Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:02:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All my tokens in MEW stolen!  (Read 4518 times)
smoker36

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:02:52 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I am devastated. Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

I am not sure what to do! please advice folks.

It does not matter now since you are not able to do a thing about it. This is dark side of cryptocurrencies, they help to protect everybody's idenity, even if this person does some illegal staff. Make sure that your new private keys will be in a safer place.
manojpatelme

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:50:39 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

MEW is one of the most secured wallets I know and if you got hacked it's may be your own fault I think either in the way of your privet key stolen which you have not secured well or someone has your desktop /laptop access.
It's very important to secure your privet data safely otherwise now a days it's very common to hacked.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:57:13 PM

Very sad situation, and here, to my great regret, I don’t think that I can help with anything, although probably no one will be able to help anything now, because now losing tokens is the same as just losing money on the street.
globalking
Copper Member

Activity: 644
Merit: 0

POINTPAY

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 05:04:31 PM

you have to be very careful about your private key you should not use it on a regular base I mean, use it when you need it.

🏦 PointPay 🏦 - Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ROUND 1 LIVE   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ANN    Whitepaper    Ecosystem    Medium    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
paynercash

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:41:39 PM

Very sad situation, and here, to my great regret, I don’t think that I can help with anything, although probably no one will be able to help anything now, because now losing tokens is the same as just losing money on the street.
a loss, a regret. This is a result for those who are too lazy with private keys and private keys. The information should be stored carefully and placed at the top of the absolute level. Do not let such a loss and the coin has ridiculous waste too.

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:14:54 PM

Be protective of your wallet private key, hacking isn't possible unless your personal private key is hack by you unknowingly pasting on fake website, be careful of website you use that it is protested and safe before use.
While you are correct that your private key is key because if you lose it then everything is lost, the great problem is that hackers have many ways to access your private keys since computers are full of bugs and vulnerabilities and they are experts at taking advantage of those so they can get not authorized access to your coins, so securing your coins must be a priority.
alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:25:25 PM

There is no way to help, because we do not have the opportunity to return transactions back in such a case, we simply could not have what we have today. I am very sorry that this happened, we need to analyze the situation
norachuks

Activity: 331
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:59:55 PM

Sorry about that,it does happen and it does hurts a lot but you have be careful with detail next time,your private key should be private.

YouSeeMe  - Bartcoin - Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
wanted sliter

Activity: 398

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:58:18 PM

afer 10months, did you get back your token yet??!?!!
should you try to contact admins there??
I use MEW to store my token too,, but did not have any problem yet
kind of nervous

█▐█ ██   100xCoin   ██ █▌█     {  On Our Way to $1B Market Cap & Beyond  }
⦁  Whitepaper  ⦁    Telegram    ⦁      Twitter      ⦁     Medium     ⦁      Reddit      ⦁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lewan

Activity: 1008
Merit: 19

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:26:12 PM

I was very sorry. You might have a key logger on your computer, somehow you got your private password. You have to watch what you download. I hope you're fixing it in a short time.

vigmar

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:30:21 PM

If everything was stolen, then you should have got a new wallet MEW. Stolen coins can’t be returned. Be careful, don’t search a web address in the internet search engine. Otherwise, you can stumble upon scammers. Don’t use a secret key for an entrance, use the Metamask!
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 08:56:35 PM

If everything was stolen, then you should have got a new wallet MEW. Stolen coins can’t be returned. Be careful, don’t search a web address in the internet search engine. Otherwise, you can stumble upon scammers. Don’t use a secret key for an entrance, use the Metamask!
Scammers are very smart they even pay announcements and redirect you to websites that look the same and they can hack people that way, it is way better to bookmark the site that you want to use, that way you know that you will always be in the right site and you run no risk of being hacked that way, but another important thing if you want to keep your coins safe is to keep your computer up to date so your computer has as few vulnerabilities as possible.
Wicked Sick

Activity: 293

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:13:37 PM

People get hacked all the time, this is why you are always seeing threads on ways to make sure that your wallet is safe, there is no telling where you coins have gone and whoever has them is just going to bounce them through a couple of wallets to make sure that you can never trace them. Now you just have to move on and get another wallet. Sorry you lost your coins.

saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:45:54 PM

Most likely you downloaded a phishing program that stole from you all the data, or you had an extension installed that raged all your actions.
Gryphet

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:19:38 PM

If you are hacked means you are somewhere lit up your private key, just create a new account to use it, I think it is not safe, and next time check where you go from what site

(❪  B I T E N N Y  ❫)   Simplify your future
http://bitenny.io/
Baimovic

Activity: 1210

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:27:22 PM

Most likely you downloaded a phishing program that stole from you all the data, or you had an extension installed that raged all your actions.
At present there are many modes used to steal our assets, therefore we must be careful in doing anything including how to use our devices, preferably the devices used to work are not used for other purposes. we also have to be careful when following Airdrop because there are some Airdrop cases that are just cheating

gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:32:29 PM

This must be very devastating to you right now losing your hard earned cryptos. I think the only way that you will lose your cryptos in MEW is that if somebody got hold of your private keys. If you are sure you knew nobody possible to take hold of it, then you might have entered it in a phishing site. You can check from etherscan where your tokens were transferred. But there is nothing you can do about it as you will not know the identity of the receiver.
baricuri

Activity: 322

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:37:49 PM

If you are hacked means you are somewhere lit up your private key, just create a new account to use it, I think it is not safe, and next time check where you go from what site
The computer used to log into the wallet account is limited to bad sites, or unknown links, so it is safer for us, now hackers snooping our accounts a lot, so we should be careful

thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:47:34 PM

Your not the only person who was hacked to their MEW wallet. But just like what other said here to you, once your wallet has been hacked by a bad person(HACKER) there's no chance for you to recover it, maybe aside form the last transaction which you had made, maybe you clicked some phishing site too, which is you felt it is your account but its already you've been trap by the hacker something like that.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:51:13 PM

Sad to say but My EtherWallet has been hacked for couple of times
I remember that theres a phishing sites the has been misleaded by many MEW user.
Im sorry for you losses but this may serve as a lesson for you that the next time,you must saved the right site in your gadget so you wont be able to re direct fo phishing sites
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: