Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 05:29:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CaVirtex.com Thread  (Read 103313 times)
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:44:42 AM

why are you guys going down AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME! BTC is crashing and all of a sudden "522 ERROR". Fix this NOW!
ar9

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:18:50 AM

Was not a big fan of CaVirtex crashing when BTC plunged.
Doesn't bode well for users wanting to ensure they don't get ****ed by an inevitable crash...
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:22:03 AM

In all fairness this has happened many times on other exchanges but this is the second time for virtex recently.

It would be awesome if you guys could post to explain what happened and what actions you are taking to prevent it from happening again.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:53:00 AM

Edit: I just checked my inactive account (0- balance), under Transaction History there is a Inactivity Fee on in Oct 2013 (last month). But since my account balance is already 0, it didnt go through. What happen when i deposit my fund? will Cavirtex charge me for many months of inactivity? Its ridiculous if they do.
I agree, charging arrears when a customer decides to re-fund their account would be ridiculous (the inactivity fee itself is ridiculous, but that is a discussion for another day).

I would like to hear cavirtex's official stance on this.

Bump can you answer this ? I'm about to nuke my account and never gonna use Cavirtex again.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:17:30 AM

Was not a big fan of CaVirtex crashing when BTC plunged.
Doesn't bode well for users wanting to ensure they don't get ****ed by an inevitable crash...

Which time? seems to be a common theme, and not just with VirtEx...  

during the time that BTC went from 825 to 600 (8:25pm EST to 8:50pm EST). Luckily for me I kept hitting f5 and managed to buy some BTC at 608.
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:22:04 AM

It would be awesome if you guys could post to explain what happened and what actions you are taking to prevent it from happening again.
I would like to know this as well. Why did the site tank and what is being done do mitigate future occurrences? Problems like this should be taken as an opportunity to find and strengthen weaknesses. When the site goes down, especially during such volatile periods, customers are prevented from doing what they rely on cavirtex for: trading.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:40:49 AM

I would like to know this as well. Why did the site tank and what is being done do mitigate future occurrences? Problems like this should be taken as an opportunity to find and strengthen weaknesses. When the site goes down, especially during such volatile periods, customers are prevented from doing what they rely on cavirtex for: trading.

What is the best way to contact Cavirtex? it seems they dont reply on this forum often. Do they have a private chat channel?
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:19:41 PM

Everyone should take a big deep breath
Most of us don't use cavirtex as our main trading engine
It is the vehicle that we use to connect BTC to our bank accounts.
A job they do quite well despite the banks hostility

If this is about IPO price tanking remember to look at there trade volume and consider the possible dividend.

The only thing I'm worried about atm is there lack of any financial reports....
because although the rest can be annoying
No report is just bad business especially because if they don't have one out it is either because
A.    It would be damaging to their business to release one
Or
B.    They are waiting for the end of the fourth quarter so they can show awesome growth after this run up
Or
C.  Complete incompetence

I'm hoping for b

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:38:52 PM

Everyone should take a big deep breath
Most of us don't use cavirtex as our main trading engine
It is the vehicle that we use to connect BTC to our bank accounts.
A job they do quite well despite the banks hostility

If this is about IPO price tanking remember to look at there trade volume and consider the possible dividend.

The only thing I'm worried about atm is there lack of any financial reports....
because although the rest can be annoying
No report is just bad business especially because if they don't have one out it is either because
A.    It would be damaging to their business to release one
Or
B.    They are waiting for the end of the fourth quarter so they can show awesome growth after this run up
Or
C.  Complete incompetence

I'm hoping for b

Hoping for b as well. Looking at their chart lately with increasing volume and heavily increasing price, they must be raking in the fees. Yesterday there was 2k btc traded at what looks like an average of $600 = 2,000*600*0.03 = $36,000 revenue before taxes in one day. Then there are any deposit/withdrawal fees they collect. They look well on track to destroy that today. Not bad. Perhaps people are just freaking out and selling a low volume stock in order to sell at the top of this bubble? Same thing happened to stocks last bubble.

Sitting here watching so much of my btc disappear while the price continues to rise is very concerning however.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:33:23 PM

That will change instantly if there is a good dividend on quarter 1
But as I said before
A report would be nice

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:11:43 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 02:14:42 PM by _mr_e

Still waiting for my deposit from the 15th,whats going on guys?

Edit: Ummm, how is it possible that my deposit from the 17th was just processed while I'm still waiting for one from the 15th and 16th?
xuemike

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:36:28 PM

I am getting this:
This account is deactivated. Please contact customer support for reactivation

What is going on. this is like the second time in 2 weeks
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:33:48 AM

So far I have never had a problem with deposits at cavirtex

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:56:17 AM

I am getting this:

I'll guess on this one but if you type the password wrong several times you get a lock out and it needs a manual reactivation

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
xuemike

Activity: 116

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:53:39 PM

I am getting this:

I'll guess on this one but if you type the password wrong several times you get a lock out and it needs a manual reactivation

Yes that was exactly it.

On another note, I've been trying to do a direct bank deposit wire transfer, but my bank is telling me I need the business address of cavirtex as well as their bank address.

but the cavirtex only gave me a single address.

Anyone have experience with this?
l.j2300

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:16:30 AM

I am getting this:

Yes that was exactly it.

On another note, I've been trying to do a direct bank deposit wire transfer, but my bank is telling me I need the business address of cavirtex as well as their bank address.

but the cavirtex only gave me a single address.

Anyone have experience with this?

I had a similar problem but it was fixed after the people in the bank realized when they type in the SWIFT, it should basically give all the information. When I emailed cavirtex for wire instructions, they provided me with all the details (you can just print it out and hand it over to the bank employee).
bakada

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:50:25 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 07:01:04 PM by bakada

medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 01:31:02 AM

We only verifying Canadian citizens at the present time. Customers can open an account under a Canadian corporation, however, the administrator of the account must be verified and be Canadian.

We are consulting with our legal team as well as our banking and processing partners and are hoping to soon allow Canadian corporations owned by non-Canadians to open accounts.

What about non-resident Canadians with Canadian bank accounts?

If a person has a Canadian bank account as well as government-issued photo ID with a residential address (i.e. driver's licence) and a proof of residential address document that matches the address listed on your identification, this would likely be considered acceptable by our verification department. Hence, bakada may have a point about adding the word "Resident". I will discuss this with my colleagues. Thank you.

Yup, this is why you booted me from your system after validating me and saying it was fine I live abroad.  You then changed your rules.  If your not a Canadian, living in Canada.  Don't bother sending them your ID documents.   

I have a similar issuse.  I am abroad and have been blocked.  I wish a simple Skype video call could do the trick.  And my problem isn't withdrawing money, I don't want cash, I want to deposit money.
bakada

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:09:46 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 07:00:03 PM by bakada

l.j2300

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:52:07 AM

We only verifying Canadian citizens at the present time. Customers can open an account under a Canadian corporation, however, the administrator of the account must be verified and be Canadian.

We are consulting with our legal team as well as our banking and processing partners and are hoping to soon allow Canadian corporations owned by non-Canadians to open accounts.

What about non-resident Canadians with Canadian bank accounts?

If a person has a Canadian bank account as well as government-issued photo ID with a residential address (i.e. driver's licence) and a proof of residential address document that matches the address listed on your identification, this would likely be considered acceptable by our verification department. Hence, bakada may have a point about adding the word "Resident". I will discuss this with my colleagues. Thank you.

Yup, this is why you booted me from your system after validating me and saying it was fine I live abroad.  You then changed your rules.  If your not a Canadian, living in Canada.  Don't bother sending them your ID documents.   

I have a similar issuse.  I am abroad and have been blocked.  I wish a simple Skype video call could do the trick.  And my problem isn't withdrawing money, I don't want cash, I want to deposit money.

Yup thats what I wanted to do.   I was able to deposit a few times.  But then they changed their validation rules to where they want you to have a local utility bill, so I gave up on the idea.   Just use bitstamp.   Its like 4 hour deposits on wires.   Cavirtex is a week, if not more when your depositing over 5k.

4 Hour deposits on wires!? Is this only from the country you are in or is that generally everyone's experience?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: