Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:54:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again  (Read 153032 times)
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 03:10:20 PM

Running all 3 bitcoin clients at once is fun, can't wait to run 4 Wink

from where you got the wallet of gold? it's not available anywhere

Probably built from source that is available on github but not final and not recommended as it will be incompatible with the final version 

the final build have replay protection? because i see that the build from github is without the replay protection

I much curious on what the hell is Bitcoin ABC  Huh

Bitcoin Cash
bozton

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:22:02 PM

I am interested in your project dev .. hopefully succeed.
sqid

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:12:00 PM

I read that the BX2 fork could kill BTC if enough miners followed it.   This fork would certainly be a centralizing influence if it succeeds.   Without replay protection BTC could be attacked.

Presumably BTG will get replay protection in place and therefore could serve as the new 'real' bitcoin if BTC was under too much pressure.   And 'core' and the community thought it was needed.

Therefore it would be sensible to hold the BTGs (whether you like the fork or not) as a hedge against this possible attack being successful.

I've got to say that I only half understand what I'm writing about  Embarrassed but that seems to be the gist of the many, many hours of surfing and reading that I'm doing!

1. If B2X got most of the hashing power then yes it could possibly kill off BTC but the chances of this happening are pretty low it may be a short term inconvenience but the miners will follow the most profitable chain and on launch B2X will be running at the FULL bitcoin difficulty so will need to have a pretty large value just to be profitable for the miners

2. Yes BTG will have replay protection and is due to be merged on github within the next 2 or 3 days as for saying that bitoingold could become the new bitcoin this is highly unlikely to happen but should see huge gains for early adopters

OK  What about this?.......

B2x gets launched with a typical pump.

But the pump doesn't stop - Pentagon missing $10 trillion, Fed off balance (missing) $9 trillion.  I don't believe everything I read but where there's smoke there's fire.  So just saying.  One trillion dollars is 10X the market cap of bitcoin or to put another way - about a 1000X the 24 hour trade turnover.  Crypto currencies are still tiny compared to the amount of fiat currency in the system.    A tiny % of what is out there could make an enormous difference.

So the pump carries on long enough that most miners see the (apparent) light and turn to B2X and the majority of BTC holders get worried and start to sell.

Maybe I"m being paranoid?   Having read the reddit discussion about the DCG (main driving force behind B2x) and that one of their directors is also a director of the federal reserve: I have serious issues believing anything that is proposed by B2X can be of benefit to the bitcoin idea of fairness and self regulation.

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 05:19:39 PM

I read that the BX2 fork could kill BTC if enough miners followed it.   This fork would certainly be a centralizing influence if it succeeds.   Without replay protection BTC could be attacked.

Presumably BTG will get replay protection in place and therefore could serve as the new 'real' bitcoin if BTC was under too much pressure.   And 'core' and the community thought it was needed.

Therefore it would be sensible to hold the BTGs (whether you like the fork or not) as a hedge against this possible attack being successful.

I've got to say that I only half understand what I'm writing about  Embarrassed but that seems to be the gist of the many, many hours of surfing and reading that I'm doing!

1. If B2X got most of the hashing power then yes it could possibly kill off BTC but the chances of this happening are pretty low it may be a short term inconvenience but the miners will follow the most profitable chain and on launch B2X will be running at the FULL bitcoin difficulty so will need to have a pretty large value just to be profitable for the miners

2. Yes BTG will have replay protection and is due to be merged on github within the next 2 or 3 days as for saying that bitoingold could become the new bitcoin this is highly unlikely to happen but should see huge gains for early adopters

OK  What about this?.......

B2x gets launched with a typical pump.

But the pump doesn't stop - Pentagon missing $10 trillion, Fed off balance (missing) $9 trillion.  I don't believe everything I read but where there's smoke there's fire.  So just saying.  One trillion dollars is 10X the market cap of bitcoin or to put another way - about a 1000X the 24 hour trade turnover.  Crypto currencies are still tiny compared to the amount of fiat currency in the system.    A tiny % of what is out there could make an enormous difference.

So the pump carries on long enough that most miners see the (apparent) light and turn to B2X and the majority of BTC holders get worried and start to sell.

Maybe I"m being paranoid?   Having read the reddit discussion about the DCG (main driving force behind B2x) and that one of their directors is also a director of the federal reserve: I have serious issues believing anything that is proposed by B2X can be of benefit to the bitcoin idea of fairness and self regulation.

Well we're only a couple of weeks away so not long to wait but I do not see any of that happening
kimboya

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:41:49 PM

Someone saw the new BTG Electrum Gold Wallet?

http://electrum-gold.org/
triathleteoxford

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:59:55 PM

What is the date of ICO?
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 10:22:05 PM

What is the date of ICO?

There is no ICO ?

If you mean when the Gold MainNet goes live then it should be early November
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:04:08 AM

So, the dev is annonymous? I heard that replay-protection is still not implemented, is that correct?

Right now I can't see one thing that BGold is better at compared to Bitcore (BTX). With Bitcore there is even a 25% airdrop coming Oct. 30th and continuous airdrops every monday for the next few months!

Take a look at this comparison chart and you'll understand what I am talking about:

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 01:15:14 AM

So, the dev is annonymous? I heard that replay-protection is still not implemented, is that correct?

There are a few devs but yes the main one is anonymous which is not a problem satoshi was anonymous too but the work being done is real and public for everyone to look at and check I do this every few days and replay protection is complete and they say it will be merged to the master branch in a few days.

The code looks to be almost complete now too
BtcVolcano

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:15:41 AM

What is the date of ICO?
What did you want to see ico? I look at all do not follow what is happening in the world, there is a slightly different system and chip. In general, all are waiting for November 1, and further stabilization and price formation. But many do not want particularly to go into a whole in it.
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:33:27 AM

Got back to school , you must try harder to scam us with your fake electrum wallet. If it was real it would be noted on the official Electrum site.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 01:43:05 AM

Got back to school , you must try harder to scam us with your fake electrum wallet. If it was real it would be noted on the official Electrum site.

In all fairness electrum is opensource and this is just a fork of that modified for bitcoin gold but without checking the source code though it's hard to trust and I wouldn't recommend anyone use it until its been properly verified
ZHiee

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

Hazeian - The Future of Decentralised Trade

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:43:19 AM

Before hardfork bitcoingold occurred ,, I sold my entire altcoin to get the free bitcoingold because I thought that later bitcoingold price would be better than the botcoincash price but it turned out my estimates were wrong. bitcoingold prices are no more than 1/2 the price of bitcoincash. Is there someone who can advise me ,,? still hold BTG or sell it now before the price gets destroyed, not even worth it anymore ,, ?
Thankz ,,

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 01:48:07 AM

Before hardfork bitcoingold occurred ,, I sold my entire altcoin to get the free bitcoingold because I thought that later bitcoingold price would be better than the botcoincash price but it turned out my estimates were wrong. bitcoingold prices are no more than 1/2 the price of bitcoincash. Is there someone who can advise me ,,? still hold BTG or sell it now before the price gets destroyed, not even worth it anymore ,, ?
Thankz ,,

The only reason is because no one can trade it wait until the network goes live and the initial dumping is over then the network will stabilise and the value should increase
civilufo

Activity: 375

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:50:47 AM

Right now I can't see one thing that BGold is better at compared to Bitcore (BTX). With Bitcore there is even a 25% airdrop coming Oct. 30th and continuous airdrops every monday for the next few months!

Take a look at this comparison chart and you'll understand what I am talking about:

Actually, noone really care about the which one is better...  But airdrop is the main point. So, what is the airdrop on 30 October? Snapshot from bitcoin?

vitocorp

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:22:20 AM

Bittrex, the US-based Bitcoin and altcoin exchange has announced its official position on Bitcoin Gold. The exchange, widely regarded as a substantial player in the marketplace, had previously hesitated issuing a formal statement.
However, with the hard fork just a short time away, Bittrex has finally clarified its position on the coming fork. Per the statement, Bittrex will perform a ‘wallet snapshot’ at the time of the hard fork, which will occur at block 491,407. At that time, each BTC will receive an equivalent BTG. According to the statement:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bittrex-issues-official-statement-about-bitcoin-gold-warns-users
Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:33:07 AM

Info when wallet ready?
jtalk
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:45:20 AM

Since I didn't let Bitcoins at any exchange to get automatically an equivalent of the available BTC's. There has no sense to hurry now as price has dropped at significant level now better to wait for the stability of the chain. It has chances to see huge pump in coming weeks. I suppose it wasn't made to let it die this easily.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
[/center]
johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:24:33 PM

Probably built from source that is available on github but not final and not recommended as it will be incompatible with the final version  

Of course it's built from the current source code the same way everybody else (who is not retarded) does it. There is no such thing as "final" or "not final", it's the same software that the developers develop and use and of course it is and will be "compatible" (compatible with what? this is the only bitcoin gold implementation, there is nothing else). You really shouldn't talk about something you have apparently no clue about.

It's truly hilarious how many idiots here keep saying there is no wallet software and asking when will the wallet be available. The wallet is available for months and since the 25th it's fully working. Since I have my bitcoin keys in there I automatically have access to all my bgold coins, all the while the idiots here keep talking about how to "get" or "claim" bgold. There is no getting nor claiming, everybody holding their private keys already have access to their bgold but idiots will never understand it, apparently.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 12:31:46 PM

Of course it's built from the current source code the same way everybody else (who is not retarded) does it. There is no such thing as "final" or "not final", it's the same software that the developers develop and use and of course it is and will be "compatible" (compatible with what? this is the only bitcoin gold implementation, there is nothing else). You really shouldn't talk about something you have apparently no clue about.

The source is not complete there are things like replay protection etc to be merged which would create invalid blocks using old code once done
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: