Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:51:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104873 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:23:12 AM

I don't have their token but I am interested to buy. I am not sure if where can I buy though since based on their website they are still fixing their system because of the security threat or something that happened earlier. Hope they'd be able to fix it soon though. As for the scam issue, I've read some part of their ANN and based on the news, I don't think it is a scam for now.

You can buy at ETN on Cryptopia exchange right now. Currently trading at 6x to 10x depending on when you bought into the ICO due to bonuses
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:53:49 AM

7.3 cents and rising right now...

Bull trap! It's diving now.
OffHold

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:54:23 AM

Where is the marketing? I doxed the dev team, which wasn't too hard when they post all their LinkedIn. They are big players in the internet marketing industry in England. They can do it for free!?! I even looked up the coins head guy Richard Ells and called his headquarters. I asked the secretary about Electroneum? I was transfered to a guy that asked me how he could help me with my questions. So I asked, "why aren't you marketing this ICO?". He said, "they are and more is coming." Do you see any marketing? WTF.

The ICO starts in 3 days!!

EDIT

No, it is definately not a scam.

They have raised 3 million already.

I was worried about the marketing, but now I see their ads everwhere I go on the internet, so the guy wasnt kidding when he said the marketing is coming!!

Damn!!! Ive never seen a coin hit mainstream news sites!!!

Yeap, it is not an scam, glad you updated OP, -
MrMaxwell

Activity: 71
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:39:48 AM

So let's recap:

1. Wallets hacked, many coins stolen
2. Remaining wallets locked up so ICO funds are inaccessable
3. CEO has deleted all of his social media accounts

Hmmm.

Conclusion?

SCAM!

In view of recent events I recant my position of Electroneum being a scam. I am now cautiously optimistic if they can deliver in a reasonable time frame.
dacsee

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:22:31 AM

Interesting turn of events. Unusual that there was no public notice beforehand, however the more prestigious teams with better connections may plan their marketing in this way.
Evelynrr

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:45:18 AM

I am sure one day crypto will break out of the very small tech community, like PCs in the 90s. I don't know if ETN will do the job, but anyone will do it. And I doubt it will be one of the top 10 coins available now.
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:12:29 AM

I don't have their token but I am interested to buy. I am not sure if where can I buy though since based on their website they are still fixing their system because of the security threat or something that happened earlier. Hope they'd be able to fix it soon though. As for the scam issue, I've read some part of their ANN and based on the news, I don't think it is a scam for now.

You can buy at ETN on Cryptopia exchange right now. Currently trading at 6x to 10x depending on when you bought into the ICO due to bonuses

That means nothing to those of us who don't have access to our wallets. A lot of the animosity stems from the fact that the miners are profiting now, but there's no guarantee that there won't be a huge dump once the wallets are released and the price might fall to sub-ICO levels
neatworld

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:16:28 AM

Interesting turn of events. Unusual that there was no public notice beforehand, however the more prestigious teams with better connections may plan their marketing in this way.

Have I missed something? What turn of events are you referring to, please?
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:51:34 AM

ETN is worth $0 until ICO participants have access to their coins and can trade on the market.
treepixel

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:54:26 AM

ETN is worth $0 until ICO participants have access to their coins and can trade on the market.
Agreed.
For any token the ICO dump needs to be out the way for any value to be assigned. It's almost pointless buying right now as that price will just plummet when tokens are released.
angelic$111

Activity: 116

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:54:38 AM

electroneum is under ICO... And bonuses like 50% are way too much.
treepixel

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:58:13 AM

electroneum is under ICO... And bonuses like 50% are way too much.
Lol.
They're nowhere near under ico.
They're 7x over ICO right now.
neatworld

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:26:45 AM

Agreed.
For any token the ICO dump needs to be out the way for any value to be assigned. It's almost pointless buying right now as that price will just plummet when tokens are released.

Yes, absolutely agree with stonehedge and treepixel. I think the current movement is just a pump to get people excited about the wallet release. I'll see what I see when I can get to my wallet!
invicta

Activity: 194

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:31:50 AM

Agreed.

Yes, absolutely agree with stonehedge and treepixel. I think the current movement is just a pump to get people excited about the wallet release. I'll see what I see when I can get to my wallet!

I'm intrigued to see what happens when they release the wallets. At the moment, the CLI wallet works (like Monero's) but is complex and fiddly.

Also, we know the price will drop when the market gets flooded with ICO tokens, what do you think that will do to the miners? If the miners can't be bothered any more because it's not worth mining, who is going to secure the network? Food for thought...
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:38:44 AM

Do you think that they are going to release a GUI for the wallet in Windows? The price movement doesn't seems to be a pump. But it will surely fall after the release of the wallets. It is good for the ICO investors that there is a demand for this coin. And i have seen on the official Electroneum Facebook that there is some internet shops that accept ETN now.
invicta

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:02:02 AM

Do you think that they are going to release a GUI for the wallet in Windows? The price movement doesn't seems to be a pump. But it will surely fall after the release of the wallets. It is good for the ICO investors that there is a demand for this coin. And i have seen on the official Electroneum Facebook that there is some internet shops that accept ETN now.

Given everything they've done so far, the GUI wallet is probably just a few changes away from the Monero one (open source code, find 'Monero/XMR', replace with 'Electroneum/ETN', job done!) - not that the Monero GUI is all that great.

The Facebook page is dreadful, it's full of blissfully ignorant idiots who are saying things like 'OMG, can you imagine if this is the next bitcoin and you passed up on it' or 'people are trolling it and paying people to ruin it'. No, people want to believe it's going to be the next big thing so they think they'll be rich, it's very obvious even if there was any amazing technology behind it (there isn't) then they are only in it for the money. There have been no real or meaningful posts on their Facebook or Twitter for a while, I don't think saying they've engaged HackerOne or JargonPR counts (if you had $40m in raised funds you can hire who you like) or posting pictures of merch.

When all is said and done though, I believe in letting people believe what they want. If thinking that Electroneum is going to be the next big coin and living in blissful ignorance helps them get over the fact they invested in it then fair play. Plenty of us have asked for answers (not even said it's an outright scam, because I don't think it is, I think it's just run by a group of incredibly incompetent individuals backed by a fanatical fanbase) that no-one has answered, the shills keep repeating the same things (you know who you are) and while there is money to be made I think that's only going to be with small movements in price like going from 3 to 7 cents and dumping before a huge amount of coins appear on the open-market.
treepixel

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:55:04 AM

'Monero/XMR', replace with 'Electroneum/ETN', job done!) - not that the Monero GUI is all that great.
The Monero thing annoyed me when it happened.

I understand they had issues, but people supported the ICO being sold on them having their own unique blockchain which they had 100% control over. Now they're just a forked coin. I wonder if they'd have had the kind of ICO success they did if they started of marketing themselves as a forked Monero coin.
invicta

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:07:35 PM

'Monero/XMR', replace with 'Electroneum/ETN', job done!) - not that the Monero GUI is all that great.
The Monero thing annoyed me when it happened.

I understand they had issues, but people supported the ICO being sold on them having their own unique blockchain which they had 100% control over. Now they're just a forked coin. I wonder if they'd have had the kind of ICO success they did if they started of marketing themselves as a forked Monero coin.

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with copying a code-base, especially one as good as Monero - I have lots of time for Monero as it was my entry into the world of crypto and mining.

I still believe that Electroneum isn't a scam, but I think it was built and founded on a dream and sold to the unsuspecting and easily duped; they did a real number, they ploughed so much into marketing and hype that people lapped it up and no-one stopped to ask about the stuff behind the scenes. The only items in the public domain are a forked coin/copy and nothing else - no amount of asking to see the mobile app in action has produced anything of value, I don't think that 'marketing video' where Richard bumbled and muddled his way through counts (I mean FFS, if you have raised that much money get a proper video production done, not produce that turd that'll actually put people off).

All the people who defend this project regurgitate the same thing over and over again - going on about HackerOne (though now they can also say JargonPR) and how 'wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry' (which if there was additional evidence would be fine).

It seems like an eternity since the last update and since this blockchain launched. I have to be honest, I almost forgot I was mining it til I got a notification to an update on this thread...
CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:01:12 PM

Electroneum is not a scam.They are working hard and they already have huge followers. It is aimed at smartphone users which is cool and if they get few merchants then the coin will rise to moon. 1$ in 2018 is easy and 10$ in 2-3 years is very much possible.
Alex_Zi

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:05:36 PM

Strange project, strange working with community. Only one exchange. Circulating Supply unknown. And I still didn't get bounty.
But I don't think it is scam, but the team looks not good now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: