Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SophiaTX Announcement - The Blockchain for Business  (Read 67250 times)
MissedBTCtrain

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:21:33 AM

Can anyone translate or send the jist of the story?

Just read it through google translate and its quite informative. I think we need more of this to spread out to all of the local people.
Just out of curiosity - why are you reading articles in foreign language using Google translate? It's just pointless   Grin

Be carefull reading anything with google translation!

I once tried to google translate the NEO whitepaper, it was a depressing read

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰  
 ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:27:23 AM

I just read your article on Forbs
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/09/29/worlds-first-open-source-platform-integrating-sap-blockchain-plans-initial-coin-offering/#39611cad13b8

A joint venture between Swiss-based blockchain content distribution platform DECENT and Venaco Group, an independent "best-in-class" SAP advisory, innovation and implementation services firm, has revealed the formation of a blockchain platform and marketplace for “businesses of all sizes,” called SophiaTX. The business behind the venture plans to launch an initial coin offering (ICO) in the next few months.

So, Decent - was your project also?

No, DECENT is a company, not a project. There are a few people from DECENT working on a SophiaTX, as well as there are some from Venaco Group and some are just from Equidato Technologies. That is how joint ventures work. 

You mean this DECENT? right?
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/decent/

I think about cryptocurrency Decent. So, this 2 projects have 1 owner?
captainhera

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:41:10 AM

I'm thinking that SAP AG  will be very interested on this platform and maybe forge a partneship with SophiaTX. Smiley
it would be great, good partnership at this stage would be very useful for growth of the project.

the question is "Is SAP aware of this integration?". have you guys spoken with them?

Hmmm it seems SAP is working on their own blockchain as a service.
https://www.sap.com/belgie/products/leonardo/blockchain.html

How does SophiaTX differ compared to the service SAP wants to roll out?

Great question!
Thanks for pointing this out, very curious about the answer from the devs.
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:07:57 AM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/09/29/worlds-first-open-source-platform-integrating-sap-blockchain-plans-initial-coin-offering/#39611cad13b8

A joint venture between Swiss-based blockchain content distribution platform DECENT and Venaco Group, an independent "best-in-class" SAP advisory, innovation and implementation services firm, has revealed the formation of a blockchain platform and marketplace for “businesses of all sizes,” called SophiaTX. The business behind the venture plans to launch an initial coin offering (ICO) in the next few months.

No, DECENT is a company, not a project. There are a few people from DECENT working on a SophiaTX, as well as there are some from Venaco Group and some are just from Equidato Technologies. That is how joint ventures work. 

Most of people who works in the crypto space are just freelancers so they can work on many projects at the same time
SophiaTX (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:11:29 AM

Not really. DECENT resp. DCT belongs to company DECENT, which has it own owners, so if I simplify it a lot it is one project and one "owner"(company). And this "owner" (company) is working on another project together with Venaco Group (another "owner"). So SophiaTX has two "owners" one of which is DECENT.
SophiaTX (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:17:57 AM

We will get 10% bonus during the token generation event if we use DCT. What if we use ETH? Wether there will be a bonus for us?

does this combine (additional) with early bird sale?

If you will participate with DCT in the first round you will have both - 10% bonus as well as the price for the first round: 0,00062789 ETH. The same is applicable to all five rounds. In every round, you will have 10% bonus if you participate with DCT as well as the price determined for that round. There is no bonus for ETH or BTC.
SophiaTX (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:28:55 AM

may i ask if a tiny airdrop maybe, is not planned for the community? mostly airdrops are rising the awareness pretty fast, nowadays Smiley

After careful consideration of all pros and cons, it is not suitable for our type of project, therefore we decided not to proceed with it.
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:40:48 AM

may i ask if a tiny airdrop maybe, is not planned for the community? mostly airdrops are rising the awareness pretty fast, nowadays Smiley

After careful consideration of all pros and cons, it is not suitable for our type of project, therefore we decided not to proceed with it.

not having an airdrop is sure the better choice! people who "want" the coins by airdrop dont really want them
HDAMMO

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:46:53 AM

Where can i find the timeline?
emanuelgunter

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:51:15 AM

I wonder what new types of business models will appear because of your project. I hope we will see that soon!
SophiaTX (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:54:17 AM

I'm thinking that SAP AG  will be very interested on this platform and maybe forge a partneship with SophiaTX. Smiley
it would be great, good partnership at this stage would be very useful for growth of the project.

the question is "Is SAP aware of this integration?". have you guys spoken with them?

I would also like to know that. SAP is a very big company, they have huge client base. How will SophiaTX compete with that?

It is a very big company so it definitely has resources to monitor the market and there was also an article on SAP Africa website so we are sure they know about us. But we haven't spoken to them officially about anything. We do not compete with them directly since as we mentioned in our Whitepaper:
"The SAP company has introduced a very compelling offering under its SAP Leonardo innovation effort. SAP’s blockchain approach of BaaS20 (Blockchain-as-a-Service) is suitable for large and midsize organizations seeking a rather private and consortium-based setup. Having said that, opening it to wider public participants may prove to be challenging and less trusted by typical blockchain advocates. In our view BaaS is coming short of being truly inclusive of all participants across value chains, does not provide sufficient transparency, and has a tendency to be relatively more expensive."

SophiaTX (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:57:18 AM

Where can i find the timeline?

At the begining of this thread, there is a Roadmap with a timeline (it is an image and it might take a few seconds to load all images).
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:59:07 AM

I am glad you decided not to have an airdrop. What I have seen fom other projects is that as soon as such an airdrop is launched the quality of posts here and in Telegram drops drastically:"Joined airdrop" "Thanks for Airdrop" and similar of these phrases. These kind of activity doesn't help a project and I have still doubts that even a few of these airdrop hunters stay interested in the project itself.
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:01:16 AM

not having an airdrop is sure the better choice! people who "want" the coins by airdrop dont really want them
Not necessarily, there are people who simply want to get some coins to sell fast and there are others who can not afford to invest in many projects and want to have some coins because it seems a good project whose value is going to increase.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:23:28 AM

I would also like to know that. SAP is a very big company, they have huge client base. How will SophiaTX compete with that?

It is a very big company so it definitely has resources to monitor the market and there was also an article on SAP Africa website so we are sure they know about us. But we haven't spoken to them officially about anything. We do not compete with them directly since as we mentioned in our Whitepaper:
"The SAP company has introduced a very compelling offering under its SAP Leonardo innovation effort. SAP’s blockchain approach of BaaS20 (Blockchain-as-a-Service) is suitable for large and midsize organizations seeking a rather private and consortium-based setup. Having said that, opening it to wider public participants may prove to be challenging and less trusted by typical blockchain advocates. In our view BaaS is coming short of being truly inclusive of all participants across value chains, does not provide sufficient transparency, and has a tendency to be relatively more expensive."

Thanks for reply!
So if I understood correctly, SophiaTX will provide services for wide range of rather small customers making it easy to access?

alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:26:02 AM

Not necessarily, there are people who simply want to get some coins to sell fast and there are others who can not afford to invest in many projects and want to have some coins because it seems a good project whose value is going to increase.

okay well you are right - i just thought about these "airdrop hunters"
Münzpräger

Activity: 1610
Merit: 362

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:26:12 AM

but there is also the perception that projects doing airdrops are "cheap" projects. Since SophiaTX are aiming at buisiness customers I believe it's better not to market it as a free giveaway.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:26:03 PM

I'm curious to know if SAP's BaaS will be fast enough for the huge amount of data going trough SAP everyday. Decent is really fast, 5 sec blocktime (like other DPoS chains, ARK 8 sec, BTS 3 sec etc...)

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:27:26 PM

but there is also the perception that projects doing airdrops are "cheap" projects. Since SophiaTX are aiming at buisiness customers I believe it's better not to market it as a free giveaway.
To be honest I have never had that perception but maybe you're right an business customers think different
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:29:06 PM

They are not even giving bounties and you are discussing airdrop. Not likely.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: