Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:32:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
Arlic

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:13:07 PM

Article about ANC and Zerocoin implementation at CryptocoinsNews.com. http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/anoncoin-release-zerocoin-implementation-testnet-this-week/2014/04/07

It's a strange article that is more about the relationship of Bitcoin to altcoins, which Torpey, the author, says are merely experiments of features that might eventually make it into Bitcoin.
Would someone more competent than I am like to respond? I think Torpey is wrong about whether Bitcoin will eventually add in the functionality experiments of altcoins, particularly the Zerocoin implementation of ANC. ANC will have its own user base and will be, I think, a necessary alternative to Bitcoin, since the Bitcoin core developers don't seem to be very interested in thinking beyond the single application: a streamlined currency with mass adoption.
You can send a tip to the website(Mail is at right of the website), as i did with unexcepted result...(Anyway they're reading e-mails most of time).
There is not a problem that no one wants to see anoncoin, the problem is that no one knows about anoncoin, therefore we should spread the information about anonoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lunokhod2

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:36:14 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 04:55:24 PM by lunokhod2

I believe exposure to the coin will be exponential when ZC is officially implemented. BUT if there are no efforts from the devs and loyals to promote this breakthrough implementation, a "popular" coin will simply copy the implementation and take the glory for its own.
Technical innovation is mandatory for success but with no media coverage it will be copied by som1 else and anc will miss it's chance to glory.
Before getting the implementation and code online for the public, a campaign should be organized to promote this upgrade.

I agree. There should be set up some bounties and a fundraising for marketing. The coin is 10 months old and don't even have a logo.  Smiley

Most coins is just marketing and hype without any technical innovation or purpose other then make some btc for devs/early adopters. Anoncoin is the exact oposite.

Anyone with some ideas?

I agree, but those interested in the growth and health of the Anoncoin must invest personally.
Everyone is free to start a new project related to Anoncoin. Everyone is free to invest his time, knowledge or money in that currency, you do not need any permission to act!
I think the long-term success of a crypto-currency is its acceptance by merchants and the quantity/quality of services that are created around.

I wholeheartedly agree. Nevertheless, the developers share a small responsibility in getting things started, as not all can be done by third parties. I am sure that they are all very busy in real life, so the first step would be to delegate this authority by naming about three people to work on PR/Web issues. (JackofAll appears to be MIA; in any case more than one person is needed).

A three person PR/Web team could easily oversee a variety of projects, including:

1. Updating the web page to describe the characteristics (and history) of the coin, including a brief description of the I2P and Zerocoin implementations.

2. Moving the official chat forum to anoncoin.net.

3. Setting up a donation fund for the development of a promotional video.

4. Setting up donation funds for completion of the “in planning/development” tasks listed on the web site.

5. Organization of some form of competition (perhaps with a reward) for a new coin logo.

6. Setting up an “Anoncoin monthly update”, similar to the weekly updates that are posted on the PPC forum.

7. Publicizing the faucet, so that more will donate to it, allowing newbies to experiment with zerocoin transactions.

8. Translation of the website into Chinese (and other languages), perhaps by way of a donation fund.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:05:05 PM

Great post lunokhod2.  Smiley
BlurrCrystal

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:27:13 PM

I believe exposure to the coin will be exponential when ZC is officially implemented. BUT if there are no efforts from the devs and loyals to promote this breakthrough implementation, a "popular" coin will simply copy the implementation and take the glory for its own.
Technical innovation is mandatory for success but with no media coverage it will be copied by som1 else and anc will miss it's chance to glory.
Before getting the implementation and code online for the public, a campaign should be organized to promote this upgrade.

I agree. There should be set up some bounties and a fundraising for marketing. The coin is 10 months old and don't even have a logo.  Smiley

Most coins is just marketing and hype without any technical innovation or purpose other then make some btc for devs/early adopters. Anoncoin is the exact oposite.

Anyone with some ideas?

I agree, but those interested in the growth and health of the Anoncoin must invest personally.
Everyone is free to start a new project related to Anoncoin. Everyone is free to invest his time, knowledge or money in that currency, you do not need any permission to act!
I think the long-term success of a crypto-currency is its acceptance by merchants and the quantity/quality of services that are created around.

I wholeheartedly agree. Nevertheless, the developers share a small responsibility in getting things started, as not all can be done by third parties. I am sure that they are all very busy in real life, so the first step would be to delegate this authority by naming about three people to work on PR/Web issues. (JackofAll appears to be MIA; in any case more than one person is needed).

A three person PR/Web team could easily oversee a variety of projects, including:

1. Updating the web page to describe the characteristics (and history) of the coin, including a brief description of the I2P and Zerocoin implementations.

2. Moving the official chat forum to anoncoin.net.

3. Setting up a donation fund for the development of a promotional video.

4. Setting up donation funds for completion of the “in planning/development” tasks listed on the web site.

5. Organization of some form of competition (perhaps with a reward) for a new coin logo.

6. Setting up an “Anoncoin monthly update”, similar to the weekly updates that are posted on the PPC forum.

7. Publicizing the faucet, so that more will donate to it, allowing newbies to experiment with zerocoin transactions.

8. Translation of the website into Chinese (and other languages), perhaps by way of a donation fund.

Yes these are great pointers to begin with. Website definitely needs re-branding to look more appealing and to include the progress and explain what ANC is all about. And not just another crypto. Emphasizing on the true anonymity it will have after ZC implementation.
And yes it's a snowball effect. Just get the word out in an appealing way ( Facebook page, rebranded website, tip to bitcoin news websites to publish articles abt ZC implementation... ) and it will be an exponential effect.
I will work on a logo and post it soon. 
overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:29:14 AM

nice initiative on the logo, I think it can use more refinement and maybe dropping the headless business man completely

I've been thinking about a lot of UI/UX tweaks on this coin's interfaces and logo definitely leads that effort

Looking good. The chains might be misinterpreted by some as restrictive rather than strength.

As for the current designs. How about adding a ? to the top right logo?
All logos are better than before.  Smiley

Especlially,I like the middle one on the first line.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:40:35 AM

how does freedom relate with chains?

In this case it does not.

I don't think Anoncoin is directly about freedom. I think it is about privacy (question mark) and security (chain).
Privacy allows more freedom, yes. But I think all cryptocurrencies are about freedom, and privacy is the only point where ANC differs from them.

However, I understand the chain may look coercitive, but it is one of a few cases where it is not. Because the zerocoin-powered (block)chain allows privacy (freedom).
i c, so i got the chains "wrong" Wink

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:55:38 AM

Article about ANC and Zerocoin implementation at CryptocoinsNews.com. http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/anoncoin-release-zerocoin-implementation-testnet-this-week/2014/04/07

It's a strange article that is more about the relationship of Bitcoin to altcoins, which Torpey, the author, says are merely experiments of features that might eventually make it into Bitcoin.
Would someone more competent than I am like to respond? I think Torpey is wrong about whether Bitcoin will eventually add in the functionality experiments of altcoins, particularly the Zerocoin implementation of ANC. ANC will have its own user base and will be, I think, a necessary alternative to Bitcoin, since the Bitcoin core developers don't seem to be very interested in thinking beyond the single application: a streamlined currency with mass adoption.

Agree. The author don't seem to understand the simple fact that there will be other coins around that can and will differentiate itself from bitcoin and serve purposes that bitcoin can not. Anonymity  is one possible and needed extansion among many bitcoin don't want to offer.

Of course, most alts don't have any purpose or reason to exist at all. Just look at the scrypt coins from last summer like feathercoin, digitalcoin, worldcoin which are all trying to be just another litecoin with a few different parameters, developing the same pointless services that already exists for litecoin/bitcoin. And the same is of course true for most of the coins released the last months. Make a few changes, make a big deal out of it and market it as a revolution. One should think there were a limit to how many times the same wheel could be invented.

Lost my train of thought lol. What i meant to say is that we need innovation and anoncoin is among the few who are set to deliver just that. And that innovation don't necessary need to involve bitcoin. There is undoubtly a market for other coins.
travelrobrob

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:32:40 PM

Fair warning noob here -

Hopefully this is the right spot to post this, pre-apologies if not. Using FusionHash to mine anc and as of last night not seeing updates in transactions or "last 20 blocks mined". Bgminer showing connections and acceptances and the dashboard is showing my hash rates and in/valid shares.

Can't tell if this is normal as the pool has not found a block in a while or if I have an issue on my end. The recent issue they had with status updates has me a little perplexed.

Is there a better way to tell if things are working correctly?

Thanks in advance,
BroTroxer

Activity: 290

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:44:57 PM

Fair warning noob here -

Hopefully this is the right spot to post this, pre-apologies if not. Using FusionHash to mine anc and as of last night not seeing updates in transactions or "last 20 blocks mined". Bgminer showing connections and acceptances and the dashboard is showing my hash rates and in/valid shares.

Can't tell if this is normal as the pool has not found a block in a while or if I have an issue on my end. The recent issue they had with status updates has me a little perplexed.

Is there a better way to tell if things are working correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Fusionhash would usually be your support point as that's where the error is. I see fusionhash have the following statement posted for the anoncoin pool "ANC cron locked up preventing payouts as well as stats from updating. Issue has been resolved, all shares are accounted for, and payouts have resumed. We apologize for the delay!"
Arlic

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:47:09 PM

There is a announce at fusionhash pool: "ANC cron locked up preventing payouts as well as stats from updating. Issue has been resolved, all shares are accounted for, and payouts have resumed. We apologize for the delay!"
travelrobrob

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:51:22 PM

Fusionhash would usually be your support point as that's where the error is. I see fusionhash have the following statement posted for the anoncoin pool "ANC cron locked up preventing payouts as well as stats from updating. Issue has been resolved, all shares are accounted for, and payouts have resumed. We apologize for the delay!"
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I have tried contacting them but the contact link fails upon submission. This message has been up a few days when things were working normally so that is part of my confusion. All my searches turn up empty so thought I would ask. I suspect if everyone using them was seeing this there would be some chatter about it.

Thanks again for the reply. I will sit tight and see.

All the best,
travelrobob
braane

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:45:50 AM

I thought the testnet was rolling out this week? Is that still going to happen?
tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:39:29 PM

The website is down. Can't download the wallet or access any of the links. What's going on?
BroTroxer

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:33:40 PM

The website is down. Can't download the wallet or access any of the links. What's going on?

DNS issue. Should be back soon, nothing to worry about.
BroTroxer

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:01:40 PM

I thought the testnet was rolling out this week? Is that still going to happen?

That's what is planned for. There is currently no specific date as unforeseen delays might occur during the development.
lunokhod2

Activity: 249

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:39:52 AM

Does anyone know if the openSSL heart bleed bug affects the Anoncoin wallet? I see that several coins have already updated their wallets over the past couple of days...
BroTroxer

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:00:59 PM

Does anyone know if the openSSL heart bleed bug affects the Anoncoin wallet? I see that several coins have already updated their wallets over the past couple of days...

The only way this could potentially be exploited is by enabling rpcssl (not enabled by default), and rpcallowip from other IP's than your own computer/server in the config file. Anyone running said configuration is already begging for the coins to be stolen regardless of heartbleed. Updated wallets will however be available for download as soon as they are built.
BroTroxer

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:31:26 PM

Latest blog post on the Zerocoin implementation into Anoncoin testnet4 available here https://sigterm.no/blog/6/ for those interested.

If you are interested in giving it a try as soon as the testnet goes live, sign up. The more the merrier!
http://lists.sigterm.no/listinfo/anoncoin-serviceannounce - Announce mailinglist, mainly target information towards pools and service providers.
http://lists.sigterm.no/listinfo/anoncoin-zerotest - Zerocoin implementation testing (testnet4). Scheduled to go live within a week.

The implementation is based upon the original Zerocoin paper, but has a lot of the dev teams own modifications to avoid the potential problems that people have pointed out over the past few months.

Help us complete the ultimate alt-coin security package. Spread the word Grin
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:10:49 AM

I think, after zerocoin implementation, next rise of btc will bring ANC to 20$+

Hold your Anoncoins, do not panic or change for ISR or KAR......

There will be only 4.2m of ANC, make some math, and you will see that you must have more ANC then you allready have.

Have a nice weekend to all ANC fans and hodlers : )

BroTroxer

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:11:33 PM

I think, after zerocoin implementation, next rise of btc will bring ANC to 20$+

Hold your Anoncoins, do not panic or change for ISR or KAR......

There will be only 4.2m of ANC, make some math, and you will see that you must have more ANC then you allready have.

Have a nice weekend to all ANC fans and hodlers : )

I think most people holding at the moment will keep holding. Would be silly to sell of at this point. Specially for those who are in it long term. Even if some are sold of that means cheaper coins for new investors. Seems to be a far greater amount of people buying, than there are selling now  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: