Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:09:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104873 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LightSide

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:40:28 PM

Where is the marketing? I doxed the dev team, which wasn't too hard when they post all their LinkedIn. They are big players in the internet marketing industry in England. They can do it for free!?! I even looked up the coins head guy Richard Ells and called his headquarters. I asked the secretary about Electroneum? I was transfered to a guy that asked me how he could help me with my questions. So I asked, "why aren't you marketing this ICO?". He said, "they are and more is coming." Do you see any marketing? WTF.

The ICO starts in 3 days!!

EDIT

No, it is definately not a scam.

They have raised 3 million already.

I was worried about the marketing, but now I see their ads everwhere I go on the internet, so the guy wasnt kidding when he said the marketing is coming!!

Damn!!! Ive never seen a coin hit mainstream news sites!!!

As far as my concern they haven't scammed anyone " yet " and hope for this to not happen anytime.
Besides of this before you end up investing all your money in some project check who's behind and how much funds has rise.
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:33:34 PM

I am very entertained by this thread.

One side is providing lengthy and varied arguments about the red flags and shady actions of the ETN team, coupled with explanations and reasoning.

And you get the other side writing one-liners that all start with "I believe..." or "I think...." with always the same content: Hackerone and cyber attack (lol). Hoping ETN will pump to 1$ so they can get out of poverty with lots of lakhs... or they say "do your research" or "you missed the ico" , "fudding to buy cheaply" and the other usual bagholding excuses.  

it doesn't work like that, don't you understand that this is too good to be true. Do you understand that the ICO funds are locked and people want OUT? Do you understand what will happen to the price when and if the ICO funds are unlocked? Do you understand that the coin has no innovation, questionable network security (simulated - centralized mining).Additionally it has terrible development and marketing teams, had the worst possible launch and is presenting the poorest excuses (they used https://haveibeenpwned.com as an excuse to tell us about compromised security... you must be so naive and ignorant not read behind those lines... but again, it was the reason ETN was catered to new people in the space which are feeling the FOMO.

They marketed their shit to clueless people and now these idiots are trying to convince the rest of us... We have seen countless shitcoins over the years and ETN fulfills all the criteria.

WAKE UP SHEEP, ofc you want to believe ... you gave them your hard earned cash, you will learn in time or you will get burned so hard that you will run as far away as possible from the crypto-space. (which by the way is NOT ready for the "average joe" ...).

IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS, sit down and read the Monero whitepaper, understand what https://haveibeenpwned.com does and what is the role of mining in securing the network on a public blockchain. Understand WHY CRYPTO IS NOT FOR THE AVERAGE JOE YET. Then go back to ETN and things will be so obvious.

YOU ARE BIASED, most probably some have invested more than they can afford to lose and the only way for them to sleep at night is to believe that everything will be fine...

Too bad you were not around when this whole ETN journey started. You probably would have talked some sense into some of the clueless people and a few Sheep (I think it`s an upgrade for me, since I have always considered myself as a Cow  Wink).

Well my 10 bucks are still nowhere to be found but strangely I still hope I might somehow get them back. I guess you are right, ignorance is not a bliss.

I don`t know much about cryptos and all the fancy stuff you know about them but I do know people. People always want to have Hope, so don`t be so hard on some of the People here who made the wrong judgement and choose the wrong coin to invest in. Instead maybe you could try and point out how not to make the same mistake twice or more  Grin

You know how THEY (the people I mean) say... Fool me once shame on you!... Fool me twice...

These are most excellent posts. It's clear the technical value of ETN is quite low. Perhaps they have something in the background they haven't shown us yet, but it's unlikely. The interesting thing, however, is that even the scam or joke coins can do well if enough buy into it. A perfect example is dogecoin. This was one of the biggest jokes ever and yet it made the people that massive pre-mined millions of dollars, and I'm sure a bunch of serious GPU dogecoin miners did well also. The days of pumping a coin without any technical merit, however, I hope are going away.
1eth1

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:40:44 PM

It is not a SCAM!!!
Within a few minutes of installing the mobile app any user can see Electroneum being added to their wallet via the unique mobile mining experience. (white paper)
See!

Basically they start with bullshit. What fundamental problems are they solving? Making coin for the masses, for gamers, for gamblers? I do not understand what the main point? We already have cryptos that can fulfill such needs.

Why would someone invest in Electroneum?
We believe that Electroneum as a new, easy to access
cryptocurrency, will appeal to regular people in larger numbers
than we’ve seen with existing cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and
Ethereum.
As such, we think that Electroneum will have great appeal for:
•   Long-term investors. Those who wish to buy and hold
Electroneum for its future value
•   Digital coin speculators. Those looking to acquire Electroneum
coins and sell them to other investors and speculators to
generate short term gains (white paper)

Who buys these fairy tales?
lunafreya

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:54:18 PM

I don't know if it is a scam or not but all i know is  , i am still waiting for my rewards i earned from bounty campaign. Something is definitely wrong with them.
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:56:57 PM

Their forum is now offline?   Huh The page says

"In accordance with Section 25(a) of the ProBoards Terms of Service, this forum has been taken offline."

Does anyone know what went on there?

Looking worse and worse!
kenTucker

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:07:58 PM

I find it hard to tell... How is it possible to trade ETN @ Cryptopia though?
Elby

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:15:20 PM

Why would someone want to buy ETN? Just look once to their max supply nr.  Cheesy They  just want to cash in and then they will likely bail out

civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:26:29 AM

Where is the marketing? I doxed the dev team, which wasn't too hard when they post all their LinkedIn. They are big players in the internet marketing industry in England. They can do it for free!?! I even looked up the coins head guy Richard Ells and called his headquarters. I asked the secretary about Electroneum? I was transfered to a guy that asked me how he could help me with my questions. So I asked, "why aren't you marketing this ICO?". He said, "they are and more is coming." Do you see any marketing? WTF.

The ICO starts in 3 days!!

EDIT

No, it is definately not a scam.

They have raised 3 million already.

I was worried about the marketing, but now I see their ads everwhere I go on the internet, so the guy wasnt kidding when he said the marketing is coming!!

Damn!!! Ive never seen a coin hit mainstream news sites!!!

As far as my concern they haven't scammed anyone " yet " and hope for this to not happen anytime.
Besides of this before you end up investing all your money in some project check who's behind and how much funds has rise.

I don't mean electroneum is a scammed coin, but we cannot judge a coin is not scam based on total fund raised.

waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 03:48:12 AM

Who knows, many accusing Electroneum project owners are delaying the bounty participants and load up their price a lot which favor lots of early miners, their idea of introducing block-chain on mobile phone is pretty legit but their team was sort of fishy when it comes to negotiations with their members. Still electroneum has already a pretty rigged up community and was expect to survive at least the incoming months, not sure about it's price though should be a big dump incoming soon.

NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:05:36 PM

As far as I know there will be no Coin kept for the team.

Gany

I think it's not a good sign  Angry looks like a scam..
this project is not a scam at all, this is the first ICO in english and this project is a big project, hardcap they managed to achieve. This coin has become popular and has invested heavily in it.

SlickTight

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:23:21 PM

Electroneum is not a scam because of the reason that i know exactly that they are really operating well because i am part of their ico and sooner after they completed fixing their stakes to be distributed, i will get my bounty all you have to do is to be patient and wait eagerly so that in the end you will be rewarded
BennDragon2

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:49:37 PM

As far as I know there will be no Coin kept for the team.

Gany

I think it's not a good sign  Angry looks like a scam..
this project is not a scam at all, this is the first ICO in english and this project is a big project, hardcap they managed to achieve. This coin has become popular and has invested heavily in it.
i dont think it a scam either, they have build good plan for user, they care about investors. I think invest here will bring good result for any investment.
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:38:23 AM

Heh ok maybe a good way to tell if something is a scam is look at the english of the people that say it is (well written, makes sense). Then look at the english, or broken english, of the people that say it is not. Clearly they are shills. If you're going to shill at least use proper english.
wall101

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:01:45 AM

I think it's a scam because it's no longer using it and it's no longer spreading in forum or facebook I leave what I did because of why the electroneum was suddenly knocked down because it's a popular one and it's also a lot of usable mining but now no one trusts it and no one else is using it as much as they think the electroneum is a scam.
if0nlyweknew

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:41:53 AM

Certainly it is among the fctorsindivdualssell itcoin.But may not everyone sells bitcoin for that reason, perhaps a number of them selb bitcoin simply because to meet their bills or due to a essential require they are forced to market bitcoin.al i
BitCaptcha

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:47:11 PM

7.3 cents and rising right now...
Dyn@styN3rd

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:00:36 PM

I don't have their token but I am interested to buy. I am not sure if where can I buy though since based on their website they are still fixing their system because of the security threat or something that happened earlier. Hope they'd be able to fix it soon though. As for the scam issue, I've read some part of their ANN and based on the news, I don't think it is a scam for now.
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:26:55 PM

They have invested so much for the campaign and worked so hard. I don't think that they went all throught those just to scam people. Besides, the ICO has been so hyped out that's why people are asking what happened to it which makes it even more popular. Whatever they are planning to do, I hope that they give out some reasons why they are doing these right now.
invicta

Activity: 194

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:32:32 PM

They have invested so much for the campaign and worked so hard. I don't think that they went all throught those just to scam people. Besides, the ICO has been so hyped out that's why people are asking what happened to it which makes it even more popular. Whatever they are planning to do, I hope that they give out some reasons why they are doing these right now.

They didn't work that hard did they, couldn't even prevent a DDoS attack on the first day and over 4 weeks later, wallets are still locked.

I wouldn't give them credit - they didn't invest anything really; you guys, the ones who handed them funds and tokens during the ICO are the ones who invested.

It's hyped up because of ignorance (to be blunt); people think with mobile mining (which is a massive joke anyway) that they will become rich overnight, but it doesn't work that way.

Still curious to see how it turns out, but their lack of updates and general attitude is making people weary.
BitCaptcha

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:15:51 AM

Re attack: I think they were victims of their success.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: