Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:13:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC for taxi  (Read 3230 times)
josucoin

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:32:42 PM

BTC in the taxis would be wonderful as there might be some hiring locomotion somewhere with problem and a person who is a BTC user could ask for a taxi.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocoincoin

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:48:14 PM

It's a good idea soon maybe we will give some satoshi for go somewhere Grin Grin Grin
Lyancy001

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:16:25 PM

Yeah. That would be a nice idea. When taxis will only have QR codes, then we will jud scan them to pay.
budi691

Activity: 1204
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:28:22 PM

The less question, should not just taxi. but if it can be bitcoin can be used in everyday terms. must be fun. maybe someday  Cheesy
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:37:44 PM

Uber just needs to start accepting it as a form of payment.

Unfortunately the Core dev team is opposed to Bitcoin being used as a currency.   This is why there is so much drama, and upcoming forks.   There is a real mutiny going on right now everywhere with a lot of angry people who wanted Bitcoin to scale years ago.

Hopefully in the end things will work out.   Bitcoin (in my opinion) fails to be what it was made for if its not acting as Peer to Peer Cash.   Think im wrong?  Go read the title of the White Paper.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Cindy1983

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:10:43 PM

I think it depend on the country you're living in cause Bitcoin is not legalized all over the world so in some countries you can't use Bitcoin to pay for anything directly and the only way to use it in these countries is exchange it into cash but in country that Bitcoin is legalized everything is different, you can use Bitcoin direclty to pay for everything like taxi, taxes, bills,.....it's very convinient right Smiley). I'm still waiting to see Bitcoin is legalized all over the world but maybe it's really difficult cause there are some countries banned Bitcoin and if you use Bitcoin in these countries you will have to go to jail for at least 6 months.
annbagira

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:17:06 PM

I think it depend on bitcoin is legalized in your country or not. If it's legalized I think every services in your country will accept bitcoin for payment soon Smiley. Beside in few countries Uber is accepting bitcoin for payment Cheesy
I am ready to pay all services with bitcoins ( or alt coins)  but this is  too early for my country. I cannot imagine it right now. Here is no any chances to use bitcoin as usually currency and so freely that  to pay utilities or taxi. It all depends on country you live and governments official position or on jurisprudence. I am ready to all new things in our life but my society\government and country  not are ready !
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:20:00 PM

Perhaps in the future when bitcoin is more mainstream and widely used, this would be convenient for the bitcoin users especially when they're caught in a situation of having no cash to pay the taxi fare. I remember one time when I rode a taxi, I didn't have enough cash on me to pay the taxi and it was ridiculously high because of the traffic and distance of my destination. I ended up having a debt with the driver because of this. I guess if one could opt to pay with bitcoin, you could avoid a situation like this.
hakans

Activity: 100
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:21:46 PM

For now it wouldn't be worth your while with the current fee's, Imagine paying 3-4 dollar fee on a 10 dollar cab ride.
Jpti

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:26:12 PM

I've used bitcoins to pay in a restaurant, then the price was low and it felt good to use bitcoin as a currency. Cryptocurrency can be an ideal payment for taxi as the user just have to scan a qr code and needn't care about the change. But bitcoins increasing transaction fees may not enable it to be done with bitcoin.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:38:01 PM

I like taxi. I think this is a good idea. I hope in my city also accept bitcoin. because everyday I use taxi.

If bitcoin can use to pay a card on online gaming,gadgets,restaurant etc,why should not use in paying taxi.it is possible why not?we hope someday that bitcoin will be regularized in our country,and all people will become knowledgeable about bitcoin,so that all transaction will become legit and in right process.someday also grab car or uber group can accept bitcoin ,we hope so.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:40:32 PM

As second option you can purchase a new bitcoin debit card and use that card to pay whatever service you gonna to use like taxi. Also this can be considered as good ICO idea Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Melquart

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:07:25 PM

I like taxi. I think this is a good idea. I hope in my city also accept bitcoin. because everyday I use taxi.

You won't be happy to pay 2$ fee for 10$ transaction. It will be 20% of fees, higher then credit card fees.

lazaruseffect11

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:11:36 PM

Its a nice idea that taxi drivers will accept bitcoin as a payment. For example you are in a hurry and forgot to pay the taxi driver, you can do it later because you can send bitcoin to the taxi driver unless you remember the bitcoin address. Another is fast and easy transaction of money. Its easy and more convenient than paying money.
webmastax

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:13:52 PM

Taxi would be accepting small transactions. Bitcoin now is not suitable for small transactions. Fees are much higher than banks fees for this kind of transaction.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
HarryG333

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:21:11 PM

i think for physical cash is also good business transactions but the only thing we can do is to fasting the network of bitcoin to be available at all time to make the online transaction be firm and good confirmatory, because i know that with the network issues in our country will really make it a bit slower and inconvenient for people to go into it.

thank you
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:40:57 AM

Physical money or fiat is much more convenient to use as a form of payment for taxi and other businesses firm as you can just hand the money over and the transaction is finished unlike in bitcoin, you need to wait for confirmations from the bitcoin network in order for the transaction finished or transferred. For now we can't actually used it for our daily lives but in the near future they can implement some upgrades and additional feature in the blockchain.

I agree with you, if we pay taxi with BTC then will undergo some transaction process.
, but if we pay taxi with physical money it will speed up payment, we can give the money directly.

princesocapuyo

Activity: 238

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:18:44 AM

I think Bitcoin for taxis is a great idea. The thing is not that many people are willing to spend their bitcoins right now so it'll be hard to get some. Maybe if they give discounted prices.

Sskapollo7

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:59:23 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2116526.0

Same topic, why you can't use search function?

//Topic: I think that paying in bitcoin for TAXI is a waste. Same goes for restaurant and some other amenities. I prefer to hold instead of spending.

Would like to do the same (holding) instead of spending. If at all they want to spend , spend it for some real cause atleast not for taxi I think so

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MaskMars1

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:01:03 AM

The idea is good but how to implement, how the taxi driver will take money for gasoline, and in a pocket put a little. You will not break the system in this way, everything will remain in its place.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: