Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:49:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining | 15% POS | 18.07% Term Deposit  (Read 107927 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (15 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 09:29:32 PM

Here is the first rough draft of the ROI Coin Roadmap.

You need to review it and suggest any changes for community discussions.

This is your coin so you definitely need to be fully involved in this road map.

ROI Coin Road Map 1st Draft

I'm trying to click on it and is not bringing me to any roadmap link.
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:57:31 PM

Any profit calculators out there? i just found this coin and installed wallet to start mining i have FX 8350 Octacore . I hit it with 3 core but only get 50hs seems low . how long to find a block at this rate roughly?

We haven't had time to put together a profit calculator yet. 50HS is really low and I seriously doubt you would have any luck solo mining with that...
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:58:38 PM

Here is the first rough draft of the ROI Coin Roadmap.

You need to review it and suggest any changes for community discussions.

This is your coin so you definitely need to be fully involved in this road map.

ROI Coin Road Map 1st Draft

I'm trying to click on it and is not bringing me to any roadmap link.

We just released that roadmap graphic and it is up for discussion/review/adjustments. We haven't put together a complete landing page for it yet but can do that once we get the graphic finalized..
Mortorin

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:07:07 PM

Just discovered this and am keen to start mining. Reading through the thread (apologies, I havent read every page) it seems like cluster mining is the way to go at the moment. I have started mining and all seems to be working, but I just have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a way to output your hashrate with roiminer.exe?
2) I want to use 7 threads (So I can still do basic stuff on my pc) but if I set -t any higher than 4 it crashes, and the only alternative I can find so far is to take out -t all together so it uses all 8 threads. Does anyone else have this issue?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction  Smiley

RinceWind84

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

HODL! If it isn't a grudge...

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:01:12 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 12:17:29 AM by RinceWind84

Just discovered this and am keen to start mining. Reading through the thread (apologies, I havent read every page) it seems like cluster mining is the way to go at the moment. I have started mining and all seems to be working, but I just have a couple of questions:

2) I want to use 7 threads (So I can still do basic stuff on my pc) but if I set -t any higher than 4 it crashes, and the only alternative I can find so far is to take out -t all together so it uses all 8 threads. Does anyone else have this issue?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction  Smiley

what is your CPU?

For benchmarking
Code:
roiminer.exe --benchmark -q

Let it run for say 5 minutes. Then use a calculator or excel-like software to calculate average Khash/s. Hoping that helped  Smiley

And unless you understand the difference between cluster and pool mining. And for some reason believe that clusterring is your thing. I would personally suggest that you use the pool.
The pool will give you results that are consistent with your hashrate and the network difficulty at your time of mining. Good pooling or maybe good luck Wink

EDIT: Beware though that the pool will not show your results, or grant you any returns, before roughly 18 hours into mining.
briellaodcm

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:32:06 AM

the term deposit is a unique feature. hope this coin will be listed on on other exchanges.
SepLite

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:59:45 AM

Has anyone else compiled optiminer on a mac?

Running configure returns

Code:
./configure: line 5624: syntax error near unexpected token `,'
./configure: line 5624: `LIBCURL_CHECK_CONFIG(, 7.15.2, ,'

I have seen this issue (https://github.com/OhGodAPet/hodlminer-wolf/issues/1), and followed the steps listed but it still did not produced the same error.

Curl and openssl are installed, running curl -V produces

Code:
curl 7.54.0 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.0) libcurl/7.54.0 SecureTransport zlib/1.2.8
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz UnixSockets

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have spent many hours trying to get this package to compile, cross-compiling, modifying the script, etc. Perhaps I am missing the obvious solution.

If more information is needed, I would be more than happy to provide it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
wgq1981

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:38:49 AM

This ROI coin has a unique concept, which is also unique, so it will certainly attract more people to invest in this coin.
CryptoMarv

Activity: 154
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:17:51 PM

the term deposit is a unique feature. hope this coin will be listed on on other exchanges.

In the next days a hardfork will be done on block 25000. After that the devs will try to add the coin to more exchanges. We will see when the coin will be listed.
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:28:15 PM

Just so you know we have had numerous requests for a MAC wallet and have promised to provide one.

We have just finished up a binary for MAC but have had very little time to do extensive testing on it however the testing we have been able to do proved to show no issues at all.

Because of the above and to expedite the needs of the community we are officially releasing the MAC (Beta) version of the ROI Coin wallet and it is a beta so we would appreciate it very much if the MAC users in the community would download and run the beta wallet and then of course give us feedback if you discover any issues whatsoever. You are encouraged to report any issues at: https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/issues

You can download the MAC (Beta) wallet at the ROI Coin home site: https://roi-coin.com/roi-coin-downloads
You can download the MAC (Beta) wallet at GitHub: https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/releases

Plainkoin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 05:36:42 PM

Friendly reminder - For anyone that uses an ROIcoin.conf file for "addnode="  Please update with the following IP addresses.

I will be taking down the old VPS nodes tomorrow - Thursday the 14th, by end of day.

These are 3rd party Nodes, by members of the community that have been generously supporting the net.  Thank you!  These are hard coded by DNS names in the new wallet as well, v1.1.0.0.

200.179.245.53  Brazil
153.213.96.231  Japan
194.67.193.64   Russia
52.211.179.241  Ireland
79.141.58.231   Russia

If I missed anyone, feel free to add on.

Thank you for being such a great community!  I really love the positive vibes in this thread, everyone helping each other out.  Smiley

Plainkoin

Activity: 116

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 05:46:57 PM

Code:

I have seen this issue (https://github.com/OhGodAPet/hodlminer-wolf/issues/1), and followed the steps listed but it still did not produced the same error.

Code:
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz UnixSockets

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have spent many hours trying to get this package to compile, cross-compiling, modifying the script, etc. Perhaps I am missing the obvious solution.

If more information is needed, I would be more than happy to provide it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

MAC is a tricky critter.  Your error is definitely a library issue.  Have you checked all dependencies as well as have the SDKs on your local? Also, what version of Ubuntu are you using?  We have found that Ubuntu 14.04 is most favorable as the MAC versions have very strict gcc / libc dependencies.

If you are not on Ubuntu 14.04.  Get Oracle VMBox to build, much easier...  Keep us posted.

Mortorin

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:18:48 PM

what is your CPU?

For benchmarking
Code:

Let it run for say 5 minutes. Then use a calculator or excel-like software to calculate average Khash/s. Hoping that helped  Smiley

And unless you understand the difference between cluster and pool mining. And for some reason believe that clusterring is your thing. I would personally suggest that you use the pool.
The pool will give you results that are consistent with your hashrate and the network difficulty at your time of mining. Good pooling or maybe good luck Wink

EDIT: Beware though that the pool will not show your results, or grant you any returns, before roughly 18 hours into mining.

I just have an i7 4790k. I might pool mine, havent looked at it here but I pool mine Verium and it put me off (mining fees and withdrawal fees) plus I saw a few people earlier in this thread saying they were getting much better returns cluster mining than they were in the pool. I've been cluster mining for 18 hours+ at the moment though and havent seen any returns; I'll give it another 12 hours or so and if I dont have anything I'll switch to pool mining.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the benchmark option, I'll run that once I stop cluster mining, but I'm scared to stop it in case I miss something  Wink
Blue9999

Activity: 107

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:21:10 PM

what is your CPU?

For benchmarking
Code:

I just have an i7 4790k. I might pool mine, havent looked at it here but I pool mine Verium and it put me off (mining fees and withdrawal fees) plus I saw a few people earlier in this thread saying they were getting much better returns cluster mining than they were in the pool. I've been cluster mining for 18 hours+ at the moment though and havent seen any returns; I'll give it another 12 hours or so and if I dont have anything I'll switch to pool mining.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the benchmark option, I'll run that once I stop cluster mining, but I'm scared to stop it in case I miss something  Wink

I too have an i7 4790k. I mined on a pool for a month and now I have been doing cluster mining for couple of days and I hit atleast 1 or 2 blocks per day. 
guru30

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:31:58 PM

I have recently observed that there has been an accumulation of addresses like 45bd-----------------------  in the pool, whom  doesn´t match the look of casual ROI adresses – often with much hashpower.
These ones may contribute for the network, but the coins will never be received. Maybe a Pool Administrator should check who´s connecting with previously mentioned adresses and should disconnect this one.

I think there is simply unnecessary energy consumed.

Thank you very much to the dev who really invest a lot in this coin!!!!

Sorry for the bad English
Guru

Mortorin

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:59:25 PM

I got a block after about 20 hours (so I know everything is working, which is a relief!) and it tells you your hashrate when you get the "accepted" message - mine reported 473H/s
Dastrike351

Activity: 160

Hello World!

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:39:11 PM

Did someone calculated when the hard fork will happen, I got between saturday night, sunday morning.
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:43:24 PM

Did someone calculated when the hard fork will happen, I got between saturday night, sunday morning.

Yes you are very close on your estimate Cheesy

RinceWind84

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

HODL! If it isn't a grudge...

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:24:57 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 10:42:21 AM by RinceWind84

what is your CPU?

For benchmarking
Code:

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the benchmark option, I'll run that once I stop cluster mining, but I'm scared to stop it in case I miss something  Wink
Well good luck on the cluster. Something tells me that you are going to need it Wink
I did a 24 hour test on coinspool yesterday with my i7-3770k (OC'ed to 4.6 Ghz) getting 430 Khash/s on average. I ended up receiving just shy of 500 ROI from that.
If you can do better on the cluster, then cluster is the right choice for you Smiley

EDIT: I meant Hash/s, not Khash/s. Sorry about that...
SepLite

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:39:57 AM

Code:

Code:

MAC is a tricky critter.  Your error is definitely a library issue.  Have you checked all dependencies as well as have the SDKs on your local? Also, what version of Ubuntu are you using?  We have found that Ubuntu 14.04 is most favorable as the MAC versions have very strict gcc / libc dependencies.

If you are not on Ubuntu 14.04.  Get Oracle VMBox to build, much easier...  Keep us posted.

That error is from when I tried to compile it from Mac OSX 10.11 and 10.12 directly. For cross-compiling, I am trying from Ubuntu 16.04, but I know for sure that the OSX CURL libraries are configured incorrectly and will work on cross-compiling the next few days.

Also, on my Ubuntu Machine I find that with optiminer's hodlminer the hash rate is much lower than what I get from the wallet directly through optimineaes enabled. Normally I get 80 H/s, but with optiminer I get 55 H/s on one thread and 40 H/s and 30 H/s on two threads. Does anyone have any tips for improving optiminer's hash rate? Also, is it better to run the miner on multiple threads if the sum hash rate is higher than the single thread hash rate (say 30 and 40 H/s on two threads vs 55 H/s on one thread)?

Also yes, I know 80 h/s is low but it's just a casual laptop that I mine on in the night when my house is cold enough to cool the laptop (partially) and the global hashrate dips. I've actually found a block in on this machine in just two nights!
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: