Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:46:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again  (Read 153033 times)
cyberpitstop

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:15:40 PM

how can I mine this non of the pools support it yet.. yet the difficulty is rising

You cannot mine there is no working network yet the source code is not finished
Really because "someone" is mining it!!!!
delwig

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:15:48 PM

how can I mine this non of the pools support it yet.. yet the difficulty is rising

I can see on some of the pools the network hasrate and difficulty, It keeps rising so is that the premine? ots already like block 200k or something
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 09:20:27 PM

I can see on some of the pools the network hasrate and difficulty, It keeps rising so is that the premine? ots already like block 200k or something

There are a few nodes that have been started but I don't know if any are official or just people thats compiled the current code

https://bitnodes.21.co/nodes/?q=Bitcoin+Gold

The block height is at the snapshot point and has been there since that block height was reached
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 09:26:28 PM

Wait, this is launched but the support for mining hasn't started? The network is supported by a few nodes and not yet fully secure. I could see this taking off once the network is decentralized.
tekmobile

Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 09:34:49 PM

Wait, this is launched but the support for mining hasn't started? The network is supported by a few nodes and not yet fully secure. I could see this taking off once the network is decentralized.

No its not launched I think those nodes have been compiled from the development source code that is not complete and even if you could use this dev source to mine it would be useless because once the final version launches any created blocks would be rejected by the network
sqid

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:52:52 PM

This thread is supposed to be about DECENTRALIZATION.

I'm not really interested in posts saying crap, scam, premine, shitcoin: without some logical explanation of the reasoning.   Even then it would be nice if it had some relevance to the title of the thread.

GPU mining promotes decentralization.   Appears to me that 'core' are opposed to this.   WHY?

Really appreciate it if someone could fill in the bits( Grin) I'm missing.

Core opposes everything that could lead to losing their power on Bitcoin, so in case they would need to change PoW (which is unlikely imo), GPU mining could be their competition just like Bitcoin Cash competes for SHA hash power. For Core proponents anything that comes from them is Bitcoin, and everything else is altcoin. For instance, I'm pretty sure they would be against increasing 21 million coins cap if it was someone else's idea, but if they came up with this by themselves, then it would certainly be still Bitcoin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/78gb3w/you_get_a_600_raise_at_work_after_just_10_months/
As bitcoin expands into additional layers those layers are bitcoin as well! It's an aggregate ecosystem.

Thanks for the reply.
I have a couple of questions. 
Do core gain financially from holding the power?
What reasons have they given for not changing to equihash.   It seems glaringly obvious that this would be an improvement - or am I missing something?
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:58:05 AM

Hi all,
Is there any relationship between Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin Silver? Here is the link to Bitcoin Silver
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2311582.0

Good luck, guys.

Next time will be Bitcoin Bronze LOL Grin
I still say the same, a new way to scam people after ICO, so lets fork the bitcoin

U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:02:40 AM

HOLD BTC will get BTG? Roll Eyes

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:06:44 AM

Can anyone explain to me why 'core' is against this development.   Mining with GPU seems such a good thing to do that I don't understand why it wasn't just incorporated into Bitcoin.
If that had happened it would be so much simpler.   I don't understand why this idea had to get a fork to be realized.
Someone please enlighten me Huh

Good thing for what? If bitcoin can have as simple as say fork to fork, than there no security at all for holding it

Thanks for addressing my concern.

It seems like GPU mining would be a 'good thing' for the future of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin.    This would take the power away from large miners and give it back to the community - more individuals have an incentive to be involved in verifying the chain.    I'm sure you've heard the saying "power corrupts" - well, I think that is true and any protocol that prevents a few individuals from amassing power (like Bitmain) is good.  Decentralization is paramount to a fair system for the people and by the people!

So why didn't bitcoin 'core' take on this idea and prevent a fork?

GPU mining - no good..    I don't get what the argument is Huh   PLEASE explain! Wink   

The is no absolute GPU Mining, there will be another ASIC to replace it in the future, so do we have to fork time to time to avoid being centralize?

I agree that ASIC seem to make miner not distribute well, and bitmain monopolize the market because they have the power to do so
Decentralization is good as its the core reason bitcoin being live but i dont think GPU is the right solution

MarcusMillstrom

Merit: 211

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 01:24:27 AM

Can anyone explain to me why 'core' is against this development.   Mining with GPU seems such a good thing to do that I don't understand why it wasn't just incorporated into Bitcoin.
If that had happened it would be so much simpler.   I don't understand why this idea had to get a fork to be realized.

Good thing for what? If bitcoin can have as simple as say fork to fork, than there no security at all for holding it

It seems like GPU mining would be a 'good thing' for the future of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin.    This would take the power away from large miners and give it back to the community - more individuals have an incentive to be involved in verifying the chain.    I'm sure you've heard the saying "power corrupts" - well, I think that is true and any protocol that prevents a few individuals from amassing power (like Bitmain) is good.  Decentralization is paramount to a fair system for the people and by the people!

GPU mining - no good..    I don't get what the argument is Huh   PLEASE explain! Wink  

The is no absolute GPU Mining, there will be another ASIC to replace it in the future, so do we have to fork time to time to avoid being centralize?

I agree that ASIC seem to make miner not distribute well, and bitmain monopolize the market because they have the power to do so
Decentralization is good as its the core reason bitcoin being live but i dont think GPU is the right solution

What I wonder is this coin is viable in the long run because BCH has to be at 0.14 ... sat to create a profit mining it.
at least that's what I understood about it. I could be wrong of course.

sqid

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:38:20 AM

Can anyone explain to me why 'core' is against this development.   Mining with GPU seems such a good thing to do that I don't understand why it wasn't just incorporated into Bitcoin.
If that had happened it would be so much simpler.   I don't understand why this idea had to get a fork to be realized.

It seems like GPU mining would be a 'good thing' for the future of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin.    This would take the power away from large miners and give it back to the community - more individuals have an incentive to be involved in verifying the chain.    I'm sure you've heard the saying "power corrupts" - well, I think that is true and any protocol that prevents a few individuals from amassing power (like Bitmain) is good.  Decentralization is paramount to a fair system for the people and by the people!

GPU mining - no good..    I don't get what the argument is Huh   PLEASE explain! Wink   

I agree that someone will always find a way to make mining more efficient and implementing GPU would only decentralize temporarily.   But isn't that the point - that Bitcoin can change because  its open source - would GPU mining have any negative impact?

Anything to curb Bitmain growing monopoly, even for a short while, should be a positive.  Unless I'm missing the downside about GPUs, it seems that 'core' have some agenda that isn't for the benefit of the bitcoin community.

googol.star

Activity: 71

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:17:57 AM

So I guess Bitcoin is decentralized once again.
TheNightBird

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:57:44 AM

Don't fall for this scam, just because it's called Bitcoin it's just a shit coin the dev are already pre mining it for a week and from.what I found they have tried to make an ico before

https://web.archive.org/web/20170831032225/http://btcgpu.org/

Basically they will have 200 000 btg to dump and people will lose their money.
sqid

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:13:32 AM

Bitcoin could be more decentralized again if people start buying a lot of BTG and it becomes the main crypto.

With mining it's the 'chicken and the egg'.  Which one comes first, good miner activity which gives confidence to people considering buying BTG or more people using BTG which incentivizes mining.

The whole BTG fork has become a bit of a fiasco.  Bad website, replay not yet in place, premine (at 400$/BTG= $40,000,000) etc. but I think the basic idea is good and only time will tell.
daylox

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:28:06 AM

Don't fall for this scam, just because it's called Bitcoin it's just a shit coin the dev are already pre mining it for a week and from.what I found they have tried to make an ico before

Yes, it is the truth, everyone please don't buy bitcoin gold, it is intentional scam from day 1. Don't fall into this scam. We should focus on other valuable bitcoin forks like segwit2x.
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:23:13 AM

Yes, it is the truth, everyone please don't buy bitcoin gold, it is intentional scam from day 1. Don't fall into this scam. We should focus on other valuable bitcoin forks like segwit2x.

The premine effectively kills Bitcoin Gold, wait for the 'protest fork'

Bitcoin developer Rhett Creighton is working on alternative bitcoin gold "protest fork" software that seeks to pursue the same idea but without setting aside some of the new cryptocurrency for development.

If more than 51% of miners choose to use his software, the so-called pre-distribution to developers will be erased, he told CoinDesk. "It's up to the miners to decide what they want," he added.

source: https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-gold-know-blockchains-next-split/

https://github.com/realBitcoinGold/BTCGPU/commit/623ec59bb35bd4f20031506a4314e45a1d53fa6f
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:28:44 AM

I got 0.03 free in this fork what to with them?
coinmediaco

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:42:56 AM

yes we got free money because of bitcoin gold and bitcoin cash, i hope to see more forks like this
Takanashi

Activity: 114

Twitter:@takanashi_free

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:54:58 AM

What was BTG after all?

ETH(ERC20):0x3F8c2290AE7114Ae9e02b3f4631969E641Bb62E8
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:17:04 AM

yes we got free money because of bitcoin gold and bitcoin cash, i hope to see more forks like this

Another one is coming this November and I believe much more are coming because dev will make a lot of money from forking Bitcoin than launching ico, it will only be stopped until exchange ignores this altcoin that claims to be better than Bitcoin.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: