Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:02:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CaVirtex.com Thread  (Read 103311 times)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:07:15 AM

Bob what is it that's makes you so unbelievably obsessed with cavirtex?

Im not obsessed with cavirtex....
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:10:38 AM

You've been on this thread for such a long time and been discussing cavirtex far more then anyone I've ever known... it's weird.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:16:29 AM

You've been on this thread for such a long time and been discussing cavirtex far more then anyone I've ever known... it's weird.

I highly doubt that.. I was on the thread back in the day, stating my positions regarding how cavirtex handled their business. Now they are shutting down and I'm back to discuss this a bit. I been using cavirtex since 2012. I think I have a right to be here,  but I'm sure there are others who were here more then I.. You being one of them!
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:21:15 AM

I highly doubt that.. I was on the thread back in the day, stating my positions regarding how cavirtex handled their business. Now they are shutting down and I'm back to discuss this a bit. I been using cavirtex since 2012. I think I have a right to be here,  but I'm sure there are others who were here more then I.. You being one of them!

How is it that you knew just so much about their inner workings? Are you a spy?
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:25:21 AM

I highly doubt that.. I was on the thread back in the day, stating my positions regarding how cavirtex handled their business. Now they are shutting down and I'm back to discuss this a bit. I been using cavirtex since 2012. I think I have a right to be here,  but I'm sure there are others who were here more then I.. You being one of them!

How is it that you knew just so much about their inner workings? Are you a spy?

Bro.. when you been trading lots of bitcoins over the last 3 years you get to make friends in the right places..
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:25:42 AM

You got any more questions for me Mr. Reporter?
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:40:11 AM

You got any more questions for me Mr. Reporter?

Bob is infamous?? lol
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:44:12 AM

Cavirtex was obviously on the way out. Crappy interface for orders and all around crappy system for funding.

But kinda sad to see them go because my first bitcoins were from them...

I don't believe the hacking story, though. It must be something else, really.
ThunderSheep

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

The sheep who walks through walls.

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:58:56 PM

The way CAVirtex originally communicated the shutdown is unforgivable - an email should have been sent out with a clear plan of how operation will wind down and how folks will access their funds.    The original twitter notice was quite vague and open ended, and I wouldn't be surprised if some account holders don't even know yet.

On the plus side .. CAVirtex has kept their promise and re-activated BTC withdrawals.  I was pleasantly surprised to get a phone call from CAVirtex who verified my information before re-activating BTC withdrawal.  

Overall - I was impressed with CAVirtex during it's lifetime, but extremely disappointed in it's communication strategy regarding the shutdown.

------------------------
ADDENDUM: CAVirtex has since sent out an email regarding the shutdown to all it's clients.  It's 10 days late, but at least they're finally doing the right thing.       

I have to agree with this.  I was shocked that I only learned of this last night when they finally sent an email out.  Call me an old geezer but I don't do twitter.

Thanks for the service while it lasted, CAVirtex.  You were one of the very few entities in the Bitcoin space that I actually trusted.
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 01:11:26 AM

I've also been watching this thread since the beginning, and a Cavirtex customer starting around Jan '13.  They are the only exchange I have ever closed my account with because I was unsatisfied with their service.  This was months ago, and nevertheless, not a surprise to me, I also received an email stating I needed to take action to to withdraw my remaining funds. Ha ha ha, I think I had about 5 cents, or maybe it was 0.5 cents in my account which I specifically told them to remove when I closed my account months ago. 
Another example of poor management, communication and operations. 
I'm not pointing the finger at anyone person, and I do believe Cavirtex did a lot for bitcoin and regulation in Canada for the past 3 years and I applaud that effort. 
Time to make way for next generation businesses in the crypto space.
Peace
gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:03:59 PM

What's the status with the exchange?  Looks like orders are still being filled.  Anyone withdraw fit or crypto?
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:56:57 PM

What's the status with the exchange?  Looks like orders are still being filled.  Anyone withdraw fit or crypto?
yes, had a ~$3000 withdraw came in last week. slightly off topic question: what is everyone using for their trading needs?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:34:38 AM

What's the status with the exchange?  Looks like orders are still being filled.  Anyone withdraw fit or crypto?
yes, had a ~$3000 withdraw came in last week. slightly off topic question: what is everyone using for their trading needs?

I've been using bitfinex from Canada, for over 2 years now with zero issues.  They don't take CAD so I convert it ahead of time and then wire it over.  Never had any issues on deposits or withdrawals of fiat or BTC.  Link in my signature for discount on fees.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:56:36 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 06:07:56 AM by freedomno1

Another one to go down!  There are few options left for Canadians.

I just opened an account at QuadrigaCX.   Seems a decent set up, better UI than Cavirtex,  not that that takes much. Hopefully they grow quickly and show some volume.  Great no-fee funding options, lower trade fees.  

I too got my account set... but there is no volume there... This is a big problem. I mean.. Look at how thin those order books are!
We gotta get more volume there if we want to move more then 10-30 btc at a time.

They may get it though and trust me they are pushing heavy on the adveritsing
Pretty much a quarter of my ads on youtube are for QuadrigaCx a certified bitcoin exchange and silver members of the Bitcoin foundation .... etc
It will take some time for me to trust them personally as their reputation needs to be built but it's observable at least it had more advertising coverage than morrex.

For large sells not into market their is still canadianbitcoins and lightbox though just need to time it with stability.

@ Bob and Mr_e If anything the oldest lurker in the lurker contest except Transito is Mr_E myself and a few others pre page 5 (heh-heh proved transito wrong once lol went to check) puts on bond glasses.

Bro.. when you been trading lots of bitcoins over the last 3 years you get to make friends in the right places..

Yep if you have been to any of the Bitcoin meetups get to know some of the employees of Virtex or their operations in general

For now I defaulted back to my original standby of CanadianBitcoins which has been operating safely and with no issues just as long as cavirtex if I need quick amounts that overpriced interac works (qucikbt) and still evaluating Quadriga CX the newcomer who may take the market but it does not have my personal trust yet, due to lack of personal research into them but its interesting to say the least.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 03:34:57 AM

...@ Bob and Mr_e If anything the oldest lurker in the lurker contest except Transito is Mr_E myself and a few others pre page 5 (heh-heh proved transito wrong once lol went to check) puts on bond glasses....

It's Transisto ! ... yep always lurking.

Seems like everyone has to chime in with a ticket to get his bitcoin withdrawal enabled.

Was anyone able to get their coins without phoning in ?
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:43:35 AM

...@ Bob and Mr_e If anything the oldest lurker in the lurker contest except Transito is Mr_E myself and a few others pre page 5 (heh-heh proved transito wrong once lol went to check) puts on bond glasses....

Seems like everyone has to chime in with a ticket to get his bitcoin withdrawal enabled.

Not yet.  I replied to the email, but no further response.  I can wait until March 25 for my .06  Grin
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:20:21 PM

Ah transisto adds an S and yep long lurk

To answer your question I didn't need to phone in when I did mine, just needed to send an e-mail to the twitter account, I also opened a support ticket prior to that so they didn't ask for a phone confirmation.

That said it is disabled unless you chime in with a ticket withdrawal request.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:04:44 AM

Another one to go down!  There are few options left for Canadians.

I just opened an account at QuadrigaCX.   Seems a decent set up, better UI than Cavirtex,  not that that takes much. Hopefully they grow quickly and show some volume.  Great no-fee funding options, lower trade fees.  

I too got my account set... but there is no volume there... This is a big problem. I mean.. Look at how thin those order books are!
We gotta get more volume there if we want to move more then 10-30 btc at a time.

They may get it though and trust me they are pushing heavy on the adveritsing
Pretty much a quarter of my ads on youtube are for QuadrigaCx a certified bitcoin exchange and silver members of the Bitcoin foundation .... etc
It will take some time for me to trust them personally as their reputation needs to be built but it's observable at least it had more advertising coverage than morrex.

For large sells not into market their is still canadianbitcoins and lightbox though just need to time it with stability.

@ Bob and Mr_e If anything the oldest lurker in the lurker contest except Transito is Mr_E myself and a few others pre page 5 (heh-heh proved transito wrong once lol went to check) puts on bond glasses.

Yep if you have been to any of the Bitcoin meetups get to know some of the employees of Virtex or their operations in general

For now I defaulted back to my original standby of CanadianBitcoins which has been operating safely and with no issues just as long as cavirtex if I need quick amounts that overpriced interac works (qucikbt) and still evaluating Quadriga CX the newcomer who may take the market but it does not have my personal trust yet, due to lack of personal research into them but its interesting to say the least.

Bitcoiniacs, the ppl who run some ATMs in Vancouver have an exchange https://www.cointrader.net/ though I've never used it, they claim cold storage insurance at least.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:57:11 AM

is there any official thread for QuadRigaCX? Seems like a big exchange but there are no threads about them.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:50:53 PM

is there any official thread for QuadRigaCX? Seems like a big exchange but there are no threads about them.

There's not even an unofficial one!

Cool that they let you withdraw/deposit physical gold. Lame that they prolly require a scan of your driver's license.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: