Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:03:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Fastcoin - FST - The Fastest coin so far in the market - is launched!!  (Read 237841 times)
EdithS

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:26:46 AM

Video looks ok, music is bad indeed.

I am pretty new in the cryptobusiness and i bought some fastcoins as it seems to be the fastest transaction coin.
Nowadays time is one of the most valuable things therefore i think fastcoin should grow. Now my question: Why isn't it more popular. If it's so much faster than any other crypto why no big players pay attention on this coin?
I really wonder if i missed some disadvantages the coin has beside an 3 year period with sleeping devs.

Greets
Mausi
Hello Mausi,

Thanks for your question,

As in all markets, being able to effectively communicate this technical advantage, sometimes comes down to marketing.  Please note, this is especially true for our relatively young Cryptocurrency space.  Try to look at it like a crowded group of people all yelling at each other at the same time in an echo chamber.  To further the point, everyone yelling is more keen on being heard then to being listen to, and to top it off in that echo chamber you have Bitcoin with a Bullhorn ;-).  

That is kind of what is going in on our space.  Hope that makes sense...

Another analogy you might want to consider could be the BETA vs VHS analogy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videotape_format_war) not sure if you are familiar with this comparison as I am certainly dating myself now, but if you reference this example you will see that BETA was considered to be "Technically" superior to VHS, yet VHS came out on top in the market place, largely due to marketing efforts.

Although the FastCoin Foundation does have funds available to it to assist with Marketing efforts, at this point the Foundation would rather focus on innovation and forming meaningful partnerships with those funds then to start a shouting match in a somewhat already noisy chamber.  

We do realize that day may come when we will be forced to do so, however we feel that may not be for several years from now as the larger top 10 Tier cap Crypto's battle it out with somewhat deeper marketing budgets.

Hope that may make sense and thank you for your support.

Sincerely

/C

PS Just an FYI for all community members, I don't generally like to post in this area for these types of technical issues, if you are running a Full Node Wallet client on your PC you can download the latest FULL FastCoin Blockchain here...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B37Llt3dDAzHTktRRFpzSlJaVzA

If you have installed your wallet for the very first time you may find this download useful to help speed up your initial sync to the network.  For those that are not technically savvy more in-depth instructions are provided in our Forum at www.fastcointalk.org
Hi SolemUmbra,

Sorry I am not very technical, but I looked back on this forum's pages (68) to be exact, and found the following link posted by Cheetahx, I think he is one of the founders of the coin?  I think the link above should help you sync your wallet faster?

You might want to give it a try...Smiley

Edith

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EdithS

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:36:50 AM

Sorry to make this post an omnibus but is there a faster way to sync up the wallet?

If there is can you direct me to the post for the solution (I've seem to have gotten lost in the thread).

Also just a further set of observations the website looks awesome better than I remember. But looking as someone from the outside there is very little information about fastcoin and the fastcoin foundation. There is an faq, but it leads to http://www.fastcointalk.org/ which I believe is not the best way to answer questions for someone who is just finding out about the currency, also after searching the forum seems a bit underutilized. I think there should be a more descriptive message on how and why fastcoin is a great altcurrency. Not just saying that its fast, but why it is fast with more of the technical details broken down. This would help people to understand how this is a more effective currency for commerce.

I hope this might help you...
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B37Llt3dDAzHTktRRFpzSlJaVzA
Zimtente

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Quack.

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:45:24 AM

I just went through your YouTube channel. There's a huge issue here... Why is the maximum video quality 360p on most videos ? This is really frustrating, knowing that most of the computer screens are 1080p minimum, and most smartphones 720p.

true. should be at least 720p - i like the tutorial but the quality..... ^^
Cheetahx

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 08:23:26 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 08:43:09 AM by Cheetahx

FastCoin Video Contest!

Hello all community members and Fastcoin fans!

Please note we will be holding a FastCoin video contest and awarding prizes to members that produce the best FastCoin videos!

The first place prize winner will be awarded
1000 FastCoins! (FST)

Second place
500 (FST)

and Third
100 (FST)

Please be sure to post your Fastcoin wallet address.  Looking forward to receiving high quality videos from community members as we have noted this is something to be desired.  

Feel free to post your video on YouTube and forward the url to info@fastcoin.ca

We are looking for fun, upbeat, FastCoin videos that you feel will better help promote this amazing coin!  Let your creative juices flow, but please keep it clean ;-)

Also, anyone talented in artwork production, media logo design etc please DM myself, Guido or fast-coin we would like to see your work!

Thanks again for your support looking forward to seeing the FastCoin videos!

Cheers

/C

Fastest fairly released Crypto

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
Robb1649

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:42:57 PM

I have a lot invested in Fastcoin, but until the developers learn some marketing skills or hire somebody that's great at marketing, then I don't see this going too far no matter how fast it is. The more the coin is put out on the internet, the more it will be used. Just twitter and a personal website won't be the turning point though.
Sir_Iglou

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:55:12 PM

By the way, is there any place we can have information about the fastcoin team members ?
Lion_investor

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:18:52 PM

I have a lot invested in Fastcoin, but until the developers learn some marketing skills or hire somebody that's great at marketing, then I don't see this going too far no matter how fast it is. The more the coin is put out on the internet, the more it will be used. Just twitter and a personal website won't be the turning point though.

I agree, you need a professional marketing person to develop a strategy, not just specific actions.
Lion_investor

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:25:43 PM

FastCoin Video Contest!

Hello all community members and Fastcoin fans!

Please note we will be holding a FastCoin video contest and awarding prizes to members that produce the best FastCoin videos!

The first place prize winner will be awarded
1000 FastCoins! (FST)

Second place
500 (FST)

and Third
100 (FST)

Please be sure to post your Fastcoin wallet address.  Looking forward to receiving high quality videos from community members as we have noted this is something to be desired.  

Feel free to post your video on YouTube and forward the url to info@fastcoin.ca

We are looking for fun, upbeat, FastCoin videos that you feel will better help promote this amazing coin!  Let your creative juices flow, but please keep it clean ;-)

Also, anyone talented in artwork production, media logo design etc please DM myself, Guido or fast-coin we would like to see your work!

Thanks again for your support looking forward to seeing the FastCoin videos!

Cheers

/C
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCyWnfvUAAEj0Yk.jpg

Hi fast!

1000 fst = 7,34 $ currently in cryptopia !!!!!!

Please, you have more than a million market cap, sure the developers have quite a few coins! Use funds for these things now that the market has your attention.

Constructive criticism!

Regards
remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:33:36 PM

Hi All,

Wrote a detailed blog spelling out the case for investing in FST. Constructive criticism of course welcome, hopefully i have my details correct.

Also. This is only the 3rd post I've done on Steem. I'd be excited to connect with other Fast fans who have Steem accounts. Connect with me, I'll be happy to follow you!

https://steemit.com/fastcoin/@remistevens/the-case-for-fastcoin-fst

If you don't want to go to my Steem. No worries. Here is the text from the post:

The Case for Fastcoin FST

Deepest Blockchain. Always.

Fastcoin’s block time is the fastest. So it generates new blocks more frequently than any other coin. This means its blockchain grows faster than others. It also means that it has the most comprehensive record of states of its network, every 12 seconds a block is added and the network is updated. Bitcoin is older, sure, but bitcoin only adds a new block every 10 mins. Very quickly in Fastcoin’s evolution, it surpassed bitcoin and other old alt coins in regards to total amount of blocks added. Fastcoin also confirms at breakneck speed, if you tried to create a fully decentralized coin with faster confirmations, it probably just wouldn’t work technologically. Fastcoin also launched 4 years ago. At this point launching a new coin based on Bitcoin code with faster confirmations isn’t going to happen. No one launches bitcoin clones anymore, and faster confirmations wouldn’t work anyways. So Fastcoin, already having the deepest blockchain, will hold that title indefinitely. 100 years from now when the world economy only knows cryptos, Fastcoin will still have the deepest blockchain.

An analogy could help. Consider mankind’s first radio transmissions. They travel at the speed of light, nothing can move faster. The first transmission, will forever and always be ahead of any later transmissions. Its impossible for anything done later to ever catch up to something that already moves at the fastest speed possible. Forever and always, Fastcoin will be mankind’s deepest venture into the great crypto frontier. It can’t be caught.

Crypto value comes from scarcity. Bitcoin is valuable simple because there are only so many, and they can’t be reproduced. Alt coins that were the first at something innovative (anonymous, multi-algo, smart contracts…) retain their value. Coins disappear all the time, but those with something unique never die (as long as they’re functional of course). Fastcoin’s unique nature is in itself something rare. The first anonymous coin for instance must contend with other coins who perfect their method, or tout a new methodology toward anonymous that is the first “real” anonymous. Same thing with smart contracts. Someone can make the case that being the first of an even smarter smart contract will be superior. Fastcoin has no such competitors, no argument. Its unique nature is directly measurable and without question. It has the most blocks.

OK. So now a bit about everything else concerning Fastcoin. The good and the bad. I’ve been following this coin for its deepest blockchain for years, but of course as with all cryptos, no one feature is going to make it work out.

I think its important to address obvious criticisms. Here goes:

“Fastcoin is a clone, its code isn’t anything spectacular. All they did here essentially was take the code from litecoin and adjust the parameters so that blocks are generated faster. Today, you could do this kind of thing on a free website in minutes.”.
Although this is true, again Fastcoin’s value doesn’t come from it having a brilliant code. Bitcoin’s code, by today's crypto standards, is very simplistic. Functionally, its not the best coin. It gets its value from being the first. People trust Bitcoin as its history is the longest and its rarity guaranteed- there can only be 1 first coin. Fastcoin also has a long history both in terms of launch date and blocks recorded. For perspective, Litecoin is also just a clone of bitcoin, its not a whole lot different. Litecoin is worth about 2000X more than Fastcoin for comparison.

“There were a lot of coins in Fastcoin’s launch era that simply changed a few parameters and tried to call it innovation, they failed and no longer exist. This could happen to FST, people finally just give up on it”
Absolutely possible, but I’d say highly unlikely and less likely all the time. Many coins of FST era have died, no question, but FST didn’t die. Old coins have become a rarity in themselves, these days its very hard to find a scandal free coin with original devs from 2013.

“Fastcoin having the fastest confirmation times generates a lot of orphaned coins. So different parts of the network don’t initially agree and many miners find blocks that aren’t ultimately accepted into the chain”.
Also true, and initially this was a huge concern for Fastcoin. It confirms at a rate almost too fast for it to work properly. Ultimately if confirmations are too quick, there isn’t time for the entire network to come into agreement and potentially forks could occur as confusion about which blocks are real develops in the network. To this criticism though I think a look at the history can dispel this fear- if it hasn’t forked on this risk by now its even less likely as the network grows. The amount of orphaned blocks a miner might find is also a measurable quantity. No different than measuring the success rate of finding blocks. If you can find Fastcoin blocks at a somewhat reliable rate, and can sell them on the open market, that’s all a coin needs for the mining to be measurable and functional toward securing the network. The system works. 4 years of existence proves it.

“Fastcoin’s price has gone up over 2000% in only a few months. It can’t go up much farther”.
Fastcoin’s recent rise has been incredible, but in regards to market cap this is still a very cheap coin. Fastcoin is still around 1 million in market cap. Other coins relevant to its launch era are priced much higher in market cap. LTC is in the billions. Coins like FTC and VTC are in the 10-30 million range. Fastcoin being old and having a great unique character, is poised to go much higher in market cap. Its currently the 300th most valuable coin. Many coins with little history and nothing to offer are well above it in value. The low market cap makes it enticing to the many new comers to crypto as well. A newbie who wants to be a big player in a coin with potential can acquire a sizeable chunk of FST total supply without too much of an investment. This is impossible in bigger coins these days unless you’re quite rich.

“There are other cryptos who confirm faster”
This is probably true, sorry too many coins to know. It would have to be a newer coin using master nodes, or some type of centralization though from my understanding. There was no way to do it faster in 2013 and no way to do it faster now if you’re using the old style open launch, bitcoin type code (which in my opinion is truest toward decentralization).

Some needs not wants. Every crypto has to fulfill some basic requirements to persist. Just going to go through those positives now that Fastcoin checks out on.

Developers
Check. They were quiet for quite a few years, but seem very active now. If I had to guess, and apologies to them for the intrusion, they were probably quiet because they wanted to buy up more coin while it was cheap. Given that they are now being very attentive to all needs, its safe to assume that one way or another they have a good supply of FST of their own. This is not a bad thing! The original devs having a sizeable chunk of supply through their own investment in a free market is great. It shows commitment to the project. Also, this coin was very low value for very long, no doubt its network was very small at times. Someone was a good steward of the coin and kept it going faithfully. You don’t nurture a project through the tough times and then abandon it when its getting positive traction again. The devs are on board, clearly spending some money and lots of effort. We should hope they are able to pull some profit as the price rises and put that toward further development. That is a natural evolution to hope for. Original devs who are stakeholders and have proven their commitment are a great thing.

Community
OK, its pretty slow on their forum. Bitcointalk has picked up a lot though and new people seem to be around much more often. Many old names, myself included, are back into the conversation. There is certainly a core of people who have followed this coin and it can be trusted that they’ll be there in the future as well. If we haven’t left in 4 years, why would we now? Also, given the success of alt coins this spring, you can probably expect a lot of old time alt coin enthusiasts who have recently made a lot of money and are now wanting to expand into other coins they remember from 2013. This spring seems evidence of a lot of new money in alt coins as well. Fastcoin’s marketing and value seems pretty straight forward and easy to understand for newbies. Fastcoin is enticing to both old and new investors for various reasons and could expand its core community quite quickly.

Functioning
4 years functioning perfectly. I do transactions with friends using FST. Works perfectly every time, way faster than bitcoin to have it fully transacted. Even deposits on exchanges are way faster than BTC in my experience. They’ll require more confirmations than BTC does before calling it a legit deposit, but those confirmations will happen faster. End result: You always get your FST very quickly, whatever you’re doing. About the only thing slow about it is syncing the blockchain. Its is a big chain after all. Once you’re up and running though it works great.

Scam Alerts
No premine, no centralization, no scandals, open launch. The only risk here is that something nefarious happened while the network was very small. The block explorer seems reliable to me, although I’m no coder to verify that sort of thing. One thing I do trust however is the recent attention which has surely drawn greater scrutiny. If any funny business has occurred while the network was very small, hopefully someone smarter than myself is able to point that out. And anyone smart enough is probably invested in other coins and has an incentive to point out flaws in the competition- (or sell all their fastcoin, then point out the scam). If there was a scam here, we’d probably have heard about it by now with the recent price rise.

Name
“Fastcoin”. Tell me this isn’t one of the best crypto names out there.

OK, there you have it. All of my many reasons for supporting this crypto. Full disclosure, obviously I own some Fastcoin! You should too! Check out the bitcointalk thread or their dedicated forum fastcointalk.org for more info (where to buy, how to mine, wallets).
remistevens

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:36:50 PM

FastCoin Video Contest!

/C

haha, didn't realize I'd ripped off your image with my blog title completely. It just makes sense.
remistevens

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:26:19 PM

hmmm, maybe i mispoke about the block explorer concern. Could someone update on that? I see that the one on the OP isn't working at all. I had though we had a block explorer, but it wasn't the best- was my understanding. Where is coinmarketcaps getting its data from? Thanks!
Sir_Iglou

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:53:25 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 06:10:02 PM by Sir_Iglou

hmmm, maybe i mispoke about the block explorer concern. Could someone update on that? I see that the one on the OP isn't working at all. I had though we had a block explorer, but it wasn't the best- was my understanding. Where is coinmarketcaps getting its data from? Thanks!

They said a few days ago they were working on their own blockchain explorer. Let's hope it will be ready soon.

Edit: Here is the quote.

Does fastcoin have a block explorer?

Some of my transactions are taking hours to confirm.  They are large ones (meaning they contain many inputs).

Hello Stouse49,

Thanks for your question, yes we had several 3rd party Explorers, however we are working on our own dedicated to the community.  We have found over the years as some of the 3rd party providers tend to pool resources to other coins as the markets fluctuate.   As a result the Explores they hosted on our behalf were either not responding or taken off line.  We hope to have our own dedicated Block Explorer up and running shortly and will communicate to the community once it is up.

Sincerely

/C
remistevens

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:06:14 PM

They said a few days ago they were working on their own blockchain explorer. Let's hope it will be ready soon.

Ah yes, thank you. I'm hoping for that too above all else for now. Its always helpful on smaller coins to be able to see the rich list and verify supply totals.
fast-coin (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Fast and secure crypto currency of the future

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 06:45:26 PM

Ah yes, thank you. I'm hoping for that too above all else for now. Its always helpful on smaller coins to be able to see the rich list and verify supply totals.

Thank you Remistevens,

On behalf of myself and the dedicated team members of FastCoin, we thank you for your gracious article about our coin and commitment to it.  As stated we are doing our best to have our own block explorer up and running ASAP.  Please note, with the recent price rise in the coin, some of our team members were distracted by the flood of communications hitting our inbox.

Many thanks again and we look forward to making this coin all that it can be.

Best Regards

Fast

Fast and secure crypto currency of the future
SolemUmbra

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:57:32 PM

Hi All,

Wrote a detailed blog spelling out the case for investing in FST. Constructive criticism of course welcome, hopefully i have my details correct.

Also. This is only the 3rd post I've done on Steem. I'd be excited to connect with other Fast fans who have Steem accounts. Connect with me, I'll be happy to follow you!

https://steemit.com/fastcoin/@remistevens/the-case-for-fastcoin-fst

If you don't want to go to my Steem. No worries. Here is the text from the post:

The Case for Fastcoin FST

Deepest Blockchain. Always.

Fastcoin’s block time is the fastest. So it generates new blocks more frequently than any other coin. This means its blockchain grows faster than others. It also means that it has the most comprehensive record of states of its network, every 12 seconds a block is added and the network is updated. Bitcoin is older, sure, but bitcoin only adds a new block every 10 mins. Very quickly in Fastcoin’s evolution, it surpassed bitcoin and other old alt coins in regards to total amount of blocks added. Fastcoin also confirms at breakneck speed, if you tried to create a fully decentralized coin with faster confirmations, it probably just wouldn’t work technologically. Fastcoin also launched 4 years ago. At this point launching a new coin based on Bitcoin code with faster confirmations isn’t going to happen. No one launches bitcoin clones anymore, and faster confirmations wouldn’t work anyways. So Fastcoin, already having the deepest blockchain, will hold that title indefinitely. 100 years from now when the world economy only knows cryptos, Fastcoin will still have the deepest blockchain.

An analogy could help. Consider mankind’s first radio transmissions. They travel at the speed of light, nothing can move faster. The first transmission, will forever and always be ahead of any later transmissions. Its impossible for anything done later to ever catch up to something that already moves at the fastest speed possible. Forever and always, Fastcoin will be mankind’s deepest venture into the great crypto frontier. It can’t be caught.

Crypto value comes from scarcity. Bitcoin is valuable simple because there are only so many, and they can’t be reproduced. Alt coins that were the first at something innovative (anonymous, multi-algo, smart contracts…) retain their value. Coins disappear all the time, but those with something unique never die (as long as they’re functional of course). Fastcoin’s unique nature is in itself something rare. The first anonymous coin for instance must contend with other coins who perfect their method, or tout a new methodology toward anonymous that is the first “real” anonymous. Same thing with smart contracts. Someone can make the case that being the first of an even smarter smart contract will be superior. Fastcoin has no such competitors, no argument. Its unique nature is directly measurable and without question. It has the most blocks.

OK. So now a bit about everything else concerning Fastcoin. The good and the bad. I’ve been following this coin for its deepest blockchain for years, but of course as with all cryptos, no one feature is going to make it work out.

I think its important to address obvious criticisms. Here goes:

“Fastcoin is a clone, its code isn’t anything spectacular. All they did here essentially was take the code from litecoin and adjust the parameters so that blocks are generated faster. Today, you could do this kind of thing on a free website in minutes.”.
Although this is true, again Fastcoin’s value doesn’t come from it having a brilliant code. Bitcoin’s code, by today's crypto standards, is very simplistic. Functionally, its not the best coin. It gets its value from being the first. People trust Bitcoin as its history is the longest and its rarity guaranteed- there can only be 1 first coin. Fastcoin also has a long history both in terms of launch date and blocks recorded. For perspective, Litecoin is also just a clone of bitcoin, its not a whole lot different. Litecoin is worth about 2000X more than Fastcoin for comparison.

“There were a lot of coins in Fastcoin’s launch era that simply changed a few parameters and tried to call it innovation, they failed and no longer exist. This could happen to FST, people finally just give up on it”
Absolutely possible, but I’d say highly unlikely and less likely all the time. Many coins of FST era have died, no question, but FST didn’t die. Old coins have become a rarity in themselves, these days its very hard to find a scandal free coin with original devs from 2013.

“Fastcoin having the fastest confirmation times generates a lot of orphaned coins. So different parts of the network don’t initially agree and many miners find blocks that aren’t ultimately accepted into the chain”.
Also true, and initially this was a huge concern for Fastcoin. It confirms at a rate almost too fast for it to work properly. Ultimately if confirmations are too quick, there isn’t time for the entire network to come into agreement and potentially forks could occur as confusion about which blocks are real develops in the network. To this criticism though I think a look at the history can dispel this fear- if it hasn’t forked on this risk by now its even less likely as the network grows. The amount of orphaned blocks a miner might find is also a measurable quantity. No different than measuring the success rate of finding blocks. If you can find Fastcoin blocks at a somewhat reliable rate, and can sell them on the open market, that’s all a coin needs for the mining to be measurable and functional toward securing the network. The system works. 4 years of existence proves it.

“Fastcoin’s price has gone up over 2000% in only a few months. It can’t go up much farther”.
Fastcoin’s recent rise has been incredible, but in regards to market cap this is still a very cheap coin. Fastcoin is still around 1 million in market cap. Other coins relevant to its launch era are priced much higher in market cap. LTC is in the billions. Coins like FTC and VTC are in the 10-30 million range. Fastcoin being old and having a great unique character, is poised to go much higher in market cap. Its currently the 300th most valuable coin. Many coins with little history and nothing to offer are well above it in value. The low market cap makes it enticing to the many new comers to crypto as well. A newbie who wants to be a big player in a coin with potential can acquire a sizeable chunk of FST total supply without too much of an investment. This is impossible in bigger coins these days unless you’re quite rich.

“There are other cryptos who confirm faster”
This is probably true, sorry too many coins to know. It would have to be a newer coin using master nodes, or some type of centralization though from my understanding. There was no way to do it faster in 2013 and no way to do it faster now if you’re using the old style open launch, bitcoin type code (which in my opinion is truest toward decentralization).

Some needs not wants. Every crypto has to fulfill some basic requirements to persist. Just going to go through those positives now that Fastcoin checks out on.

Developers
Check. They were quiet for quite a few years, but seem very active now. If I had to guess, and apologies to them for the intrusion, they were probably quiet because they wanted to buy up more coin while it was cheap. Given that they are now being very attentive to all needs, its safe to assume that one way or another they have a good supply of FST of their own. This is not a bad thing! The original devs having a sizeable chunk of supply through their own investment in a free market is great. It shows commitment to the project. Also, this coin was very low value for very long, no doubt its network was very small at times. Someone was a good steward of the coin and kept it going faithfully. You don’t nurture a project through the tough times and then abandon it when its getting positive traction again. The devs are on board, clearly spending some money and lots of effort. We should hope they are able to pull some profit as the price rises and put that toward further development. That is a natural evolution to hope for. Original devs who are stakeholders and have proven their commitment are a great thing.

Community
OK, its pretty slow on their forum. Bitcointalk has picked up a lot though and new people seem to be around much more often. Many old names, myself included, are back into the conversation. There is certainly a core of people who have followed this coin and it can be trusted that they’ll be there in the future as well. If we haven’t left in 4 years, why would we now? Also, given the success of alt coins this spring, you can probably expect a lot of old time alt coin enthusiasts who have recently made a lot of money and are now wanting to expand into other coins they remember from 2013. This spring seems evidence of a lot of new money in alt coins as well. Fastcoin’s marketing and value seems pretty straight forward and easy to understand for newbies. Fastcoin is enticing to both old and new investors for various reasons and could expand its core community quite quickly.

Functioning
4 years functioning perfectly. I do transactions with friends using FST. Works perfectly every time, way faster than bitcoin to have it fully transacted. Even deposits on exchanges are way faster than BTC in my experience. They’ll require more confirmations than BTC does before calling it a legit deposit, but those confirmations will happen faster. End result: You always get your FST very quickly, whatever you’re doing. About the only thing slow about it is syncing the blockchain. Its is a big chain after all. Once you’re up and running though it works great.

Scam Alerts
No premine, no centralization, no scandals, open launch. The only risk here is that something nefarious happened while the network was very small. The block explorer seems reliable to me, although I’m no coder to verify that sort of thing. One thing I do trust however is the recent attention which has surely drawn greater scrutiny. If any funny business has occurred while the network was very small, hopefully someone smarter than myself is able to point that out. And anyone smart enough is probably invested in other coins and has an incentive to point out flaws in the competition- (or sell all their fastcoin, then point out the scam). If there was a scam here, we’d probably have heard about it by now with the recent price rise.

Name
“Fastcoin”. Tell me this isn’t one of the best crypto names out there.

OK, there you have it. All of my many reasons for supporting this crypto. Full disclosure, obviously I own some Fastcoin! You should too! Check out the bitcointalk thread or their dedicated forum fastcointalk.org for more info (where to buy, how to mine, wallets).

Thank you Remistevens! This is a great intro article about Fastcoin that obviously took time and effort. It gives people like me that have known about fastcoin, but have not done much in depth research on it a place to start. Some of this information would make a great entry into a wikipedia article.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:21:34 PM

Thank you Remistevens,

On behalf of myself and the dedicated team members of FastCoin, we thank you for your gracious article about our coin and commitment to it.  As stated we are doing our best to have our own block explorer up and running ASAP.  Please note, with the recent price rise in the coin, some of our team members were distracted by the flood of communications hitting our inbox.

Many thanks again and we look forward to making this coin all that it can be.

Best Regards

Fast

great to hear thanks

fantastic we have a team of devs who can create this and communicate to community, how many coins do that?
if they wanted to save time and dedicate resources to other areas of development and do some work at git and updates if necessary
looks really good when other crypto nerds go to check, they like to see updates and bits done every few weeks or months. I do

as you can use this block explorer, very good one
https://www.blockexperts.com/#services

and it's 0.1 btc per year
Im sure community could chip in, tiny bit each, however again, problem with btc is the cost of transaction fee, you cant send bits or micropayments

btc really is a shitcoin lol, and slow as a mule

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
dhimport

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:04:52 AM

quick question, why my first 2 transactions took over 2 minutes to get 1 confirmation? I thought it was about 12 seconds . Yes my wallet is synchronized 100% . One more detail, i downloaded the bootstrap file and it took 2 days to fully synchronize. It's painfully slow
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:33:05 AM

This time I am transferring out the coins more slowly, waiting on the mempool size to be 0 again, before sending out a few more transactions.  This cryptsy wallet must have been used to receive p2pool mining rewards or something because there is about 322,283 unspent outputs in this wallet.  There are 9,060 addresses.  The address with the most coins is 1 million and has 6,334 deposits to it.  The wallet size itself is about 2.5 to 3 GB.  

I've just figured out how to kick some stuck transactions on another coin (which involves modifying the source) and was here to give you some advice about recovering your funds, but it seems you've already tried all the right things.

So instead I'll ask:

How long until you dump everything and crash the market? Tongue

First, I am interested in any source code changes.  I made a few to output more debug information, but that wasn't enough to help me figure anything out.  But based on the number of times I have had to -zapwallettxes on this, I have learned something.  It seems like large transactions (in size, not amount) don't get transmitted to other nodes and/or they don't get put in the blockchain.  These transaction still obey the rules of less than 100KB and do not produce errors.  The only way to do transfers successfully is to limit the transaction sizes.  I didn't see a command line option for this.  There is certainly a way to do this in the source, not sure what it is yet.  In my last iteration of transfers I was transferring 1000 to 3000 at a time.  Eventually that stopped because because the transactions would be too large (over 100KB) and also there were 200+ transactions in the mempool that were "stuck" -- I am currently -zapwallettxes again (which takes 4-5 days).  After that finishes, I will clone my wallet and blockchain files so I don't have to wait 4 days again.

When I dump on the market?  I won't.  I have sold most off the market.    If I sell any on the market it will be in small quantities.  When I started working on this wallet, the price was 36, now it is 400 satoshi's.

I have transactions in my wallet that are stuck transfers out of cryptsy. Is there a way to get them to process through?
remistevens

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:25:32 AM

quick question, why my first 2 transactions took over 2 minutes to get 1 confirmation? I thought it was about 12 seconds . Yes my wallet is synchronized 100% . One more detail, i downloaded the bootstrap file and it took 2 days to fully synchronize. It's painfully slow

Im not a tech guy or coder. I do know though that transactions don't get confirmed within the very next block often on any coin. Usually you may only see a confirmation of your transaction after a few blocks have passed. With Bitcoin coins, I know also that if you raise the fees you are paying, you get lumped into a block sooner. Miner priorities are set to confirm the people paying the most first. If you raise your fee you may see them confirmed faster.
dan_and_shan

Activity: 432

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:59:55 AM

Im not a tech guy or coder. I do know though that transactions don't get confirmed within the very next block often on any coin. Usually you may only see a confirmation of your transaction after a few blocks have passed. With Bitcoin coins, I know also that if you raise the fees you are paying, you get lumped into a block sooner. Miner priorities are set to confirm the people paying the most first. If you raise your fee you may see them confirmed faster.

I just gave it a test run, downloaded the blockchain file, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B37Llt3dDAzHTktRRFpzSlJaVzA
 wallet was up in under 10 mins, Transferred coins from Cryptopia, they arrived with 1 confirmation in under 30 seconds, 8 confirmations in 3 mins.
Fast is an understatement. If it was listed on more exchanges, this is definitely how i would be moving funds exchange to exchange.
Nice work guys, In a world were everyone wants it all yesterday, this coin has huge potential and a solid future.  Wink

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: