Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:20:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530459 times)
BroTroxer

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:41:17 PM

Why does https://coinpool.in have so many problems? :/  At this time I am seeing https://anc.usr.io to be really the only stable pool from ANC but still not much love. Where is the rest of the network hash coming from? Solo Mining? Or am I missing some pool out there that I do not know about

Sorry about that. It happens from time to time but it is usually a speedy recovery whenever there are trouble. You are missing at least two pools that are online. There are probably some solo miners out there, but we do not know how many, or what their hashrate would be. The network hashrate can usually not to be trusted as the difficulty jumps per block which makes the calculations unreliable.

http://anc.ltcoin.net
http://anon.cryptcoins.net

If anyone else wants to operate a pool that would be great. There is still a need for stable pools that has a fair share count. The anc.usr.io pool seems to be very unfair to long-term miners as they might be ripped off by the low PPLNS share count when the big miners hit 'n run on low diff.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
branefreez

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:30:23 PM

Hey, guys! I remember asking about an implementation of a webpage that shows an active list of p2p nodes, and I was wondering: Is it possible to find other online i2p/tor nodes, [through the daemon] and connect to them directly? (e.g. I go to the debug window and type 'findpeers [net] ' with [net] being Tor/I2P, and it returning a list of currently active I2P/Tor nodes.) It may help us [newbies] get a few more connections. Wink

Second, I really like the idea of the Austral Currency symbol () for ANC. I can try to make a revised version of it that Incorporates the + NC. I doubt that I'll have much luck, as my cgi skills are minimal [just about as useful as an American trying to pronounce a Polish surname].

Third, if and when you do implement the PoS service into the ANC daemon, will you put a cap on how long you can wait before the coins are forgotten and not put in line to be mined for interest? [For PPC it was 90 days, I believe]. {http://www.reddit.com/r/ppcoin/comments/1djlhz/question_regarding_pos/} I do not know if I understood the thread completely, but I assume this is what it was talking about. If you do plan on putting a cap in, how long do you estimate it will be? [P.S. how are PoS coins mined? Are they just treated as transaction [from nowhere], or are they treated as being mined?]

Thank you for reading this, and if you can answer these questions, please do so for me! I really want to stay as up to date as possible on this coin!
DigitalHermit

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Thank you! Thank you! ...

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:44:33 AM

how far is your zerocoin implementation?

Was just coming here to ask the same thing. Any updates?

It's still in an early stage. The first part will be implementing the early alpha of Zerocoin into the Anoncoin testnet, then comes the testing to discover bugs within Zerocoin itself that the Zerocoin devs will be working on. I would not expect a fully working zerocoin implementation until the end of the year at best. If it works flawlessly the first time around (personally I believe there's a ~1% chance of that happening) it would probably be complete during november.

Are you integrating the Zerocoin v1 library as is or do you have plans to deal with the two major flaws in Zerocoin first, before releasing it for use against the "production" AnonCoin blockchain?

Flaw #1: Zerocoin v1 is highly inefficient (not production ready).

https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin/wiki/Frequently-asked-questions
The current implementation of Zerocoin has two efficiency problems. First, the 'coin spend' zero knowledge proofs are somewhat large (>25 KB). We intend for these proofs to reside in the block chain, but their large size makes this challenging. As a result it may be necessary to distribute them via some other mechanism such as a Distributed Hash Table.

Additionally, Zerocoin spend proofs are somewhat time consuming to verify, at least as compared to ECDSA signatures (they take a larger fraction of a second). This creates problems with latency when all nodes verify them, though we are hopeful that there are engineering solutions to this problem.

We are currently working on improvements to the Zerocoin cryptography that we hope will bring smaller and faster proofs. At this point we will release a 'Zerocoin v2' protocol and users will have to decide if they want to deploy this protocol in their networks.

Flaw #2: Zerocoin as currently implemented requires configuration with a trusted non-secret integer of 1,026 bits in length generated by multiplying together two factors p and q. That means you need a "trusted party" to configure Zerocoin; more importantly, if this trusted party decides to hold on to the p and q factors they used (rather than destroying them) or shares them with anybody, then they will be able to double spend any zerocoins. This is a fatal flaw if we wish Zerocoin to operate in a zero-trust manner.

https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin/wiki/Generating-Zerocoin-parameters

Security Warning: It is critical that the modulus N be generated properly and that the factors p, q and all related information be destroyed. These factors are not needed in the protocol. Moreover, any party who learns these factors will be able to double-spend zerocoins. Note however that knowledge of p, q does not jeopardize the anonymity of Zerocoin.

A second project (not currently planned) is to implement distributed multiparty generation of the modulus N. Some protocols exist in the literature to do this. We are not aware of any that have been implemented.

If you plan on integrating Zerocoin as is, that's fine. I just hope you realize that by doing so you'll be turning the AnonCoin blockchain into more of a test/research blockchain that may not scale well (due to Flaw 1) and can't be fully trusted (due to Flaw 2).
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:54:47 AM

If you plan on integrating Zerocoin as is, that's fine. I just hope you realize that by doing so you'll be turning the AnonCoin blockchain into more of a test/research blockchain that may not scale well (due to Flaw 1) and can't be fully trusted (due to Flaw 2).

Read the thread..  ANC must be making a name for itself since you had to come to the trenches (altcoin forum) to investigate.

It's still in an early stage. The first part will be implementing the early alpha of Zerocoin into the Anoncoin testnet, then comes the testing to discover bugs within Zerocoin itself that the Zerocoin devs will be working on. I would not expect a fully working zerocoin implementation until the end of the year at best. If it works flawlessly the first time around (personally I believe there's a ~1% chance of that happening) it would probably be complete during november.

meeh (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

:)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 09:16:09 AM

how far is your zerocoin implementation?

Was just coming here to ask the same thing. Any updates?

Are you integrating the Zerocoin v1 library as is or do you have plans to deal with the two major flaws in Zerocoin first, before releasing it for use against the "production" AnonCoin blockchain?

Flaw #1: Zerocoin v1 is highly inefficient (not production ready).

https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin/wiki/Frequently-asked-questions
The current implementation of Zerocoin has two efficiency problems. First, the 'coin spend' zero knowledge proofs are somewhat large (>25 KB). We intend for these proofs to reside in the block chain, but their large size makes this challenging. As a result it may be necessary to distribute them via some other mechanism such as a Distributed Hash Table.

Additionally, Zerocoin spend proofs are somewhat time consuming to verify, at least as compared to ECDSA signatures (they take a larger fraction of a second). This creates problems with latency when all nodes verify them, though we are hopeful that there are engineering solutions to this problem.

We are currently working on improvements to the Zerocoin cryptography that we hope will bring smaller and faster proofs. At this point we will release a 'Zerocoin v2' protocol and users will have to decide if they want to deploy this protocol in their networks.

Flaw #2: Zerocoin as currently implemented requires configuration with a trusted non-secret integer of 1,026 bits in length generated by multiplying together two factors p and q. That means you need a "trusted party" to configure Zerocoin; more importantly, if this trusted party decides to hold on to the p and q factors they used (rather than destroying them) or shares them with anybody, then they will be able to double spend any zerocoins. This is a fatal flaw if we wish Zerocoin to operate in a zero-trust manner.

https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin/wiki/Generating-Zerocoin-parameters

Security Warning: It is critical that the modulus N be generated properly and that the factors p, q and all related information be destroyed. These factors are not needed in the protocol. Moreover, any party who learns these factors will be able to double-spend zerocoins. Note however that knowledge of p, q does not jeopardize the anonymity of Zerocoin.

A second project (not currently planned) is to implement distributed multiparty generation of the modulus N. Some protocols exist in the literature to do this. We are not aware of any that have been implemented.

Chill, I've read all the wiki pages and the source of Zerocoin. We are well aware of that the zerocoin v1a implementation is not finished, and requires a lot more work. That's why it's named Alpha.. E.g not ready for production.

Zerocoin would require a lot of time, and I'm not sure we're even finished in the time BroTroxer is talking about, becuse of the problems zerocoin still have to address.

Also, we would never launch zerocoin in the production network without heavily testing on testnet. And I'm sure when that time comes, it's no problem getting a lot of people here to help test it out on the testnet to see how it works, before even thinking of introducing it into the network.

----

However, my plan to implement Coinjoin into the client is still under discussion and can happen before Zerocoin, since Zerocoin would require a lot more work and research. What I mean with implement Coinjoin is that coinjoin "rooms" are distributed via the client, and does not need a central server for people to meet and sign a joined transaction.

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 09:18:34 AM

Anoncoin/Bitcoin : just passed 0.003 @ cryptsy Grin

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 09:21:23 AM

Hey, guys! I remember asking about an implementation of a webpage that shows an active list of p2p nodes, and I was wondering: Is it possible to find other online i2p/tor nodes, [through the daemon] and connect to them directly? (e.g. I go to the debug window and type 'findpeers [net] ' with [net] being Tor/I2P, and it returning a list of currently active I2P/Tor nodes.) It may help us [newbies] get a few more connections. Wink

See the net.cpp and search for "b32.i2p" to find some seeds. I can update a better list later Smiley

Third, if and when you do implement the PoS service into the ANC daemon, will you put a cap on how long you can wait before the coins are forgotten and not put in line to be mined for interest? [For PPC it was 90 days, I believe]. {http://www.reddit.com/r/ppcoin/comments/1djlhz/question_regarding_pos/} I do not know if I understood the thread completely, but I assume this is what it was talking about. If you do plan on putting a cap in, how long do you estimate it will be? [P.S. how are PoS coins mined? Are they just treated as transaction [from nowhere], or are they treated as being mined?]

Thank you for reading this, and if you can answer these questions, please do so for me! I really want to stay as up to date as possible on this coin!

We haven't looked much into it yet, so sorry I can't answer it right now. But I will announce it here & at our blog when we have decided how a potential PoS implementation would work. Smiley

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 09:36:39 AM

CoinJoin would be very good option too!

PS: UP UP UP!  Cheesy Grin
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 10:10:33 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2013, 10:39:52 AM by meeh

Why does https://coinpool.in have so many problems? :/  At this time I am seeing https://anc.usr.io to be really the only stable pool from ANC but still not much love. Where is the rest of the network hash coming from? Solo Mining? Or am I missing some pool out there that I do not know about

Sorry about that. It happens from time to time but it is usually a speedy recovery whenever there are trouble. You are missing at least two pools that are online. There are probably some solo miners out there, but we do not know how many, or what their hashrate would be. The network hashrate can usually not to be trusted as the difficulty jumps per block which makes the calculations unreliable.

http://anc.ltcoin.net
http://anon.cryptcoins.net

If anyone else wants to operate a pool that would be great. There is still a need for stable pools that has a fair share count. The anc.usr.io pool seems to be very unfair to long-term miners as they might be ripped off by the low PPLNS share count when the big miners hit 'n run on low diff.

!!!!!! http://anc.ltcoin.net has wrong difficutly. I guess the pool uses a old client. DO NOT MINE THERE!!!!!. That would cause a fork for you!!!

ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:26:14 PM

Ubuntu 13.04, Qt Creator
Code:
/usr/include/boost/boost/variant/variant.hpp:51: error: boost/type_traits/is_nothrow_move_constructible.hpp: No such file or directory
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 12:28:55 PM

Ubuntu 13.04, Qt Creator
Code:
/usr/include/boost/boost/variant/variant.hpp:51: error: boost/type_traits/is_nothrow_move_constructible.hpp: No such file or directory

That's a boost error, not Anoncoin related. Do:
sudo apt-get install libboost1.53-all-dev

Anyway, I have never built Anoncoin using the Qt Creator, and I don't think any other in the Anoncoin team have done the same. I suggest doing it from command line.

BroTroxer posted a howto-build in this thread some pages back.  Smiley I'm at work now so I can't use much time to search for it, but give it a try and the guide should work for you Smiley

ewibit
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:50:06 PM

Anyway, I have never built Anoncoin using the Qt Creator, and I don't think any other in the Anoncoin team have done the same. I suggest doing it from command line.

BroTroxer posted a howto-build in this thread some pages back.  Smiley I'm at work now so I can't use much time to search for it, but give it a try and the guide should work for you Smiley
thx but
Code:
libboost1.53-all-dev is newest version
and from command line with
Code:
make -j1 -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
I get
Code:
In file included from /usr/include/boost/variant.hpp:17:0,
                 from script.h:12,
                 from main.h:11,
                 from checkpoints.cpp:10:
/usr/include/boost/boost/variant/variant.hpp:51:63: Schwerwiegender Fehler: boost/type_traits/is_nothrow_move_constructible.hpp: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Kompilierung beendet.
make: *** [obj/checkpoints.o] Fehler 1
DigitalHermit

Activity: 150

Thank you! Thank you! ...

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:51:51 PM

From an investment perspective, I would definitely be interested in any altchain that implemented Zerocoin, but only if it were to address the flaws previously mentioned.

While it's nice that AnonCoin will be testing out the existing/experimental version of the Zerocoin library and it does appear that you've attracted some speculator attention (tripled in the past week or so), this is likely because these speculators are either clueless about the production-readiness of Zerocoin or perhaps they do realize it and just want to make a quick buck while leaving someone else to hold the bag (pump and dump).

The points I brought up are for potential bag-holders who are actually performing due diligence on their investments. The other "suckers" won't read this thread anyway.

Too bad for them.   Cheesy
BroTroxer

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:23:47 PM

From an investment perspective, I would definitely be interested in any altchain that implemented Zerocoin, but only if it were to address the flaws previously mentioned.

While it's nice that AnonCoin will be testing out the existing/experimental version of the Zerocoin library and it does appear that you've attracted some speculator attention (tripled in the past week or so), this is likely because these speculators are either clueless about the production-readiness of Zerocoin or perhaps they do realize it and just want to make a quick buck while leaving someone else to hold the bag (pump and dump).

The points I brought up are for potential bag-holders who are actually performing due diligence on their investments. The other "suckers" won't read this thread anyway.

You are welcome to bring up issues, and we always appreciate constructive feedback that is well written such as yours. There are of course a few issues to be taken care of while running alpha in the testnet, and we will not implement zerocoin into the main net until all the issues have been taken care of as mentioned by Meeh.
The people investing in the coin should not invest simply because they hear the word zerocoin, and I hope most of them are not investing blindfolded. I do believe most of the early investors at least are aware that features to protect users privacy is to be introduced one step at the time. Zerocoin is definitely a milestone, but far from the only feature the coin offers.

We try to be as open as possible, and none of us have ever indicated that zerocoin is a complete production ready product. I believe it was mentioned in an earlier post that we will be depending on cooperating with the zerocoin dev team to do most of the debugging, rewrites, and possibly design changes.

As for the pump and dump, this is something we have been trying to avoid from the beginning. We do want a steady increase in value and enough buy support for service providers to be able to use the coin. We do not want it to skyrocket and dump as that would make it unfit as a currency, as well as removing the trust we hope to have in the community.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:11:19 PM

Well if you want to make any profit from speculating, its better to get in before things are obvious to everyone else.  If you wait until the ANC and zerocoin devs fix all the issues and have a flawless zerocoin being implemented, ANC will be 100x higher in price..
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 05:48:18 PM

thx but
Code:
libboost1.53-all-dev is newest version
and from command line with
Code:
make -j1 -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
I get
Code:
In file included from /usr/include/boost/variant.hpp:17:0,
                 from script.h:12,
                 from main.h:11,
                 from checkpoints.cpp:10:
/usr/include/boost/boost/variant/variant.hpp:51:63: Schwerwiegender Fehler: boost/type_traits/is_nothrow_move_constructible.hpp: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Kompilierung beendet.
make: *** [obj/checkpoints.o] Fehler 1

Ok. It's something with boost. As you might see in the error message.. Could you check if you got more than one version of boost installed? or reinstall the boost library.

ewibit
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:07:41 PM

Ok. It's something with boost. As you might see in the error message.. Could you check if you got more than one version of boost installed? or reinstall the boost library.
reinstalled libboost1.53-all-dev and deinstalled libboost1.46 and the same error...
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 06:44:37 PM

reinstalled libboost1.53-all-dev and deinstalled libboost1.46 and the same error...

Are you using the command line or Qt Creator? If the latter, there you got your problem. I can't help you compile in a application I don't use. I haven't a working setup for building coins with Qt Creator on linux. I always uses the command line.

Or rather, have you read the build instructions in the doc directory, or just trying it your own way? I recommend you read it and use the command line.

https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/blob/master-0.8/doc/readme-qt.rst

Seems like I forgot a line there. Before qmake, "cd i2psam && make -f makefile.unix && cd .."

When we have fixed the remaining issues in 0.8.5.2 we will release static linux builds  Smiley

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 12:30:09 PM

FYI;

Since Anoncoin is now jumping between #10 and #11 on coinmarketcap, many miners have joined coinpool.in and it has been down from time to time. I've just rebooted the server and doubled the hardware specs. Hoping this will help. Sorry the problems this has caused you miners!

ronimacarroni

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 07:11:20 PM

update your project news pls.
The last update was august 30th.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: