Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:16:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Divi Project [DIVI] - The First Crypto for Mainstream Adoption  (Read 45772 times)
tomasujo

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:19:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hblhPO0k6lo

look at that beauty of wallet.

Wow, that is cool... will divi allow masternodes on a smartphone?

Great question, I'd also like to know more about that

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NIXmx

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:22:10 AM

From what I read, the masternodes will be cloud based. Maybe a local server if set up?
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 05:06:08 AM

A lot of selling going on here. Namedropping, press releases all over web, hyping on social media etc..
But Tim Sanders is silent about it, seems like he is just writing and giving speeches as usual.

Smells fishy...

What was that? 😉

https://twitter.com/sanderssays/status/924063400228880384

Tim's been an amazing asset for Divi Project as we've prepared to launch, offering invaluable advice and insight into nearly every aspect of our company.  We're thrilled to have him on our advisory board!
franc0

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:10:31 AM

Yes, it will start with supernodes in regular computers/raspberries/cloud but in the future is planned to run supernodes on smart phones. 

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
NIXmx

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:24:07 AM

Yes, it will start with supernodes in regular computers/raspberries/cloud but in the future is planned to run supernodes on smart phones. 

I definitely need to learn how to use a Pi now.
Yoko 666

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:27:09 PM

I love my RaspPi... got a couple microSD cards so I can run it as a RetroPie or use it to code and work on projects.  If I can host a masternode from a Pi setup, I'll def be getting another one just for my masternode.
NIXmx

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:33:58 PM

I love my RaspPi... got a couple microSD cards so I can run it as a RetroPie or use it to code and work on projects.  If I can host a masternode from a Pi setup, I'll def be getting another one just for my masternode.

Is it difficult to setup a masternode on one? I have a bit of experience with Ubuntu, didn't get the full hang of controlling things through the terminal.
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 06:20:50 PM

I love my RaspPi... got a couple microSD cards so I can run it as a RetroPie or use it to code and work on projects.  If I can host a masternode from a Pi setup, I'll def be getting another one just for my masternode.

Is it difficult to setup a masternode on one? I have a bit of experience with Ubuntu, didn't get the full hang of controlling things through the terminal.

Not sure, haven't looked into what it takes but Divi's planning on having a 1 click setup, right?

At this point, we can't speak to specific details regarding hosting masternodes on RasperberryPi's computers, but it is in the works.

With that in mind, are there any specific reasons a RasperberryPi or setup similar would interest you for hosting a masternode?  We're trying to get as much input on this as possible so we can create the best platform for everyone.
c0ax

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:07:23 PM

I love my RaspPi... got a couple microSD cards so I can run it as a RetroPie or use it to code and work on projects.  If I can host a masternode from a Pi setup, I'll def be getting another one just for my masternode.

Not sure, haven't looked into what it takes but Divi's planning on having a 1 click setup, right?

At this point, we can't speak to specific details regarding hosting masternodes on RasperberryPi's computers, but it is in the works.

With that in mind, are there any specific reasons a RasperberryPi or setup similar would interest you for hosting a masternode?  We're trying to get as much input on this as possible so we can create the best platform for everyone.

Will we need a static IP to run a masternode?
DiviDude

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 07:12:12 PM

Will we need a static IP to run a masternode?

As of now, as static IP is required, but we're working on changing that.
Yoko 666

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:20:59 PM

Word I'll keep an eye out for an update on that.  It would be the cheapest way for me to set up a computer to run a masternode... cost like $50 total for the board and accessories
franc0

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:17:11 PM

The main advantage of a rasp berry pi Vs a computer is that the rasp berry electricity consumption is very low.

And it is much cheaper to maintain than a cloud service. 

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
c0ax

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:31:15 PM

The main advantage of a rasp berry pi Vs a computer is that the rasp berry electricity consumption is very low.

I've never used a Pi before, are they difficult to setup?
panda2627

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:13:21 PM

They aren't generally. In my exp they are pretty user friendly, and there are great tutorials online Smiley
jonatlobo

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:50:52 AM

How is the ico going? I hope you are doing great, you are such an amazing team.

With that in mind, are there any specific reasons a RasperberryPi or setup similar would interest you for hosting a masternode?  We're trying to get as much input on this as possible so we can create the best platform for everyone.

They aren't generally. In my exp they are pretty user friendly, and there are great tutorials online Smiley

oh wow that's interesting because RB are really cheap.!
panda2627

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:44:47 AM

How is the ico going? I hope you are doing great, you are such an amazing team.

With that in mind, are there any specific reasons a RasperberryPi or setup similar would interest you for hosting a masternode?  We're trying to get as much input on this as possible so we can create the best platform for everyone.

oh wow that's interesting because RB are really cheap.!

Yup!
frogish

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:40:55 PM

Hi to everyone and welcome to one of the most transparent projects in the crazy fast passing wonderland of the crypto sppace.

I personally got involved with divi roughly a week ago. My experience so far has been that they answer ever question from the community with the utmost respect, dignity and transparency. Joining their telegram that has a great active community and with minions ready to help with any problems you might have. It was a welcoming feeling right from the start. Like sunday dinner at grandmas house , and this time she decided not to drink Grin The team are working their asses of to to get the project rolling in lightning speed. Their staking models are among or the best i have ever seen . High staking rewards with a tier system for the master nodes. And they dont stop there, they also offer lottery blocks that could be life changing money for someone running a node. Im more then sure that i will make some serious change on this one and I want all of you guys to join and share the end prize.

So to everyone that havent taken a look at this and are missing out. To you I say read the wp join us in telegram and hugs are free !
tomasujo

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:04:50 AM

Hi to everyone and welcome to one of the most transparent projects in the crazy fast passing wonderland of the crypto sppace.

I personally got involved with divi roughly a week ago. My experience so far has been that they answer ever question from the community with the utmost respect, dignity and transparency. Joining their telegram that has a great active community and with minions ready to help with any problems you might have. It was a welcoming feeling right from the start. Like sunday dinner at grandmas house , and this time she decided not to drink Grin The team are working their asses of to to get the project rolling in lightning speed. Their staking models are among or the best i have ever seen . High staking rewards with a tier system for the master nodes. And they dont stop there, they also offer lottery blocks that could be life changing money for someone running a node. Im more then sure that i will make some serious change on this one and I want all of you guys to join and share the end prize.

So to everyone that havent taken a look at this and are missing out. To you I say read the wp join us in telegram and hugs are free !

You're funny, and such true words. This is family! We're all flooded with projects which are great at selling and making their wheel spin, and powerful guys dumping money around with nothing but a big $roi$ in their minds. Divi is a community with a mission, and that is real. The idea is real, the problems and the solutions are real (and huge!). On top of that, yes a great opportunity to make money which is great and a big reason to be here.

But seeing a team committed as they are to something greater in so many aspects, and with the experience and a clear path to make it happen... you've got to stop and listen.

Go Divi!!! The red pill we should all take
NIXmx

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:27:19 AM

I'm SUPER excited about the masternode I'll have!

DIVI
panda2627

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:44:06 AM

Damn...
just found in huffpo!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/59f7f4bfe4b0e4c2eab1c370
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: