Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:06:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CaVirtex.com Thread  (Read 103311 times)
cavirtex (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

CAVIRTEX | Canadian Virtual Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 05:07:45 PM

I apologize if this isn't an appropriate place to post this message (and if not, of course it should be removed).

I have opened a ticket several days ago through CaVirtex's support system and have yet to receive a response on this:

On Oct. 30th I was charge an account inactivity fee.  I understand that this fee was stated in their TOS since the beginning (I signed up in June 2011) and that they simply hadn't started applying the fee.  On Oct 15th they announced the commencement of this fee on their announcement page but not via email, even though they have sent announcements via email about fees etc as recently as July.

Their TOS states that the fee would be $50 CAD/month withdrawn as BTC.

Despite this, on Oct. 30th they withdrew -3.99 BTC as an "Inactivity Fee"

Here is a screenshot:

MY MAIN ISSUE is that $50CAD on Oct 30th should have been around .15 BTC but they have taken ~26x times that and they have not explained this issue even though I opened a support ticket on Nov 6th.

MY SECONDARY ISSUE is that I don't feel that they have enacted these inactivity fees in good faith.  I understand that they "are not a bank", fair enough, but their system is obviously capable of sending emails about accounts entering inactivity status, and it is aware of which accounts would be approaching a fee deadline.  And of course they have sent fee change email notifications in the past, and in the user settings they have an option (defaulted to on) for bulletin emails.

CaVirtex/Joseph David/etc:  PLEASE follow up on this ASAP, especially my main issue.  I feel like a response out in the open here is most appropriate as I think these are serious issues and your treatment of them should affect your trustworthiness within the community. However,  barring that, I have an open support ticket that Allison responded to (26.5 hours after opening) where she only responded with a repost of the announcement and totally ignored the fact that the main issue is that you hugely over-charged me. My follow up messages have gone unanswered.

Thanks.

I hope you get this sorted out, I've been rapidly getting more and more annoyed by the blaise outlook they have on customer care. The trade engine being down during the height of the volatility seems fairly convenient for them as well. Since there is no entity that will review these guys it's up to as as customers to relate these things to each other out in the open.

On the contrary, we care deeply about our customers and we understand the frustrations some have experienced during this recent rally. Far from being blasé, nothing upsets us more than than glitches that cause temporary trading issues. However, the reality is, we're in unchartered territory in terms of trading volume and we're doing everything we can to accommodate the additional demand. As we move forward, we are beefing up our infrastructure and constantly making improvements to our trading engine so we can provide Canadians with a robust and reliable Bitcoin exchange.

So to be clear, was the 4BTC inactivity fee a glitch and it has been sorted out?

abababab's concerns have since been addressed within our support ticket system.

Please understand that if a customer deposits at Virtex without trading, it costs the company time and money to administer and secure that customer's account. This is why dormant account fees are in effect.

Note: Dormant account fees are based on the price/BTC at the time the fees are administered.

CAVIRTEX is Canada's #1 Bitcoin exchange with over 90 million CAD traded in our 3 years of operations. Visit https://www.cavirtex.com.
danone2001

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:38:45 AM

I apologize if this isn't an appropriate place to post this message (and if not, of course it should be removed).

I have opened a ticket several days ago through CaVirtex's support system and have yet to receive a response on this:

On Oct. 30th I was charge an account inactivity fee.  I understand that this fee was stated in their TOS since the beginning (I signed up in June 2011) and that they simply hadn't started applying the fee.  On Oct 15th they announced the commencement of this fee on their announcement page but not via email, even though they have sent announcements via email about fees etc as recently as July.

Their TOS states that the fee would be $50 CAD/month withdrawn as BTC.

Despite this, on Oct. 30th they withdrew -3.99 BTC as an "Inactivity Fee"

Here is a screenshot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/128280/Screenshots/cc5d1yvs-7_c.png

MY MAIN ISSUE is that $50CAD on Oct 30th should have been around .15 BTC but they have taken ~26x times that and they have not explained this issue even though I opened a support ticket on Nov 6th.

MY SECONDARY ISSUE is that I don't feel that they have enacted these inactivity fees in good faith.  I understand that they "are not a bank", fair enough, but their system is obviously capable of sending emails about accounts entering inactivity status, and it is aware of which accounts would be approaching a fee deadline.  And of course they have sent fee change email notifications in the past, and in the user settings they have an option (defaulted to on) for bulletin emails.

CaVirtex/Joseph David/etc:  PLEASE follow up on this ASAP, especially my main issue.  I feel like a response out in the open here is most appropriate as I think these are serious issues and your treatment of them should affect your trustworthiness within the community. However,  barring that, I have an open support ticket that Allison responded to (26.5 hours after opening) where she only responded with a repost of the announcement and totally ignored the fact that the main issue is that you hugely over-charged me. My follow up messages have gone unanswered.

Thanks.

I hope you get this sorted out, I've been rapidly getting more and more annoyed by the blaise outlook they have on customer care. The trade engine being down during the height of the volatility seems fairly convenient for them as well. Since there is no entity that will review these guys it's up to as as customers to relate these things to each other out in the open.

On the contrary, we care deeply about our customers and we understand the frustrations some have experienced during this recent rally. Far from being blasé, nothing upsets us more than than glitches that cause temporary trading issues. However, the reality is, we're in unchartered territory in terms of trading volume and we're doing everything we can to accommodate the additional demand. As we move forward, we are beefing up our infrastructure and constantly making improvements to our trading engine so we can provide Canadians with a robust and reliable Bitcoin exchange.

So to be clear, was the 4BTC inactivity fee a glitch and it has been sorted out?

Please understand that if a customer deposits at Virtex without trading, it costs the company time and money to administer and secure that customer's account. This is why dormant account fees are in effect.

Note: Dormant account fees are based on the price/BTC at the time the fees are administered.

I'm sorry: In what galaxy 3.99 BTC were worth 50$ in October?
l.j2300

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:07:44 AM

I made my virtex account recently and had made deposits that have arrived successfully. I made some trades for the past few days (today as well) but when I tried to sign back in to make more, I received this message:

"This account is deactivated. Please contact customer support for reactivation."

I immediately attempted to call there support number (no answer after 5 times of trying so I am assuming they do not work these hours). I also opened up a support ticket and asked what the problem is and to restore my account as I am missing out on trades that I wanted to do.
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:10:37 AM

Are you planning to charge 600$ bucks a year for inactive accounts that have no money or coins in them?

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:04:32 AM

Wow these guys are shooting their foots with this inactivity fees.

They're not leading exchange for trading. They're small and mainly for new Canadian bitcoiners.

Good luck....
cavirtex (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 02:53:04 PM

I made my virtex account recently and had made deposits that have arrived successfully. I made some trades for the past few days (today as well) but when I tried to sign back in to make more, I received this message:

"This account is deactivated. Please contact customer support for reactivation."

I immediately attempted to call there support number (no answer after 5 times of trying so I am assuming they do not work these hours). I also opened up a support ticket and asked what the problem is and to restore my account as I am missing out on trades that I wanted to do.

Generally, we are available on the phone during regular business hours (i.e. Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm in all Canadian time zones). Opening a support ticket is the best way to go outside of these hours.

CAVIRTEX is Canada's #1 Bitcoin exchange with over 90 million CAD traded in our 3 years of operations. Visit https://www.cavirtex.com.
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:11:58 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 05:28:34 PM by _mr_e

Do you have any updates on making payments from my TD account? I have a few people that want to get into bitcoin but I'm not even sure what to tell them to do since they have TD accounts. Obviously I can't make them switch bank accounts just to buy some btc...
cavirtex (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 06:00:18 PM

Do you have any updates on making payments from my TD account? I have a few people that want to get into bitcoin but I'm not even sure what to tell them to do since they have TD accounts. Obviously I can't make them switch bank accounts just to buy some btc...

Hi _mr_e.

We're still working on getting TD bill payments back, however, we don't have an estimate of when.

It is still possible to make EFT deposits from TD.

And for larger depositors, bank wires are available.

We're also actively seeking new deposit options, which we hope to have soon.

_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:05:17 PM

Thank you. I just checked my deposit page and I see a message that my account has been blocked. I've placed a ticket but I really hope my funds are not being tied up because of this. Can someone please look at this ticket asap?
l.j2300

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:05:26 PM

Cavirtex,

I just tried calling the line right now and no one answered (sent me to the leave message voice mail). As far as my account being deactivated, the support team said that my account was flagged because my IP address was in Germany? They also asked if I was using a VPN or was traveling out of the country. I am not doing neither of these and I am using a Canadian IP. This must be a glitch in the system.

Can you get someone to reactivate my account, I already missed out on the trades I wanted to do and this process is just taking longer then I thought. I can PM you my username on virtex if you are not sure who I am.
cavirtex (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 06:17:23 PM

Cavirtex,

I just tried calling the line right now and no one answered (sent me to the leave message voice mail). As far as my account being deactivated, the support team said that my account was flagged because my IP address was in Germany? They also asked if I was using a VPN or was traveling out of the country. I am not doing neither of these and I am using a Canadian IP. This must be a glitch in the system.

Can you get someone to reactivate my account, I already missed out on the trades I wanted to do and this process is just taking longer then I thought. I can PM you my username on virtex if you are not sure who I am.

For account related questions like these, please use our support ticket system.

With respect to the phone, we have been very busy lately, however, our representatives will return your call. Did you leave a voicemail?

I will speak with our customer service department about your case.

Thank you.

l.j2300

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:32:38 PM

Cavirtex,

For account related questions like these, please use our support ticket system.

With respect to the phone, we have been very busy lately, however, our representatives will return your call. Did you leave a voicemail?

I will speak with our customer service department about your case.

Thank you.

Thank you, if you can do anything to speed up the process that would be helpful. I just got contacted by one of the support team and they are verifying security questions, so it looks like it should be good to go after they review my answers.
abababab

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:18:27 PM

NO they haven't.  I missed notifications of the thread update otherwise I would have posted back sooner

CaVirtex is now claiming that they were actually calculating dormant activity fees the whole time, but not charging them because of their own "development priorities".  So all of a sudden in october it suits them to start charging, so they back-charge at todays rate rather than the rate at each of the dormant months that they were supposedly calculating.  Totally fucked. 

Obviously they had an opportunity to clarify that in their announcement on the oct 15th but of course they didn't, saying only "This announcement is to notify all users that we will be commencing the billing of dormant account fees on October 23 2013 at 11:00AM (MST)."

Again they also had an opportunity to email a notice to dormant accounts but this wouldn't net as much $$$ so they didn't.  They ALSO had an opportunity above to clearly state that that is what accounts for the 4BTC fee and they didn't

I'd also like to point out that they had an IPO for Havelock a while ago but then announced at the beginning of october that they couldn't deliver on their (first??) dividend (http://blog.cavirtex.com/announcement-ceo-joseph-david) which included this as one of their two points:

VirtEx is re-investing all revenues to grow our company and maintain our team of 15 employees, as well as investing in marketing and legal counsel.

Smells to me like they are growing unsustainably and/or mismanaging finances and have to pull cashgrabs like these. 

If they can't manage to run an exchange that is popular and well used and has already high fees without pulling shit like this then something is seriously wrong.

l.j2300

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:00:42 PM

Just updating everyone regarding my reactivation issue. It was fixed and everything seems to be good to go.
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:32:52 PM

Just updating everyone regarding my reactivation issue. It was fixed and everything seems to be good to go.

The lady on the phone told me I would hear back from someone shortly regarding my blocked account but no one has called me back.
l.j2300

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:03:47 AM

The lady on the phone told me I would hear back from someone shortly regarding my blocked account but no one has called me back.

Open up a support ticket as well if you haven't already done so. Did they tell you know what the block was for? Did you receive the same message as me? " Your account has been deactivated. Please contact support to reactivate your account"?

From what I know from support team, those deactivated accounts come from either 10 password fails or if you are using an IP that is from a different country in Canada or even a different provider (if you are in work etc.) Also they told me that they accounts will be deactivated when you are using a VPN.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:53:43 AM

NO they haven't.  I missed notifications of the thread update otherwise I would have posted back sooner

CaVirtex is now claiming that they were actually calculating dormant activity fees the whole time, but not charging them because of their own "development priorities".  So all of a sudden in october it suits them to start charging, so they back-charge at todays rate rather than the rate at each of the dormant months that they were supposedly calculating.  Totally fucked. 

Obviously they had an opportunity to clarify that in their announcement on the oct 15th but of course they didn't, saying only "This announcement is to notify all users that we will be commencing the billing of dormant account fees on October 23 2013 at 11:00AM (MST)."

Again they also had an opportunity to email a notice to dormant accounts but this wouldn't net as much $$$ so they didn't.  They ALSO had an opportunity above to clearly state that that is what accounts for the 4BTC fee and they didn't

I'd also like to point out that they had an IPO for Havelock a while ago but then announced at the beginning of october that they couldn't deliver on their (first??) dividend (http://blog.cavirtex.com/announcement-ceo-joseph-david) which included this as one of their two points:

VirtEx is re-investing all revenues to grow our company and maintain our team of 15 employees, as well as investing in marketing and legal counsel.

Smells to me like they are growing unsustainably and/or mismanaging finances and have to pull cashgrabs like these. 

If they can't manage to run an exchange that is popular and well used and has already high fees without pulling shit like this then something is seriously wrong.

Good thing they didn't charge you in btc from 2011 and 12 or you would have been owing well over 1 btc per month

It was in the fine print, and you didn't read it
1 btc trade in the past year would have solved this problem

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:21:43 AM

On the flip side of my last comment
Them not sending you an email was bunk...
Also I think it is about time for a financial report
... not having one out quarterly is a bit of a red herring

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:00:11 PM

Guys, the share price is tanking. I think you really need to release SOMETHING to your investors. People are having no idea how to valuate this company, what you're making, how much you're holding in btc, how much you're spending etc and I am feeling some very negative vibes towards virtex surfacing all around the internet. Why must everything be so tight lipped? I've been a holder since IPO and so far that has gotten me nowhere other than a ton of lost btc. We desperately need something, I really don't think it's fair how all these people that gave you a ton of money to grow your business are being treated and new investors are being scared away from this company. You started off good with your prospectus and your shareholder email but all we've heard lately is silence and the removal of payment methods. The liquidity is so horrible it's pretty much impossible for anyone with a substantial position to sell anything. I know I've met you guys and you all seem to be working very hard but when it comes to running a company publicly you really need more transparency and it appears you've dropped the ball, if you are not willing to do this then maybe you should have not sold shares publicly to begin with. I really think that somebody needs to answer to this problem publicly because it is starting to get out of hand.

I also feel that virtex desperately needs a website overhaul. With competitors like vault of satoshi coming out of the woodwork with their clean, appealing user interfaces virtex is beginning to feel very dated. When I point new people to the website they appear very confused about where they are supposed to go and what they're supposed to do.

We need to start a more open dialogue with shareholders. Perhaps open up another forum discussion for ideas and discussions around Virtex's operations. This is the territory that comes with having a publicly held company and I feel it is time you guys step up to the plate.
cavirtex (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 05:38:57 PM

Guys, the share price is tanking. I think you really need to release SOMETHING to your investors. People are having no idea how to valuate this company, what you're making, how much you're holding in btc, how much you're spending etc and I am feeling some very negative vibes towards virtex surfacing all around the internet. Why must everything be so tight lipped? I've been a holder since IPO and so far that has gotten me nowhere other than a ton of lost btc. We desperately need something, I really don't think it's fair how all these people that gave you a ton of money to grow your business are being treated and new investors are being scared away from this company. You started off good with your prospectus and your shareholder email but all we've heard lately is silence and the removal of payment methods. The liquidity is so horrible it's pretty much impossible for anyone with a substantial position to sell anything. I know I've met you guys and you all seem to be working very hard but when it comes to running a company publicly you really need more transparency and it appears you've dropped the ball, if you are not willing to do this then maybe you should have not sold shares publicly to begin with. I really think that somebody needs to answer to this problem publicly because it is starting to get out of hand.

I also feel that virtex desperately needs a website overhaul. With competitors like vault of satoshi coming out of the woodwork with their clean, appealing user interfaces virtex is beginning to feel very dated. When I point new people to the website they appear very confused about where they are supposed to go and what they're supposed to do.

We need to start a more open dialogue with shareholders. Perhaps open up another forum discussion for ideas and discussions around Virtex's operations. This is the territory that comes with having a publicly held company and I feel it is time you guys step up to the plate.

_mr_e,

I have spoken to you on the phone and met you in person. I understand you are concerned, but rest assured, Virtex is doing extremely well. In fact, we have a substantial blacklog of people who want to get verified and begin trading. Yes, the verification process is not quick and easy, but this is the reality of operating a Bitcoin exchange in Canada. We need to be diligent in order to maintain our relationships with banks and processors, not to mention keep traders protected from fraud.

The enormous demand to become verified is a testament to the level of trust people have in what is the largest and oldest Bitcoin exchange in Canada.

In terms of communications, we could dedicate time and money and hire staff to constantly communicate with people on posting forums, but would this really be good use of capital when we have people waiting to get verified, when we have our development team working on a shorting platform and bringing Litecoin trading to the exchange, when we have sales force working to bring in new merchants and build out our merchant API shopping cart, when we are trying to forge mutually beneficial relationships with new Bitcoin startups, when we are trying hard to open up new deposit methods, when we are trying to beef up our exchange software and eliminate bugs so that we minimize down time, etc., etc.?

Based on our current resources, we try our best to communicate through social media outlets like Twitter and Facebook. We will also engage in posting forum discussions and respond to comments and questions where warranted. That said, we will not get lured into shouting matches.

As for the look of the website, that is a matter of opinion. Granted, it might not feature a lot of the design elements that are currently in vogue, however, there are many who like it. There are plenty of other sites that don't follow the latest design trends (craigslist, reddit, kijiji, ebay, etc.), yet they're not hurting for users either.

On the flipside, I can guarantee you, if we were to "overhaul" the site as you suggest, posting forums would light up with complaints and criticisms. I've been down this road many times.

All that said, we certainly have discussed giving the site a minor face lift, however, it's simply a lower priority at the moment. There are simply so many other things that we're working on that will have a direct impact on growing revenue.

As a shareholder, I can assure you that everyone is "stepping up to the plate" and working flat-out to build Virtex. Like you, we too have a vested interest in the company and we are all in this for the long haul.

I realize that in the Internet age we're used to things happening in hyper speed, but keep in mind Virtex is less than three years old. We are still in the early stages of growth. With that in mind, as an investor, you might want to try taking a longer view.

I believe you have my phone number. You are welcome to give me call if you would really like to discuss things further.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: