Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:23:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are so many people against bitcoin?  (Read 19286 times)
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:04:41 PM

Undoubtedly,bitcoin is a significantly revolutionising currency and there is nothing about feeling hatered with it.
Some people may be unaware of its privileges, or getting jealous over success of its traders, that's why they seem to feel against bitcoin.
Looking forward, they will surely change their mind when all nations mark this as legal currency.
It seems that just for a while crypto currency introduce in the business community but still there are people don't really understand or have some misconception about BTC because talking about money as we all know that it is very much susceptible to scam or some criminal attack, that is if they don't really understand some of the security features for sure they are against with these.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2144

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:06:02 PM

I'm trying to understand why are so many people against bitcoin?  is it the innovation that scares them? the feeling of staying behind? the fact that that money will go to the wrong hands?

There's basically two types of Bitcoin haters. The first type is the people who don't understand it and since Bitcoin is growing quickly, they reach conclusion that it must be a ponzi scheme, so in their mind they are doing a good thing by trying to warn others. This is your typical commenters on social media, journalists, economists and experts. The second type is the people who understand it and don't like its decentralized design - they see it as competitor to governments and banks, and in their mind people should be controlled by those organizations for some reason. This is your typical bankers, governments officials and their apologists.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Okuman

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:12:15 PM

In Bitcoin, the conventional common sense does not work for non-centralization.
As Bitcoin cannot control a country, it is objected.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:14:06 PM

I'm trying to understand why are so many people against bitcoin?  is it the innovation that scares them? the feeling of staying behind? the fact that that money will go to the wrong hands?

I don't think that they are against bitcoin but maybe they are just making themself busy for another way of earnings. They are just ignoring this opportunity but doesnt meant that they are against crypto currencies.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:27:35 PM

yes, this is like my attitude at the beginning before believing bitcoin ,, i try to fight bitcoin by giving confidence in me that nothing can make money except with real work ,, and no word digital money, that's bullshit,
but my assertion was overwhelmed by the real evidence my friend was successful with bitcoin ,, and already, in the end I was not able to do anything else except I was now in a row with bitcoin.
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:32:02 PM

All of it plus other things. First of all, they hate it when the they realized that the next generation is a better one and they are not part of it. They got insecure when new things make life easier because they experience it hard. They hate bitcoins because  it is easy-money-baby. So they always talk bad about bitcoins because they hate us.
Rebellious

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:33:20 PM

The thing that I hear the most against Bitcoin is: "It is not regulated, and it's used for criminal activities"
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 12:35:00 PM

I've only seen three types of people. One is who totally doesn't know anything about it and is not even interested in it.
And the other is the one who thinks it's used in crimes/scams/black stuff and it's unsafe and he should stay from it.

Against bitcoin ? Nope.
The third type is the ignorant who is just lazy to try something new and has thinks it's a toy or whatever in that matter.
Other than that are normal young people of the same age and way of thinking who get interested in it once they hear its price and that it has potential (they just think of it as an investment).

But if we talk about governments and men in power, it's still unclear. They really haven't given a clear statement of approval or denial against crypto currencies. (TV talkative idiots are not counted). My guess is they are either investigating if it's good or bad for their financial status or they are actually involved in crypto and making hell a lot of money out of it but can't say.

We can't do anything except wait and see what the days will prove.
PMmesexycoins

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:36:21 PM

Here goes some reasons why they could be against it:

Most of what there will ever be is already in few people's hands. Late comers just increase the power of the earlier adopters.

Relatively high fees for small transactions.

More likely for people stealing it to get away with it.

High and rapidly growing energy consumption.

Without an authority regulating it, it means there could be clones offering the exact same. In the event that alternatives aren't technically inferior, why adopt one or the other isn't clear.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:36:51 PM

I think there is many reasons. Basically there is so many ignorant people spread rumors and fake stories about Bitcoin and even don't know what is it. This people convince usually their relatives to avoid using or trading Bitcoin.
There is also some haters, which trade or deal with altcoins, or just want to bump their shitcoins by acquising BTC
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:37:37 PM

This morning one of my co-bitcoin user told me that his wife is asking and discouraging her about what she is doing online and that is bitcoin. His wife said that he is just wasting their load on the internet and doing wrong thing such as believing that we can earn money to it. She want proofs. She wants to see the money. I guess she does not believe in bitcoin like we do because she does not understand bitcoin because she do not belong to our world. Besides it is online, in online there are lots of scam so it is in her mind I guess or maybe she knows that bitcoin is not yet legal in our country

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 12:37:45 PM

The innovation that is the block chain technology that scares them yeah. The price also scares people in such a way that they think somehow someday some where bitcoin will scam all the people who use bitcoin.

lucifochrome

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:44:17 PM

Some if not most of these people are, One, scared of the unknown. As we all know the unknown gets the best of all or some of us but it is just a matter of knowing what it trully is. Second, these people might have learned bitcoin from the wrong people. People who have wrong information spread the same information so one by one every person that had encounter with these people tend to know nothing good about bitcoin so they will be against it. Some of these people are the ones saying that it is a scam when it really is not. Third is that some people tend to cling on the past they just dont want to let go. They still use the traditional currency and so they dont pay attention to bitcoin.
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:50:03 PM

most people who do not like bitcoin are because they do not understand with technology. but I think the only government that wants to fight bitcoin. because the government can not control bitcoin. bitcoin is freedom
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:50:54 PM

People are bound to get scared on things that they know nothing of so I'm pretty sure that those 'many people' you're talking about know next to nothing about bitcoin and the potential it has. Like how some of my friends shun it before but likes it eventually after I have explained it quite enough.
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 12:56:41 PM

i think its because they don't know bitcoin and they don't want to learn bitcoin like we do and they rejected the new technology from anything. they already like with the traditional way to make money and they don't want to try to make money from internet and i see many people like this. but once they learned and they can earn money even for small money, they will gets motivate to try to earn more bigger so this will make them to learn more about making money in internet especially with bitcoin.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:59:34 PM

Hi! Well, I believe the main reason why there are too many people against Bitcoin is that it is an intangible investment that is unregulated which involves a good sum of money. It is a commodity or property that you cannot entirely take control of because you have no security that is backed up by governments. It is a risk that you alone took without the benefits of government's intervention should there be any fraudulent acts imputed against you.
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:00:32 PM

Most of them are banksters. Look at JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon. They are against with this technology because their business is threatened by bitcoin. That's why they spread FUDs to scare people. The bad thing is, media is sensationalizing it.  But the result is different. The more they criticize and throwing accusations against bitcoin.. The more bitcoin gain sympathy from people. People buy their drama before. I think people now are more aware about their style.

Some people are victim of scamming. They blame bitcoin from being scammed. Well, can't blame them why they feel bad at bitcoin. Also governments are against bitcoin because they can't regulte bitcoin. That's understandable though. They are just protecting us. Bitcoin has bright and dark side. But they are just addressing bad stuffs about bitcoin not the benefits of having this technology.
darefreads

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:10:41 PM

As i see to my friend that against bitcoin I think they just don't know how bitcoin make way in the future. Like me before i really don't understand how to earn and invest here. and if bitcoin is not better to handle a money, because it is not cash or a bank account that they have like me. i can't judge them as a user
ashfer

Activity: 353

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:10:57 PM

As per my view i don't feel like anyone is against bitcoins.Maybe they might not have much knowledge about it or they may be scared that if more people come to learn about bitcoins they won't be able to buy them as the price is going higher and there is not much bitcoins created to provide for everyone in this world.i have come to know that few companies have restricted their employees from using bitcoins or working with as they also have invested in bitcoins and they don't want their employees to do so as there are chance for the value of the company to go down and people might start quitting their jobs and will work only with bitcoin forums in their own comfort.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: