Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are a legit or Scam?  (Read 32128 times)
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:45:24 AM

Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

Many ICO right now is indeed a scam. As you could see most of the ICO listed coin price falls when it hits the market. This is one of the alarming factor why many investors stop investing ICO.
That is not a basis to call a project or an ICO a scam, not all the time they pump after they get listed, otherwise, life would be easy for us investors.
With the current bearish market, it's normal to see a price fall but what is crucial is the longer run of the project, if it survive in the bearish, it has a big chance in the bullish period.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
a d i m u l

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:07:14 AM

Hi Guys,

ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.
hello guys, if I suggest ico ORBIS or who has a manager with a good reputation. this is because there are so many scams that managers will compete to gain the trust of investors.
anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:15:59 AM

Now it is very difficult to identify scams.They learned how to disguise themselves.But nevertheless, pay attention to the quality and volume of the site,whitepaper.Just look at the team,check them out on social networks.And just ask questions in the telegrams of the group. If you are contacted and everyone talks about the project, then this is a positive signal.
jerome.345

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:49:58 AM

50/50. Some are are, some are not. Really what you need to look for is real-word use case. Is this ICO solving a problem that actually exists? Yes or no? If the answer is no or not really then you know that the ICO is probably a money grab and won't survive post ICO.

Let me give you an example of an ICO that has a real-world use case and will thrive: LINKCHAIN.

Why LINKCHAIN? Because they are solving a real problem that exists for freelance workers and for business that hire freelancers. At the moment they are both limited to platforms like Fiverr, Upwork and Freelancer. These all change 20% fees - this really eats into the profits of freelancers, forcing them to increase their price and charge customers more. And because of this high 20% fee, these platforms restrict communication between both parties for fear of them taking their business off the platform.

The alternative is using LinkedIn. Why? Millions of active daily professionals including freelance workers and people looking for their services. The problem with LinkedIn through is this: You are restricted to 1st and 2nd connections and even then a search for instance for a graphic designer would likely bring up thousands of results, most of which would not be suitable. The other big problem with using LinkedIn is the lack of safety and security for both parties. Both have to trust that the other party will pay for the work/ or deliver the work that was paid for. This results in a lot of unpaid for work and work not being delivered. Hence people go back platforms like Fiverr, Freelancer and Upwork and are forced to pay the 20% fees.

Solution: LINKCHAIN is the solution for this problem. Through the LINKCHAIN decentralised app, users will sign in with their LinkedIn user details, and then be auto-matched with suitable people, saving potentially hours of time. And because it's run on the blockchain, smart contracts mean that buyers will not pay for their work until certain conditions have been met and the work has been received. This takes away the need for each party to trust each other. Each user though will also have a rating based on previous transactions that all will be able to see. And instead of 20% fees, freelancers will pay a max of 5% in fees, saving both parties significantly.

The result is a platform that is much cheaper to use, gives freelancers and buyers access to potentially millions of daily users, automatch means they save time needing search through thousands of potential people, and their safety and security is guaranteed through smart contracts on the blockchain.

Based on the above, I can't really see LINKCHAIN not taking quite a large market share away from it's competitors and therefore I believe that as a company they will be financially very successful - very good for token holders.

Sorry for the long post but when I'm passionate about a project I can't help myself ; )

mayasari

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:00:09 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
You can try in Bountrust, there have a lot of legit Bounty. so far always paid not scam. You can join in telegram channel here: https://t.me/bounTrust  Smiley

━━▐|     LASER    |▌━━     BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS     ━━▐|     LASER    |▌━━
A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
Medium      Twitter      Reddit      ■■      WHITEPAPER      ■■      Telegram      Facebook      Instagram
victory.lil

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:52:07 PM

In many countries today ICO is probably a very, very complex process from the point of legal issues, therefore it is necessary to understand that there are countries that can respond very well to ICO
only-one234

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:53:35 PM

50/50. Some are are, some are not. Really what you need to look for is real-word use case. Is this ICO solving a problem that actually exists? Yes or no? If the answer is no or not really then you know that the ICO is probably a money grab and won't survive post ICO.

Let me give you an example of an ICO that has a real-world use case and will thrive: LINKCHAIN.

Why LINKCHAIN? Because they are solving a real problem that exists for freelance workers and for business that hire freelancers. At the moment they are both limited to platforms like Fiverr, Upwork and Freelancer. These all change 20% fees - this really eats into the profits of freelancers, forcing them to increase their price and charge customers more. And because of this high 20% fee, these platforms restrict communication between both parties for fear of them taking their business off the platform.

The alternative is using LinkedIn. Why? Millions of active daily professionals including freelance workers and people looking for their services. The problem with LinkedIn through is this: You are restricted to 1st and 2nd connections and even then a search for instance for a graphic designer would likely bring up thousands of results, most of which would not be suitable. The other big problem with using LinkedIn is the lack of safety and security for both parties. Both have to trust that the other party will pay for the work/ or deliver the work that was paid for. This results in a lot of unpaid for work and work not being delivered. Hence people go back platforms like Fiverr, Freelancer and Upwork and are forced to pay the 20% fees.

Solution: LINKCHAIN is the solution for this problem. Through the LINKCHAIN decentralised app, users will sign in with their LinkedIn user details, and then be auto-matched with suitable people, saving potentially hours of time. And because it's run on the blockchain, smart contracts mean that buyers will not pay for their work until certain conditions have been met and the work has been received. This takes away the need for each party to trust each other. Each user though will also have a rating based on previous transactions that all will be able to see. And instead of 20% fees, freelancers will pay a max of 5% in fees, saving both parties significantly.

The result is a platform that is much cheaper to use, gives freelancers and buyers access to potentially millions of daily users, automatch means they save time needing search through thousands of potential people, and their safety and security is guaranteed through smart contracts on the blockchain.

Based on the above, I can't really see LINKCHAIN not taking quite a large market share away from it's competitors and therefore I believe that as a company they will be financially very successful - very good for token holders.

Sorry for the long post but when I'm passionate about a project I can't help myself ; )

+1 for team LINKCHAIN. SkrillaKing did a YouTube review on them last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUfgrqqBugI&t=6s
Qu1ck$1Lv3r

Activity: 170

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:23:24 PM

50 percent of fraud. over 40 promising projects. 10 of these are really promising projects. our goal is to find 10 percent of this. When the market is nice  . prices in scam projects are rising. but our goal is actually to invest in technology at some point rather than making money

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Abigail Asi

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:53:51 PM

Some ICOs are good. Others are also scam. When you take 100 ICOs,  50 of them are good while 50 are scams so choose wisely.
insidertradingeverywhere

Activity: 468

The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 10:05:28 PM

Do you mean ICOs in general or particular ICO? Ico is one of the ways to raise funds and release tokens instead of money and then released product.
Now icos have depressive times and % of scams is higher

Kramblerty

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:23:29 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Look at Kamagames token sale. The company has real profit from 100M users in the amount of $57M for the last year.
Yes, I know, its hard to believe. So just enter Kamagames into google to make your own investigation.
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:01:55 PM

A good number of ICOs are legit as opposed to the negative media about ICOs but that's not to say that there are no scam ICO but you have to do a good background check before investing in any ICO for the safety of your Investment.
Violettochka

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:02:11 PM

You need to go through ICOs individually, because they are all different, the teams and their goals are really various. I never recommend ICOs because I don't want to take this responsibility.

skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:47:25 PM

The number of ICOs that are scam lately does not mean that legitimate ICOs are full. Being selective in choosing an ICO is very important to implement, always honing your analytical power so you can be smart and deft in finding a legitimate ICO. Regulations that continue to be tightened this time will make the results you get from ICO more valuable. Because to be able to take part in the ICO it must be true from someone who is decent and has a pretty good ability. This might also be an alternative to recover the crypto market so that legitimate ICOs can be raised again and the request for ICO will be high again.
Jrfranco

Activity: 786

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 11:52:59 AM
Merited by pritibitisi (1), gokselgok (1)

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

We cannot conclude if the ICO is legit or a scam, without understanding their project, but one thing that we should understand is we need to read their whitepaper, review their project if this project is in need to the community, and don’t forget to review who are the people behind in the certain ICO’s. The main purpose of having an ICO is to gather funds, that would be needed in order to start the project based on the whitepaper and the roadmap., that’s the main purpose of ICO., but we must be careful that some hackers and scammers are making their way to create an ICO in order to scam the people, so it’s a vice versa, its either to create the project in reality or to scam the people, so my advise would be invest only what you can afford to lose.
johnny66

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:13:38 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

We cannot conclude if the ICO is legit or a scam, without understanding their project, but one thing that we should understand is we need to read their whitepaper, review their project if this project is in need to the community, and don’t forget to review who are the people behind in the certain ICO’s. The main purpose of having an ICO is to gather funds, that would be needed in order to start the project based on the whitepaper and the roadmap., that’s the main purpose of ICO., but we must be careful that some hackers and scammers are making their way to create an ICO in order to scam the people, so it’s a vice versa, its either to create the project in reality or to scam the people, so my advise would be invest only what you can afford to lose.
There is a thread here listing all the obvious scam ICO (on bitcointalk)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4701035.0
MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:17:14 PM

ICO is better than IPO, it is legit, but scammer want to use it to make scam ^^
Just need to check project to join and be rich with crypto world!
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:31:15 PM

I myself am not too interested in making a long-term investment with an ico. but if I trade ico I still want to learn it. I am not interested in long-term investment with ico because most ico are just cheating, which in the end the exact price is just below. but if you trade daily with ico, there might still be a chance to get results.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:34:28 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Research and deep analyzation is a must. Dont dive to invest in any ICOs if you are not 100% sure that they are legit and the project is promising. Investigate all including small details about the company. be a wise investor.

Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:57:56 PM

There are both legit and scam ICOs in the crypto world. The responsibility of an investor is to check the authenticity of an ICO before the investor participate in it.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: