Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:44:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
BlurrCrystal

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:14:54 PM

I believe exposure to the coin will be exponential when ZC is officially implemented. BUT if there are no efforts from the devs and loyals to promote this breakthrough implementation, a "popular" coin will simply copy the implementation and take the glory for its own.
Technical innovation is mandatory for success but with no media coverage it will be copied by som1 else and anc will miss it's chance to glory.
Before getting the implementation and code online for the public, a campaign should be organized to promote this upgrade.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:29:51 PM

I believe exposure to the coin will be exponential when ZC is officially implemented. BUT if there are no efforts from the devs and loyals to promote this breakthrough implementation, a "popular" coin will simply copy the implementation and take the glory for its own.
Technical innovation is mandatory for success but with no media coverage it will be copied by som1 else and anc will miss it's chance to glory.
Before getting the implementation and code online for the public, a campaign should be organized to promote this upgrade.

I agree. There should be set up some bounties and a fundraising for marketing. The coin is 10 months old and don't even have a logo.  Smiley

Most coins is just marketing and hype without any technical innovation or purpose other then make some btc for devs/early adopters. Anoncoin is the exact oposite.

Anyone with some ideas?
lunokhod2

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:38:08 PM

I agree. There should be set up some bounties and a fundraising for marketing. The coin is 10 months old and don't even have a logo.  Smiley

Most coins is just marketing and hype without any technical innovation or purpose other then make some btc for devs/early adopters. Anoncoin is the exact oposite.

Anyone with some ideas?

I just started working on a wikipedia entry for anoncoin. As soon as zerocoin is implemented, and as soon as there are a couple of news stories to justify "notability", I will create its own page. At the time being, anyone can edit the draft here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Lunokhod/sandbox

I suspect that there are errors...

Arlic

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:44:31 PM

Most of people belives in that, the darkcoin is the first one anonymous cryptocurrency, as we know this is not true, but darkcoin's PR is way way better.
High activity on twitter is good point, but just few know about the twitter page. Anoncoin activity on facebook account is low, and the fanpage look not proffesional.
And finally, the reddit fanpage look not attractive, and there are just few observers.
BroTroxer

Activity: 290

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:45:36 PM

Anyone with some ideas?

You are correct. Anoncoin is mainly about the technical innovations which sadly, on its own, is not enough to make it the success it could be. Do you have any ideas as to what bounties to offer, and where advertising funds should be spent to get the most out of each dollar and dime? None of us are wealthy money-wise but I will throw in what I can spare if we can come up with a game plan.
shtako

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:24:22 PM

Anyone with some ideas?

You are correct. Anoncoin is mainly about the technical innovations which sadly, on its own, is not enough to make it the success it could be. Do you have any ideas as to what bounties to offer, and where advertising funds should be spent to get the most out of each dollar and dime? None of us are wealthy money-wise but I will throw in what I can spare if we can come up with a game plan.

Marketing is absolutely not my field, but I can try to help as best i can.

Maybe the idea postet a while back about getting a new logo and some sort of rebranding actually is a good idea?

Standard procedure seems to be to put up a bounty, and let the community/ designers submit candidates for the new logo/ brand. The thread with the competiton/submissions must be very professional and informative since it is supposed to reach out to people who have never heard about anoncoin. What is ANC, what is the purpose of ANC, where is ANC going, and so on.

The competition including the informative/promotive thread must then be marketed on all fronts. The competiton itself should bring a lot of attention, and if it is really successfull anoncoin might end up with a better logo/ brand.

It should be payed for by the community with donations. 
Freedom Capital

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:43:14 PM

Do you think different marketing quality is the only reason for the significant difference in coin market cap between Darkcoin and Anoncoin,     $ 2,649,719 vs. $ 615,943 ?

Could be when looking at Google Trends. Darkcoin interest continues to rise while the searches for Anoncoin are looking similar to the ANC chart, both getting closer and closer to the all time low.

geekz

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

जगत् िमत

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:52:47 PM

Anyone with some ideas?

Bitcoin was not built in a day my friends. Its upto us to do something. If we all contribute as little as we can, things will change.
So, lets do it!
shtako

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:59:50 PM

Do you think different marketing quality is the only reason for the significant difference in coin market cap between Darkcoin and Anoncoin,     $ 2,649,719 vs. $ 615,943 ?

Could be when looking at Google Trends. Darkcoin interest continues to rise while the searches for Anoncoin are looking similar to the ANC chart, both getting closer and closer to the all time low.

Well it is really just like a snowball, when it first starts to roll...

Darkcoin is amazing at marketing and promoting, but the true value of the coin is probably not even 5% of what it currently is traded for. But darkcoin can be discussed in the darkcoin thread.  Smiley
braane

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:16:23 PM

I don't think anoncoin has a twitter tip bot, so I have been working on one @tipanoncoin

I have just been really busy with class work, so I haven't been making too much progress. I expect that to change this week
gostrol

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:30:00 PM

nice initiative on the logo, I think it can use more refinement and maybe dropping the headless business man completely

I've been thinking about a lot of UI/UX tweaks on this coin's interfaces and logo definitely leads that effort

BroTroxer

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:39:35 PM

Excellent initiative in your last posts guys Cheesy

If any of you can help in any way but require some funds to pull it of, do send me a message or post here. Anything from advertising space on sites, spending time writing up articles, promotive contests, logo design, or spreading the word by any means would be great. I can throw in a few hundred $ and a small amount of anc/btc.

If we can achieve mentioned snowballing effect I'm sure Anoncoin won't have a problem gaining wider acceptance, and a rising value as a result when Zerocoin is implementied into the production chain.
BroTroxer

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:47:01 PM

nice initiative on the logo, I think it can use more refinement and maybe dropping the headless business man completely

I've been thinking about a lot of UI/UX tweaks on this coin's interfaces and logo definitely leads that effort

Looking good. The chains might be misinterpreted by some as restrictive rather than strength.

As for the current designs. How about adding a ? to the top right logo?
gen. specific

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:34:19 PM

would just like to mention that I disagree with this logo direction

I'm still thinking something simple like along the lines of an edge directed node (ripple logo) , or myriad coin's logo

something that appears simple and friendly, instead of a fringe movement

zerocoin's logo is decent too btw
geekz

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

जगत् िमत

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:40:39 PM

@gostrol ,  I think , It has to represent Freedom , Security and Anonymity ...
Please replace the chains. and try something different.
gen. specific

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:39:41 AM

Do you think different marketing quality is the only reason for the significant difference in coin market cap between Darkcoin and Anoncoin,     $ 2,649,719 vs. $ 615,943 ?

Poor people who invest their money in the Darkcoin are unaware and uninformed.
The developer of Darkcoin created this currency in the sole purpose of personal enrichment (4500 first blocks with reward 500 DRK mined in less than 32 first hours). Today (some weeks later), reward is 19 DRK. Check their blockchain if you have any doubt!
Anoncoin was created by developers fascinated by the freedom and anonymity!
A debate on the Darkcoin not place here and it will be my last post about this monkey money.

omg premine stigma oh noes.  darkcoin is implementing anonymity technologies with somewhat active development, and people will find utility in that until something with more utility comes out
gen. specific

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:40:38 AM

@gostrol  again we appreciate your initiative though so let us know if you are interested in doing more designs with our input
gen. specific

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:35:15 AM

I also thought about a Kickstarter clone that would allow everyone to raise Anoncoin funds for all kind of projects. If someone can help, please contact me in pm!

Make something to streamline political donations

anybody that believes in anything will find utility in this, since popular opinion can turn against you in coming years, or a government may become vilified in the future, a bigger risk if you do any international backing

A long long long list of private citizens and companies that became part of a witch hunt after one of those events happened
shtako

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:39:37 AM

I can throw in a few hundred $ and a small amount of anc/btc.

I think the community also should be able to make donations. I would gladly give a few anc to some projects with good potential.
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:41:28 PM

Article about ANC and Zerocoin implementation at CryptocoinsNews.com. http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/anoncoin-release-zerocoin-implementation-testnet-this-week/2014/04/07

It's a strange article that is more about the relationship of Bitcoin to altcoins, which Torpey, the author, says are merely experiments of features that might eventually make it into Bitcoin.
Would someone more competent than I am like to respond? I think Torpey is wrong about whether Bitcoin will eventually add in the functionality experiments of altcoins, particularly the Zerocoin implementation of ANC. ANC will have its own user base and will be, I think, a necessary alternative to Bitcoin, since the Bitcoin core developers don't seem to be very interested in thinking beyond the single application: a streamlined currency with mass adoption.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: