on different event, like events on the same location but different day.

There is a bright future in this kind of platforms!!
Keep it up

I don't see why it would be hard to resell unused one.

A platform could be made for an intrafestival where everybody who don't want to use a ticket can sell it on this intraplatform provided by Eventchain.

It won't be hard but, there will a problem that also exist in today's ticketing system. Blackmarketing. People will buy tickets for a popular event on the earliest in bulk and then sell them at higher price near the event.

Yes but that be avoided in eventchain system. They just put an limitation for it. You can't post a ticket with higher than original price. At least in platform it avoids blackmarket. But their hands are tied out of platform.

It depends on how the reselling fuction will work. I can imagine it could still be possible for someone to resell the own ticket right infront of the concert hall and ask for the mark-up in cash. That would be something even an platform like EventChain could not prevent.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:40:37 AM

I would say so, yes. There are a lot of locations, eg. stadiums where you have to scan your paper ticket to get access.

Well, everything can be done on smartphones now. I never saw a place where you coud not show the voucher on the smartphone.

But I'm sure they thought about printing.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:12:58 AM

How about drink/food coupons at events? You can even sell back your unspent ones (if the organiser isn't a dick!)

Well it would be a option which could be considered in future. But selling back the unused coupons? Not sure how this should work. But it would be great if promoters would sell coupons you could use on every event of the same promoter. Most fans are going to a lot of events from the same promoter so they could use them anytime they need the coupons.

I also think that would be difficult to sell back unspent ones, just make sure you used all of them! Drink more beer  Wink
It would be nice to have same coupons on different event, like events on the same location but different day.

There is a bright future in this kind of platforms!!
Keep it up

I don't see why it would be hard to resell unused one.

A platform could be made for an intrafestival where everybody who don't want to use a ticket can sell it on this intraplatform provided by Eventchain.

It won't be hard but, there will a problem that also exist in today's ticketing system. Blackmarketing. People will buy tickets for a popular event on the earliest in bulk and then sell them at higher price near the event.

Yes but that be avoided in eventchain system. They just put an limitation for it. You can't post a ticket with higher than original price. At least in platform it avoids blackmarket. But their hands are tied out of platform.

It depends on how the reselling fuction will work. I can imagine it could still be possible for someone to resell the own ticket right infront of the concert hall and ask for the mark-up in cash. That would be something even an platform like EventChain could not prevent.

That's different thing. Eventchain is not law enforcement, so they can only have power on their platform. They can only prevent it if event holder wants an id check. If they check id and ticket match, then not possible for resell infront of the concert hall. Maybe they allow id change if resell happen on the platform.

matjas

Merit: 115

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:24:43 AM

That's different thing. Eventchain is not law enforcement, so they can only have power on their platform. They can only prevent it if event holder wants an id check. If they check id and ticket match, then not possible for resell infront of the concert hall. Maybe they allow id change if resell happen on the platform.

Thats why some companies are implementing mobile platforms where the ticket is bound to that platform and can not be printed and sold to somebody else. Its one of the ways how to prevent black market selling.

toolucky98

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:48:23 AM

Well, everything can be done on smartphones now. I never saw a place where you coud not show the voucher on the smartphone.

But I'm sure they thought about printing.
Its already written on the whitepaper.
" In the case where purchasers don’t have a mobile device, printing a ticket or writing down the public and private SmartTicket keys on a piece of paper can prove SmartTicket ownership entering an event with no portable technology needed. "

So you also need to keep your own ticket safely
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:36:39 PM

I have seen a few of these similar ICOs. How would you compare yourself to your competitors?

What really set most similar ICOs apart, is the ability of the dev team to deliver on the proposed idea. Whichever team an investor feels the most comfortable with, should be the one, they entrust their hard earned money with.

Exactly, that's why i only invest in ICO's who already have an alpha/beta product. The alpha of EventChain gives you a good idea of when the possibilities are so i have faith in the team and mission. Although one aspect i think they will have trouble with is resale of tickets. I know that reselling tickets for a big price increase is very annoying, and i wish you could stop it, but even with blockchain technology i think this will be hard. Even if you set a max resale price, people can just ask for additional payments on another crypto adres. Supply and demand will always find a way.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:39:59 PM

EventChain will have an integrated ticket resale reputation system on a distributed secondary market, allowing event ticket vendors, promoters and fans to build and grow their reputation as they sell Smart Tickets. Scalpers will clearly be identified by their Smart Ticket reputation.

impressed
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:51:25 PM

Do you also plan to sell tickets with discount?

toolucky98

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:02:36 PM

Yes for token holders
"Provide holders of EVC Tokens with benefits such as early bird tickets, priority seating and discounted pricing. "
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:33:46 PM

In my country there is a one ticket seller, which is like monopolize the market. And they are asking idiotic fees from customers. Like qr code extra 2$, send a sms $2, just buying ticket $2, mostly they won more money than event holders. And their service is really shitty.

I can do anything for eventchain operate in my country too.

pynetx

Merit: 262

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:05:55 PM

Good question. Like coupon codes which is a trend right now.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:28:36 PM

Good question. Like coupon codes which is a trend right now.

That depends on the ticket sellers and the show organizers. I'm sure EC would love to.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: