Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:03:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CaVirtex.com Thread  (Read 103298 times)
danone2001

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:54:22 PM

What's the deal with the 50$ a month (!!!!) inactivity fee? Undecided
For some people who created an account with you to hold for a long term, that might spell very expensive bad news.
Given the mandatory verification, and a mandatory "pre authorized debit" for TD customers (as Vogogo option does not work for them), you simply pave a ground for overly expensive, if not blatantly customer hostile service.
Are you desperately trying to loose your customers?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:01:06 PM

For some people who created an account with you to hold for a long term, that might spell very expensive bad news.
Given the mandatory verification, and a mandatory "pre authorized debit" for TD customers (as Vogogo option does not work for them), you simply pave a ground for overly expensive, if not blatantly customer hostile service.
Where do you see an inactivity fee mentioned? I looked through the 'fees' and 'faq' sections and didn't find it.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:00:14 PM

Where do you see an inactivity fee mentioned? I looked through the 'fees' and 'faq' sections and didn't find it.
Sign in. It's on the first page after logging in.
danone2001

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:37:00 AM

Could you not buy/sell $0.01 worth once per year to remain "active"?
As per our terms of service for dormant accounts, inactivity fees have NOT been charged to date due to our other development priorities. This announcement is to notify all users that we will be commencing the billing of dormant account fees on October 23 2013 at 11:00AM (MST). Inactivity for the purpose of determining dormancy is defined as a completed trade between BTC and CAD not occurring for over 1 year.
Cavirtex, have disabled small transactions "to avoid market manipulations". The cost to transfer some new Canadian funds into your Cavirtex account: 30$.
Those are the facts.
Cavirtex representative? Care to comment?!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:36:14 AM

As per our terms of service for dormant accounts, inactivity fees have NOT been charged to date due to our other development priorities. This announcement is to notify all users that we will be commencing the billing of dormant account fees on October 23 2013 at 11:00AM (MST). Inactivity for the purpose of determining dormancy is defined as a completed trade between BTC and CAD not occurring for over 1 year.
Cavirtex, have disabled small transactions "to avoid market manipulations". The cost to transfer some new Canadian funds into your Cavirtex account: 30$.
Those are the facts.

I can answer one not the cavirtex rep but its in their FAQ albeit their is no online payment option for $5 as all I see is Vogogo
https://www.cavirtex.com/faq#eft_fee

Why do you charge such a high fee for EFT?

After 2 years of processing EFT direct withdrawals and having this service shut down by some banks and payment processors, we have learned that this method is the highest risk for fraud even if we perform user verification. In the current state we must provide large capital reserves to account for chargebacks and must price-in the risk of loss we take into the fee.
The best and lowest cost way to deposit funds in Canada is through online bill payment. We encourage you to use that method as it is only $5. Our payment providers support all major banks for online bill payment, if a bank is not supported please submit a support ticket with the name of your bank and we will have it added.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:35:24 PM

Those are the facts.

I can answer one not the cavirtex rep but its in their FAQ albeit their is no online payment option for $5 as all I see is Vogogo
https://www.cavirtex.com/faq#eft_fee

Why do you charge such a high fee for EFT?

After 2 years of processing EFT direct withdrawals and having this service shut down by some banks and payment processors, we have learned that this method is the highest risk for fraud even if we perform user verification. In the current state we must provide large capital reserves to account for chargebacks and must price-in the risk of loss we take into the fee.
The best and lowest cost way to deposit funds in Canada is through online bill payment. We encourage you to use that method as it is only $5. Our payment providers support all major banks for online bill payment, if a bank is not supported please submit a support ticket with the name of your bank and we will have it added.

Using Vogogo is the way to do the online bill payment method now. I believe I read ( don't have time to dig it up now ) that one doesn't need to have an account with Vogogo to use that method. That is just what you setup as the payee at your bank. I have found that sending off an email to Virtex to ask about things like this usually gets a quick reply.
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 01:43:39 AM

Hello,

Bitcoin trades happen 24/7 it seems like a good idea to have at least one customer service rep working at least weekends.  If you only have staff working 9-5 weekdays there is a lot of dead time where customers can't get answers to inquiry tickets.

Do you have any staff working weekends or outside regular working hours?
bitdigger2013

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 02:10:50 AM

Seems like order book is frozen since the BTC price crash and orders stuck pending.

Anyone else having same issue with pending orders that are not filled that should be?
Ilikeham

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:17:46 AM

yeah it's screwed up and of course no one is around to fix it... useless tools. Lots of market volatility but you can't make trades.
cabin

Activity: 604

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:19:28 AM

yes, same problem and I guess that is why the spread is so big.

Seems like order book is frozen since the BTC price crash and orders stuck pending.

Anyone else having same issue with pending orders that are not filled that should be?
bitdigger2013

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 02:21:22 AM

really sucks...this is exactly when you need it to work.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:21:36 AM

Tweeted 20min. ago.

CaVirtex @cavirtex

We are aware of the trading freeze and are working to restore, updates to follow

bitdigger2013

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 02:23:38 AM

yes, same problem and I guess that is why the spread is so big.

I was just noting that spread. Didn't notice the clock had been stuck for an hour  Cheesy

I hit above market and got stuck pending
happycamper

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:35:02 AM

This is really annoying. At least let people cancel a pending order.
bitdigger2013

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 02:38:39 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2013, 03:04:53 AM by bitdigger2013

This is really annoying. At least let people cancel a pending order.

Its back up my orders are no longer pending BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN FILLED that is real bullshit now they are open...when I sent them I hit above market.

Extremely disappointed with the outcome of this freeze. I clearly sent orders timestamped when the market was lower then my orders and when they bring it back up it is $60 higher and my orders are open instead of filled.  All I get from support is the engine was down now were back up.
abababab

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:20:33 AM

I apologize if this isn't an appropriate place to post this message (and if not, of course it should be removed).

I have opened a ticket several days ago through CaVirtex's support system and have yet to receive a response on this:

On Oct. 30th I was charge an account inactivity fee.  I understand that this fee was stated in their TOS since the beginning (I signed up in June 2011) and that they simply hadn't started applying the fee.  On Oct 15th they announced the commencement of this fee on their announcement page but not via email, even though they have sent announcements via email about fees etc as recently as July.

Their TOS states that the fee would be $50 CAD/month withdrawn as BTC.

Despite this, on Oct. 30th they withdrew -3.99 BTC as an "Inactivity Fee"

Here is a screenshot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/128280/Screenshots/cc5d1yvs-7_c.png

MY MAIN ISSUE is that $50CAD on Oct 30th should have been around .15 BTC but they have taken ~26x times that and they have not explained this issue even though I opened a support ticket on Nov 6th.

MY SECONDARY ISSUE is that I don't feel that they have enacted these inactivity fees in good faith.  I understand that they "are not a bank", fair enough, but their system is obviously capable of sending emails about accounts entering inactivity status, and it is aware of which accounts would be approaching a fee deadline.  And of course they have sent fee change email notifications in the past, and in the user settings they have an option (defaulted to on) for bulletin emails.

CaVirtex/Joseph David/etc:  PLEASE follow up on this ASAP, especially my main issue.  I feel like a response out in the open here is most appropriate as I think these are serious issues and your treatment of them should affect your trustworthiness within the community. However,  barring that, I have an open support ticket that Allison responded to (26.5 hours after opening) where she only responded with a repost of the announcement and totally ignored the fact that the main issue is that you hugely over-charged me. My follow up messages have gone unanswered.

Thanks.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:03:43 PM

$1200 inactivity fee :0

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Ilikeham

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:37:17 PM

I apologize if this isn't an appropriate place to post this message (and if not, of course it should be removed).

I have opened a ticket several days ago through CaVirtex's support system and have yet to receive a response on this:

On Oct. 30th I was charge an account inactivity fee.  I understand that this fee was stated in their TOS since the beginning (I signed up in June 2011) and that they simply hadn't started applying the fee.  On Oct 15th they announced the commencement of this fee on their announcement page but not via email, even though they have sent announcements via email about fees etc as recently as July.

Here is a screenshot:

MY MAIN ISSUE is that $50CAD on Oct 30th should have been around .15 BTC but they have taken ~26x times that and they have not explained this issue even though I opened a support ticket on Nov 6th.

MY SECONDARY ISSUE is that I don't feel that they have enacted these inactivity fees in good faith.  I understand that they "are not a bank", fair enough, but their system is obviously capable of sending emails about accounts entering inactivity status, and it is aware of which accounts would be approaching a fee deadline.  And of course they have sent fee change email notifications in the past, and in the user settings they have an option (defaulted to on) for bulletin emails.

CaVirtex/Joseph David/etc:  PLEASE follow up on this ASAP, especially my main issue.  I feel like a response out in the open here is most appropriate as I think these are serious issues and your treatment of them should affect your trustworthiness within the community. However,  barring that, I have an open support ticket that Allison responded to (26.5 hours after opening) where she only responded with a repost of the announcement and totally ignored the fact that the main issue is that you hugely over-charged me. My follow up messages have gone unanswered.

Thanks.

I hope you get this sorted out, I've been rapidly getting more and more annoyed by the blaise outlook they have on customer care. The trade engine being down during the height of the volatility seems fairly convenient for them as well. Since there is no entity that will review these guys it's up to as as customers to relate these things to each other out in the open.
cavirtex (OP)

Activity: 143

CAVIRTEX | Canadian Virtual Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 02:03:05 PM

Here is a screenshot:

Thanks.

I hope you get this sorted out, I've been rapidly getting more and more annoyed by the blaise outlook they have on customer care. The trade engine being down during the height of the volatility seems fairly convenient for them as well. Since there is no entity that will review these guys it's up to as as customers to relate these things to each other out in the open.

On the contrary, we care deeply about our customers and we understand the frustrations some have experienced during this recent rally. Far from being blasé, nothing upsets us more than than glitches that cause temporary trading issues. However, the reality is, we're in unchartered territory in terms of trading volume and we're doing everything we can to accommodate the additional demand. As we move forward, we are beefing up our infrastructure and constantly making improvements to our trading engine so we can provide Canadians with a robust and reliable Bitcoin exchange.

CAVIRTEX is Canada's #1 Bitcoin exchange with over 90 million CAD traded in our 3 years of operations. Visit https://www.cavirtex.com.
cabin

Activity: 604

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:09:35 PM

Here is a screenshot:

Thanks.

On the contrary, we care deeply about our customers and we understand the frustrations some have experienced during this recent rally. Far from being blasé, nothing upsets us more than than glitches that cause temporary trading issues. However, the reality is, we're in unchartered territory in terms of trading volume and we're doing everything we can to accommodate the additional demand. As we move forward, we are beefing up our infrastructure and constantly making improvements to our trading engine so we can provide Canadians with a robust and reliable Bitcoin exchange.

So to be clear, was the 4BTC inactivity fee a glitch and it has been sorted out?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: