Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:36:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Divi Project [DIVI] - The First Crypto for Mainstream Adoption  (Read 45772 times)
DiviDude

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 05:08:09 PM

I think the key element Divi is missing right now is the Reddit demographic, with just 17 readers on the sub. I think having some of the developers or team members make accounts and start delivering information through reddit as well, it will show people that you are all real and actually engaged in this project, and not another get-rich-quick scheme. Because I'm sorry but that's what the subreddit screams.

1) The headliner for the sub is super obnoxious: "Crypto. Made. Easy" Yes it was in the video, but with the periods? Really?

2) The sidebar is even worse: "Divi will offer a “One-Click Master Node” system that will accumulate residual income for users. This offers a way for users to accrue passive income that can be monitored easily from all operating systems and mobile smartphone devices."

That's literally it. No information about what Divi IS, or what the mission is. No links to any official pages (website, twitter, telegram, bitcointalk, etc)

Yes it's all in the FAQ but having the current blurb in the sidebar just makes this whole thing look like a complete sham. Even the FAQ itself NEVER talks about what the Divi mission/goal is. Instead, it goes on and on about the token sale, divx vs divi, and masternodes. Sure masternodes are the rage right now, but you have to give people a good reason WHY they would want to support the network. It generates tokens for them, but what is it about Divi that stands out from the hundreds of other shitmastercoins, where people stake coins worth dog shit because it has no actual, practical use-case in the end? Obviously Divi does have more going for it, but NONE of that is apparent on first glance.

When people hear about a new project, many of them check reddit (among others) for information. I didn't want to invest in Divi because the reddit made it seem like a get-rich-quick scam.

I don't mean to come off rude if I did- I would be happy to see Divi do well- just my two cents.

Thanks so much for your feedback. I've gone through and made some changes. Added links to the sidebar... if there's anything else you think we should add please let me know! We only want to make this the best possible project and we're completely open to any and all criticism, especially when it's constructive like yours!

That was quick, and looks much better. It's good to know the team is active!

I took a screenshot of your post and shared it with the entire team immediately.  We're all ears and truly open to input from the community.  Any other suggestions will be seriously considered!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 05:25:10 PM

One of our goals at Divi Project is to help bring more women into the crypto community.  Here's a great article written about Divi Project and our approach to encouraging women to enter the community- https://thenextweb.com/contributors/2017/10/23/what-does-it-take-to-get-women-involved-in-crypto/
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 05:44:01 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 08:47:42 PM by DiviDude

Checked whitepaper, got a question...

Whats the roadmap for this project? What will be available upon end of token sale?

0.44 USD seems a lot for a token on 60-80 mio total token amount if there is no product available upon launch

The smart contract will only create tokens when ETH is deposited (this way there won't be any need to burn tokens). It doesn't mean that all the 60-80M tokens will be created unless the 30M$ cap is reached. You can check the roadmap in the website. They already have stuff made in Github.

Correct!

As far as more of a roadmap is concerned, we're planning to launch our protocol Q2 2018, taking our decentralized marketplace and the Divi currency live at that time.  Between now and then, we're focusing on building our community of merchants, as well as having a successful token sale, so we can plow full steam ahead when the protocol launches.
Yoko 666

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:52:59 PM

It's not so much what has been done, but what can and will be done. There is a very strong developer, backer, and PR team behind DIVI. The power and influence those people have is remarkable.

Anyone can offer a cryptocurrency "to the masses", but can they implement it? The next step is to have trusted sources back the team, further promoting the coin to those who aren't "in" the crypto world yet. The easy to use smartphone app is going to truly help DIVI blow the fuck up. Cloud/VPN based masternodes without a high electrical bill and expensive equipment is seriously such an underrated asset to DIVI.

The fact that I could buy Ethereum on Coinbase, buy DIVI with the ETH, AND set up a masternode on the cloud all while sitting down and taking a shit just blows my mind. People pay for Candycrush, lol. When they know they can invest in real world gains just as easy, he masses will join.

This is some very serious shit that goes way beyond ICO bonuses.

That's my point.. It seems like the team wants this to be much more than just another ICO, but the way they are marketing it makes it look like they only want care about the money.

How are they going to implement it? What phone app? You have to dig in order to find this information, which should be made readily available if the Divi team wants to reach out to the masses. Regular people will read "Masternode? Tiered masternode? WTF is that?"

Right now we are advertising to potential contributors and people who know crypto. We recognize that the average person doesn't even know what ICO means. Once the sale ends our entire focus shifts to the mainstream user. Trust us, we've given this endless thought, haha.

Nice, hopefully you'll cap fast and have lots of time to promo to mainstream before April.  I wanna see this blow up
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 06:12:14 PM

It's not so much what has been done, but what can and will be done. There is a very strong developer, backer, and PR team behind DIVI. The power and influence those people have is remarkable.

Anyone can offer a cryptocurrency "to the masses", but can they implement it? The next step is to have trusted sources back the team, further promoting the coin to those who aren't "in" the crypto world yet. The easy to use smartphone app is going to truly help DIVI blow the fuck up. Cloud/VPN based masternodes without a high electrical bill and expensive equipment is seriously such an underrated asset to DIVI.

The fact that I could buy Ethereum on Coinbase, buy DIVI with the ETH, AND set up a masternode on the cloud all while sitting down and taking a shit just blows my mind. People pay for Candycrush, lol. When they know they can invest in real world gains just as easy, he masses will join.

That's my point.. It seems like the team wants this to be much more than just another ICO, but the way they are marketing it makes it look like they only want care about the money.

How are they going to implement it? What phone app? You have to dig in order to find this information, which should be made readily available if the Divi team wants to reach out to the masses. Regular people will read "Masternode? Tiered masternode? WTF is that?"

Right now we are advertising to potential contributors and people who know crypto. We recognize that the average person doesn't even know what ICO means. Once the sale ends our entire focus shifts to the mainstream user. Trust us, we've given this endless thought, haha.

Nice, hopefully you'll cap fast and have lots of time to promo to mainstream before April.  I wanna see this blow up

If you're interested in joining our Divi Minions team and learning more about how you can help build the Divi community, please reach out to us on Telegram or Slack and we'll get you all set up!

Details about the Divi Minions here-https://youtu.be/VxYCtc0VhX0
Yoko 666

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:52:19 PM

Right on, I'll check it out
onlytemporary

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

I am the original miningteam23

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 07:14:15 PM

I'm willing to give the dev team all the trust that they know what they are doing Wink

I have registered for the mailing list. Looking forard to receiving further details about the development of the coin, as well as the upcoming airdrop.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 07:38:16 PM

Good luck dev IAM in

Thanks for the support!  Please join us on Telegram if you're interested in joining our Divi Minion team and don't forget to sign up on our email list!
AlloM

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:42:21 PM

While Bitcoin is on fire than is point to invest into ICO even there is working product at the moment. You have any plan to launch beta version before go for this crowdsale?
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 07:47:49 PM

While Bitcoin is on fire than is point to invest into ICO even there is working product at the moment. You have any plan to launch beta version before go for this crowdsale?

I'd recommend taking a look at our Github to keep updated on what we have built- https://github.com/Divicoin

We'll also have our forum live shortly, which will play a large role in the Divi community.
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 08:23:41 PM

another masternodes coin with fair interest,
i hope can get this coin during this ICO

"Do, or do not. There is no try."

Join the mailing list, or just be ready. The link to see when the Ether block will hit is posed. Buy your Ether, have your wallet set up, and get yourself ready.

We love the enthusiasm!  Let us know if you'd like to join the Divi Minion team!
99darwin

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:33:00 PM

Whats the roadmap for this project? What will be available upon end of token sale?

0.44 USD seems a lot for a token on 60-80 mio total token amount if there is no product available upon launch

Full roadmap at diviproject.org. Q2 2018 for full launch. We will have a demo video out this week showing the MOCCI system Smiley
Yoko 666

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:35:03 PM

Full roadmap at diviproject.org. Q2 2018 for full launch. We will have a demo video out this week showing the MOCCI system Smiley

Dope, I've been wondering how that'll work
franc0

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:38:44 PM

Divi to the moon Smiley

DASH and PIVX will have competition now

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 09:52:38 PM

For all our Portuguese speaking fans- https://portaldobitcoin.com/divi-project-criptomoedas-de-uma-maneira-facil/
ICObets

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:05:52 PM

Join the mailing list, or just be ready. The link to see when the Ether block will hit is posed. Buy your Ether, have your wallet set up, and get yourself ready.

We love the enthusiasm!  Let us know if you'd like to join the Divi Minion team!
Yah how do we join the Divi Minion team? What do we have to do? Is there a minion cap?
panda2627

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:15:44 PM

I saw the new article on the next web.
Good to see women being involved, too.
c0ax

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:20:24 PM

I saw the new article on the next web.
Good to see women being involved, too.

We do need more women in this space that's for sure.  I think what the team is trying to do with this project, by making crypto more accessible it will attract women.
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 10:26:17 PM

Yah how do we join the Divi Minion team? What do we have to do? Is there a minion cap?

Join our Telegram chat and we can get you all set up- https://t.me/joinchat/EAdiTQ3yZk_GkqU0IdG-Gg

We're excited to see so much support!
panda2627

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:01:21 PM

Definitely joining telegram!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: