Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:40:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What encourages you to invest in any altcoin?  (Read 7198 times)
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:59:24 AM

Your heading is confusing. You asked in the heading about motive for investing in alt, when you typed in your intro, you were asking for strategies for alt.

Memoransom (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:35:32 PM

Your heading is confusing. You asked in the heading about motive for investing in alt, when you typed in your intro, you were asking for strategies for alt.
Nah, i was asking for the things we need to look out for that will encourage one to invest.
Simss

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:19:58 PM

the thing that drives me to invest in coin alt is they promise big profits, maybe not all of them can provide benefits but will give us more chances to be successful.
LiskPro.com

Activity: 245
Merit: 124

We love blockchain !

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:36:10 PM

What drives me :
- the withepaper;
- the team members (lots of ICO pops up with a team composed by 20 members but only 1 or 2 are coders);
- the roadmap;
- the initial price;
- the conjoncture (mainly related with BTC).

Smiley

-> Lisk is a great exemple !

Let's go to the moon.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:16:40 PM

I am a crypto enthusiastic and i know a 90% of people here on bitcointalk are as well.
There are a lot of altcoins in the market today. What should one look out for before investing in any altcoin
Here to have a better coin depends upon many factors.
Out of them the first factor is the concept : the main factor that is why we should buy that  coin, what is unique, what is the different things that we can see in that coin.
Team of the coin : How much the team is active and how much they have experience to handle the coins marketing and have any experience yet with another project or not.
Technology : what is the technology of the coin that we have with that coin because it is the technology which makes the coin. Powerful by security and stability.
If you can see these types of factor in the coin then i am sure that you can make better investment, here I am doing the same analysis before investment.
You need to investigate the devs as well, some scam icos are very good at masking their intentions, so investigate their names pictures and their experience if everything checks then you may have a project that is serious about its intentions but if something does not add up then that is a red flag that should be shared with the community and see how they respond to that information.
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 06:50:05 PM

There are a lot of fake currencies. Before trading in any crypto currency, you should look into the underlying project, market cap and past performance. It is important considering that each currency has different projects. If you plan to invest in any of them, you can learn more about their projects through their websites. Initial Coin Offerings, also known as ICOs, is the crypto currency version of crowd-funding. It is advisable to analyse ICOs before investing in new currencies. In an ICO, there are specific projects with pre-designated prices which don't change during the offering period.You should stay away from these currencies if you don't understand the risks involved.

Quidat

Activity: 2604
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:54:52 PM

I am a crypto enthusiastic and i know a 90% of people here on bitcointalk are as well.
There are a lot of altcoins in the market today. What should one look out for before investing in any altcoin
As an investor we would definitely make some research on those people who are behind the project I do ensure first that they are not the ones who are involved on scams back in the past months or years on ICO world. Once I do see 1 on the devs which are involved on scams.I do normally pass out and jump into another project.I have experienced to be scammed this is why I'm being more careful as of now and also the most important thing is their project if you do saw that it has a real usage .
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:59:27 PM

I haven't invested in any altcoins before, however, since I joined here, I was able to keep some of the tokens or coins I have earned through signature campaigns. I noticed something, some ICO's that people find useful are most likely to be successful, so if ever I would invest in to some altcoin, I will invest in an ICO that was developed by a good team and has a good market potential.
bramborakymilenec

Activity: 236

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:12:18 AM

I invest into altcoins because i see them changing the future in their industry.

Also if i make a profit it is another bonus!
richierich

Activity: 197

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:53:48 AM

Theme and goals of the projects each altcoins
Technology used which indeed needed for current generation
Active teams awaken all the time
Way of marketing their products
Maintain their standard, values and says.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 11:21:12 AM

If the altcoin has a purpose and a real usage in the online world then I would look into it. If it is just a copycat to other altcoin that already has a name and a good foundation then I would not choose that coin. I am making sure that they are still following their roadmap and their developers are active always innovating and looking for ways to be up to date. There is also the reputation of developers that should be taken into account making sure that someone is not involve in a scam before.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:36:04 AM

I look into fundamentals and technical analysis both before betting my money into any alt. If a coin has been in market for more than 1 year, technical analysis is more important aspect for me. However, if a coin is in pre-sale phase, i look into its fundamentals.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:45:41 AM

It's just what comes out of your own research. The worst thing you can do is jump in and buy a coin because people are saying it's good without explaining why it's good.

So roadmap, team, whitepaper and progress so far, PR, the use case that the coin is trying to fill, competitors, other potential obstacles (legislative etc). The list is endless really, just reasearch and more research.

nobody-

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 11:49:49 AM

Project and Team mostly, but lets not forget that alt coins can jump 400% percent over a week which big coins like Eth and Bitcoin can't do anymore.
Yes I agree. These are the essential things that you should first look into before you invest. Their project and the team behind it. Check if it is promising and has a lot of potential and also check if the team are totally legit people that are really involved in that certain project.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:03:41 PM

Initially I like to look at what the altcoin is designed for and what their way forward looks like. If that looks good I the. Read the white paper to see if it all makes sense. After that I’ll take a look into the development team to be sure they exist and have the background they say they have. After that I am hopeful that the altcoin can meet its goals and invest it in for the long term. That usually my process unless I spot a pump and dump early then I just try to ensure I don’t buy in at the top.
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:06:37 PM

Most people don't know you can make good passive income with crypto and it's amazing.

You should read this link below and look seriously into these coins, I think the concept changes the whole crypto game:

https://www.investitin.com/masternode/ for the background info

and

https://masternodes.pro/ for an up to date list of coins and ROI information.

My fave CRAVE is a masternode powerhouse - not only is it a double lever against fiat (via bitcoin), but there's only 1.38 Million of them at the mo with no pre-mine, and an active developer + team. 

With masternodes, you buy the collateral, then this creates more coins via the node that you can sell for BTC and then do what ever you want with, while always keeping the collateral.  It's the perfect long term holder setup.
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:11:30 PM

i see if the project is feasible!

i see if the team is solid, legit and how they answer to critics!

and finaly i see the roadmap progression if the project have more than 6 months
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:18:01 PM

Basically, the first thing to look at an Alt coin is the project and development team behind it. Alt coin which has unique project is usually the coin that succeed. I notice that good project such as real state has a big potetial for altcoin growth. Most project who attracts investors is more interested on the long-term operation of the project. Moreover, project that has credible team is likely becoming the trend for altcoin. The people behind the project is the major factor why an alt coin may succeed and encourage more people to git engage with it.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:18:59 PM

It is the lower price value encourage me to invest in altcoin which is cheaper than bitcoin to purchase most likely for the beginners like me which is very low of investment capital. By starting in lowest amount of investment thru altcoin it will give us the opportunity to early to start our experience in trading and investing at the lowest cost of the risk until we become skilled traders and investors someday.
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:29:46 PM

My advice to do some research about project and team. Read white paper several times. There are a lot of scam altcoins so you need a lot of expirience to find the good one. But this expirience  will come to you only after a lot of time reading and learning..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: