Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:27:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Divi Project [DIVI] - The First Crypto for Mainstream Adoption  (Read 45772 times)
Yoko 666

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:13:32 AM

OK So 5 months until Main-net launch and you will be building/growing community & marketplace during this time. Will there be any use for the DivX during this time other then trade? For example purchase things from marketplace.

It will primarily be a store of value (for trading) and a way to guarantee your divi, but of course if things more quickly than expected this could change. We prefer to be conservative.

When does the marketplace go live?  When the protocol launches?

We have already started outreach to potential vendors and already have commitments from some, thus campaign will get massively ramped up in Q1 2018 and marketplace will launch alongside the protocol and smart wallet in Q2.

Cool cool, thanks

You guys are crushin it on customer service lol... seems like you get back to people w in 10-15min

Our goal is to build a massive community with this coin and we believe in growing thru grassroots interactions with said community. Come join us on telegram and let's go to the moon together! https://t.me/joinchat/EAdiTQ3yZk_GkqU0IdG-Gg

Word thanks for the invite, I'll check it out.  Haven't used Telegram much, mostly Btctalk, Reddit & FB groups for crypto.

We also have a SubReddit- https://www.reddit.com/r/DiviProject

Yup I'm already subscribed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alex3921

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:16:22 AM

Hey team,
I went through your whitepaper and I am still confused about DivX tokens usage after Divi blockchain is created.
On the page 1:
Example: John participates and acquir es 5,000 Divi Project tokens (DIVX).
When the Divi blockchain launches he voluntarily stakes his 5,000 tokens by
sending them to the Divi-redemption-address to be temporarily be held and
then instantly receives 5,000 DIVI. At the end of the 60 day redemption period
John’s tokens will be returned to him
. John now has 5,000 DIVX & 5,000 DIVI.

but at the same time, page 14 says the following
Redeeming Divicoins - DIVI will become available after the Divi Project
blockchain launch, scheduled for early Q2, 2018. There will be a 60 day
redemption period where Divi Project token participants can stake their
DIVX tokens to receive a 1 to 1 ratio of DIVI. Redeeming DIVI is free, and
DIVX tokens will be burned as part of the process.

Which part is correct?
Yoko 666

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:18:13 AM

You guys have a ton of dope vids on Reddit you should share here... I love all the drone footage in Costa Rica.  And whoever has the account r/JustHODLIt is killin it plastering the articles about Divi everywhere lol
99darwin

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:27:23 AM

Hey team,
I went through your whitepaper and I am still confused about DivX tokens usage after Divi blockchain is created.
On the page 1:
Example: John participates and acquir es 5,000 Divi Project tokens (DIVX).
When the Divi blockchain launches he voluntarily stakes his 5,000 tokens by
sending them to the Divi-redemption-address to be temporarily be held and
then instantly receives 5,000 DIVI. At the end of the 60 day redemption period
John’s tokens will be returned to him
. John now has 5,000 DIVX & 5,000 DIVI.

but at the same time, page 14 says the following
Redeeming Divicoins - DIVI will become available after the Divi Project
blockchain launch, scheduled for early Q2, 2018. There will be a 60 day
redemption period where Divi Project token participants can stake their
DIVX tokens to receive a 1 to 1 ratio of DIVI. Redeeming DIVI is free, and
DIVX tokens will be burned as part of the process.

Which part is correct?

Thanks for pointing out this error!

The first example is the correct explanation- DIVX tokens will be returned to those who exchange them for DIVI tokens after 60 days.

Actually, based on community consensus we have chosen to burn them - a lot of early adopters have requested this outcome for the DIVX if we can't find a suitable use case for them. I will make sure the whitepaper gets updated to reflect this. This is a rather recent development and I assume that's why DiviDude was unaware.
Abrahamtt

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:31:16 AM

Hold on to those coins and stake them. They will have greater value in the future.
DiviDude

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 03:52:35 AM

Hold on to those coins and stake them. They will have greater value in the future.

That's exactly what we're hoping to encourage- HODL!  Masternodes and staking will help created consistent long term growth.
georgeandy

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:56:06 AM

t is more than interesting to see how you want to take all this movement to the mass adoption you have my total support.

greetings and good luck.
Yoko 666

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:03:02 AM

You thinkin about buying any when ICO goes live?  650 divx/1 Eth is pretty solid, I'm considering 4-6 Eth...
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 04:09:23 AM

You thinkin about buying any when ICO goes live?  650 divx/1 Eth is pretty solid, I'm considering 4-6 Eth...

DIVX will only be valued at 650 DIVX/1 Eth for Phase 1 of our token sale- Phases 2 & 3 will be priced at 500 DIVX/1 Eth.

Participate earlier for a better price!
alex3921

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:11:24 AM

Thanks for pointing out this error!

The first example is the correct explanation- DIVX tokens will be returned to those who exchange them for DIVI tokens after 60 days.

Actually, based on community consensus we have chosen to burn them - a lot of early adopters have requested this outcome for the DIVX if we can't find a suitable use case for them. I will make sure the whitepaper gets updated to reflect this. This is a rather recent development and I assume that's why DiviDude was unaware.

Thanks for answering my question. I like the idea of burning tokens after exchange, it is definitely better than trying to find a good use case for tokens that are basically useless after and no longer connected to Divi network.
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 04:15:50 AM

t is more than interesting to see how you want to take all this movement to the mass adoption you have my total support.

greetings and good luck.

Thank you for the interest and support!  Please let us know if you have any questions!
Yoko 666

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:18:20 AM

DIVX will only be valued at 650 DIVX/1 Eth for Phase 1 of our token sale- Phases 2 & 3 will be priced at 500 DIVX/1 Eth.

Participate earlier for a better price!

Yup thanks, I saw that in the whitepaper
Yoko 666

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:25:04 AM

Been trading crypto for a couple years now... always kicked myself for missing Btc & Eth when they were stupid cheap, but I was able to ride the Ether rocket from $18 up.  Been looking for an ICO to put some Eth profits into and as far as blockchain goes, you're my favorite so far.  I'm looking into tangle and iota, but you're my favorite blockchain project of 2017.  You better kill it in 2018 with that protocol launch, I've been telling a few of my friends about you- don't make me look like a fool lol
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 04:34:03 AM

Been trading crypto for a couple years now... always kicked myself for missing Btc & Eth when they were stupid cheap, but I was able to ride the Ether rocket from $18 up.  Been looking for an ICO to put some Eth profits into and as far as blockchain goes, you're my favorite so far.  I'm looking into tangle and iota, but you're my favorite blockchain project of 2017.  You better kill it in 2018 with that protocol launch, I've been telling a few of my friends about you- don't make me look like a fool lol

Wow, that's honestly unbelievable to read!  To be among such company as IOTA is truly flattering!  We're aiming to revolutionize cryptocurrencies by simplifying things in ways no one else has attempted and making it accessible to everyone.  I'm so glad word is spreading and people are so supportive!

Would you mind discussing the possibility of you doing a review for us on Medium.com after you participate in the token sale to detail your experience and explain why you feel Divi is such a great platform?  I could message you to discuss it further.
Yoko 666

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:38:11 AM

Wow, that's honestly unbelievable to read!  To be among such company as IOTA is truly flattering!  We're aiming to revolutionize cryptocurrencies by simplifying things in ways no one else has attempted and making it accessible to everyone.  I'm so glad word is spreading and people are so supportive!

Would you mind discussing the possibility of you doing a review for us on Medium.com after you participate in the token sale to detail your experience and explain why you feel Divi is such a great platform?  I could message you to discuss it further.

Sure message me
Yoko 666

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:43:13 AM

Not really sure what I'll say lol... I feel like it's a no brainer when you read the whitepaper and look into the team.  People like Tim Sanders wouldn't put their reputation on the line if this wasn't legit...

I'm in
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 04:53:06 AM

Not really sure what I'll say lol... I feel like it's a no brainer when you read the whitepaper and look into the team.  People like Tim Sanders wouldn't put their reputation on the line if this wasn't legit...

I'm in

Tim has incredible insight and is an amazing guy- working with him has been an absolute pleasure, incredibly educational, and he's one of the most encouraging people I've ever been able to work with.  He's known for picking winners, so we're excited to have him on board!

I shot you a PM- definitely looking forward to further discussion.
Yoko 666

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:54:44 AM

I'm in

Tim has incredible insight and is an amazing guy- working with him has been an absolute pleasure, incredibly educational, and he's one of the most encouraging people I've ever been able to work with.  He's known for picking winners, so we're excited to have him on board!

Isn't he like bff's with Mark Cuban? lol
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 05:08:52 AM

I'm in

Isn't he like bff's with Mark Cuban? lol

HA!  I can't speak for Tim on that, but it is true that they started out together at Mark's company Broadcast.com, then Tim transitioned to CSO at Yahoo! after the company was aquired by Yahoo!  Their roots go deep, that much can be said.
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 05:18:28 AM

Tim's also an incredible author (NYT Bestseller)- our whole team highly recommends checking out his books.  They're all great and worthwhile reads!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: