Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 10:39:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CaVirtex.com Thread  (Read 103313 times)
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 08:07:45 PM

Day 4, For fuck sake !!!
You at least have the responsibility to show a large red banner on your website that say :

BTC Deposit and Withdraw are disabled.
12gaFacelift

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:55:34 PM

I dont know if they have work on the problem but i tested a exchange btc->cad and withdrawal to my bank account, until now everything look good.

Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ *CANADA ONLY* Colloidal Silver Wire Rod - 12 Gauge Pure Silver .9999 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775964.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 06:04:54 PM

The issue has been fixed today, 

The problem was with BTCs in and out of the exchange,  not CAD
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:29:54 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Jack and I represent Canadian Virtual Exchange (CaVirtex.com), Canada's first Bitcoin exchange.

CaVirtex allows traders to buy and sell Bitcoins with Canadian dollars.

We operate our exchange with a team of dedicated full-time people. We also have a business plan that will add many more features to our exchange (See our prospectus on havelockinvestments.com).

On the legal and regulatory front, we are paying for legal advice on how to operate in Canada with the utmost safety to customer funds.

If you have any questions about CaVirtex, please feel free to ask.

If you are a CaVirtex customer and you have a question or concern, please contact us at (888) 812-2525 or submit a support ticket: http://support.cavirtex.com/

Thank you.

Jack Lewis
Representative
Canadian Virtual Exchange

One day you noobs will learn the magic of GPG signing such statements.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 02:02:52 AM

why is everyone hating on CaVirtex...

i've had nothing but good experiences with them, fast deposits and withdrawals.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 02:07:55 AM

but i do wish the fees were adjusted

keep the 3% for people at only buy or sell < 500$ of bitcoin a month

but make it easy enough for day traders to get to 0.5%fees

might bring more volume, i'd certainly start day trading again if i could get 0.5% fees again...

lightbox

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 06:23:36 AM

but i do wish the fees were adjusted

keep the 3% for people at only buy or sell < 500$ of bitcoin a month

but make it easy enough for day traders to get to 0.5%fees

might bring more volume, i'd certainly start day trading again if i could get 0.5% fees again...

Joseph announced on a podcast the other day that fee's would be lowered this week....

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 11:41:14 AM

How about Litecoin trading on CaVirtex?  Any plans for that?  Would be terrific if you could beat MtGox to the punch.
cavirtex (OP)

Activity: 143

CAVIRTEX | Canadian Virtual Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 12:05:45 PM

How about Litecoin trading on CaVirtex?  Any plans for that?  Would be terrific if you could beat MtGox to the punch.

Hi Bimmerhead,

Thanks for your question.

Our exchange software is capable of handling other digital currencies like Litecoin, and we are interested in offering them in the future. However, it's a lower priority at the present time.

We will likely revisit other digital currencies later this year.

CAVIRTEX is Canada's #1 Bitcoin exchange with over 90 million CAD traded in our 3 years of operations. Visit https://www.cavirtex.com.
gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:53:29 AM

Is the site down?  I keep seeing this:

Canadian Virtual Exchange

Updating

We are currently in the process of updating the system... Thank you for your patience.

IMPORTANT: We might be back online now and you might be viewing a cached version of our maintenance page. Try pressing RELOAD in your browser, or click here to reload.
Eljoka

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:06:46 PM

How long is the verification process supposed to take? I've been waiting for a call since july 29th.
cavirtex (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 01:24:43 PM

How long is the verification process supposed to take? I've been waiting for a call since july 29th.

Hi Eljoka,

I see that you have now been verified. Sorry for the delay.

CAVIRTEX is Canada's #1 Bitcoin exchange with over 90 million CAD traded in our 3 years of operations. Visit https://www.cavirtex.com.
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:04:12 PM

I enabled 2 factor authentication on CaVirtex the other day. (because the browser token scheme you have consistently failed to work across multiple browsers, requiring me to log in twice every session, which was a nuisance)  I tried to login this afternoon and after correctly entering username, password and the Authentication code, surprise, surprise, I get: "User authentication failed" on the second screen.

I tried a couple more times with the same result.  I don't want to try anymore times due to the ugly "10 invalid password attempts will DISABLE your account and require our admin team to manually investigate and re-activate." message that shows up at the login screen.

After this I tried the alternate option of using the "Backup codes" selection, however the textbox only lets me type 8 characters.  The backup code that I carefully wrote down from your 2FA set up screen was 16 characters long. When I enter the first 8 characters of my backup code I get an error message "Enter a whole number."

Obviously the validation routine for checking the "Mobile app" data entry is kicking in for the "Backup codes" data entry.  Furthermore, it's obvious your programmer didn't even try it once before implementing this on your LIVE website.

I hope you guys aren't paying too much for your "development" team.  I don't think you are getting your money's worth.

You need to do some proper system testing and fix your broken website.  Angry

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
cavirtex (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 05:14:35 PM

I enabled 2 factor authentication on CaVirtex the other day. (because the browser token scheme you have consistently failed to work across multiple browsers, requiring me to log in twice every session, which was a nuisance)  I tried to login this afternoon and after correctly entering username, password and the Authentication code, surprise, surprise, I get: "User authentication failed" on the second screen.

I tried a couple more times with the same result.  I don't want to try anymore times due to the ugly "10 invalid password attempts will DISABLE your account and require our admin team to manually investigate and re-activate." message that shows up at the login screen.

After this I tried the alternate option of using the "Backup codes" selection, however the textbox only lets me type 8 characters.  The backup code that I carefully wrote down from your 2FA set up screen was 16 characters long. When I enter the first 8 characters of my backup code I get an error message "Enter a whole number."

Obviously the validation routine for checking the "Mobile app" data entry is kicking in for the "Backup codes" data entry.  Furthermore, it's obvious your programmer didn't even try it once before implementing this on your LIVE website.

I hope you guys aren't paying too much for your "development" team.  I don't think you are getting your money's worth.

You need to do some proper system testing and fix your broken website.  Angry

Hi Yogafan00000,

Sounds like you are trying to enter your 16-digit Secret Key rather than one of your 10 backup codes, which are 8 digits long.

Also, what authentication app are you using on your smartphone (e.g. Google Authenticator)?

Have you submitted a support ticket?

http://support.cavirtex.com/

If so, what is your ticket number?

If not, please do so.

Thank you.

Yogafan00000

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:35:59 PM

Hi Yogafan00000,

Sounds like you are trying to enter your 16-digit Secret Key rather than one of your 10 backup codes, which are 8 digits long.

Also, what authentication app are you using on your smartphone (e.g. Google Authenticator)?

If not, please do so.

Thank you.

No "backup codes" were ever displayed for me to record.  Only the 16 digit code, which I carefully wrote down and now is apparently useless.

I've been using 2FA on havelock, mtgox, gmail, weexchange, bitfunder with no problems whatsoever.
My only problem is with your buggy login page.

I am annoyed that I have to open YET-ANOTHER-GD support ticket for your poor service.

lightbox

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 06:14:23 PM

Hi Yogafan00000,

If not, please do so.

Thank you.

No "backup codes" were ever displayed for me to record.  Only the 16 digit code, which I carefully wrote down and now is apparently useless.

I've been using 2FA on havelock, mtgox, gmail, weexchange, bitfunder with no problems whatsoever.
My only problem is with your buggy login page.

I am annoyed that I have to open YET-ANOTHER-GD support ticket for your poor service.

My Two Factor Authentication page clearly shows both the secret key, and the "display/hide" link to get the backup codes.. maybe its "hidden" by default, and you have to click the link to expand them.

Code:
Be sure to write down your Secret Key and your Backup Codes in case you lose your mobile device or your mobile device needs to be reset.

Secret Key YOURSECRETKEYHERE

Backup codes
  Display/hide backup codes

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
Yogafan00000

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:56:15 PM

My Two Factor Authentication page clearly shows both the secret key, and the "display/hide" link to get the backup codes.. maybe its "hidden" by default, and you have to click the link to expand them.

Code:
Be sure to write down your Secret Key and your Backup Codes in case you lose your mobile device or your mobile device needs to be reset.

Secret Key YOURSECRETKEYHERE

Backup codes
  Display/hide backup codes

Great advice.  (for someone not already locked out of their account.)

Yogafan00000

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:44:06 PM

I got bored of waiting for the support ticket folks to remedy this situation, so I fixed this myself.

1: I loaded up my google authenticator.
2: did manual key entry
3: typed test for account name
4: and carefully typed in my secret 16 digit code that I carefully wrote down at inital set up
5: clicked save

This gave me a new google athenticator entry called test.

Then I tried to login to cavirtex using my new 'test' entry, which had a completely different number than the cavirtex entry that was loaded using the Q code displayed on the screen when I initially set up 2FA.

It worked.  I'm now logged into cavirtex.

Now, I suspect I have someone else's cavirtex 2FA entry loaded in my phone.
Possible security flaw?  You guys might want to double check your programming code...

12gaFacelift

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:41:04 PM

Right at the moment if you work hard enough you can get $115usd even $120usd but how come on your exchange i can not have $100cad? At 18:38 / 2013-08-20 the price for usd its : 1.00 USD = 1.03 CAD
i do not see why exchange to your site for much less than the "normal" price.

Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ *CANADA ONLY* Colloidal Silver Wire Rod - 12 Gauge Pure Silver .9999 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775964.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0
cavirtex (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 04:32:32 PM

Right at the moment if you work hard enough you can get $115usd even $120usd but how come on your exchange i can not have $100cad? At 18:38 / 2013-08-20 the price for usd its : 1.00 USD = 1.03 CAD
i do not see why exchange to your site for much less than the "normal" price.

As you can imagine, we have been getting these sorts of questions a lot lately.

There is no definitive answer as to why the price is lower at CaVirtex compared to other non-Canadian exchanges. That said, it's common knowledge that traders are having difficulty withdrawing USD from MtGox. This difficulty is likely driving up the demand and price for Bitcoin at Gox as traders look for a way out.

Furthermore, since we are limited to Canadian customers (and corporations), we do not have as much trading volume as exchanges like Gox and BitStamp. Although this may result in lower demand and occasionally lower prices, by limiting ourselves to Canada, we are not exposed to the same risks as some of the other exchanges.

Therefore, we view the lower prices for Bitcoin on CaVirtex as an amazing buy opportunity for traders who believe in the intrinsic value of Bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: