Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:09:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530484 times)
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

:)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 06:40:50 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 06:57:48 PM by meeh

Do you want to use it only via TOR?

1. Install TOR https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en

2. Put this in your config file (anoncoin.conf):
onlynet=tor
tor=127.0.0.1:9050
addnode=m6xwmit3jovw34r2.onion
addnode=aqmdzilaqayzjb6o.onion
addnode=sf2px26xdsqphkef.onion
addnode=wwniwxrykmk2wtcw.onion

On windows, simply type "%appdata%" in Run, then navigate into Anoncoin folder and create the file if it does not exist.
MARK: create it with notepad and select all files (in save dialog), and make sure it don't add a trailing .txt so the file will be named anoncoin.conf.txt

On linux (Terminal):
cd .anoncoin
touch anoncoin.conf
open anoncoin.conf

We will add more TOR nodes in short time.

From my local node:

./anoncoind getpeerinfo
[
    {
        "addr" : "m6xwmit3jovw34r2.onion:9377",
        "services" : "00000001",
        "lastsend" : 1370630570,
        "lastrecv" : 1370630572,
        "conntime" : 1370630259,
        "version" : 70001,
        "subver" : "/Anonymous:0.7.0/",
        "inbound" : false,
        "releasetime" : 0,
        "startingheight" : 10840,
        "banscore" : 0
    },
    {
        "addr" : "aqmdzilaqayzjb6o.onion:9377",
        "lastsend" : 1370630267,
        "lastrecv" : 1370630571,
        "conntime" : 1370630264,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "sf2px26xdsqphkef.onion:9377",
        "lastsend" : 1370630368,
        "lastrecv" : 1370630570,
        "conntime" : 1370630266,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "wwniwxrykmk2wtcw.onion:9377",
        "lastsend" : 1370630526,
        "lastrecv" : 1370630570,
        "conntime" : 1370630268,
    }
]

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

The coin should have been released in the start of May when the project started, not now after 2000 alt coins..
So here you say that it was planned to be ready more than a month ago
Yet you still don't have anything ready one month after that

Did I say it was planned to be ready more than a month ago? Maybe it's mine or your english, but clearly that was not what I said. I said the project started. Started as in the idea came up, we were discussing it and looking on what could be improved etc. NOT as a finished project.
So "should have been released" != "was planned to be ready"? Can a native confirm et tell me the difference?

The reason the coin couldn't wait with release before the darknet features is because of services like you provide..
And here you say that you can't wait for anything to be ready because there are too many new coins

Doesn't make much sense

Yes, as you see, it flows over with coins.. The development process should have been done faster, I agree with you on that part. Used too long time discussing specs and features and what goals which is possible and not. And with all this new coins comming up, it was now or never. If you don't like the coin, don't use it. Simple solution.
"it was now or never"? Let's reformulate: "it was when there are thousands of coins or never".
It's a non-sense. You should have waited for the altcoins hype to stop.
And moreover you should have released a coin with actual improvements, not just improvement promises.
Tell me what improvement does your coin have right now.
A coin without actual improvement won't go anywhere. Period.

Also if you can't stand with free market, you should create a bank and start corrupting politics
That's the congress and the people with "protection and free marked overview" behind the central banks job, not mine.
What the hell are talking about?
Bitcoin is open-source, you copied Bitcoin just like everybody else so yeah there are plenty of other people who did what you're doing and who will continue to do it in the future.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 06:53:50 PM

The coin should have been released in the start of May when the project started, not now after 2000 alt coins..
So here you say that it was planned to be ready more than a month ago
Yet you still don't have anything ready one month after that

Did I say it was planned to be ready more than a month ago? Maybe it's mine or your english, but clearly that was not what I said. I said the project started. Started as in the idea came up, we were discussing it and looking on what could be improved etc. NOT as a finished project.
So "should have been released" != "was planned to be ready"? Can a native confirm et tell me the difference?

Yes, we wasted time in short words.

The reason the coin couldn't wait with release before the darknet features is because of services like you provide..
And here you say that you can't wait for anything to be ready because there are too many new coins

Doesn't make much sense

Yes, as you see, it flows over with coins.. The development process should have been done faster, I agree with you on that part. Used too long time discussing specs and features and what goals which is possible and not. And with all this new coins comming up, it was now or never. If you don't like the coin, don't use it. Simple solution.
"it was now or never"? Let's reformulate: "it was when there are thousands of coins or never".
It's a non-sense. You should have waited for the altcoins hype to stop.
And moreover you should have released a coin with actual improvements, not just improvement promises.
Tell me what improvement does your coin have right now.
A coin without actual improvement won't go anywhere. Period.

I don't think the hype will stop unfortunately while retards create altcoins for people in exchange for other coins.

Look at the post above, TOR nodes including a guide on howto enable only TOR..

Also if you can't stand with free market, you should create a bank and start corrupting politics
That's the congress and the people with "protection and free marked overview" behind the central banks job, not mine.
What the hell are talking about?
Bitcoin is open-source, you copied Bitcoin just like everybody else so yeah there are plenty of other people who did what you're doing and who will continue to do it in the future.

I missread you, sorry. I thought the opposite. But where did I say I can't stand a free marked? And there you say it yourself, the altcoin hype will continue unfortunately...

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:06:37 PM

onlynet Tor already exists in Bitcoin

Again, tell me what improvement does your coin currently have.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 07:09:02 PM

onlynet Tor already exists in Bitcoin

Again, tell me what improvement does your coin currently have.

Do you read what I write?

I qoute myself: "Yes, we wasted time in short words."

Meaning none.

We got TOR nodes. Among those last 500 coins, it's something. It's a NETWORK improvement, not a CLIENT improvement. And you will see client improvements in short time.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:25:13 PM

Meaning none.
Ok that's what I thought

And so you think that the coin will be a better success than if you had waited a "short time" before releasing it to code the "client improvements"?

m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 07:36:43 PM

Believing the Central banks won't try to stop coins, is naive..

Just so you know, "naive" is feminine, "naif" is masculine.
Not sure about the "Central banks"' determination regarding women. I'll get back to you on that.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 07:39:44 PM

Meaning none.
Ok that's what I thought

And so you think that the coin will be a better success than if you had waited a "short time" before releasing it to code the "client improvements"?

With the altcoin hype yes. The improvements have already started in the native_i2p branch.

What is it you want? Because now you're starting to get personal. It's not about the coin anymore, it's direct questions to me. Do you got a altcoin that you feel threaten about? Or are you just a person that has nothing better to do than flame other people on forums?

Anyway, this is here this discussion ends. You're so unserious that you start attacking me as a person, and not flaming the coin as usual trolls do. You're worse, so I won't go down to your level and discuss with you. I'll code instead.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:59:53 PM

Meaning none.
Ok that's what I thought

With the altcoin hype yes. The improvements have already started in the native_i2p branch.

What is it you want? Because now you're starting to get personal. It's not about the coin anymore, it's direct questions to me. Do you got a altcoin that you feel threaten about? Or are you just a person that has nothing better to do than flame other people on forums?

Anyway, this is here this discussion ends. You're so unserious that you start attacking me as a person, and not flaming the coin as usual trolls do. You're worse, so I won't go down to your level and discuss with you. I'll code instead.
It is the coin that has no improvements, not you. I don't care about you, I'm judging the coin. And this coin, as you admitted, has currently zero improvements.
If you want your coin to succeed stop lurking on the forum, turn your ego off and code.

I supported Namecoin for obvious reasons, i0coin, Devcoin, and more recently Fastcoin because it was a way to see how fucked up can become the blockchain with tiny block time, Quantumcoin because it tested a whole new retarget system, PPcoin, Noirbits, etc.
So what now? Will you say that I have shitloads of them? It's wrong, I only have plenty of DVC, a tiny bit of NMC and nothing more.

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 09:16:55 PM

It is the coin that has no improvements, not you. I don't care about you, I'm judging the coin. And this coin, as you admitted, has currently zero improvements.

I quote you "And so you think that the coin will be a better success than if you had waited a "short time" before releasing it to code the "client improvements"?"

Is that a technical coin related question, or a personal question?

If you want your coin to succeed stop lurking on the forum, turn your ego off and code.

lol ego... Look who is talking. If you know a bit psychology you would know that in this situation it's you that got the biggest ego since you feel the need to flame other. I only answer your questions.

I supported Namecoin for obvious reasons, i0coin, Devcoin, and more recently Fastcoin because it was a way to see how fucked up can become the blockchain with tiny block time, Quantumcoin because it tested a whole new retarget system, PPcoin, Noirbits, etc.
So what now? Will you say that I have shitloads of them? It's wrong, I only have plenty of DVC, a tiny bit of NMC and nothing more.

No. The only thing you are up to is to make this coin look bad, so good for you, continue on that. Be proud! I got coding todo, not arguing with you.

SpaceCadet

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Just mining my own business...

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:51:37 PM

All things being equal, I find the direct support for I2P and TOR to be an interesting part of this project that may well keep it on the radar long after the latest Coin-of-the-Day fades away.  After all, whether you agree with their actions or not, those that operate on the darknet are probably the biggest proponents for cryptocurrencies.  If one happens to meet their needs more than the other's, then it will always manage to hang on (mostly because they'll be using it more). 

It may very well be the case that bitcoin fully meets the need as is, but with all of the heat generated after Liberty Reserve when down, there may be interest in an alternative alternative currency.  This may be the one to watch...
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:31:45 PM

I quote you "And so you think that the coin will be a better success than if you had waited a "short time" before releasing it to code the "client improvements"?"

Is that a technical coin related question, or a personal question?

It is a personal question about your feeling. It's still unanswered by the way.

lol ego... Look who is talking. If you know a bit psychology you would know that in this situation it's you that got the biggest ego since you feel the need to flame other. I only answer your questions.
Not all of them as far as I can see.

No. The only thing you are up to is to make this coin look bad, so good for you, continue on that. Be proud! I got coding todo, not arguing with you.

Again, I don't care about that specific coin. It's currently bad because no improvements. Period.
As you now said twice, stop arguing and code for your coin. Maybe then it can be worth anything.

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 11:29:42 PM

... Also, the name isn't just because of the upcomming features. ...

How about you come back when said feature are implemented ?

This is currently no different than running a bitcoin node behind TOR.
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 04:20:20 PM

... Also, the name isn't just because of the upcomming features. ...

How about you come back when said feature are implemented ?

This is currently no different than running a bitcoin node behind TOR.

The feature is here now. Currently working on adding nodes on I2P. We had a node sync without problems over I2P.

Check out the first peer.

I'll update this post soon.

./anoncoind-i2p getpeerinfo
[
    {
        "addr" : "[Ii6BoKPDJUk9MKfhOhrUH-TfOHzlAIapcQpcI-~EDdDh1suhKh8fnZrFGXprblxTCa5oIWofNXfj6RqY2wrCMbgcBfeRN642T4nJE8J2xrcqk63t9qXbL5Gj5ujuYYKB3e3hjHozgOUzJNFgcmxRNMqAoBWNWepLG1v2HmO1GWXywXCV2kEG~sdn9NgRM9gjiyWtPZR8b-tIwCYQtauuz9IwaMeAQGv5xlTtXArDYxwno0T7rye4sR6Ko6qypsTZ1fxF710Wg2aZqci7VLW7onYuXj~3iWieZDIUFq~FxV3reLroKQtpcFDMkGuAlkeEkMtF-x7hrhEbWMfXJTfRa323t3qM47fAPr5MXsS2re610lBSr4pTuMyccUqnvTuu1uXkeaWIW4ngNbH96I4PUUKZu-ndbbR8VTg3gk1xoq4umRgomgxCvhv93XmJibFkwDLa5UJniqlElxi4yStyxRQSgHc039zXudKL2ioFp0XTNQ16NgfLjS7eAFBtiRxUAAAA]:0",
        "services" : "00000081",
        "lastsend" : 1370794648,
        "lastrecv" : 1370794648,
        "conntime" : 1370794642,
        "inbound" : true,
        "startingheight" : 11538,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "XX.XX.XX.XX:9377",
        "lastsend" : 1370794658,
        "lastrecv" : 1370794661,
        "conntime" : 1370794658,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "XX.XX.XX.XX:9377",
        "lastsend" : 1370794666,
        "lastrecv" : 1370794668,
        "conntime" : 1370794665,
    }
]

BroTroxer

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:41:03 PM

A simple lottery service for ANC will be published soon. This lottery will be available from the Darknets i2p/TOR, as well as clearnet.

The first 10 draws will have at least 25 additional ANC's added to the prize pool.

Using any "i2p only" services will require a separate Client Build. If you are planning on using i2p please download the new build when it becomes available. We hope to see more nodes on i2p in the coming weeks!
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 09:52:48 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 10:04:53 PM by meeh

Ok, here we go.

Windows daemon build (With native I2P support): http://anoncoin.net/downloads/anoncoin-i2p-daemon-win32.zip
Source: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/tree/native_i2p

Windows QT (Graphical) build will be released within the next days.

To use the daemon on I2P ONLY do the following:

1. Download and install I2P, then start it. (It will run as a daemon, so don't expect any window)
2. Wait a minute or two, then navigate to http://127.0.0.1:7657/configclients
3. Make sure to start the "SAM application bridge" (Tip: After starting it, check it for autostart and save configuration)
4. In run (enter the start menu and type run on windows Vista/7) type %appdata%
5. Open or create the Anoncoin folder
6. Create/edit the anoncoin.conf file
7. make sure to set the following options: rpcuser, rpcpassword and onlynet=native_i2p

Example:
rpcuser=someone
rpcpassword=super_secret_password
onlynet=native_i2p

Note: The I2P router uses a little time to integrate into the I2P network, so you might not get a connection before I2P have runned for about 5-10minutes.

Screendump:

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:19:27 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 10:51:21 PM by jackjack

Ok, here we go.

Windows daemon build (With native I2P support): http://anoncoin.net/downloads/anoncoin-i2p-daemon-win32.zip
Source: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/tree/native_i2p

Windows QT (Graphical) build will be released within the next days.

To use the daemon on I2P ONLY do the following:

1. Download and install I2P, then start it. (It will run as a daemon, so don't expect any window)
2. Wait a minute or two, then navigate to http://127.0.0.1:7657/configclients
3. Make sure to start the "SAM application bridge" (Tip: After starting it, check it for autostart and save configuration)
4. In run (enter the start menu and type run on windows Vista/7) type %appdata%
5. Open or create the Anoncoin folder
6. Create/edit the anoncoin.conf file
7. make sure to set the following options: rpcuser, rpcpassword and onlynet=native_i2p

Example:
rpcuser=someone
rpcpassword=super_secret_password
onlynet=native_i2p

Note: The I2P router uses a little time to integrate into the I2P network, so you might not get a connection before I2P have runned for about 5-10minutes.

Screendump:

Great stuff
Is the I2P code from you? (has it been reviewed?)

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 10:32:22 PM

Great stuff

The code is a implementation from giv's patch on Bitcoin. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151181.0

Much of the code is a direct fork, but some had to be customized to suit this client. Also the original patch had some stuff that we did not want it the Anoncoin source.

Many thanks to giv contribution on the Bitcoin patch.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:44:08 PM

Great stuff

The code is a implementation from giv's patch on Bitcoin. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151181.0

Much of the code is a direct fork copy, but some had to be customized to suit this client. Also the original patch had some stuff that we did not want it the Anoncoin source.

Oh lord, lol
FTFY

For example
Anoncoin: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/dc0062218107d6515c8e588317a17c35040e96b3
Giv's work: https://github.com/VirtualDestructor/bitcoin-qt-i2p/blob/master/bitcoin-qt/src/init.cpp and https://github.com/VirtualDestructor/bitcoin-qt-i2p/blob/master/bitcoin-qt/src/main.cpp

Did you at least planned to thank him if I haven't asked?
Do you plan to add his name in the file headers? Because, yes, he put his copyright on them.

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 10:56:35 PM

Great stuff

Much of the code is a direct fork copy, but some had to be customized to suit this client. Also the original patch had some stuff that we did not want it the Anoncoin source.

Oh lord, lol
FTFY

For example
Anoncoin: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/dc0062218107d6515c8e588317a17c35040e96b3
Giv's work: https://github.com/VirtualDestructor/bitcoin-qt-i2p/blob/master/bitcoin-qt/src/init.cpp and https://github.com/VirtualDestructor/bitcoin-qt-i2p/blob/master/bitcoin-qt/src/main.cpp

Did you at least planned to thank him if I haven't asked?
Do you plan to add his name in the file headers? Because, yes, he put his copyright on them.

I say forked because yes, much of the code is copied but it had to be modified to work with this client and we didn't want all of the code. If you think it's a easy job as in just copying the files to the source folder and compile, please try.. let me know when you get it working!

Yes of course I would have thanked him. And of course it's no way to prove it so it will always be a word-against-word between us. He's name will be in the about dialog in the graphical client.

So what's next now, you're gonna continue yelling about this coin beeing idiotic since it has a unique feature that comes from a patch for the original bitcoin client? You require features to be written from scratch? Note that the patch is not in the bitcoin main trunk.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: