Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:15:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SophiaTX Announcement - The Blockchain for Business  (Read 67244 times)
sge99

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 10:02:48 AM

Just read this:
you have to fill out the ETH Address where you want to receive your SPHTX Tokens

We will receive tokens at first, and than can swap them to coins when mainnet will be launched?

That is correct. It's not the first project doing this.

Yes I know, project with own blockchain must have time to create mainnet. But when we will receive coins?

As you can see in their roadmap they plan to implement SophiaTX wallet in Q2 2018/Q3 2018 and I think then you will be able to swap your tokens.

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SophiaTX (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:53:37 AM

is platform going to support other language? is it on road map?

Right now, we have roadmap only for the most important parts - so it is mainly about technical things. Adding new language mutations doesn't belong to this category. Since we are aiming for global adoption it will be necessary to add new languages but for now, we are focusing on developing the platform itself. Localization will come later, probably depending on the needs of our customers.
SophiaTX (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:07:51 AM

If I do the KYC registration today, can I immediately buy tokens when the ICO starts? Or do I have to wait until someone checks my data? How long will that take?

You will receive an email notification. If the email says that you passed you can buy immediately after the TGE starts. If you did not pass you can write an email to report@sophiatx.com and we will look at your case individually. It may take some time, so it is better to do it ASAP if you want to make sure that you can participate in the first round.
alphashotgun

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:10:48 AM

are there any news about partnerships?
SophiaTX (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:15:28 AM

We’ve added more language options to sophiatx.com! You’ll find the “Select Language” menu in the upper right hand corner of our homepage.

Better late, than never.
Thanks guys   Smiley

It's awesome that you're supporting so many languages. It really shows that you're serious!
Congratulations on that. With the greatness of Sophia, you can not only support a language, accessibility generates profitability. Waiting anxiously for the day 5/12, I wait for a propitious scenario to join me. Good luck
It's very convenient, besides it will expand the audience of potential investors, linguistics is a very important component of any business.

This opens the project to investors that are not fluent in english. It's a good idea because for people like me that understand english they feel much more comfortable reading in their first language.

This is very good SophiaTX, however in the Filipino/Tagalog version, it says Tagalong instead of Tagalog. While it is a very minimal typo, I think it should still be corrected. Thanks!

Thank you very much! I notified my colleague about the typo  Wink
SophiaTX (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:18:16 AM

do you require kyc

Yes. KYC is mandatory for all TGE participants.
SophiaTX (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:24:03 AM

do you require kyc

Yes you do. Many people asked about this before, including me. Now I want to figure out how it works. Is there a FAQ somewhere about the KYC process?

Yes, we have prepared a guide for KYC.
Tim.Bet

Activity: 161

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:36:12 AM

can I join the bounty now?
SophiaTX (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:36:45 AM

Are you prepared to participate in our TGE? We have prepared a step by step guide to make it easier for you. Check it out and be ready for Tuesday when the TGE page will be available.

i dont really like all the kyc stuff. why is that so important for devs when there are participants in the ico which only invest like 2 eth or something like that?

We need to protect ourselves against money laundering and make sure that we comply with rules and laws. We are B2B platform and for companies, it is very important that their partners are respecting the law because otherwise, they could have also be dragged into it and have problems and damaged reputation.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:44:15 AM

Can I ask a question?

What connection to DCT do you have that you give a bonus for using DCT coins for investors? Or why do you use this coins as investment currency?

It seems like sophiatx is based on it somehow, you can see it mentioned in here under apps: https://decent.ch

This is the answer I got;

SophiaTX is a project by Equidato Technologies - Joint Venture between DECENT and Venaco Group. So DECENT has a stake in SophiaTX.
As far as I know their blockchain will be based on decent's blockchain so it is natural that they will give bonuses to investors who want to use dct

Well I wouldn't call it natural but it's of course a clever move then to support the project. *
Anyways, thanks for your answers. Until now I somehow thought SophiaTX will have an own blockchain. So Decent can be seen as a parent-blockchain and SophiaTX as a child-blockchain? Currently I am a bit confused Cheesy

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
SophiaTX (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:48:45 AM

a blockchain specifically tailored for businesses seems like a pretty interesting approach but I do feel like a lot of other projects have taken this approach in the past I'm curious as to what you think distinguishes you from these other projects and who you would consider your main competitors in the space are? I'm genuinely curious to hear your response and I'll be paying attention because I'm looking for a basket of currencies to throw my newly-acquired fortune into got to love that Bitcoin 10K burst

We have a holistic approach and we are open source - those are the main two things that distinguish us from others. On page 37 in our Whitepaper, you can find some other solutions ("competitors") and why they really aren't our competitors.

A holistic approach means that we not focusing only on one industry or supply chain but instead we can serve everyone. Not just big players, not just small companies but all businesses. This can lead faster and global adoption and better collaboration.

One of the competitors listed in the whitepaper is... Ethereum. Noted downsides of Ethereum are proof of work, lack of privacy and encryption. Those features are under development. Vitalik Buterin estimated a timeline of 3-5 year for those features to be completed, as well as Visa level transaction throughput. How can SophiaTX be operational in 2018?

Even though our roadmap is maybe optimistic, you have to take into account that creating something better from a scratch is always easier than updating the running system. Ethereum has a lot of problems that need to be fixed first for it to be even considered to be used by serious businesses. It wasn't created with international corporations and wast supply chains in mind but SophiaTX is. And blockchain is evolving fast so when they were creating the Ethereum they couldn't know a lot of things that we know now - partially thanks to them. New projects are learning from the mistakes of their predecessor. Until they solve one problem on a running platform we will avoid five just by designing it with the problems in mind.

SophiaTX (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:51:45 AM

Can I ask a question?

What connection to DCT do you have that you give a bonus for using DCT coins for investors? Or why do you use this coins as investment currency?

It seems like sophiatx is based on it somehow, you can see it mentioned in here under apps: https://decent.ch

This is the answer I got;

SophiaTX is a project by Equidato Technologies - Joint Venture between DECENT and Venaco Group. So DECENT has a stake in SophiaTX.
As far as I know their blockchain will be based on decent's blockchain so it is natural that they will give bonuses to investors who want to use dct

Well I wouldn't call it natural but it's of course a clever move then to support the project. *
Anyways, thanks for your answers. Until now I somehow thought SophiaTX will have an own blockchain. So Decent can be seen as a parent-blockchain and SophiaTX as a child-blockchain? Currently I am a bit confused Cheesy

Yes, we could probably say that. Sometimes it is incorrectly referred to as a hard fork - but it is not. We are using DECENT's blockchain to create our own.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:00:00 PM

Are you prepared to participate in our TGE? We have prepared a step by step guide to make it easier for you. Check it out and be ready for Tuesday when the TGE page will be available.

I never did a kyc, always dodged it but probably i can't dodge this.

Still, it is nice to have a guide for us first-timers. Probably will do it tomorrow.

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:04:43 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 12:20:58 PM by kraterion

a blockchain specifically tailored for businesses seems like a pretty interesting approach but I do feel like a lot of other projects have taken this approach in the past I'm curious as to what you think distinguishes you from these other projects and who you would consider your main competitors in the space are? I'm genuinely curious to hear your response and I'll be paying attention because I'm looking for a basket of currencies to throw my newly-acquired fortune into got to love that Bitcoin 10K burst

We have a holistic approach and we are open source - those are the main two things that distinguish us from others. On page 37 in our Whitepaper, you can find some other solutions ("competitors") and why they really aren't our competitors.

A holistic approach means that we not focusing only on one industry or supply chain but instead we can serve everyone. Not just big players, not just small companies but all businesses. This can lead faster and global adoption and better collaboration.

One of the competitors listed in the whitepaper is... Ethereum. Noted downsides of Ethereum are proof of work, lack of privacy and encryption. Those features are under development. Vitalik Buterin estimated a timeline of 3-5 year for those features to be completed, as well as Visa level transaction throughput. How can SophiaTX be operational in 2018?

Even though our roadmap is maybe optimistic, you have to take into account that creating something better from a scratch is always easier than updating the running system. Ethereum has a lot of problems that need to be fixed first for it to be even considered to be used by serious businesses. It wasn't created with international corporations and wast supply chains in mind but SophiaTX is. And blockchain is evolving fast so when they were creating the Ethereum they couldn't know a lot of things that we know now - partially thanks to them. New projects are learning from the mistakes of their predecessor. Until they solve one problem on a running platform we will avoid five just by designing it with the problems in mind.

Glad you're saying that Ethereum has a lot of problem because it's true. Ethereum Classic has a new standard for tokens ERC223 which for my understanding is more secure but everyone (with the intention to keep their tokens on ETH chain) issue ERC20 tokens just because the hype right now is there, on Ethereum chain

that's what I'm talking about https://twitter.com/ETCisComing/status/936932971583561730

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:11:28 PM

Still, it is nice to have a guide for us first-timers. Probably will do it tomorrow.
Thanks for the guide. I've never use KYC before. and this is going to help me a lot.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:13:10 PM

You could still hope for a good price on exchanges after the ICO and buy it from there. But without the usual bounty dumps, I think during the TGE it's the best and cheapest time to buy your tokens.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:30:49 PM

You could still hope for a good price on exchanges after the ICO and buy it from there. But without the usual bounty dumps, I think during the TGE it's the best and cheapest time to buy your tokens.

Actually most of the times I'm not doing KYC because I know I can buy from exchanges even cheaper.

But with no bounty, it won't be that easy to buy on exchanges. It seems like the cheapest way to obtain some SophiaTX is buy from ICO.

loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:38:01 PM

Actually most of the times I'm not doing KYC because I know I can buy from exchanges even cheaper.

But with no bounty, it won't be that easy to buy on exchanges. It seems like the cheapest way to obtain some SophiaTX is buy from ICO.
Indeed, because of that I also don't expect a fats drop in the price but how knows what can happen.
gaitchs

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:45:23 PM

In my country the government require kyc in everything. Someday they will ask kyc for buying vegetables
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:47:34 PM

bounty is also marketing , maybe they already have marketing budget

Indeed, because of that I also don't expect a fats drop in the price but how knows what can happen.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: