Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:56:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125827 times)
cryptonitro

Activity: 348
Merit: 119

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:28:43 PM

https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer-dash/blob/master/x11/x6/skein.c

why their is this implementation ? is it locked ?

@blissz
can you have a better indication (drawing or other pics) for where to fix 25k ohm potentiometer and what you mean for replace R80 ?

You need to remove the R80 resistor first and put  the potentiometer wired to the 2 "solder islands" of where the R80 was fixed.

ok understood , i thought may be blue one was connected on right side ...
will receive my D3 soon , i sent you a PM for pics of l3+ just to know where to send it , but mine as a control board problem i think , will had an other one soon .. (bored)

/!\ i cant wait for how to set default fan speed lower -_- ...

I am waiting, that I check it, but not received yet the november batch. I hope, that will be a new firmware, which can use more algo. Because this is a s##t now.

bitmain dont care about that , they wont waste time to have algos

The only project make me believe ... Holochain
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:00:33 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 02:16:06 PM by blissz

I have some great news guys!  Cool

I successfully modified the following:

- unlocked ASIC voltage from software. You can now increase or decrease the ASIC voltage from software Cheesy
 This can save a lot of power / heat and noise. i.e. I run my D3 at 15Gh/s at below 700 watts instead of 19Gh/s @ 1200watts. On the other hand you can also decide to overclock your unit if your PSU can handle it with this unlocked vcore.
- removed fast FAN startup. (very annoying for users that run this miner at home)
- unlocked full fan control. No more minimum fan checks. It removed the low fan warnings as well.

I need to mod the webinterface as well and do some testing so it will take roughly one more week before I will release the first firmware version I guess
This first version is mainly aimed at home users to get a better power usage / hashrate balance and run it as silent as possible

before you ask: Adding new algorithms will be on the list for future versions

other feature requests are welcome of course
stugots2

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:12:20 PM

honestly, if someone can write a customized miner for the d3 to mine different algo's, i'm sure the community would have no issues paying a mining fee.

good luck on the research guys.

WITHOUT A DOOUBT
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 02:38:05 PM

- unlocked ASIC voltage from software. You can now increase or decrease the ASIC voltage from software Cheesy
 This can save a lot of power / heat and noise. i.e. I run my D3 at 15Gh/s at below 700 watts instead of 19Gh/s @ 1200watts. On the other hand you can also decide to overclock your unit if your PSU can handle it with this unlocked vcore.
- removed fast FAN startup. (very annoying for users that run this miner at home)
- unlocked full fan control. No more minimum fan checks. It removed the low fan warnings as well.

I need to mod the webinterface as well and do some testing so it will take roughly one more week before I will release the first firmware version I guess
This first version is mainly aimed at home users to get a better power usage / hashrate balance and run it as silent as possible

This is fantastic. Does this mean now that you don’t need to do  the soldering etc...?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:48:30 PM

This is fantastic. Does this mean now that you don’t need to do  the soldering etc...?

exactly: it will be enabled by flashing the firmware and I will add the options to the existing web interface
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:06:01 PM

exactly: it will be enabled by flashing the firmware and I will add the options to the existing web interface

perfect friend, ;-) congratulation ... if you need a beta tester i'm here  Cool
D3 Antminer

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 04:20:31 PM

So is this meant that can we hope for new algo's?

crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 04:22:33 PM

thats awesome. think you could add the options to allow --balance and --load-balance to the miner config?

Cheers

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
yoonline

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:36:52 PM

maybe blissz work for bitmain and is trying to fix the whole mess bitmain cause to the consumers...
D3 Antminer

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 04:43:33 PM

I believe , Bitmain can solve this situation if desired.

But I dont believe that they will do

If they dont , I Hope someone will try this.

already 264 people are expecting it, maybe more than 1 million dollars investment

https://www.change.org/p/https-twitter-com-bitmaintech-d3-antminer-firmware-update-for-additional-mining-algorithms?recruiter=831205993&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition
kristikun

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:12:56 PM

Wow it be really insane if some1 makes ALgo switch possible ! Im willing to donate n test firmware !
D3 Antminer

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 05:16:50 PM

Such a firmware update can sell thousands .
stugots2

Activity: 224

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:28:53 PM

wow this will be AMAZING!!! and this community needs it, considering....................
EpicMining26

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:57:10 PM

This looks freaking awesome, I am excited to the possibilities this will open for all, something maybe to look at if possible it the fans spinning up to 100% when the miner loses connection with the pool or when the internet drops out. The kernel log reads: local0.err cgminer[374]: read_temp_func: can't read all sensor's temperature, close PIC and need reboot!!!. This is probably the most annoying thing ever seeing as the fans a really loud at 6000RPM. I basically shit myself every time this happens seeing as I don't expect it.
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:59:10 PM

This looks freaking awesome, I am excited to the possibilities this will open for all, something maybe to look at if possible it the fans spinning up to 100% when the miner loses connection with the pool or when the internet drops out. The kernel log reads: local0.err cgminer[374]: read_temp_func: can't read all sensor's temperature, close PIC and need reboot!!!. This is probably the most annoying thing ever seeing as the fans a really loud at 6000RPM. I basically shit myself every time this happens seeing as I don't expect it.

I kinda like the fan revs since I run a pool. Give be a heads up something happened Smiley

mikespax

Activity: 362

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:16:08 PM

My 50 D3s would really like a nice upgrade.

Bitrated user: mikespax.
JPP1972

Activity: 362
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:17:46 PM

Is a GREAT job!
Only an information.... you test this firmware only with D3 19.5 GH/s or you test also with the first batch 17.5 GH/s?
Thank you very much for your job!
cumbrian-miner

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:21:14 PM

Anyone think the firmware could be modded so that the D3 could mine Scrypt??!

That would be awesome!
MnngSprvsr

Activity: 118

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:37:45 PM

Anyone think the firmware could be modded so that the D3 could mine Scrypt??!

That would be awesome!

No
blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:51:44 PM

a small update on some questions I got:

- overvolting & overclocking will be possible as well. This doesn't make sense for me, but as long as you can keep it cool enough, it will be fine.
- I will add more features to the webinterface after the first version
- for now it's only tested on the October batch, but it will work for sure on other batches as well.

The status is now is that the I can adjust the voltage by hard code it in the binary, but it really needs to be a proper setting in the advanced webinterface page first before I send it out.
Fan speeds are fully unlocked already, so you can also decide to change them to a pair of silent fans on the modded firmware.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: