Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:17:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #  (Read 458140 times)
anodyne

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 12:04:32 AM

I've been mining NMC for the past few days, and I had something around a 1.40 BTC balance with Eligius (1KUvwJTZnb6cRSB6VpiWF9jEoMbLv6MeBD). That balance seems to have disappeared and it has not been paid - the stats no longer show anything for the address.

According to blockexplorer you have recieved coins earlier, so I assume you're not using MyBitcoin to lose them. I suggest running bitcoin with -rescan to see if it fell between the cracks. It has solved the same problem for me and at least to one other person in this thread.

And the stats might be gone because with the payment queue the oldest coins in your balance might have been more than a week old, so it could be that the stat page thinks you've been away for more than a few days since it can't find any coins that are less than a week old. But that's just a guess.

Bitcoins: solid enough to build pyramids.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eck

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 01:35:56 AM

Yep, you were right - I was paid and it just took some time for it to show up. Thanks!
Xephan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 04:33:03 AM

I've been getting about 5% stales recently is this normal?

About 3x higher than mine, not sure about the rest.
kiwiasian

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 02:13:24 PM

About 3x higher than mine, not sure about the rest.

Nevermind, that only lasted for an hour. I'm getting less than 1% now.

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
twmz

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 11:12:00 PM

I had created a similar tool for my own purposes...

I would suggest you move this to http://eligius.st/ Wink

Done: http://eligius.st/~twmz/

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 05:45:42 PM

I'm getting between 2-4% lately (1 week timeframe), which is a bit worrying.
Sometimes the 15-min window shows even up to 7% of current submitted shares being stale.

Doesn't happen at a few other pools so it's not a hardware issue.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:18:39 PM

I'm getting between 2-4% lately (1 week timeframe), which is a bit worrying.
Sometimes the 15-min window shows even up to 7% of current submitted shares being stale.
I've had consistently under 2% (except for server issues/downtime) for a while now...

Doesn't happen at a few other pools so it's not a hardware issue.
That doesn't actually follow. Most other pools don't support the same functionality that Eligius does, so don't encounter the same issues. I would suggest trying with the latest poclbm (ideally my branch) and seeing how that works.

anodyne

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 08:20:35 PM

Could you add something to make addresses easier to spot? Putting a stronger color and maybe an underline on visited links would be a simple solution but it could help a bit (unless the user has clicked a lot of miners, but still...)

Bitcoins: solid enough to build pyramids.
twmz

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 09:45:52 PM

Could you add something to make addresses easier to spot? Putting a stronger color and maybe an underline on visited links would be a simple solution but it could help a bit (unless the user has clicked a lot of miners, but still...)

Visited links are now a distinctive color of red.  That said, I usually just Ctrl-F and search for the first 4 letters of my address (which is usually enough to find a unique match).

WoT, GPG

twmz

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 01:05:33 AM

I changed it so that visited links are no longer in a different color.  Instead, you can "star" any addresses that you want to track and they will be highlighted if they appear in the payout queue for all future visits.  Note, the addresses you care about are stored only in a cookie and so this setting is per-browser.  If you use multiple browsers/computers, you'll need to star your favorited addresses once on each of your browsers/computers.

WoT, GPG

Artefact2

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 09:19:12 AM

I changed it so that visited links are no longer in a different color.  Instead, you can "star" any addresses that you want to track and they will be highlighted if they appear in the payout queue for all future visits.  Note, the addresses you care about are stored only in a cookie and so this setting is per-browser.  If you use multiple browsers/computers, you'll need to star your favorited addresses once on each of your browsers/computers.

Well, instead of using cookies, I'd have used LocalStorage (since cookies are sent to the server at every request, which is useless in this case because everything is client-side JS).

Also, I see no license header or notice to indicate under which license the code is. Would you care to specify that? Other than that, great tool!

A pool-biased blockchain representation, by me: pident (WTFPL)
yigga

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 10:07:48 AM

hope stats are fixed soon! Wink
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:26:00 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2011, 07:45:35 PM by Jack of Diamonds

That doesn't actually follow. Most other pools don't support the same functionality that Eligius does, so don't encounter the same issues. I would suggest trying with the latest poclbm (ideally my branch) and seeing how that works.

Stales seem to follow some sort of pattern dependant on the server's behavior.

During the writing of this post, literally everyone in the top 25 has 0% stale shares over the last 15 minutes, and under 2% overall. That applies to my miners as well over the last 15min

A few hours later it ranges based on each address, from 1 to 4%.
Just wondering where it's coming from / if it can be solved. Can't be random because the 0% streaks happen to everyone at the same time & end at the same time.

Edit (10 minutes later): Now everyone on top25 is having about 3% stales again.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 02:30:24 AM

New feature for beta-testing only (NO WARRANTY ETC): you can now append your address with "_workername" in your username to classify the shares. This has no effect on the JSON data, but does create a distinct identity in the database so you can monitor individual workers' uptime and hashrate. Currently it is not supported by Artefact2's graphs.

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 01:49:37 AM

Announcement: Eligius will soon stop sending the X-Roll-Ntime header (and will reject ntime-changed shares from) miners which do not send at least "X-Mining-Extensions: rollntime" in their getwork headers. An exception to the rule will be made for User-Agents matching miners known to roll ntime correctly (currently, this is poclbm and newer cgminer versions), but authors of such miners are encouraged to advertise rollntime support anyway.

What this means for you: If you're using a miner that isn't either known by me to have working rollntime support and has a unique User-Agent header, or advertises having rollntime support explicitly, your miner's efficiency (accepted shares per getwork) will drop. If network latency is bad, you may get more "miner is idle" messages. It is recommended that miners use clients which support rollntime, such as poclbm.

This is one step toward improving our longpoll times and making the pool more efficient in general.

P.S. If you hack your client to advertise rollntime support, but don't really support it, expect to have the miner blacklisted from rollntime. There is no reason to do this.

DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 02:41:21 AM

Announcement: Eligius will soon stop sending the X-Roll-Ntime header (and will reject ntime-changed shares from) miners which do not send at least "X-Mining-Extensions: rollntime" in their getwork headers. An exception to the rule will be made for User-Agents matching miners known to roll ntime correctly (currently, this is poclbm and newer cgminer versions), but authors of such miners are encouraged to advertise rollntime support anyway.

What this means for you: If you're using a miner that isn't either known by me to have working rollntime support and has a unique User-Agent header, or advertises having rollntime support explicitly, your miner's efficiency (accepted shares per getwork) will drop. If network latency is bad, you may get more "miner is idle" messages. It is recommended that miners use clients which support rollntime, such as poclbm.

This is one step toward improving our longpoll times and making the pool more efficient in general.

P.S. If you hack your client to advertise rollntime support, but don't really support it, expect to have the miner blacklisted from rollntime. There is no reason to do this.

In other words, you're giving me a reason to remove rollntime completely in DiabloMiner. Good jorb.

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 03:00:08 AM

In other words, you're giving me a reason to remove rollntime completely in DiabloMiner. Good jorb.
Or you could make it send X-Mining-Extensions. For now, I've whitelisted "Java" user agent...

DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 03:07:32 AM

Or you could make it send X-Mining-Extensions. For now, I've whitelisted "Java" user agent...

Until Tycho adds support for X-Mining-Extensions to his Roll NTime spec, I see no reason to support this.

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 03:32:44 AM

Until Tycho adds support for X-Mining-Extensions to his Roll NTime spec, I see no reason to support this.
Tycho has nothing to do with rollntime. The only spec is what I just wrote up at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Getwork#rollntime

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 04:46:48 AM

I would appreciate it if the miner using software that rolls ntime when it's not told to, and doesn't send any User-Agent at all, would get in contact with me Smiley
Example: 19BLtj3bSsJjfHp8b47eDwfGBRLognDDu2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: