Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:46:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What encourages you to invest in any altcoin?  (Read 7200 times)
PepperaOnIt

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:21:25 AM

For me, i think you should first look if the one altcoin is very useful and you think that this has a good strategy because the place and time of the altcoin is right and its has a sense to become a successful.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:25:34 AM

Most of the time I only invest in projects I truly believe in. So basically I am investing in the people and community behind it, because I believe the project will have a real world use and might benefit us in the future.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:09:45 AM

Well for altcoins first thing i check is who are the developers. As much as possible i don't want to buy some nobody that wants to earn a quick buck by producing some shit coins. They should have good vision for it to have a potential to grow and of course with that the main reason to earn some profit.
Since newer coins are very cheap compared to Bitcoin the room for profit is still very large.
condura150

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:41:10 AM

I am a crypto enthusiastic and i know a 90% of people here on bitcointalk are as well.
There are a lot of altcoins in the market today. What should one look out for before investing in any altcoin

If an altcoin presents a unique project and a product that can help a lot of people I'm encouraged to invest on it. Specially if it has good team and a large number of people that also trust the project. Profit is also one of the things that encourages me to invest in any altcoin, because is a coin or project becomes successful you also gain a large amount of profit from it, making your time and investment worth it.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:21:04 AM

I am a crypto enthusiastic and i know a 90% of people here on bitcointalk are as well.
There are a lot of altcoins in the market today. What should one look out for before investing in any altcoin

Actually, I buy coins when the ICO becomes successful. Well I just wanna be sure that I'm buying the right coin that will survive in the market in the long run and will not belong in hundreds of shitcoins. Also the team is a factor here.

nitinum

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:32:41 AM

i believe in cryptorevolution. rrrriot!  Cool
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:12:13 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 04:45:23 AM by Spoetnik

i believe in cryptorevolution. rrrriot!  Cool

How 2013 of you.. the teen angst crypto rebel crap is cute & precocious.
Good luck with that..

And NOOBS ..you are doing it wrong.
You are suppose to be chanting FREE MARKET  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:14:49 PM

Promising project, campaigns, whitepaper, and what is the ICO all about. Also the incentives, does the Coin encourage you to access something like platform projects, services or researches. Does the ICO is secured in any way its not a scam.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:53:38 AM

Promising project, campaigns, whitepaper, and what is the ICO all about. Also the incentives, does the Coin encourage you to access something like platform projects, services or researches. Does the ICO is secured in any way its not a scam.

Are you high or what ?
What a crock of shit.  Roll Eyes
If the pyramid scheme is "secured" then it's ok ?
LOL
It's *STILL* a fucking pyramid scheme.
Know how ? By how it WORKS.

You guys are frauds.. 99.99% of you here.
There is nothing but noob accounts and a spinkle of old users with puppets.
You changed crypto from thinking ICO's were scammy to now we only "do" ICO's.
You ignore the lack of LAW then rant on about security.

It's pretty simple.. if there are no people to stop insider trading and manipulation etc then it will be rampant.
And it is.. even if you simply ignore it.
How the fuck do you think the scam coin Ethereum got so big ?

This shit and all of you here are a joke.
A silly greedy impatient little facade where morality is trumped by stupidity and bad behavior.
Your incessant cliche'd little defense retorts for bad behavior never change.
In vain.. because it doesn't matter.
Earth gove 0 fucks and they aren't coming Investards.
Not that i think you care though..

Who is it you all want to come here ?
More investards to play centralized shitcoin ICO "penny stocks" on govt AML/KYC compliant "exchangers" fer teh ROI's.
You don't want normal people investing in a legit digital currency so it's used as intended.
That is of no interest to any of you.
What you want is other profiteers to come to crypto to buy your shitcoin bags.
And the kicker is you want it all unregulated so you can game the systems every step of the way.. for dollars $$$
Real dollars.. cash fiat money (Bitcoin as the vehicle)

The elephant is in the room.

FUD first & ask questions later™
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:19:10 PM

i see if the project is feasible!

i see if the team is solid, legit and how they answer to critics!

and finaly i see the roadmap progression if the project have more than 6 months
Many people do not even look at the road map and that is very important we need to have a working product after a few months if it is going to take years much of the enthusiasm for the coin is going to disappear in that case the best thing that you could do is to not invest in the ico and check the price every few months and see if you can get the coin for cheap.
Flodemaga

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:23:55 AM

Well each ICO has something unique to bring to crypto some of them hasnt nothing developed are just raising funds to start, thats is funny, anyway, i do like to read the roadmap, see the team, and usually will invest accordingly the investment already made, if a coin has a big volume into its ICO it means it has potencial to grow and people support those.
CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:27:19 AM

after researching i can decide if the coin worth it
most of the times its the idea & development progress
some teams have a very good development progress, and still undervalued because they dont make hypes.. i still invest in that coins for long term .

ratatuykun

Activity: 99

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 12:32:32 AM

Main reason: low market cap. If ICO X has 100 million market cap and ICO Y has 5 million market cap with same functionality then potential profit is 20x when you buying ICO Y. Second reason: famous advisors. Kyber Network received a lot hype as last ICO with advisor Vytalik Buterin .

COMSA ■ The ICO Solution for Centralized Businesses to Adopt Blockchain Technologies
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌▌▌  ICO: Oct 2nd until Nov 6th▐▐▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
■ ■ ■ WebsiteWhitepaperTwitterBlogsRedditFacebook ■  TelegramSlackBitcointalk ■ ■ ■
Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:39:55 AM

What encourages me towards investing into altcoin is the high rate of the increase on its market value. Altcoin is best at short term investments. Investing to altcoin would lead to huge profit within a short period of time. Things to consider on investing to altcoin is the size of its community. Like in ETH, which its community is still growing that makes the demand high. Also, it is oftenly used in ICOs which also affects its demand and market value that makes it good as an investment.
ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:57:06 AM

The first thing to keep in mind before investing in an Altcoin is what is the project about? To do this, you should read your Whitepaper carefully.

The most important aspects of a Whitepaper can be summarized in 3:
1- Understand what the project is about, this is the most important point, knowing where we are going to invest our money.

2- Benefit of buying the Token in advance. Usually the new Startup give some kind of bonus by buying their currency before it hits the market.

3- Names of the people who make up the project. You can search them by Google to verify that they are real, participation in means, etc.
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:25:27 AM

Good dev team ,  regular updates , good whitepaper and roadmap.
Github is nice to check updates , for the coins i'm invested in i follow the topics here.
Even if all that is right it still is a bit of luck.

Natsuu

Activity: 1148
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:28:02 AM

Actually, I buy coins when the ICO becomes successful. Well I just wanna be sure that I'm buying the right coin that will survive in the market in the long run and will not belong in hundreds of shitcoins. Also the team is a factor here.

Yeah this is playing safe and we all want our money to be safe.
But for me, I'm looking always in the white paper and roadmap if it's realistic, timely and promising.
As always the pre ico have always a big discount for early birds and we can have a profit afterwards.
And it's a win or lose situation for me, actually.

coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 01:35:34 AM

The great possibility of earning profit thru trading is very enticing..this may be the common reason for most who invest in altcoin. Who wouldn’t want to gain profit right?  Wink

swoolzze

Activity: 69

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:41:36 AM

The goal of the project and the teamwork of the whole team that leads to success. It is so fun to participate in any projects like investing in altcoins, it is makes myself learn or gain something useful.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:43:16 AM

The first is I need to make sure that the coin is not a scammed, then I will see does the coin got the potential to earn profit and does the potential is long term or a short term investment, the reason I invest in alt coin is for profit, alt coin is a cheaper than bitcoin and it got a good potential to generate big profit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: