Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:24:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CaVirtex.com Thread  (Read 103310 times)
hobbymd

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:01:14 AM

Joseph David: “Happy new year to all! We have made substantial progress on verifications and tickets over the past few weeks and will continue to do so over the coming week as we now have all of our staff back from holidays. miicard live integration is going much slower than planned due to the many intricacies in the live integration process that did not exist in our test environment, we are continuing our full time efforts to resolve these issues. Our new data centers are still in progress of being setup; the delays on this are due to the many redundancies we are putting in place now to limit the time on any future outages should they occur. Debit card loading has been resumed and wire transfer functionality will also be restored in the coming days. I will also be releasing a year in the review message recapping the challenges and accomplishments in 2013 as well as a look ahead into our plans for 2014.”

Makes me feel a little better.

+1   good for Cavirtex and us customers
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:40:58 PM

when will you support Litecoin?

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:07:18 PM

So has anyone read the share registration document yet? What is with that clause stating you have to be an accredited investor? I, and I doubt many others, meet any of the listed rules to be considered an accredited investor,  which includes things like being a millionaire. I cannot sign the contract in its current form. What are we supposed to do now?

I'm starting to feel like we've been duped after all. This requirement was never mentioned once anywhere! I'm back to being extremely worried again and somebody needs to address this ASAP.
eyecoins

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:08:09 PM

So has anyone read the share registration document yet? What is with that clause stating you have to be an accredited investor? I, and I doubt many others, meet any of the listed rules to be considered an accredited investor,  which includes things like being a millionaire. I cannot sign the contract in its current form. What are we supposed to do now?

I'm starting to feel like we've been duped after all. This requirement was never mentioned once anywhere! I'm back to being extremely worried again and somebody needs to address this ASAP.

I came to post this. It seems like I'll have to go open an account with an "accredited investor" and get them to complete these documents in my name. Is that right?

I would have sold my shares on Havelock if I had known in advance.

MJD

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:53:43 PM

I came to post this. It seems like I'll have to go open an account with an "accredited investor" and get them to complete these documents in my name. Is that right?

I would have sold my shares on Havelock if I had known in advance.

Based upon this link: http://www.osc.gov.on.ca/en/21943.htm, that isn't good enough.  Accredited investors can only purchase shares for themselves, and not for another person.  Though IANAL and IANAA, so I might be reading that wrong.
burgergold

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:31:04 AM

So I recently got my first 0.1BTC and looking to convert it in $ CAD to my bank account and was looking at CaVirtex.
I already have created my account and filled my bank account information.

Now what?
I need to deposit my 0.1 BTC there? What will be the fees? 1.5% ?
Then I need to perform a Direct Deposit withdraw? 6$ charge right?
What will determine the price my 0.1 BTC value?
Anything else?
How long will it takes?

Best regards,
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 09:03:42 AM

Yes, you must send your 0.1 btc to your btc deposit address on Cavirtex.  The fee for selling btc for CAD will be 1.5%.
Then you will see the remaining CAD in your account and you can do a direct withdraw to your bank account for $6.
The price you sell at is determined by what price you enter into the field for "sell for XXX CAD," however, you can sell at the market price as well which is to say sell to the highest bidder.  You can see the current bid and asks on the open trades page here https://www.cavirtex.com/orderbook
The highest bid at the moment is $900 CAD per bitcoin which would nab you $90 minus the fee.

After sending your BTC to cavirtex it will take anywhere from 20 minutes to over an hour to show up in your account.  You can sell the btc in minutes and I'm not sure about the current withdraw time line, but according to their website it takes between 3-5 business days.

If you live in Vancouver you would be better off selling your btc via the bitcoin ATM in downtown.  I believe it's a 5% flat fee which is cheaper then you paying the $6 to withdraw from Cavirtex.
Hope I covered everything.
Peace
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:56:27 PM

so what do we do if we are not an accredited investor?

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
burgergold

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:33:02 AM

I did my first transaction today: 0.1153 BTC at a rate of 920$ CAD. Got 106,08$ when I went to transfer it to my bank account, wasn't able to do 100,08$ Direct Deposit, only 100,07$ because 0.1153*920$ = 106,076
so my cavirtex account still beleive I've 0,01$ CAD
I hope they don't consider this as inactive account in 1year and charge me 50$
They should just round up or down

My 0,006 cents Wink
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:09:41 PM

VaultOfSatoshi.com take's canadain deposit's and are growing more... May be worth moving over.

Not sure what the hell is going on with Virtex, but I can assure you I use them for moving fund's only. I don't keep much of anything with them Sad
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:32:02 PM

I would also like to know the status on
being an accredited investor with virtex.
I have a support ticket with havelock but
so far no response.
Equus

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

Why the long face?

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:13:09 AM

I also want to know what to do with my share since I am not an accredited investor.

As far as I can see this whole process is BS.

-.-. -.-. -- ..-.
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:18:02 PM

I have spoken directly to the CEO Joseph David about this issue and he has informed me that they have been extremely busy dealing with a number of emergencies around getting the new data centres up and running.
This clause in the contract is a MISTAKE and you do NOT need to be an accredited investor. You simply need to leave the Appendix A completely blank, do NOT initial any of the accredited fields and send in your forms. You will then receive an official digital copy of your shares which at that moment means you are the owner of them.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:36:50 PM

I have spoken directly to the CEO Joseph David about this issue and he has informed me that they have been extremely busy dealing with a number of emergencies around getting the new data centres up and running.
This clause in the contract is a MISTAKE and you do NOT need to be an accredited investor. You simply need to leave the Appendix A completely blank, do NOT initial any of the accredited fields and send in your forms. You will then receive an official digital copy of your shares which at that moment means you are the owner of them.

Thanks for this.

Did he mention anything about putting an official statement out about this?  New revised documents to download, etc.? 
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:42:33 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 11:03:52 PM by _mr_e

Thanks for this.

Did he mention anything about putting an official statement out about this?  New revised documents to download, etc.?  

He did say he'd get around to making an official statement when the data centre issues are resolved. I will be filling out only the first two pages of the application and sending those in on their own and see what happens since I don't want to sign the third page that says I am an accredited investor either.
bittydude

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:44:25 PM

Possitive news on my end, debit cards are back up! (for about a week now) I have even been lucky enough for a few times have been loaded more then 600$ a day, actually 300$ x 4 deposits.

More possitive, they are down to the low 100s for verifications from the overwhelming i believe 1800+

even more possitive, there once existence phone will soon be live monitored again!

annnd more possitive news, trade volumes are steady rising after the huge slump of 60-90btc daily late 2013

Although i cant speak on behalf of the virtex share holders, i hope those hiccups are solved shortly. I have also contacted them asking why they dont monitor there Facebook or bitcointalk forum account, probably not worth there time to respond. I do however believe that the larger btc gurus are on these forums...after all alot of you guys are speaking of owning shares, so this is your piece of the pie.

I may have said un-profound things about my guys at virtex but the "online money" thing always puts a darkside on people, especially if you ever used paypal LOL been here through thick and thin, all the way back when you could have EMT 1000$ in your bank within 20-30 minutes, even if you wanted more Joesph would update the "Available EMT withdraw" ticker while you are on the phone with him so he made sure it went to you and not someone else. Yes people, it is true, Joesph himself used to answer the phone himself, i swear he didnt take time off...i could actually here him put his fork/knife down on his plate and have a conversation with me. A man that will set a hot meal aside for his customers...il stick around.

ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:52:03 PM

its positive not "possitive"
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:52:28 PM

Possitive news on my end, debit cards are back up! (for about a week now) I have even been lucky enough for a few times have been loaded more then 600$ a day, actually 300$ x 4 deposits.

More possitive, they are down to the low 100s for verifications from the overwhelming i believe 1800+

even more possitive, there once existence phone will soon be live monitored again!

annnd more possitive news, trade volumes are steady rising after the huge slump of 60-90btc daily late 2013

Although i cant speak on behalf of the virtex share holders, i hope those hiccups are solved shortly. I have also contacted them asking why they dont monitor there Facebook or bitcointalk forum account, probably not worth there time to respond. I do however believe that the larger btc gurus are on these forums...after all alot of you guys are speaking of owning shares, so this is your piece of the pie.

I may have said un-profound things about my guys at virtex but the "online money" thing always puts a darkside on people, especially if you ever used paypal LOL been here through thick and thin, all the way back when you could have EMT 1000$ in your bank within 20-30 minutes, even if you wanted more Joesph would update the "Available EMT withdraw" ticker while you are on the phone with him so he made sure it went to you and not someone else. Yes people, it is true, Joesph himself used to answer the phone himself, i swear he didnt take time off...i could actually here him put his fork/knife down on his plate and have a conversation with me. A man that will set a hot meal aside for his customers...il stick around.

And more positives, new redundant data centres have been being set up for weeks and are almost ready. Say goodbye to downtime. I also hope that miicard will prevent all backlog issues we experience during the huge rallies.
bittydude

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:01:33 PM

And more positives, new redundant data centres have been being set up for weeks and are almost ready. Say goodbye to downtime. I also hope that miicard will prevent all backlog issues we experience during the huge rallies.
BEAUTIFUL!!!
I wonder if they will get back on board with the group mining. Im sure MR CEO himself can get some serious preorders in when the next asics batchs come out. Alot of mixed feedback about profitability but i know at one time they did offer this.
Cornelius

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:01:05 PM

Thanks for this.

Did he mention anything about putting an official statement out about this?  New revised documents to download, etc.?  

He did say he'd get around to making an official statement when the data centre issues are resolved. I will be filling out only the first two pages of the application and sending those in on their own and see what happens since I don't want to sign the third page that says I am an accredited investor either.

The official written statement specifying that you do NOT need to be an accredited investor to register you shares has now been published on Havelock's website, in the Updates section of the fund. It reads as follows: "January 15th, 2014 - In the Direction to register non-voting common shares, please disregard the requirement to fill out Appendix A, this was a wording error on the document and will soon be corrected. If any statement applies to you in Appendix A, please check it however you do NOT need to be an accredited investor to register your shares or check any statement in Appendix A."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: