Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:08:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125816 times)
tsojin

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:51:45 PM

Thank you for the fan fix blissz, couldn't replicate the problem, but had a feeling it had to do with when there's a network interruption, much relieved it's fixed.  Had chips go to 114 degrees on one machine before I noticed and quickly intervened.  Error rate was higher than normal after that on that machine even after restarting, but after a short cooldown period they are working perfectly again, guess I dodged a bullet.

Also received my end Nov batch d3 and the fans on this model is of a poorer quality, different model, lower amp and much louder than the fans on other batches, a shame since my other d3's were all much quieter with the custom firmware and now the new machine just tops out the overall noise level again.

Do your fans also run at different RPMs?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:54:57 PM

Thank you for the fan fix blissz, couldn't replicate the problem, but had a feeling it had to do with when there's a network interruption, much relieved it's fixed.  Had chips go to 114 degrees on one machine before I noticed and quickly intervened.  Error rate was higher than normal after that on that machine even after restarting, but after a short cooldown period they are working perfectly again, guess I dodged a bullet.

Also received my end Nov batch d3 and the fans on this model is of a poorer quality, different model, lower amp and much louder than the fans on other batches, a shame since my other d3's were all much quieter with the custom firmware and now the new machine just tops out the overall noise level again.

Good to hear your d3 is fine!  Grin

You can replace the fans with some other models. I actually run mine now with two Scythe Slip Stream Slim 2000rpm, 120mm. This is of course not the solution if you want to run at high hashrates, but for the lowest voltage setting and 15 to 16 Mh/s this is a real nice and quiet fan.
I also modded the PSU: I added a small fan controller to have it run at half the RPM. Now this combination is actually really silent. I can have it run it in my living room if I want to.
phila

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:40:28 AM

Do your fans also run at different RPMs?

To keep the temps the same as the other batch d3's (80 degrees average during the day, 70 at night Silent Auto), 17.2 GHS average,  I have to run the latest batch d3 at "Default auto"

Fan speeds
Batch October/beginning November fans:
Daytime:   xxxx /3980 RPM  sound is concentrated on the inside of casing, less audible outside.  With stock firmware fans run at xxxx/4500+ RPM.
Nighttime: 2160/3210 RPM

Batch end November fans:
Daytime:   4xxx /5800 RPM  very loud, different sound than first model fans, like it's concentrated on the outside of the casing, sound is heard even at a distance.
Nighttime: 3090/4080 RPM

Good to hear your d3 is fine!  Grin

You can replace the fans with some other models. I actually run mine now with two Scythe Slip Stream Slim 2000rpm, 120mm. This is of course not the solution if you want to run at high hashrates, but for the lowest voltage setting and 15 to 16 Mh/s this is a real nice and quiet fan.
I also modded the PSU: I added a small fan controller to have it run at half the RPM. Now this combination is actually really silent. I can have it run it in my living room if I want to.

Thanks for the advice blissz, will definitely look into those fans as well, anything to help being able to live with these things lol.  I also bought some 6" inch and 12" Acoustic Ducting.  Plan to strap the 6 inch ducts to the fans and put the whole machine into the 12 inch duct as well and wire all the ends to separate windows to the outside with mesh over the openings (got some nice bug splatter already).
Ubersonic

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:56:11 AM

Just installed the latest version of the firmware, mine was a couple of days old I think, selected manual mode for the fans from the drop down box (didn't have that before) and applied, when it came back up the fans were running at 100% even though the speed was previously set at 35%, managed to fix it by deleting the 35 then retyping it and applying.  All seems to be good now.
willy059

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:18:10 AM

https://products.sanyodenki.com/en/contents/hp0070/list.php?CNo=70&ProCon=2068

Those fan looks quiter at 6400 rpm
Ubersonic

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:19:18 AM

But they're ribbed, I was always told that increased noise.

heh heh heh.
tperalta82

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:51:15 AM

Found a major bug on the firmware.

If by any chance there's a network loss, the fans will stop (since they are not hashing), and the hashing boards willl burnout...

Fried two of them on one D3.... gonna try RMA them

Actually, replicated this on another D3 , and it verifies

I assume on the stock firmware the fans keep running if you lose network, but the D3 keeps running trying to hash?

Hopefully blissz can get that bug fixed, really looking forward to trying the firmware since these mofos are louder than I expected...

On the original, when there's a network loss, the fans spinup like crazy until they find a working pool, hence it's safer, although louder
Going to revert to original firmware for now

I can confirm the bug. Testing the solution right now. Many thanks for at least take the time filling this bug. I'm very sorry for the loss Undecided

edit: with the automatic reboot on low hashrate function it won't burn out, but that was was not working on the previous firmware version...

No worries man, we all know this could happen x) , I've set two high performance blowers to cooldown the hashboards, and they seem to be working now, go figure x)

Glad to help, and thanks a lot for the quick update, gonna try it now
may142012

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:54:37 AM

Guys, should i use manual mode for the fans or choose the "Auto Silent" one? What is your recommend setting for the manual mode if i set the frequency to 400MH and "lowest" voltage.
DragosD1

Activity: 89

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:04:07 AM

Guys, should i use manual mode for the fans or choose the "Auto Silent" one? What is your recommend setting for the manual mode if i set the frequency to 400MH and "lowest" voltage.

Auto normal would b fine, or even auto silent, but watch a bit the temps
tperalta82

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:14:59 AM

A good feature, would be to have a checkbox to enable/disable a pool, without deleting it (i test my pools and stuff for example)
nid125

Activity: 510
Merit: 254

ImpulsX

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:35:34 AM

A good feature, would be to have a checkbox to enable/disable a pool, without deleting it (i test my pools and stuff for example)

I think you more likely mean check box for setting pools priority so without deleting and rewriting we can just switch the order which pool will be 0,1,2
I find this very useful when used iBeLink miners.

Thannks dev for being so active and kinda addictive to this firmware Smiley
dt8666

Activity: 302
Merit: 102

Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:08:19 AM

@blissz

The HW error behave very differently after each re start (either after each reset of config or actual restart)

the chain that used to be running with 0 HW for hours, after restart, it start generate HW error every few minutes

every restart will see things differently. This make looking for a "right" freq/volt very difficult. as the chain was ok but after tune other chain, this ok chain now produce error.

is this normal or what should be the best way to tune?

1. set lowest volt and lowest freq then tune up the freq
2. set "highest" freq and Volt and tune down
3. or which to tune first? Freq or Volt
dottat

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:18:53 AM

26/11 MUST HAVE UPDATE!!!

This fixes a major bug so you must upgrade guys!!!

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!f5hhlKzQ!b9I4qRJfROD9trRuJ5IH-B3FZcPe_-FjZRJS7u_tWRE

Changes 26/11:
- Solved an issue where loosing your network connection for a longer time could burn out your hashing boards as the fans run at a very low RPM.

Changes 25/11:
- Hashrate calculation is now according bitmain stock firmware (displayed  hashrate is ~3% higher now)
- + ~1% performance improvment by providing the work faster to the ASICs  Cool
- removed dev pool from miner status page to speed up webinterface and avoid confusion (exact dev mining details are visible in the kernel log)
- fixed auto reboot on low hashrate / xxxx
- fixed issue where temperature readings could be wrong
- fixed fan error on some units
- improved stability
- allows for zero RPM fan (all custom fans should work now)
- increased upper limit frequency for overclocking. (not recommended though Wink)
- dev fee kicks in a bit later now after changing settings

know issues:

- switching pools can sometimes cause the miner to wait for work for 10 seconds.

happy mining!

sorry for spamming again, but please update guys....

Bet this is what happened the other day. I didn't think those temps were bogus. It helped I have my d3 in my freezing cold garage.  Highest I saw before intervention was 100c and two cards dropped out by that point. Luckily they recovered with a reboot.
heythorp

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:39:18 AM

Well after running for 10.5 hours today I lost a board on my "good" machine. (machine 2 if you reference other posts) I'm running 11/23 and that is the longest ive had it running.

I had it at lowest volt,  456. Fan default.

Just giving a data point. i will flash the new firmware tomorrow and see how it goes.

Good luck everyone.

I should also add that it was board "3" same as machine one that eventually crapped out.. I'm not saying this board is dead like my other one, but I find it interesting that it was board 3 on both.
nid125

Activity: 510
Merit: 254

ImpulsX

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:00:12 AM

Would it be okay to get some Frequency/ASIC voltage data going? Would be really helpful for people just perusing to see what they can push with the right settings.

I'm not sure if this is average, but here is what I have going so far:

Hash: Frequency/ASIC : Watts
15.6 MH/s: 437M/lowest : 780-790W

Please add to the list. Thank you!

Batch:      Hash:  Frequency/ASIC :     Watts

Batch 1    14.77   MH/s 400M/lowest:  699-704 W

I also have batch 1 but I can't get 700w with 400M
Similar hash (14.6) can get on 387M but 710watts.
I think this is due to my wall voltage which is high at 248 volt  probably with some voltage optimiser and ~220v can go below 700w.
Miner in cold garage and webcam on the watt meter;)

ninjawin

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:56:57 AM

hi blissz

the latest firmware still fail to reboot on XXX.
Please help to look into the item again

Thank you
thistlecoins

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:13:10 AM

Would it be okay to get some Frequency/ASIC voltage data going? Would be really helpful for people just perusing to see what they can push with the right settings.

I'm not sure if this is average, but here is what I have going so far:

Hash: Frequency/ASIC : Watts
15.6 MH/s: 437M/lowest : 780-790W

Please add to the list. Thank you!

Batch:      Hash:  Frequency/ASIC :     Watts

Batch 1    14.77   MH/s 400M/lowest:  699-704 W

I also have batch 1 but I can't get 700w with 400M
Similar hash (14.6) can get on 387M but 710watts.
I think this is due to my wall voltage which is high at 248 volt  probably with some voltage optimiser and ~220v can go below 700w.
Miner in cold garage and webcam on the watt meter;)

http://tinyimg.io/i/nz3JhWs.jpg

Nice camera setup...

I was about to recommend this product, which is a 240v rated (I'm using it at 240) smart plug that can also track usage, but it appears the usage function has died on me (or their app is mis-behaving).  hah.  (Note, I do not recommend exposing your miner's power source to the internet for extended periods of time, this was just convenient for testing).

Zettaguard S31 (Amazon Link)
https://www.amazon.com/Zettaguard-S31-Blue-Wireless-Electronics-Smartphone/dp/B0727S8N72
thistlecoins

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:43:02 AM

25/11 v2 recommended UPDATE

I really  recommend to update to this version as it brings more stability / + small hashrate improvement

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!DowkVLgD!qVz5xnC2tGpUKKcjd6_kdkVjIwSG7-EBUkq1e_rX5Mg

Changes 25/11 v2:
- Hashrate calculation is now according bitmain stock firmware (displayed  hashrate is ~3% higher now)
- removed dev pool from miner status page to speed up webinterface and avoid confusion (exact dev mining details are visible in the kernel log)

Changes 25/11:
- improved stability
- increased upper limit frequency for overclocking. (not recommended though Wink)

know issues:

- switching pools can sometimes cause the miner to wait for work for 10 seconds.

happy mining!

The download link is dead

ya i found this https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/novec-us/applications/immersion-cooling/

any one know how to get that stuff or where to get , thanks  may142012 for the word to search for

Sent you the link of the fluid to your inbox.

From what i know, you need a big tank that fits all of the boards from your miner, a top tank that install the Cooling Coil to do two-phase operation, and of course the 1 gallon fluid that cost $300.

Off topic, but only slightly considering Blissz originally set out to make a silent machine...

That is the fancy 3M Engineered Fluids method... the hippy non-toxic way is to just use mineral-oil or some other suitable dielectic blend.  About 90$ for 5gallons.  Less in quantity.

Note, there are some serious hippies out there too!  Not just over-clocking gamers up for a laugh.
https://www.grcooling.com
and the NSA
http://grcoolingv2.staging.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/NSA-Doing-More-With-Less.pdf

Note one of GRCs products is a "hash-tank" comprised of S9s up to 5800Th/s squeezed into a 40' shipping container.
https://www.grcooling.com/bitcoin/

The tricky bits are circulation and heat exchanging... but not problems that haven't been solved a million different ways before.  I'm leaning towards trying a recirculating pump and a automotive transmission oil cooler+fan outside for my baby farm (two D3s)!   If I lived in a colder climate I would consider a classic household radiator and dump the heat inside seasonally.  If that can't move enough heat I'll have to try to build a evaporative cooler and heat exchange with water.

Take a journey down the antminer immersion cooling youtube rabit hole:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Antminer+mineral+oil
shimsimo

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:48:34 AM

WARNING THIS FIRMWARE MIGHT VOID THE WARRANTY ON YOUR MINER

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/145857banner.jpg

https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/893377382.jpg

https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/550407481.jpg

26/11 MUST UPDATE!!!

This fixes a major bug that could damage your d3 so you must upgrade guys!!!

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!f5hhlKzQ!b9I4qRJfROD9trRuJ5IH-B3FZcPe_-FjZRJS7u_tWRE

Upgrade instructions:
  • Recommended, at your current firmware, set the miner frequency at 400mhz and set your fan speed manual at 25% before flashing.
  • Download the custom firmware. (don't unpack it)
  • Flash by going to "System" -> "Upgrade" -> "Flash new firmware image" and select the custom firmware.
  • After flashing, check the advanced settings page and start at the lowest voltage setting and 400mhz. From there increase your frequency to see how high you can go at the lowest voltage setting.
  • Start tweaking some more. See the profile suggestions below.

Changes 26/11:
- Solved an issue where loosing your network connection for a longer period could burn out your hashing boards as the fans run at a very low RPM.

Changes 25/11 v2:

Changes 25/11:
- improved stability

Changes 23/11:
- way faster mining startup after changing settings / reboot
- adds the reboot on low hashrate option
- ~ 1% improvement on effective average hashrate *jeeej*
- fixed flash upgrade speed to new versions
- added AUTO FAN profiles:
The AUTO default profile is the one that's in since the start, the performance is more like the stock bitmain auto fan profile and the silent profile keeps things nice and quiet. Manual mode is for setting a static fan speed.

Changes 21/11:
- Firmware now based on latest Bitmain firmware (20/11/2017)
- made default bitmain voltage a bit more clear in the list.
- Applied a more silent AUTO fan profile.
- Fixed the high fan RPM at startup when using AUTO fan speed
- several webinterface fixes

Changes 20/11:
- ASIC frequency adjustable per chain
- Voltage settings adjustable per chain
- new graphics. (You might need to clear your browser cache)
- Switching pools overhead lowered (now mines for fee every 2 hours)

Changes 18/11:
- fixes the pool priority, it will now mine on your own backup pools when your first pool goes down.
- Dev fee lowered to 1,5% (it was actually 1,66%)

Changes 17/11:
- fixes the high fan speed when switching to the dev pool and back to your main pool
- fixes the close PIC and need reboot!!! error on the original bitmain firmware
- Made the ASIC default voltage less confusing as it is now comparable to the default bitmain voltage.
- Lowered the AUTO profile fan RPM's a little bit.

know issues:

It's really experimental so here are the terms:
- I am not responsible for any damage to your miner, flash at your own risk
- You're not going to complain about the 1.5% mining fee.

Some startup settings to get you going:

for silence and best efficiency / miner lifetime (my personal preference)

Expected hashrate: 15Mh/s to 17 Mh/s
Expected power usage: 700 - 780 watt

set the frequency at "400mhz", set the voltage to "lowest". Now slowly increase the frequency until you see HW errors. When you have a few HW errors an hour you found the sweet spot
set the fan speed manual somewhere between 20 - 30 percent. Chip temp should be somewhere between 75 - 80 degrees max.

For stock performance at lowest possible power usage

Expected hashrate: 18-5Mh/s to 19Mh/s
Expected power usage: 950 - 1100 watt

set the fan speed to automatic mode.
set the frequency at "525mhz", set the voltage to "13". Now decrease the voltage until you see HW errors. When you have a few HW errors an hour you found the sweet spot

For Extreme performance (this is not recommended for 24/7 usage)

Expected hashrate: 21Mh/s
Expected power usage: 1300 - 1400 watt

set the fan speed to automatic mode.
set the frequency at "600mhz", set the voltage to "18". Now decrease the voltage until you see HW errors. When you have a few HW errors an hour you found the sweet spot

Special thanks goes to:
- All the first beta testers
- cryptonitro for this awesome new Antminer icon

Support on this mod project is more than welcome as I want to have a spare D3 for modding the software. A (damaged) donor D3 or S9 would be very welcome as well, as this baby really needs some mods too Smiley

DASH: XpppzJw4PJyTYYEJNf78Zt1DrHVAA7ogvx
BTC: 1Na1A2pBSWn6ZEw3mSG9NLpQY77brWcfue

What did you do man!!
Average hash rate went up by 0.7~0.8G!!
I have two D3s.
The first one: 18.6G at 525M with 6 => 19.4G with same setting.
The second one: 19.3G with bitmain default => 20.0G with same setting....
Good job!!

I hope to see you coming up with new version for other algos!! :-)
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:20:28 AM

The code of bitmain really sucks when it comes to loosing network... in the next version I will let it switch off the mining boards after 2 minutes of network failure.. it's stupid that it keeps hashing on the "old" work packages :')
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: