Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:59:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining | 15% POS | 18.07% Term Deposit  (Read 107927 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (15 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
popcoins

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:21:27 PM

Is anyone Solo Mining with the wallet or is it possible?
If so what spec is your machine that is at least capable of worth doing at the current diff?

Thanks in advanced  Roll Eyes

███
                              █████
           ██           █████████              ██
       █████         
█████████         ██████
     ████████         
█████         █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
            ████████              █████████
               █████       ███       █████

███       ██       █████       ██       ███
    █████            █████████            █████
█████████    █████████████    █████████
█████████    █████████████    █████████       
    █████            █████████            █████
      ███        ██      █████      ██      ███
               █████      ███       █████
            ████████              █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
     ████████         
█████        █████████
       █████         
█████████        ██████
           ██           
█████████           ██
                              █████
                                ███

Adonx.one

◆ Twitter
◆ Telegram
◆ Discord

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
billybonus2

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:39:17 PM

If so what spec is your machine that is at least capable of worth doing at the current diff?

Thanks in advanced  Roll Eyes

Im mining using the wallet, and yes its works just fine. 4-6 found blocks per day with Ryzen 7 1700
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:47:21 PM

Thanks in advanced  Roll Eyes

The slowest CPU I have here is i7 3770 and they solo mine from the wallet very good. I also use the -optimineraes=1 flag and that helps a lot.
Dastrike351

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:09:21 PM

How the Diff is calculated, its like a wave sometimes?
cobfor

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:54:04 PM

I think that something is wrong with the pool. For the last 2 hours I'm mining 400 H - 700 H and no coins have been generated. It does show how Hashes vary but no single new coin.

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
✭ CPU Based Solo/Pool Mining ✭  (https://roi-coin.com/)
Plainkoin

Activity: 116

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 11:56:51 PM

Hello,

Difficulty adjustments are performed by MIDAS.  This code was written by Mr. Dillinger and embedded into ROI coin.  It is highly effective in its response to variances in hash rate.  The trade off is block timing that is not exactly two minutes, but does a great job in keeping the chain tight, as so whale miners can't suck up the chain, leaving the coin with no transactions for an extended period of time.

We did review the four most common difficulty algos out in the world and felt this one fit nicely.  They all have their pros and cons.  And more than likely, someone will come on with an argument as to why another is better...  But so far, MIDAS has proven itself rather well, especially when we were getting hit with NiceHash miners.

You can get a better picture of how it behaves here at the BE site: https://roi-coin-blockexplorer.roi-coin.com/hash

If you would like a technical overview, you check out his page on it:  http://dillingers.com/blog/2015/04/21/altcoin-difficulty-adjustment-with-midas/  It is very informative and a rather elegant solution, for the time being.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:00:05 AM

If you go to https://roi-coin-blockexplorer.roi-coin.com/hash you can see some very cool and helpful details at our blockexplorer. Namely, Global Network Hash Speed - Global Network Difficulty and Time to Find 500 Blocks in Seconds. Also, this info keeps updating and also takes you back in time to give a historical data view.

By looking at this you can clearly see what the mining hash rate, mining difficulty and block timing has been doing.

On your Diff calculation question:

ROI Coin is using a MIDAS implementation. Without getting overly technical it looks at some things such as existing block timing, target block timing, network hashrate, etc. It then can do calculations and decide to increase or decrease the difficulty. So far it has proven to be working very well and it offers us some protection against large hashing swings. This could happen if large hashing power was applied and un-applied to the coin thus manipulating or gaming the mining.

The best way to see how well the algo has done is to use the link above. Take a look and see how the network hashrate has varied bigtime from ten's of thousands up to 400,000 hash. Now look and see how the difficulty has adjusted to compensate. Then lastly just see how jagged with big peaks and valleys the graph shows for hash rate and difficulty but when you look at the time to find blocks it runs very stable and steady. When hashrate moves way up and down and diff adjusts up and down and you see that block find time running sweet and smooth we have a winner folks Smiley

Watching the ROI Coin Difficulty Algo Over Time
Top view is total hashing - center view is Difficulty - bottom view is block timing
While hash and difficulty move around block timing runs very steady!
Dastrike351

Hello World!

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:10:30 AM

Thank you both! Smiley very interesting!
cInfiniteBtcLetsShare

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:18:35 AM

I have recently observed that there has been an accumulation of addresses like 45bd-----------------------  in the pool, whom  doesn´t match the look of casual ROI adresses – often with much hashpower.
These ones may contribute for the network, but the coins will never be received. Maybe a Pool Administrator should check who´s connecting with previously mentioned adresses and should disconnect this one.

I think there is simply unnecessary energy consumed.

Thank you very much to the dev who really invest a lot in this coin!!!!

Sorry for the bad English
Dastrike351

Hello World!

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:49:04 AM

I think that something is wrong with the pool. For the last 2 hours I'm mining 400 H - 700 H and no coins have been generated. It does show how Hashes vary but no single new coin.

It take 360 block for confirmation or about 12 hours before coins kick in.
cobfor

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:58:42 AM

I am mining for 3 weeks now and I was getting 20 coins every 40-60 minutes. It was like that before and after the fork, all the way until 4:30 PM ET.

Did something change today afternoon with pool mining?

I took a screenshot of ROI workers and sorted by efficiency to compare number of coins in the last 20 minutes. Regardless if people were mining with 7 KH or 1 KH. they made no coins. It was never like that before.

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
Dastrike351

Hello World!

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:04:06 AM

I am mining for 3 weeks now and I was getting 20 coins every 40-60 minutes. It was like that before and after the fork, all the way until 4:30 PM ET.

I took a screenshot of ROI workers and sorted by efficiency to compare number of coins in the last 20 minutes. Regardless if people were mining with 7 KH or 1 KH. they made no coins. It was never like that before.

The graph show that the pool was down from about 10:10 am to 11:50 am. maybe it that.
cobfor

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:17:26 AM

The graph show that the pool was down from about 10:10 am to 11:50 am. maybe it that.

No, that outage was done by elbandi who's managing the pool. There was an issue with pool after the fork which he fixed and posted the explanation on previous page.

This seems to be a new issue.

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:28:04 AM

A few quick announcements:

• The fork at block 25,000 is complete and if you have not done so you need to download and run the new wallet from https://roi-coin.com/roi-coin-downloads
  • The white paper is in progress and should be ready to meet the road map deadline
  • New ANN translations have been completed and added for Chinese, Romanian and Russian
  • The website appearance has been updated for branding, color palette and theme and you can view those changes at https://roi-coin.com
  • We have enhanced the new block explorer with SSL + multiple new and cool features which you can see at https://roi-coin-blockexplorer.roi-coin.com/
  • The online paper wallet is in progress and will be complete within a week or two
  • The community website is doing well and is now up to a login community of 276 users and growing
  • We have had multiple 5 star reviews from the community at Facebook and some favorable shares in large crypto communities
  • We are working hard to complete the listing at Yobit and are deciding on the next exchange we will go after
  • We are readying for a large paid marketing push and will launch this once we are 100% positive that the coin is fully stable post-fork
  • Last but not least we are overwhelmed and amazed at the community of this new coin and many thanks to each and every one of you!
Dastrike351

Hello World!

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:46:31 AM

No, that outage was done by elbandi who's managing the pool. There was an issue with pool after the fork which he fixed and posted the explanation on previous page.

Im also 2:20 hours without receiving coins.... 
cobfor

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:00:29 AM

Im also 2:20 hours without receiving coins.... 

I sent a message to Elbandi and he replied back to me:

"Mined block confirm is 360, that's 12-16 hours. You need to wait longer as other coins.

Elbandi"

I checked, and actually there is a Warning on that matter on http://coinspool.cu.cc/info_roicoin

I guess something has changed.

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
skyfall3984

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:09:29 AM

Good catch! I just tried to find contact info for the pool owner, to have him warned, but no luck   Shocked. I guess there is no point of mining with that pool after the fork unless pool gets upgraded to 1.1.
73 blocks to go  ...

Sorry how are you able to check it is the older version?

At the top of the wallet click Help and then click About ROIcoin Core

The very top line will give you the info you ask about such as this from my wallet:

ROIcoin Core version v1.1.0.000 (64-bit)

Sorry, what I meant was the pool, how did he/she know that the pool was running on the older version?

If you go to http://coinspool.cu.cc/info_roicoin and look at the center green column labeled Pool it displays the Daemon version as 1.0.2.7

This should mean the pool is not on the updated wallet but then again it is possible this is just optics and this info hasn't been updated yet and they could be running the new wallet. So far and as far as I know the pool operator has not responded to requests on this issue. The pool operator has done a good job thus far and I have no worries everything will be taken care of Cheesy

ic, thanks for the prompt reply. I've switched over to cluster mining for now just to be save, don't want to get banned.

Also how would your banning work if the pool owner doesn't upgrade to the new wallet? what happens to all those new shiny coins that were mined using the old version? Would the server blockchain automatically reject them? I'm curious how that mechanism works, if you are willing to share. Thanks!

So without getting overly technical let's just say the code in the new wallet is able to take a look and see the version of a node trying to connect to our network and it can decide that version is not the proper current version and then reject it. All of this is done automatically. So if a wallet is not upgraded at the time of this fork block 25000 then that wallet will not be able to connect to our network of nodes any longer. Banned, kicked off, evicted are some words that come to mind. The reason this is necessary is to prevent someone from gaming the system by running the previous version and taking advantage of the incorrect/inflated interest rates.

In terms of what happens to those shiny new coins. That is a bit of a situation to say. So picture this in your mind and get a visual: we had a blockchain running only one running mind you so picture this horizontal line.... then exactly at the fork - that horizontal line splits into 2 and now you have two parallel horizontal lines after the fork. You know essentially 2 parallel blockchains running side by side. They both exist and they both contain the same coins that existed prior to the fork.

Now going forward past that fork these 2 different parallel chains are not interchangeable. One chain can't send coins to the other chain and vise verse. They are literally two different animals. So past the fork coins mined on chain 1 are only good on chain 1. Coins mined on chain 2 are only good on chain 2. If you are on the old version after the fork and mine coins those coins will be rejected by the new version. But, both chains do exist and both chains do have coins and both chains can move forward and continue to live.

A great example of this was when Bitcoin forked into Bitcoin Cash. I had a bitcoin wallet running and I had a bitcoin cash wallet running before the fork. After the fork I got free coins. The same amount of bitcoins i had before the fork i then had in my bitcoin cash wallet after the fork. The coins doubled and the new free batch of coins is on the BitcoinCash fork. After this fork the same coins exist on both chains and yet the coins cannot pass back and forth but are stuck on one of the 2 chains.

If this is not clear let me know what questions you might have.
So that means now I have double the amount of ROI I have before fork? how to get it?
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:28:48 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 05:56:05 AM by DisasterFaster

So that means now I have double the amount of ROI I have before fork? how to get it?

I don't recommend bothering with harvesting the coins because only the main chain will survive but if you want to you sure can.

All you have to do is keep a copy of your wallet.dat pre-fork and keep a node running on the pre-fork chain. This will preserve your pre-fork coins on the pre-fork chain.

You will also need a wallet.dat on the post fork node and it must stay on the post fork chain. This will maintain your post fork coins on the new chain if that makes sense.

Keep in mind we are not Bitcoin and the old chain will die a miserable and wretched grizzly horrific catastrophic morbid toxic eternal extinction-level-event death with no supporting seed nodes, community, development, website, tender loving care, etc., etc. Smiley
skyfall3984

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:53:46 AM

I don't recommend bothering with harvesting the coins because only the main chain will survive but if you want to you sure can.

All you have to do is keep a copy of your wallet.dat pre-fork and keep a node running on the pre-fork chain. This will preserve your pre-fork coins on the pre-fork chain.

You will also need a wallet.dat on the post fork node and it must stay on the post fork chain. This will maintain your post fork coins on the new chain if that makes sense.

Keep in mind we are not Bitcoin and the old chain will die a miserable and wretched grizzly horrific catastrophic morbid toxic eternal extinction-level-event death with no supporting seed nodes, community, development, website, tender loving care, etc., etc. Smiley
It's really hard to understand for me haha
CryptoMarv

Activity: 154
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:03:56 AM

It's really hard to understand for me haha

Short form: Use only the new wallet with new blockchain because no one will support the "old version" anymore and so it will die.  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: