Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:40:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104873 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:23:52 AM

I was able to synchronize the blockchain and get a few mined ETN coins... then send them to Cryptopia.... they have a CLI wallet on Github... and a few nice explanations of some guys on Youtube.

It all had to be done with command line... since I managed to do this I dont think anyone here will have any trouble with it  Grin

Interesting. I've been doing mining for many years. Setup this CLI wallet on github, and the daemon. Went through all the steps properly yet my transactions are still not showing up. This might be a basic question but the "address" that is shown when you start the CLI wallet is your public send to address right? Any coins sent to that location will be visible in your wallet?

Ok I solve the problem. Answer is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riRAirldr1A
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:29:03 AM

When they started the ico sale i bought $2000 worth of tokens,the sad thing theres something wrong happened and the tokens cant be traded in exchanges  the worst ICO i have joined.
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:18:40 AM

When they started the ico sale i bought $2000 worth of tokens,the sad thing theres something wrong happened and the tokens cant be traded in exchanges  the worst ICO i have joined.

How many tokens did you get at the time?
cryptogirls85

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

Trying to be someone... someday

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:41:56 AM

How many tokens did you get at the time?

As I remember the pricewas 0.01$ per ETN... so he probably got 200.000 ETN minimum (+the extra bonus)  Grin

I hope they finish their work on the website security as soon as possible... from what I read a lot of people have large amounts stuck on their servers  Sad

coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:46:07 AM

Still, they are in developing phase so we don't know how long it will take to release the wallets. Just now we are checking the updates from the company and many people are waiting for the wallets and their coins.
needfix24

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:52:22 AM

I would say do DYOR (Do your own research) so that you will know if the altcoins you wan to invest are scam or not.
cryptogirls85

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:03:39 AM

I would say do DYOR (Do your own research) so that you will know if the altcoins you wan to invest are scam or not.

Oh well... everything was pointing to this ICO that is not a scam (IcoRatings and ICOchecker sites i read)... I`m not a great researcher obviously  Embarrassed

I still have faith in them (but thats just how I am, I have faith in everyone  Grin). I hope for the sake of everyone who invested in them that they succeed at least to get their investment back.

ydrogios

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:39:53 AM

Not even close is it as scam.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2065043.0;topicseen

Ann thread, you tell me if you think it is a scam after you read this

Why I can't post in this topic?Huh?? Maybe is a scam? Really.. I don't believe in this project.
GintoniK

Activity: 81

I Speak Future

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 10:09:08 AM

I am very entertained by this thread.

One side is providing lengthy and varied arguments about the red flags and shady actions of the ETN team, coupled with explanations and reasoning.

And you get the other side writing one-liners that all start with "I believe..." or "I think...." with always the same content: Hackerone and cyber attack (lol). Hoping ETN will pump to 1$ so they can get out of poverty with lots of lakhs... or they say "do your research" or "you missed the ico" , "fudding to buy cheaply" and the other usual bagholding excuses.  

it doesn't work like that, don't you understand that this is too good to be true. Do you understand that the ICO funds are locked and people want OUT? Do you understand what will happen to the price when and if the ICO funds are unlocked? Do you understand that the coin has no innovation, questionable network security (simulated - centralized mining).Additionally it has terrible development and marketing teams, had the worst possible launch and is presenting the poorest excuses (they used https://haveibeenpwned.com as an excuse to tell us about compromised security... you must be so naive and ignorant not read behind those lines... but again, it was the reason ETN was catered to new people in the space which are feeling the FOMO.

They marketed their shit to clueless people and now these idiots are trying to convince the rest of us... We have seen countless shitcoins over the years and ETN fulfills all the criteria.

WAKE UP SHEEP, ofc you want to believe ... you gave them your hard earned cash, you will learn in time or you will get burned so hard that you will run as far away as possible from the crypto-space. (which by the way is NOT ready for the "average joe" ...).

IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS, sit down and read the Monero whitepaper, understand what https://haveibeenpwned.com does and what is the role of mining in securing the network on a public blockchain. Understand WHY CRYPTO IS NOT FOR THE AVERAGE JOE YET. Then go back to ETN and things will be so obvious.

YOU ARE BIASED, most probably some have invested more than they can afford to lose and the only way for them to sleep at night is to believe that everything will be fine...

Bear markets are boring !
neatworld

Activity: 293

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:33:40 AM

One side is providing lengthy and varied arguments about the red flags and shady actions of the ETN team, coupled with explanations and reasoning.

And you get the other side writing one-liners that all start with "I believe..." or "I think...." with always the same content: Hackerone and cyber attack (lol). Hoping ETN will pump to 1$ so they can get out of poverty with lots of lakhs... or they say "do your research" or "you missed the ico" , "fudding to buy cheaply" and the other usual bagholding excuses.  

it doesn't work like that, don't you understand that this is too good to be true. Do you understand that the ICO funds are locked and people want OUT? Do you understand what will happen to the price when and if the ICO funds are unlocked? Do you understand that the coin has no innovation, questionable network security (simulated - centralized mining).Additionally it has terrible development and marketing teams, had the worst possible launch and is presenting the poorest excuses (they used https://haveibeenpwned.com as an excuse to tell us about compromised security... you must be so naive and ignorant not read behind those lines... but again, it was the reason ETN was catered to new people in the space which are feeling the FOMO.

They marketed their shit to clueless people and now these idiots are trying to convince the rest of us... We have seen countless shitcoins over the years and ETN fulfills all the criteria.

WAKE UP SHEEP, ofc you want to believe ... you gave them your hard earned cash, you will learn in time or you will get burned so hard that you will run as far away as possible from the crypto-space. (which by the way is NOT ready for the "average joe" ...).

IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS, sit down and read the Monero whitepaper, understand what https://haveibeenpwned.com does and what is the role of mining in securing the network on a public blockchain. Understand WHY CRYPTO IS NOT FOR THE AVERAGE JOE YET. Then go back to ETN and things will be so obvious.

YOU ARE BIASED, most probably some have invested more than they can afford to lose and the only way for them to sleep at night is to believe that everything will be fine...

Cheesy Mic Drop!
callkiller

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:51:11 AM

I will come back to this post in 6 months time and you will see how wrong you are. You have your take on it and I have mine but for know its all just opinions and speculation because no one knows for sure. Lets see how this pans out.
invicta

Activity: 194

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:13:37 PM

I will come back to this post in 6 months time and you will see how wrong you are. You have your take on it and I have mine but for know its all just opinions and speculation because no one knows for sure. Lets see how this pans out.

If you were going to respond to his pretty well laid out argument then you didn’t need the entire first sentence... if you then go on to say it’s opinions and speculation.

In 6 months time if it’s gone pop, I reckon the ICO investors will not be rushing back to crypto any time soon!
callkiller

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:46:15 PM

In 6 months time if it’s gone pop, I reckon the ICO investors will not be rushing back to crypto any time soon!

If at first you don't succeed...... Yes i suppose a lot will throw the towel in but hopefully most were not stupid enough to put in more than they cannot afford to lose.
cryptogirls85

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:47:47 PM

Too bad you were not around when this whole ETN journey started. You probably would have talked some sense into some of the clueless people and a few Sheep (I think it`s an upgrade for me, since I have always considered myself as a Cow  Wink).

Well my 10 bucks are still nowhere to be found but strangely I still hope I might somehow get them back. I guess you are right, ignorance is not a bliss.

I don`t know much about cryptos and all the fancy stuff you know about them but I do know people. People always want to have Hope, so don`t be so hard on some of the People here who made the wrong judgement and choose the wrong coin to invest in. Instead maybe you could try and point out how not to make the same mistake twice or more  Grin

You know how THEY (the people I mean) say... Fool me once shame on you!... Fool me twice...

Bloody Mary

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:15:14 PM

Hoping ETN will pump to 1$ so they can get out of poverty with lots of lakhs... or they say "do your research" or "you missed the ico" , "fudding to buy cheaply" and the other usual bagholding excuses. 
gsanjin

Activity: 191

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:35:03 PM

Is anywhere available ETN network hashrate distribution? Nethash is ~140MH/s but there is no single pool that is even close to that hashrate, and most of them are often ddos-ed on daily basis ...
neatworld

Activity: 293

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:58:36 PM

Those of you who still believe in ETN - look at what's happened to B3 coin, and maybe take some notes! I'm fully prepared to lose my (admittedly small) amount I put in the ICO. STILL don't think it's an outright scam, but I think people should take the rose-coloured glasses off....
RichardBTC

Activity: 201

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:30:42 PM

yoh so i bought some coins at 425 sats.... hope this coin moons and i didnt waste my btc! Come on electroneum, moon for me please... i want a lambo lol!!

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
nytewind

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 08:29:52 PM

I can tell you just by reading the name that it probably is a scam. Of course it is impossible to know for sure, but 99% of altcoins are pump and dumps. Tongue

blockchain is live
wallets coming online this week

seriously dubt it's a scam when the head dude keeps getting on webcam and showing the offices
Elby

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:39:09 PM

Never liked ETN and their style, from the beginning, but good luck to the ones who believe in it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: