Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:04:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CaVirtex.com Thread  (Read 103310 times)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:28:12 AM

CAVIRTEX just threw the word in to make them look better.

While somewhat concerning and disappointing, that alone doesn't justify the degree to which you are freaking out.

They are registered with FINTRAC as an MSB, as we all know.

Using a mailbox as a business address is not unusual in Canada, as was also pointed out to you.

The fact that anyone can register with FINTRAC, even you, doesn't mean you will meet all the obligations and remain a 'member in good standing' if you will.  

Are you serious? After I blast FINTRAC with pics of the virtex site and then copies of text from here they will no longer be registered.

MAILBOX is fine.. BUT THEY SHOULd STILL HAVE A REAL ADDRESS...ok.. I'll concede that one. Care to explain the work from home CS reps? How about all the fake names? what about the LIES about a license that does not exist.

If you want to trust an exchange who acts like a lemonade stand more then a real business be my guest!

I want to make sure everyone understands how grave an issue this is though and I'll follow up with FINTRAC in the morning.
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:50:37 AM

While somewhat concerning and disappointing, that alone doesn't justify the degree to which you are freaking out.

Using a mailbox as a business address is not unusual in Canada, as was also pointed out to you.

The fact that anyone can register with FINTRAC, even you, doesn't mean you will meet all the obligations and remain a 'member in good standing' if you will.  

Are you serious? After I blast FINTRAC with pics of the virtex site and then copies of text from here they will no longer be registered.

MAILBOX is fine.. BUT THEY SHOULd STILL HAVE A REAL ADDRESS...ok.. I'll concede that one. Care to explain the work from home CS reps? How about all the fake names? what about the LIES about a license that does not exist.

If you want to trust an exchange who acts like a lemonade stand more then a real business be my guest!

I want to make sure everyone understands how grave an issue this is though and I'll follow up with FINTRAC in the morning.

Holy crap, settle down a bit!  You want to make everyone understand, but coming across like raving lunatic isn't helping your case. At the end of the day, who are you? Why should we trust your motives? 

You say we should use vault of satochi, what makes them anymore trustworthy? 

It looks more and more that NO-ONE can be trusted when it comes to Bitcoin. I really hope I'm wrong, because if I'm not, it will be the death of Bitcoin. Human greed will win again.
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 11:09:26 AM

I agree. I want to get this resolved and get to the bottom of this "issue," but lets not rush to judgement.  Virtex service has been pretty good and they are doing great things in Canada for bitcoin in general.
Take it down a level and let's wait for their response. I'm sure they have a good one.
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:06:38 PM

Wasn't there supposed to be a dividend update by the end of Q1? That appears long past...
cavirtex (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

CAVIRTEX | Canadian Virtual Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 01:19:06 PM

I agree. I want to get this resolved and get to the bottom of this "issue," but lets not rush to judgement.  Virtex service has been pretty good and they are doing great things in Canada for bitcoin in general.
Take it down a level and let's wait for their response. I'm sure they have a good one.

Hi medicine. Could you please explain the issue you would like resolved?

CAVIRTEX is Canada's #1 Bitcoin exchange with over 90 million CAD traded in our 3 years of operations. Visit https://www.cavirtex.com.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:35:03 PM

Holy crap, settle down a bit!  You want to make everyone understand, but coming across like raving lunatic isn't helping your case. At the end of the day, who are you? Why should we trust your motives? 

It looks more and more that NO-ONE can be trusted when it comes to Bitcoin. I really hope I'm wrong, because if I'm not, it will be the death of Bitcoin. Human greed will win again.

Dont to me to settle down! Who do you think you are? Who am I? I am me! Why should you trust me?

No trust needed when VIRTEX ADMITS to everything I pointed out minus the latest development of the FALSE license.

I never once said VOS was trustworthy, just advised people to leave virtex for VOS. Maybe then Virtex will get their shit in order, get a real office, be transparent, use real names and not have EVERY employee WORK FROM HOME!
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:37:31 PM

Holy crap, settle down a bit!  You want to make everyone understand, but coming across like raving lunatic isn't helping your case. At the end of the day, who are you? Why should we trust your motives?  

Dont to me to settle down! Who do you think you are? Who am I? I am me! Why should you trust me?

No trust needed when VIRTEX ADMITS to everything I pointed out minus the latest development of the FALSE license.

I never once said VOS was trustworthy, just advised people to leave virtex for VOS. Maybe then Virtex will get their shit in order, get a real office, be transparent, use real names and not have EVERY employee WORK FROM HOME!

Pretty sure VoS and Virtex now have claimed to have the exact same license... Care to explain the difference between the two and why one is more trustworthy then the other?
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:38:28 PM

LOL, they just dance around the issues. They think because they are the oldest exchange in Canada they will have no resistance and people will just do as they say like a well trained guard dog.

HEY VIRTEX.. HOW ABOUT POSTING A COPY OF THAT LICENSE HERE IN THE FORUM SO EVERYONE CAN SEE YOU'RE "LISCENSED" WITH FINTRAC
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:41:35 PM

MR-e

I have a feeling you guys are all shills for virtex. I never once said VOS was more trustworthy. Please point out where I used those words!

I am just saying that virtex has some immanent problems coming their way. I am already drafting several complaints and will be forwarding them on to the appropriate agencies this afternoon.

Not only should you start clearing your funds off Virtex, but you may want to start looking for a new exchange too.
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:43:09 PM

MR-e

I have a feeling you guys are all shills for virtex. I never once said VOS was more trustworthy. Please point out where I used those words!

I am just saying that virtex has some immanent problems coming their way. I am already drafting several complaints and will be forwarding them on to the appropriate agencies this afternoon.

Not only should you start clearing your funds off Virtex, but you may want to start looking for a new exchange too.

So you will be doing the same for VoS I assume? Just so I know to not include them in my search lol.
medicine

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 01:45:30 PM

Well, I think it's more like 3 things wrapped it one.  I am not the one bringing this to the forum with gusto, bobsurplus is the one ranting about these "issues."
I think the 3 things are (in no particular order):

1.  Why does Virtex list it's address as a UPS store?  Well I have not personally confirmed this myself, it seems that some members here have discovered that your listed address is a P.O. box of some kind at a UPS store and that makes them uncomfortable.  The question was posed clearly by Pottus (post #516)
quote "As a consumer could I possibly trust cavirtex.com given you have no PROOF of even an acceptable business address?"
The confusion here I believe is in concern with dealing with banks.  You must have another address registered with your companies bank accounts no?

Do you have a "head office?"  And if so, why is it not listed as your company's address?

2.  Some of your customer service representatives work from home exchanging confidential information over Skype.  This I have personally experienced, all with no problems and with my own consent.  The problem here was posted by seriouscoin (post #500) a few pages back claiming to work in cryptography said quote "if you use a remote session" (working from home) can never be as secure as working form a head office.  Here I assume the issue is customer agents accessing the Virtex client database form a remote "non-secure connect" puts client information at higher risk of being intersected by criminals.

I have no question about this point, but maybe someone else does.

3.  The most recent issue is Virtex's claim to be quote "We are a licensed Money Service Business with FINTRAC."  Bobsurplus seems to think that saying simply being registered with FINTRAC is no guarantee that you are trustworthy, and furthermore, only implies that your entity meets the requirements of the license (which I have no idea what those are).

The question here is: What exactly should this license mean to your clients?  Have you received some sort of endorsement from FINTRAC or is what bobsurplus wrote true, and if FINTRAC "became aware" of the nature of your business take action against Virtex?

I don't think anyone takes the ranting in this forum seriously, but some concerned clients who use your services would like more clarity on the above points.

Anyone care to add anything to this?
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:51:18 PM

Well, I think it's more like 3 things wrapped it one.  I am not the one bringing this to the forum with gusto, bobsurplus is the one ranting about these "issues."

1.  Why does Virtex list it's address as a UPS store?  Well I have not personally confirmed this myself, it seems that some members here have discovered that your listed address is a P.O. box of some kind at a UPS store and that makes them uncomfortable.  The question was posed clearly by Pottus (post #516)
quote "As a consumer could I possibly trust cavirtex.com given you have no PROOF of even an acceptable business address?"
The confusion here I believe is in concern with dealing with banks.  You must have another address registered with your companies bank accounts no?

Do you have a "head office?"  And if so, why is it not listed as your company's address?

2.  Some of your  customer service representatives work from home exchanging confidential information over Skype.  This I have personally experienced, all with no problems and with my own consent.  The problem here is, seriouscoin (post #500) a few pages back claiming work in cryptography said quote "if you use a remote session" (working from home) can never be as secure as working form a head office.  Here I assume the issue is customer agents accessing the Virtex client database form a remote "non-secure connect" puts client information at higher risk of being intersected by criminals.

3.  The most recent issue is Virtex's claim to be quote "We are a licensed Money Service Business with FINTRAC."  Bobsurplus seems to think that saying simply being registered with FINTRAC is no guarantee that you are trustworthy, and furthermore, only implies that your entity meets the requirements of the license (which I have no idea what those are).

The question here is: What exactly should this license mean to your clients?  Have you received some sort of endorsement from FINTRAC or is what bobsurplus wrote true, and if FINTRAC "became aware" of the nature of your business take action against Virtex?

I don't think anyone takes the ranting in this forum seriously, but some concerned clients who use your services would like more clarity on the above points.

In all fairness I think the latest threats against Danny Brewster are a testament to why some of this is required.  I have met with in person and talked with Joseph multiple times over the past few years and I know for a fact that virtex has already been the target of such attacks. Running an exchange handling such massive amounts of such untraceable funds is a scary business.

Although I admit I was not aware of employees handling customers sensitive information over unsecured channels and this is certainly a cause for concern.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:04:31 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 02:17:15 PM by Bobsurplus

With all due respect Mr-e

Virtex claims to have traded over 80 Million CAD. Yes they may be a target. But what if they get scammed or fucked like mtgox.. would you rather protect the owner of virtex so hes not personally targeted which leaves you holding no info on who he really is if things go belly up and now you need to sue/chase him down.

Stop putting one mans safety in front of thousands of paying clients safety.
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:06:42 PM

Virtex calmes to have traded over 80 Million CAD. Yes they may be a target. But what if they get scammed or fucked like mtgox.. would you rather protect the owner of virtex so hes not personally targeted which leaves you holding no info on who he really is if things go belly up and now you need to sue/chase him down.

Well if you read Virtex's faq you will at least see that the cold wallet is protected by a multisig system requiring multiple employees across different geological locations to access funds. I think this is a good system to at least prevent coercion at a single point of failure.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:11:04 PM

2.  Some of your customer service representatives work from home exchanging confidential information over Skype.  This I have personally experienced, all with no problems and with my own consent.  The problem here was posted by seriouscoin (post #500) a few pages back claiming to work in cryptography said quote "if you use a remote session" (working from home) can never be as secure as working form a head office.  Here I assume the issue is customer agents accessing the Virtex client database form a remote "non-secure connect" puts client information at higher risk of being intersected by criminals.

Sorry bud, I may be going off a bit here. But I have personally spoken to Joseph about this many times and now its enough. He always said to be "I can trust my employees". BULL SHIT! I started by dropping hints on this thread a few weeks back. Everyone just ignored it. NOW I'm going to make sure nobody misses out. I am from Canada and I dont want to see my fellow Canadians burnt by Mark #2

Joseph cant run this exchange the way it should be ran. He comes here and LIES about LICENSING to make everyone fill all good and tingly inside. Its just smoke and mirrors.

Joseph is just like Mark, IN TOO DEEP!

Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:12:35 PM

Virtex calmes to have traded over 80 Million CAD. Yes they may be a target. But what if they get scammed or fucked like mtgox.. would you rather protect the owner of virtex so hes not personally targeted which leaves you holding no info on who he really is if things go belly up and now you need to sue/chase him down.

Well if you read Virtex's faq you will at least see that the cold wallet is protected by a multisig system requiring multiple employees across different geological locations to access funds. I think this is a good system to at least prevent coercion at a single point of failure.

LOL, are you kidding me.. HAVE YOU EVER CALLED IN YOURSELF?

The info the ask from you is the info they need to go into your account and rob you blind.
cavirtex (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

CAVIRTEX | Canadian Virtual Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 02:20:05 PM

The best way to answers these questions, and any other questions you might have, is to do so in person.

As you likely know, the Bitcoin Expo is next week in Toronto and CaVirtex is sponsoring the event. In addition to a keynote talk by CEO Joseph David, we will have a booth in the exhibition hall. There will be several CaVirtex employees manning the booth who can answer questions, including me. If you are planning to attend, we encourage you to drop by.

If you haven't already registered and bought a ticket, we are offering a 15% discount. Go to http://bitcoinexpo.ca/ and use the code: cavirtex

CaVirtex works hard to provide a safe and secure platform for Canadians to trade Bitcoin. That said, we realize it's impossible to please everyone. If CaVirtex is not to your liking, we encourage you to try another Bitcoin exchange.

Reed Holmes
Business Development Manager

CAVIRTEX is Canada's #1 Bitcoin exchange with over 90 million CAD traded in our 3 years of operations. Visit https://www.cavirtex.com.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:22:31 PM

The best way to answers these questions, and any other questions you might have, is to do so in person.

As you likely know, the Bitcoin Expo is next week in Toronto and CaVirtex is sponsoring the event. In addition to a keynote talk by CEO Joseph David, we will have a booth in the exhibition hall. There will be several CaVirtex employees manning the booth who can answer questions, including me. If you are planning to attend, we encourage you to drop by.

If you haven't already registered and bought a ticket, we are offering a 15% discount. Go to http://bitcoinexpo.ca/ and use the code: cavirtex

CaVirtex works hard to provide a safe and secure platform for Canadians to trade Bitcoin. That said, we realize it's impossible to please everyone. If CaVirtex is not to your liking, we encourage you to try another Bitcoin exchange.

Reed Holmes
Business Development Manager

So you dont care to answer anyone questions here?? What about the LICENSE you hold?

WILL JOSEPH BE TAKING QUESTIONS DURING HIS KEYNOTE SPEECH? Oh boy this could be fun!!!
medicine

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 02:24:58 PM

@Cavirtex: I live in Korea.  you must know that that type of answer is going to fuel the fire in this thread right?
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:30:13 PM

@Cavirtex: I live in Korea.  you must know that that type of answer is going to fuel the fire in this thread right?

The problem is they dont care! They dont care enough about clients safety, that's why they use CS reps who work from home.

Its sad.. they have been in business for years yet only 20 some pages in the thread.. 99% of their clients probably never even been to the forum.

That is why its now my personal mission to get them shut down once and for all.

What they do is unacceptable and now the shoe will fall.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: